(Topic ID: 222461)

Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)

By MrSanRamon

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 6,215 posts
  • 483 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 20 hours ago by Lounge
  • Topic is favorited by 195 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)”

• I'm in on a CE 41 votes
    7%
  • I'm in on a SE 101 votes
    17%
  • I'm in on a LE 305 votes
    50%
  • I'm out for now 161 votes
    26%

(608 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,067 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20191008_163836 (resized).jpg
20191008_163235 (resized).jpg
20191008_163257 (resized).jpg
20191008_163241 (resized).jpg
Monster-Bash-5 (resized).jpg
Monster-Bash-17 (resized).jpg
Monster-Bash-18 (resized).jpg
Monster-Bash-19 (resized).jpg
Monster-Bash-2 (resized).jpg
Monster-Bash-3 (resized).jpg
Monster-Bash-1 (resized).jpg
IMG_7846-1200px (resized).JPG
20191007_094901 (resized).jpg
Step_2 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20190925-194712_Drive (resized).jpg
B2E14A53-4001-48B2-8893-261E3BCD6066 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #4230 Potential fix for SDTM from scoop. Posted by Reznnate (7 months ago)

Post #5928 Frankenstein switch adjustment tips Posted by MGM2 (62 days ago)

Post #6026 Links to STDM Tweaks Posted by Oaken (49 days ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tomtest.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#760 10 months ago

I sent you a PM that I would take it and pick up this Sunday, Tom

1 week later
#983 10 months ago

Are you sure there isn't a wire pinched under the speaker panel, giving less room to lift up on the translight.

#1070 10 months ago
Quoted from PicklePerfect:

Received my SE last Thursday. It's my first NIB machine. Looks absolutely gorgeous alongside my TZ.
A couple minor issues over the first weekend:
1, Drac's coffin sits a bit high and scrapes along the glass while I slide the glass out. Suggestions on how to remedy this?
2, Already getting an occasional "Check Switch 48 R. Flip Prox." on start-up tests. Phantom Flip on that side seems to work fine, though. Not thrilled about this since it's a completely new machine, but if someone out there wants to assuage my fears about the build quality, I'd love to hear it.

The coffin on my SE drags sometimes on the glass also, just gave it a nudge downward and hasn't done it since. I installed Invisiglass after comparing regular factory glass and the Invisiglass made a big difference in conjunction with lowering the backbox light intensity, very little glare now whereas it was obnoxious before.

#1149 10 months ago
Quoted from Plunger069:

My protector has a small dent on the side but seems to be snug to the playfield and working good so far. 174 games on it.

I have a couple hundred games on my SE and the protector is beat to hell.

1 week later
#1555 9 months ago

After less than 100 games on my SE the Mosh Pit protector has many dents, I have a ticket at CG but no solution yet so I ordered a hyperthin Cliffy(he has the real wide cliffy and the hyperthin), I went to install it and low and behold the CG protector is spot welded to the Mantis type protector inside the hole, it's all one piece, so to install the Cliffy you would have to buy a Mantis also. You can see from the pictures that even thou the CG protector was beat to hell, the playfield underneath is not damaged so it's doing it's job but all the dents look like hell

IMG_0875 (resized).jpgIMG_0876 (resized).jpgIMG_0877 (resized).jpgIMG_0878 (resized).jpgIMG_0879 (resized).jpgIMG_0880 (resized).jpg
#1563 9 months ago

Unless CG comes up with a replacement the only option is the Cliffy with the Mantis, I did not have a Mantis so could not use the Cliffy by itself unless the inner hole is left unprotected so I had to reinstall the CG unit, the protective coating is not on my factory one, although it may appear so. The Cliffy Hyperthin is about the same width as the CG one, the regular Cliffy is about twice as wide as the CG one, way too wide. The thickness of the CG one is about the same as the Cliffy so I don't know why the CG gets so dented, may Cliffy would also?? I'm going to order the Mantis to use with the Cliffy. Since there was no damage to the playfield under the CG one it's only cosmetic but sure doesn't look pretty.

#1564 9 months ago
Quoted from brucipher:

I don't get the big deal about the protector getting banged up and dented. Isn't that kind of the purpose (to protect the playfield)? Is there a chance the playfield underneath will get damaged? If not, then what's the problem?

What you say is true but I use Cliffy's on all my machines and have never seen this on any of them, it's just one of those things that bug you, just knowing it's there, it's like having a bulb out that doesn't really matter, but you know it's out and if Cliffy can do it right why can't CG?

#1578 9 months ago
Quoted from T7:

That doesn't look that bad - mainly just dirty. Try cleaning it off with Novus #2 and make sure the protective film is removed.

Actually when I had it out I tried flattening the dents and then used 000 steel wool on it, the dents are near impossible to flatten

#1579 9 months ago

Here are Cliffy's options, the hyperthin one was designed on request of some original MB owners asking for a narrower one, the wider one is 3/8" and the hyperthin is 1/4", I'm not crazy about the wider one.

IMG_0881 (resized).jpg
#1584 9 months ago
Quoted from Plunger069:

Looks like they must have sold out and pulled the spot for it.
Monster Bash Cliffy Mosh Pit Hole Protector
mb_cliffy_protector
$32.95

I just bought both of these directly from Cliff the end of last week. crinear@comcast.net

#1585 9 months ago

Here is the picture of Cliffy's "hyperthin" one installed, of course you will be adding the Mantis protector also.

