(Topic ID: 222461)

Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)

By MrSanRamon

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,332 posts
  • 732 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 45 hours ago by KingMixer
  • Topic is favorited by 277 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)”

• I'm in on a CE 77 votes
    9%
  • I'm in on a SE 172 votes
    21%
  • I'm in on a LE 396 votes
    48%
  • I'm out for now 182 votes
    22%

(827 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wire switch 2 (resized).jpg
R orbit switch (resized).jpg
IMG_4951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4943 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0464 (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
IMG_3190 (resized).jpeg
Wolfman (resized).jpg
IMG_2467 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4014 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231111_165525077 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20231112-165133 (resized).png
20231110_123120 (resized).jpg
20231105_122730 (resized).jpg
94B393B7-CB09-4AFB-A166-CF0EC7F7F9A0 (resized).jpeg
3D150F78-A1C1-4B31-A9FA-00031163D7C1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #4230 Potential fix for SDTM from scoop. Posted by Reznnate (5 years ago)

Post #5928 Frankenstein switch adjustment tips Posted by MGM2 (4 years ago)

Post #6026 Links to STDM Tweaks Posted by Oaken (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider soltic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#620 5 years ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

Virtue signal much??? What the hell is the point of this post.. I know people that do that kind of work who live responsibly and probably have more money saved than I do..

Lol, yup, owning 4 machines will take away a lot - I can safely say not too many line-workers @ Stern own 4 machines, everyone does have priorities.

Enjoy the Thanksgiving down there guys.

#683 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

I saw photo before you deleted it. Not good at all! Ribbing all over the place.

Interesting.

I wonder if this could be what I used to consider the "roller" applied finish look Sterns used to have when they were having Chicago Gaming / Churchill do their playfields, bummer if so.

On the other hand who knows - I have also received pf's from Mirco and CPR in the dead of winter (no humidity) and they looked wrinkly - only to flatten right out once the pf's moisture content in the pf returned to normal w/ the exposure to regular humidity levels.

Fingers crossed.

#685 5 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

are you talking about the pic on CGC facebook page? If so, it's still there. What ribbing are you talking about

If that's the pic I think it's ok - not perfect as a HEP cc job but not as bad as someother wavy pf finishes from a repro manufacturer who will remain nameless.

#716 5 years ago

Hmmm, it appears Elvira and Wonder Woman are missing in the translite - was this noticed already on repro translites?

1 week later
#900 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

For those interested, we have a monster bash remake rgb undercab light mod tested and ready to go. It is similar to our afmr undercab lights. The undercab lights tie into the speaker lights and move in sync with them. For now, these work with the le and se only.
We will have both speaker lights and undercab lights for the CE, but I am waiting to get my CE so I can test them. Other mods also in the works, but I need my game first
https://lermods.com/t/monster-bash-remake-pinball-mods

What about a plasma disk similar to the LE's?

#918 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

During Fankie multiball if I am remembering correctly...
Wait you are asking what flasher or lamp array triggers it, That I don’t know... looking at a video of MBrLE on youtube looks like it tiggers with the purple arc tower flashers, but not exclusively... not sure if they are sniffing the lamp and flasher matrix or if they are watching a memory location in code. I think you might need to trace this one out. Just noticed too that the color on the disk changes as well, so there is either an RGB GI lamp wired into the disk unit as well as a trigger to turn on the plasma fx... more than meets the eye when you watch this video...

If I am not mistaken the plasma disk is only whitish blue and tied to ramp connection, that the perceived color changing is only RGB GI reflecting heavily in that corner.

#939 5 years ago

FYI for Canuck customers - just received our MBSE thru Starburst / P1.

Out of the box and warming up, looks very very nice - will get it on legs and played tonight.

#942 5 years ago
Quoted from Soltic:

FYI for Canuck customers - just received our MBSE thru Starburst / P1.
Out of the box and warming up, looks very very nice - will get it on legs and played tonight.

PF is very smooth and clear, mylar on drac track, frankie, and drops nice to see, so far only things I can see to do is wax pf and balls, add static cling mylar to shooter lane (until Cliffy responds) and pop area.

#1034 5 years ago

After a weekend of play here’s a Honeymoon Report.

Prior to play:
- Pf and balls waxed.
- Static mylar in shooter lane until I get some real protection, thought previously would need in pops but mylar there already as well as drops and drac-track. Nice.

Minor issues corrected:
- GI clear cap fell off, ca’d back on.
- lock nut under red star post on frankie ramp fell off - all lock nuts in that assembly w the flasher were not tightened.
- Bride’s head kept sticking up - solenoid shaft was binding in body as well as at half-moon shaped bracket (if the shaft was twisted to either side a bit). Re-aligned and shimmed body, small amount of graphite at half moon bracket.
- Most important correction - could not level pf side-to-side properly at both bottom and top - obvious twist. Lock down assembly (which hangers rest on) was crooked. Easiest way to check this is to open coin door and feel alignment of assembly bottom in relation to coin door top. Mine was high left side 3/16”. Screws removed, bolts loosened, assembly realigned & everything tightened back up. Most people check side-to-side level at only one spot on pf. While shot aim and return trajectories is something a player can get used to between machines, some games need perfect level / no twisting - for FG / Shrek perfect level (and flipper alignment) is necessary so that the orbits can be hit by simply energizing flipper when ball is at rest against up-post and flipper. PL designed it that way.

Tweaks:
- Lighting. After redoing my TronLE again to allow ramps not to be overpowered by LED’s I defitnitely notice variations and personally find LED’s usually too intense. MBRSE out of the box is way overpowering for me in areas - adjusted light levels down and went custom GI color to go a little more yellow - but Creeches LED’s were still overpowering (IMO because they are aimed right at u) so stuck some green bulb condoms on and got what I think is perfect balance there - going after Frankie drop bank next as I find these searing as well - will probably diffuse those on the light board w simply some semi opaque tape.
- Frankie spot realigned to my pref.
- Played w subwoof setting.
- @ end of weekend pf cleaned and waxed again, rubbers cleaned, factory balls were chopped pretty good by breaking in metal edges and such on pf and scoop and therefore dumped and replaced w silver jets - which will be monitored.

Final thoughts after the weekend:
- So so nice to have a NIB MBR, really, I would have been fine if they only released the CE but the SE’s GI color integration (along w speaker lights) is fantastic, the redraw on the dots incredible.
- cc on pf is amazing.
- Biggest concern is longevity of scoop protector. I believe the reports from expo were that they seemed to be weak and after only a weekend of play I would agree. Ours is noticeably dented right in middle at front and near back on side and is starting to deform. It looks like a combo mantis and cliffy fused together but I don’t know if it’s the right gauge of materials. Always used Cliffy’s w no problems. I thought cgc said they were correcting it after it was noticed and reported at expo...?

Overall minor “4:20” production issues - which are easily overlooked by a NIB experience of a classic updated w/ the SE’s revisions, will start research into the scoop protector and if there may be a revision.

#1036 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

You have the corrected scoop protector. I had to use a cliffy and mantis on my original bc the cliffy by itself got very damaged but both worked very well.

Bummer, will still notify cgc.

Great minds think alike, I have done the same in the past w the mantis and cliffy sandwiched and found the combo bullet-proof.

Not too sure I understand the cgc design with its little rubber “wheels” under the pf on the right side.

#1105 5 years ago
Quoted from Doug_Duba:

We were aware of the issue with the hole protector before Pinball Expo and were already working on a solution to make it stronger. Fortunately, the issue has been resolved. We spot welded in an additional .036” stainless steel liner to the existing part.
The part is secured without tape. As the screws are tightened, the rubber grommets expand to clamp the part into place. The modified parts have been tested and have shown no signs of distortion.[quoted image]

Doug I have opened a ticket as our protector is getting hammered and starting to deform.

Would you be able to respond for advice?

Shoulde we be tightening the screws so as to try to make the protector fit tighter to the pf and cause less distortion?

ad1b7b7f2bb0620f36c87ed15c2bf447c1cb0f13 (resized).jpgad1b7b7f2bb0620f36c87ed15c2bf447c1cb0f13 (resized).jpg
#1110 5 years ago
Quoted from tktlwyr:

I agree. I need to play this with lights on to be able to adequately follow the ball. Pinstadium ordered last Sunday.

Not sure if this applies to CE's but on on our SE I was able to turn the lights down to alleviate the super bright LED's from creating high contrast shadows, also there is an "LE" adjustment in the CGC menu which will allow you to further reduce lighting on specific lamps like Frankie spot and Wolf moon.

This reduction allowed ambient lighting to more evenly flood the entire pf - I like dim lights when playing - this got the lighting under control so as to fit in w/ the rest of the collection and be playable under our lighting conditions.

