(Topic ID: 222461)

Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)

By MrSanRamon

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,330 posts
  • 732 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 24 hours ago by Dashmonster
  • Topic is favorited by 277 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)”

• I'm in on a CE 77 votes
    9%
  • I'm in on a SE 172 votes
    21%
  • I'm in on a LE 396 votes
    48%
  • I'm out for now 182 votes
    22%

(827 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wire switch 2 (resized).jpg
R orbit switch (resized).jpg
IMG_4951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4943 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0464 (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
IMG_3190 (resized).jpeg
Wolfman (resized).jpg
IMG_2467 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4014 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231111_165525077 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20231112-165133 (resized).png
20231110_123120 (resized).jpg
20231105_122730 (resized).jpg
94B393B7-CB09-4AFB-A166-CF0EC7F7F9A0 (resized).jpeg
3D150F78-A1C1-4B31-A9FA-00031163D7C1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #4230 Potential fix for SDTM from scoop. Posted by Reznnate (5 years ago)

Post #5928 Frankenstein switch adjustment tips Posted by MGM2 (4 years ago)

Post #6026 Links to STDM Tweaks Posted by Oaken (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider who-dey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1689 5 years ago

I just seen where someone was saying that the remakes have a pause or a delay in the flipper response, what is that all about? I have played 2 MMR and 1 MBR and all 3 games felt just fine to me??

#1732 5 years ago
Quoted from dts:

MBR is gonna be amazing.

It is definitely amazing and then some! I was lucky enough to get to play one at the Cincinnati Pinball show and gotta say that i was blown away by its beauty and gameplay both. I hope to own one someday!

#1759 5 years ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

Now a proud owner of a MBr Classic! Love it. Plays perfect with no adjustments needed! Set the level to mid way in the bubble bars, leveled side to side. Fun great game. Can’t wait for mirror blades to come out and the chip to make the display full color. I traded my Iron Man for this pin, (loved that fast game) but the smile on my wife’s was what I needed to see to solidify my choice.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats on your new MBR. Nice lineup of games you have there!

4 weeks later
#2805 5 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

Would that last Cliffy clip on the outhole/drain?

Pretty sure thats where it goes.

#2844 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

This is decal tearing.

Aren't the decals tearing though because the wood is seperating/splitting?

#2870 5 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Is MB considered a family pin? I have never played it (no locations nearby) but I do know it's very popular and looks like a lot of fun. Do kids enjoy playing MB in general? Looking to possibly add MB to my collection. Thanks!

MB is a great family pin

#2908 5 years ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

1st day I'm actually 2nd guessing myself...can't come up with any 1 reason...just a un-ez feeling as a whole today...combination of things? dun' know...weird.

Have you seen a MBR in person and played one? It is totally awesome in every way. No reason to 2nd guess yourself because this game is super sweet! Stunning would be a good word to describe it i suppose.

#2910 5 years ago

Yw and im not just saying it to make you feel better. I seen this game at the Cincinnati pinball show and it stole the show. Probably the best looking pinball machine ive ever seen and it plays fun as hell. This game is top notch shiny. You wont be disappointed I guarantee it.

#2912 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I saw one in person over the weekend and had a chance to play it. The thing is beautiful and plays great. I can't really say if it plays like the old ones as it's been years since I've played one.

It plays a hell of a lot better than the original. Thats right i said it!

#2946 5 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

All the CGC classics are represented here. MBR just arrived and all are loaded up with white super bands and color dmd

[quoted image]

Show off!

4 weeks later
#4008 5 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

I'm still struggling with the popups on my game. I've had multi-balls time out because it can't kick a new ball into the shooter lane (game gives up trying). I also have the SDTM issue with the scoop every 5-10 balls. I've swapped balls, tested elevations between 6-7.5 degrees, leveled and re-leveled, and set power to 'max'. These issues affect nearly every game played. It's as if the ball is resting in the trough properly and the striker is loose and hitting off-center. It's inconsistent but visibly noticeable.
Short of bending things, is anyone else having this issue and sorted it?

Just adjust the scoop or maybe even put a piece of foam inside the scoop like this to make it shoot out more to the right or left.

20180419_032548 (resized).jpg20180419_032548 (resized).jpg
#4010 5 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

Thanks, I'll try that

You're welcome. That is just a piece of ball dead drop foam that i stuck in there on my GB game because it was kicking out SDTM of my flippers and now it kicks the ball out to the right flipper like money every time. Theres probably some kind of foam similar to that at hardware stores i would assume. I got that at pinbits.com i believe a long time ago. Good luck.

#4038 5 years ago
Quoted from DANGERTERROR:

I don’t think foam will work for my location machines. It will get worn and tattered pretty fast. It’s great for home use, though.

Mine has been in my ghostbusters for a long time now. If it comes loose you can just put in another piece. It may not be the best solution to the problem but it does work well, at least on my GB it did.

#4040 5 years ago

That is beautiful delt31, congrats!

#4110 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Can anyone tell me, what does a fresh off the truck, NIB Monster Bash LE actually smell like? Of all the things I was expecting to happen before I turned 57, flipping balls on my new MBrLE in my front room was the one thing I was totally convinced would happen before my birthday today... well, it’s my party and I will cry if I want to, but right now, I would just be happy if a big cardboard box showed up, and inside was a simple black wooden box with piece of paper stapled to it with a drawing on it that looks like this:
[quoted image]

Happy Birthday Bubblehead! You will get your game soon brother and it will be worth the wait.

#4113 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Thanks @Who-dey. Yeah, every now and again you just got to vent to let the “waiting” poisons out or they start pickeling your brain with doubt and regret... then you start canceling orders between fits of rage and buyers remorse. I don’t regret buying a MBrLE... yet.

You arent going to regret it one bit because it's an amazing game. Possibly the most beautiful pinball machine ever made and definitely one of the funnest!

1 month later
#5324 4 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Some quick pics for who-dey....
300+ plays...
And now she has the cutest dimples... and lots of them in this area. Basically the dimple epicenter is here and they get less dense as to head towards the flippers. Ah the joys of HUO ownership. And you got to love knocking the new off a NIB machine. I will say, however, these look tame in depth compared to the ones on my Family Guy (around the fart targets) after 255 plays when I first brought it home from Expo in 2008. They never got much worse, so I figure these will flatten out pretty well after 10,000 plays.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Congratulations Bubblehead, that sure is a beautiful game buddy! Sucks that you had to wait so long but it looks like it was worth the wait.

#5329 4 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

After two weeks around the country on a truck, I got my machine this morning (#901). Box was pristine. Pretty excited to build it tonight after kids go to bed.
I got it partially unboxed and I noticed some blemishes on the cabinet corner. My intial reaction was "no big deal", but since this is my first machine I thought I would double check with the community. [quoted image]

I thought theynstopped the wrap around decals? It may not be a big deal to some but i wouldn't be happy i can tell you that. At the prices they are charging i want to be the one that puts any scratches on it if it gets scratched.

3 weeks later
#5492 4 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Frustrated and vexed to no end... It plays and feels like a solid machine, and the newly added features are tip top. Plenty of dimples, due mostly to airballs off the tomb treasue target, and The Monsters feet... yeah, most call him Frank, but that is really not his name, but the Doctor’s. The Bride ramps are tight shots, so is Creature, and the right orbit is tight... every shot but The monster, left obit, and the tomb treasure target is tight. Drac stops at 4 locations that are not easy to hit unless you trap the ball and shoot him specifically. The drains are on super suck, there is no default ball save unless you turn it on, the scoop will reject balls readily unlike an original, unprotected one where the chipping wood helped wear the lip till even the slightest graze if the scoop was enough to sink the shot. Now, direct scoop shots tend to clang off the back of the scoop and the metal edge protectors and send the ball on an initially strait back to the flipper path just to watch the rotating axis of spin take the ball on a quickly curved trajectory SDTM. Hard rebounds off the tomb treasure target do similar things as the ball is initially lofted off the target but takes a radical SDTM turn once it regains purchase with the table surface. This machine embodies the phrase “this ball is wild”.
All in all, great title, great new features, but the same old frustrating MB... you got to love it. Oh, and the thing is a freaking one machine personal light show... by itself in a dark room... pretty amazing.