IMG_0874 (resized).jpg
#1597 9 months ago
Quoted from Ledman62:

My fix for straight down the middle from middle kickout popper. Max out coil strength and bend the metal like my pic. 100% now.
[quoted image]

What's strange is I have a couple hundred games on my SE and it has never done a SDTM, it has factory settings. You have a good correction there, I just don't understand the difference in machines.

#1604 9 months ago
Quoted from hawknole:

It looks to me like Cliff calls ALL his protectors “hyperthin” and the narrower MB one he calls “black line”.
http://www.passionforpinball.com/mbscoop.htm

That is true.

#1608 9 months ago

I just came up from playing a few games and I'll tell you what, that Mummy is one hell of a bass player.

#1615 9 months ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

The mummy rocks!! Best character in the game !!!

Fur sure.

1 week later
#1915 9 months ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I just upgraded mine and its night and day louder. Since I had mine turned all the way up before, after the update and I rebooted, the sound was so loud it nearly scared me out of my skin. Which is cool, because it kept my settings. I now have it turned down to 17 and its in line with my AFMR. I can even hear the switch creak when Dr. Frankenstein turns it. Didn't notice that before.

You said it didn't lose your settings but did it lose all your scores?

1 week later
#2176 9 months ago

A follow up on the Mosh Pit protector issue, I have one of Cliffy's Blackline and one of his normal width playfield protectors, I removed the CG one-piece unit and put in Cliffy's Blackline(the stainless is not as wide and does have a nicer appearance), but you could see maybe 1/32" of playfield wood which I did not like, so I put in the regular width, but with the beating the Mosh Pit takes maybe that's a good thing. Once you remove the assembly underneath then install the Mantis protector, it has a tab with 4 holes that need drilled to mount under the playfield, you have to remove all the screws holding the white PC board, shift it as far left as possible(no connectors were removed by me) and then you can drill 2 holes which I feel is enough--you can't drill the far left 2 holes unless you disconnect a bunch of the connectors.

IMG_4355 (resized).JPGIMG_4356 (resized).JPGIMG_4357 (resized).JPGIMG_4358 (resized).JPGIMG_4359 (resized).JPGIMG_4360 (resized).JPGIMG_4361 (resized).JPG
#2188 9 months ago
Quoted from hawknole:

I can confirm that the Bally/Williams blades are NOT compatible. The hole is not big enough and only one notch is needed in the back. I am looking for mirror blades for my SE if any knows where to source please advise.

I bought the mirror blades from Cointaker for Williams machines and installed in my SE, fit perfectly.

#2206 9 months ago
Quoted from cheshirefilms:

Did you send Cliff a pic of what the edgeline looked like on the remake?
In theory, it should line up to the edge same as the original game. I reached out to him to have a look at this thread, too, while he's at it.
I definitely don't want to install the fat protector on a new playfield, that's why I bought into the mantis cliffy edgeline sandwich concept- to protect it properly from the beginning so I wouldn't have to progress to a fat protector for repaired scoop damage.

I sent Cliff a picture a couple weeks ago with the Blackline on but I didn't have the Mantis at that time so I put the factory unit back on until the Mantis came. I haven't sent him picts of the normal width one yet. Actually I don't mind the fat protector, I've put maybe a half dozen games on it and not one dent yet.

#2299 9 months ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

I'm really contemplating some PDI glass for this machine... its so colorful and I've can lights in my ceiling. I think it would really drastically improve the visibility. The issue is not brightness... its just hyper reflective in my environment.

I put it in mine and it made a huge difference with the reflection, I think it's a must have, I lowered the translite intensity also.

#2509 9 months ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

Man... the Bride of Frankenstein is a bitch... gets all wound up about her potential suitor... then whacks him on the head with a cast-iron pan!
The Wolfman is kind of a pussy (before he transforms).
Drac has a great sense of humor
Creatch makes me want to buy a CFTBL pin.
Mummy is great comic relief.
Frankenstein is fun as hell to bash... I love that shot, very gratifying.

You get some horrendous air balls hitting Frankies shoe, the shot doesn't register when hitting only one shoe and God knows where the ball ends up.

#2510 9 months ago

The coffin lid on the Mummy started trying to open but only maybe 10% of it's initial travel then would slam shut, checked it out and you could feel rubbing somewhere when trying to manually open the lid but nothing visible, put a tiny drop of oil on each area of metal-to-metal contact, completly corrected it.

1 week later
#2796 8 months ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

Yep...I get sick and tired of the "deep" crowd...It's a fun game..period.

1 month later
#4201 7 months ago
Quoted from ChiroCop:

I was looking at the bottom of my LE cabinet...which is sitting next to my Aerosmith LE. Stern used particle board on the Aerosmith. MBr LE uses high quality plywood. This thing is solid.

Unbelievable, particle board, ya better have the dehumidifier running all summer, that stuff disintegrates with moisture, absolutely no excuse if that's the case, save what, $10/machine.

1 week later
#4304 7 months ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

I'm out of the club... sold my SE today. It was fun while it lasted. For whatever reason... it lost its steam for me.

LOSER

#4355 7 months ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

Anybody else experiencing quick tilts? I barely get a warning and I am tilted

That's the way it should be, "you shake it you break it", real men don't shake it!!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 21.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tomtest.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside