(Topic ID: 222461)

Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)

By MrSanRamon

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,330 posts
  • 732 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 23 hours ago by Dashmonster
  • Topic is favorited by 277 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)”

• I'm in on a CE 77 votes
    9%
  • I'm in on a SE 172 votes
    21%
  • I'm in on a LE 396 votes
    48%
  • I'm out for now 182 votes
    22%

(827 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wire switch 2 (resized).jpg
R orbit switch (resized).jpg
IMG_4951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4943 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0464 (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
IMG_3190 (resized).jpeg
Wolfman (resized).jpg
IMG_2467 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4014 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231111_165525077 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20231112-165133 (resized).png
20231110_123120 (resized).jpg
20231105_122730 (resized).jpg
94B393B7-CB09-4AFB-A166-CF0EC7F7F9A0 (resized).jpeg
3D150F78-A1C1-4B31-A9FA-00031163D7C1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #4230 Potential fix for SDTM from scoop. Posted by Reznnate (5 years ago)

Post #5928 Frankenstein switch adjustment tips Posted by MGM2 (4 years ago)

Post #6026 Links to STDM Tweaks Posted by Oaken (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider woody76.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7697 3 years ago
Quoted from Purdue:

Is CGC still making MBR or any of their remakes or were they all pre-sale? Can you still get one new?

MB SE is still available for sure but prices seem inflated from distributors as not many left. I bought one of the last classics available and i think mike at automated still has one or two classics left. pretty sure the LEs are gone.

1 week later
#7719 3 years ago

All these years of collecting and got my first MB today. Fedex showed up a day early. Charging the escalera battery now and will get it in the gameroom shortly.

#7720 3 years ago

Got mine unboxed and knocked a couple games out. i have one issue, when frank bank drops and he stands up on the playfield when he is supposed to go back and lay down he falls head first on the playfield and stays there. Any ideas?

#7722 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Tab circled in red got out of position. Gently bend the whole part over a bit so the tab is more to the right. ( after you get the tab in front of the metal guide )
LTG : )
[quoted image]

Thank you, will give it a shot tomorrow.

#7723 3 years ago

I ended up having to bend it quit a bit to get it to work some. It is almost like he shifts to far left and the entire arm never makes it back into that groove on the main bracket. I bet I have bent it a quarter inch already for it to still fail sometimes.

#7724 3 years ago

The playfield on this thing is gorgeous. If I was Stern i would be begging CGC to be making my playfields again. Besides the Frank faceplant issue it plays like a dream. I had a AFM LE and do not remember the playfield looking as good as my MB. The clearcoat is amazing.

#7726 3 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

Just had my best game to date on my MBr. Over 1.7 billion. My son captured the last part of it on video.
By the end there was noticeable flipper fade, which I guess is reasonable as the game took close to an hour I think.
I had 4 Monster Bashes (I think) and 3 Monsters of Rock (but still didn't make it to Lyman's Lament - think I was in the low 30s for that).
I'm exhausted...

insane man

#7749 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Anyone know if you can plug the le topper into the se and have it work the same as in the le? I’m thinking it won’t work.

I just called CGC about this, they answered yes. He said I could acutally put it on a CE as long as I had the color chip. I thought about buying that one on the market place but do not feel like dropping a grand on it.

1 week later
#7783 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

So are there any more Monster Bash SEs being sold new anywhere, or are they all gone? I mean for sensible prices, not these bat shit insane ones.

I know there are a few SE's left NIB, but the distributors I talked to are asking higher than retail pricing which is bull shit. I bought one of the last CE in the country a few weeks ago.

#7793 3 years ago
Quoted from BangbackBetty:

Whatever price you are willing to pay!
I have been looking into getting a MBr SE for about 4 months ($7299 at the time) but didn't pull the trigger because wanted to get more play time on one just to be sure ok. Fast forward to a week ago and got out and played one on location, great game, plenty to shoot for....., ok this will fit in my lineup. So the search began and found that most distributors were sold out, the ones that had some in stock the price had gone up significantly! I was like what is going on here is this price gouging or what. After about 5 days searching, calling, emailing, finally found one NIB for a price I could live with. If you are diligent should be able to find one, they are still out there just comes down to what you are willing to pay.

Yes, the price gouging by some distributors is BS. I ended up getting a CE for $6k shipped. Great bang for buck and we have been playing it non-stop.

#7796 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Then let me clarify. I'm looking for a retailer that may still sell it for suggested retail and not gouging the hell out of me.

I had one ass hat quote me a higher price than what was on his website for a CE.