Only way I got the Creech lights under control was to use green bulb condoms - the adjustment in the LE adjustment for creech only adjusts the color of the lighting under the pf on the figure.

#1111 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I'm curious as to where its getting all banged up? Is your game on location? If so how many game plays? Pics?

On location?

LOL no, protector is getting messed up only after a weekend of play at home.

Pics if I have time or CGC requests.

Others should be noticing by now too, these are not like Cliffy's.

#1113 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Thanks....I live close to Cliff so it sounds like I need to pay him a visit.....My bet is their remedy will be to send u another protector?

No idea what CGC will recommend, if you see Cliffy please ask him to respond to my email (Rod) - I know he is very busy...

#1128 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

When you start looking for cracks in the veneer, you are going to drive yourself insane. Just suck up the dents and dings and dimples and mangled hole protectors, which are only there because bare chipped up wood has no place in a pinball machine.

LOL, yes u can indeed drive urself crazy, especially when u get a chipping pf or such....

Me I like to find a balance in preservation to protect the investment, those who have bought from me seem to appreciate it and when u invest in HEP machines it’s important to me to preserve the artistry in the resto on top of the game itself.

Here we go, too lazy to remove the glass.

This is a cliffy prototype tron and mantis sandwich since I first got the game NIB - minor denting left side after how many years and one of the most played games here.
BA9B58BE-87BB-4A33-BFEF-D1501BEDEBC5 (resized).jpegBA9B58BE-87BB-4A33-BFEF-D1501BEDEBC5 (resized).jpeg

#1129 5 years ago

Here is a cliffy mantis sandwich on a hep afm. This one has been here for a minimum of 10 years now and still perfect.

45DBF58C-E727-453E-8C30-E3C290838A03 (resized).jpeg45DBF58C-E727-453E-8C30-E3C290838A03 (resized).jpeg
#1130 5 years ago

Here is a cliffy / mantis sandwich on a hep fh, again over 10 years.

73323890-375F-4BCE-A089-95A83AF3F146 (resized).jpeg73323890-375F-4BCE-A089-95A83AF3F146 (resized).jpeg
#1131 5 years ago

Here is the mbrse after a weekend - approx 5-6 hrs.

Dimpling middle front and pushed towards playfield and possibly cuttin pf already - will know more when removed, both sides lightly lifting.

Hard to get good pics, very noticeable w bare eye.

8CB49983-3733-418E-87F7-5DA83DD101C4 (resized).jpeg8CB49983-3733-418E-87F7-5DA83DD101C4 (resized).jpeg
#1132 5 years ago

Side is dented near back at scoop - really hard for good pic.

Black around scoop in at front and near back on side is not blackline artwork but shadow where the protector is lifting / deforming.

163510E0-11BD-49FB-96EE-83124CAAC120 (resized).jpeg163510E0-11BD-49FB-96EE-83124CAAC120 (resized).jpeg

Best way to show damage will be to remove protector and shoot it in same position of factory pic above in thread.

Safe to say that the mantis / cliffy style cgc piece on ours is not faring that great compared to true cliffy / mantis protection.

Again, I wonder if tightening the screws on the rubber feet can add more compression and keep the protector more flat...

If that is the case, will probably have to remove to flatten the edges before tring to get it to sit flat again.

#1147 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Thanks for sharing the pics...be interesting to see how CGC responds.

Doug is on it, right now we surmise I may be localised w the issue due to the lack of others responding noting similarities and that cgc has tested this well - protector may have shipped a little high and therefore being hit hard and deforming without support of pf directly underneath.

So check yours when you receive and adjust prior to play - expect cgc is filtering any reported issues into current qc on the line.

Will update as we proceed but I do believe Doug’s info that testing was completed properly. That and lack of response from other owners claiming same issue most likely makes this an irregularity.

1 month later
#2401 5 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

I’m gonna ask a silly question...
Is your machine level left to right? You can get that “perfect pitch” bubble aligned properly and still be off left to right.

Quoted from Ricochet:

I’m gonna ask a silly question...
Is your machine level left to right? You can get that “perfect pitch” bubble aligned properly and still be off left to right.

Doesn't appear anybody responded.

Hard to sort through all the drivel so you may have missed what I found was playfield twist taht wouldn't allow me to get L-R level at both top and bottom:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-remake-mbr-owners-club/page/21#post-4727173

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Greeley, CO
$ 12.95
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

12,125 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Paul, MN
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider soltic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-remake-mbr-owners-club?tu=soltic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.