So in other words what you are trying to say is that your wife has the GC score and its pissing you off right?

6 months later
#6374 4 years ago

MBRSE or JP Premium? Hmm.....

#6376 4 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

I have MBrLE and JP Prem - they each have their place. I got my MBr because for people who don’t play pinball MBr is a great bang around game - simple rules, fun shots. JP has a very complex ruleset and some very tight shots but super fun for pinballers - not the best beginner game.
Just my $0.02

But if you could only keep one which would it be?

#6383 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Get yourself to an arcade and play both! Decide then. MB is an all time classic for a reason. Rules set simple and easy to learn, game is hard to master.
You have plenty of time.to make your mind up.

Nobody or no arcade near me has a MBR is the problem. I will see one next week at the pinball show again though so that will help.

2 weeks later
#6465 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

There are not really any issues in the 2019 batches other than the normal MB design issues.

I'm considering getting an SE, what kind of playfield and design issues are you talking about? Should I be concerned? The reason I am considering a MBR over a JP2 is because I'm trying to stay away from Sterns quality issues.

#6467 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I'm referring to the SDTM from Dracs feet, the occasional SDTM from the scoop...nothing major, and can be worked around. I don't think anyones had any major issues with quality aside from the early split corner decals. I haven't heard about anyone having that issue for most of the year.
I am still extremely happy with mine.

I have followed the thread somewhat but never heard anything about corner decals? What exactly are you talking about there? Also how about the track that Dracula moves on, does that present any issues at all? That was something that I was concerned about when they first started making these.

#6469 4 years ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

My MBRLE playfield has a pretty strong wood grain covering the entire playfield. I’d suggest an inspection first if possible. Other than a few minor tweaks it’s very solid.
I have a JPLE which has a few minor issues also. JP is the newer pin to me so it’s coping a absolute pounding. MB just sits there looking pretty. Would be hard to choose between them.

I saw the pics of your playfield. Have you sent pics to CGC about that? That seems pretty unacceptable to me. Me MET has some woodgrain showing like that but that seems excessive on your game.

#6476 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

There was a period of time that the decal wraps on the front of the cab were being delivered a little split at the corners, but that was last winter. I'm not aware of any other instances.
No issues with the Dracula track that I've heard about...

Oh ok gotcha, I remember that. I really love MB but there's other games that I love also out there. It's going to be a tough choice when I finally do buy my next game. So many good games out there. It's a great problem to have.

1 month later
#6637 4 years ago
Quoted from Polidori:

After 6 months with my LE I'm ready to trade it for something else. Any thoughts (pro/con) on trading for Stranger Things, Elvira HOH, or Star Wars?

Jurassic Park or Elvira

6 months later
#7190 3 years ago

Is CGC making games at the moment? I noticed that AFM remakes are hard to find right now. Maybe Covid has the factory shut down? Seems to be plenty of MB left still.

#7193 3 years ago

MMrREs are getting out there so they must be making games. I think MM is better than MB. Just my opinion.

I would love to have all 3. MB is my favorite theme but I love playing AFM for some reason. All three games are fantastic though. I really want Elvira 3 but I'm afraid of getting a shitty playfield so I may pass and get a MB or a AFM.

#7198 3 years ago

Hopefully you have a chance to play them to decide which one you like best!

I've played them both and both are amazing but I think I may give the edge to AFM which makes it tough on me because I love the MB theme and it has mad toys. Will play them both again to decide. Both games are just gorgeous though.

#7199 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:The cgc remakes are insanely good.

You can say that again. Theres a noticable difference in quality between CGC and Stern.

1 week later
#7239 3 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

What are you going to do if they announce a Cactus Canyon remake this Fall?

I think I would rather have a MMR, AFMR, or a MBR over CC so that wont bother me any.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Greeley, CO
$ 12.95
12,125 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Paul, MN
£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider who-dey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-remake-mbr-owners-club?tu=who-dey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.