#7817 3 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

Except that a NIB machine at a "retailer" is worth even more that one from a guy in a garage.
If you had a choice to by a NIB machine from a retailer or "some guy" (at the same price), which would you choose? I would certainly choose the retailer.
But you seem to think that the retailer should charge less somehow, this is what I don't understand.
No one feels bad for the retailer when he needs to give a discount to move a less-desired (or over-stocked) machine, so why should you be pissed when he up charges for a desirable machine that is (now) hard-to-find. It's how he stays in business.

If they CAN'T sell below retail (per CGC) then they should not be able to sell above retail. anyway, I would take second game at a discount over a NIB game any day of the week.

#7843 3 years ago
Quoted from BAMcDonald:

How can I turn up the General Illumination on my MB CE?
This past week I paid $400 for the ROM that turns my display into a COLOR display and installed it. It seemed overly expensive, but now I'm thinking "Wow what a difference". The animations are so much better in color. I'm not 100% certain but I think I'm also hearing some new call outs that I hadn't heard before.
The problem I need a little help with is that this new ROM seems to have made my MB much darker. Often the back part of the playfield is darn near pitch black until I hit one of the things that turns the lights up for a few seconds. Is there a setting I can adjust to make things a bit brighter? Forgive me if this is a stupid question. It's my first pinball game thus I'm a newbie.
Have other people installed the Spotlight Kits from Comet Pinball? Do I need to get the 6.3v or the 12v version? Seems like a couple of those two headed spots for $20 each might be a better way to go than dropping $350 on a Pinstadium Neo or $499 for a Pinstadium Neo Fusion.

I would stay away from pinstadium. Way overpriced light strips and then you would have to spend another $4-500.

2 weeks later
#7868 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

There is no way this will be covered. It is pinball.

it is laughable that they are even suggesting it be replaced. My MBr has a gorgeous playfield and smokes Stern and JJP quality.

#7872 3 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

My MBr has noticeable dimpling, but not nearly bad enough to affect ball travel. It's not a problem for me, but I do wish it was better.
Comparably, both my WH20 and EBD (both of which I have owned for a LONG time - and were originally routed for a while) have virtually no dimpling with many more plays. I just think the "old" machines had harder/better wood in them. "They just don't make 'em like they used to."
OTOH, my WH20 does have noticeable planking - but that's a different issue.

You have to also think those older bally/williams game have had 20,000 plus possible games played on them. The dimpling is just worn down at this point. Hard to compare a 30 year old playfield to a brand new with 400 plays. There are tons of threads on this.

#7873 3 years ago
Quoted from nerdygrrl:

I have owned close to thirty machines, of all eras. I have never seen a PF that looks like this with so few plays. My original MB was in far better shape than this one with 1300 plays. Same for my MM which was routed.
This is not normal by any means. I have never seen a PF that dinged so easily.

All my NIB sterns looked like the moon after a couple hundred plays.

#7876 3 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

And those threads are wrong. There is no way that somehow the dimples have magically distributed themselves to be perfectly smooth, no matter how many plays are on the machine.
Not only that, but both of my other machines I have owned since they were only a couple of years old. They didn't have dimples and then got smoother over time. They just never got dimples to begin with.

Not correct, I have seen older games with dimples. The first shadow I had was covered in dimples. I saw a NIB roadshow that got unboxed not long ago and it had dimples after a few plays. Is the dimpling worse now? possibly, but it has been around. I have talked to lots of the old school guys and they said dimples have been around for years.

My MBr has a couple hundred plays and still looks amazing with no dimpling.

#7883 3 years ago
Quoted from nerdygrrl:

LOLZ, are you legit serious? Have you ever planed wood or done any woodworking at all? This is such a ridiculous theory.

Well, we're not talking chipping, we're talking dimpling. Chipping can be repaired. Dimpling impacts game play.

I have never seen dimpling so bad it effected gameplay. Do a dimpling search on the forum and you will see every manufacturer pop up. Here is one guy with a spooky game "Yeah mine is getting some dimpling but 100% expected, all games will dimple they just even out after awhile. The big issue is playfield chips which I am so dang thankful that i dont have to worry about on this pin going by Stern/JJP threads." Also, go back in the forums like 5 years and search about dimpling. This has been hashed out by the entire industry for years. It is a damn steel ball bouncing around at high speeds. Stuff is going to get dinged and bumped. I can say this, I have owned a game from every manufacturer and CGC has the best playfields in current times.

#7898 3 years ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

...said everyone whose machine isn't dimpling as bad. I'd like to see a low play original MB and compare playfields, because I think it'd be equally dimpled.
"Frank angry, Frank make dimples!"

I just went back through a bunch of original MB for sale post and many of them had dimpling in front of Frank and Drac. Dimpling has been around folks. Steel ball flying around on wood table.

#7901 3 years ago

I think we have gotten off topic to some extent here. I think nerdygrrl is wanting CGC to replace the game or playfield or whatever which is never going to happen. We all know that manufactures have found ways to cut cost and save money. I have owned a game by all of them and they all dimple to some extent and NO manufacturer is replacing playfields for dimples. Not going to happen, ever. It is not just CGC, stern, spooky, JJP all dimple.

#7905 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Disagree completely. No issues here. Dimples yes, but not at all as bad as some others. You are going to be hard pressed to find any machine at this point that doesn't dimple if you think this is bad. Best bet is to just not buy new games in the last 10 years. Not being snarky...just the reality. Every manufacturer thread you go into is going to have these same conversations.

I was about to say this exact thing but got tired of it all

#7913 3 years ago
Quoted from nerdygrrl:

Awesome vid and I do appreciate your detailed repsonses! Some dimpling I get. 100 plus dimples is something else.
I've done 20+ full topside strip and cleans, a half a dozen PF's swaps. My MBr is on another level.

I see you have never owned a Stern or JJP. Makes sense on why you are just now complaining about dimpling. I would suggest to NEVER buy a Stern. They have the worst dimpling by far of any manufacturer.

#7916 3 years ago
Quoted from nerdygrrl:

You show me a PF with 100 plus dimples and then we can talk. You're the guy that legit proposed that you don't see dimples in 30+ year games because they level out and still refuse to acknowledge the difference in quality of wood between let's say System 11 and WPC era and today. So please forgive me if I take you with a grain of salt.
This is a dead horse at this point. Let's get back to the regularly scheduled program.

horse shit. Go back and read. I said ALL games including the 90's era games have dimples. I even went back and looked at OG MB for sale ads and pointed out tons of dimpling around drac and frank. I never said the quality of wood was worse or not, all I said was you are going to have dimpling no matter what because you have a damn steel ball flying around. Old game or new is going to have dimpling. My family builds houses and i can tell you a 2x4 from 1978 and a 2x4 from today are night and day. I also said manufacturers have had to find ways to save money. Does not matter 1980 wood or 2020 wood you are going to have dimples. My white water and shadow both had dimples. I guess reading comprension was not your strong point. You started all this crap with your dumb "i want a replacment vomit".

1 month later
#8022 2 years ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

Mine must be hard as hell..so happy! one of the very 1st , Feb 2019 del..going strong and didn't have to use vice grips either. (joke)..maybe lucky. I'll keep it.

Mine was early run as well and sat in the box for almost 2 years before I bought it. Playfield looks amazing.

#8024 2 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

Joined the club today with an LE. Fun game. Great flow. Music is a little annoying (except the Bash), but that’s just personal taste!
I had the scoop send the ball SDTM a few times, common?

you are building a insane collection quickly man. I have not had this issue, but you might can adjust the power to the scoop coil. Go into settings and I am pretty sure you bump up the power to it and it should fix your problem.

3 weeks later
#8043 2 years ago
Quoted from nerdygrrl:

You show me a PF with 100 plus dimples and then we can talk. You're the guy that legit proposed that you don't see dimples in 30+ year games because they level out and still refuse to acknowledge the difference in quality of wood between let's say System 11 and WPC era and today. So please forgive me if I take you with a grain of salt.
This is a dead horse at this point. Let's get back to the regularly scheduled program.

and here you go, proof that 80's and 90's playfields dimpled. They have just been played so many times that they sort of level themselves out. follow link at look at this HUO F14 that has dimples. it has just been played so few times over the years you can still see them. look at the 8th picture down.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-huo-f-14-tomcat

at the end of the day it is a steal ball hitting wood. does not matter if it was 1988 or 2021. bally/williams games also dimpled. end of discussion.

#8047 2 years ago
Quoted from nerdygrrl:

This again. This is seriously one of the dumbest things I have ever heard. They're not dimpling/flattening/leveling out from play. That's a fairytale. Go out in a dirt pile and dribble a basketball and see if you can level/flatten it. The impact creates a crater shape and always will. There will always be a deeper point to the crater.
And if you're playing it enough to "level out a dimple" from wear then you would be removing the paint layer as the dimples go below it.

but you said the older playfields did not dimple? I have physical proof now and you still act stupid. Look at F14's that have 40,000 plays and you will see no dimples. Look at this HUO example with probably less than 1000 plays with dimples. How do you think the F14 with 40,000 plays no longer shows dimples? It is not hard to understand.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Greeley, CO
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 12.95
$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider woody76.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-remake-mbr-owners-club?tu=woody76 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.