(Topic ID: 222461)

Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)

By MrSanRamon

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,324 posts
  • 731 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by KidDynamite
  • Topic is favorited by 277 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)”

• I'm in on a CE 77 votes
    9%
  • I'm in on a SE 172 votes
    21%
  • I'm in on a LE 396 votes
    48%
  • I'm out for now 182 votes
    22%

(827 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wire switch 2 (resized).jpg
R orbit switch (resized).jpg
IMG_4951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4943 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0464 (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
IMG_3190 (resized).jpeg
Wolfman (resized).jpg
IMG_2467 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4014 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231111_165525077 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20231112-165133 (resized).png
20231110_123120 (resized).jpg
20231105_122730 (resized).jpg
94B393B7-CB09-4AFB-A166-CF0EC7F7F9A0 (resized).jpeg
3D150F78-A1C1-4B31-A9FA-00031163D7C1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #4230 Potential fix for SDTM from scoop. Posted by Reznnate (5 years ago)

Post #5928 Frankenstein switch adjustment tips Posted by MGM2 (4 years ago)

Post #6026 Links to STDM Tweaks Posted by Oaken (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sleepy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6711 4 years ago
Quoted from WombatPinball:

Hey guys! Having some problems with my scoop shooting down the middle? Considering adding some foam on the right side of the scoop to help it kick the ball to my left flipper consistently. Has anybody modified their scoops in such a manner? If so, any recommendations on what foam to use and placement? Thanks guys!!

I did some of the suggestions from this thread and it still went down the middle sometimes. Someone later suggested simply adding a spring washer to the coil to reduce the slop. This worked perfectly and I haven't had a ball go down the middle from the kickout in months.

1 month later
#6810 4 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

4 ) Dracula's "Bruno Malis" are annoying. Not only do they often cause drains coming down the right side Wolfman lane, but they also tend to block shots going up that lane. I assume that there is no adjustment to make Dracula sit further back into his coffin? I know that some people have clipped his feet - is that the standard fix?

I tried everything I could think of to fix this problem including trying to bend the guard rail, loosening all nuts everywhere in the Drac assembly and trying to re-align, closing the gap on the switch on the back of Drac, trying to bend other stuff, and probably a few other items I can't think of right now.

I think the best out of those was bending and tightening the gap on Drac so he stood in a more upright position, but it still caused occasional drains.

The final solution that has worked great with no drains ever since I did it was altering his shoes.

I took him off and used my grinder to shave the front of his feet off. Then I just took a black sharpie and coloured the white exposed plastic. You can't even tell it was done. I have had plenty of people play the game without noticing. It also has no impact on the game play during the Dracula mode.

Doing this and adding a spring washer to the eject coil to prevent drains down the middle out of the scoop has made all the difference. The game plays amazing now, especially with the orbit shots during the Werewolf mode.

2 months later
#7050 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Is the conclusion for the scoop shooting randomly and going STDM to put a piece of seal/foam in there then? Is that what works the best?
Thanks

Just add a spring washer before the coil stop to tighten the mech. I haven't had one down the middle in five months.

1 month later
#7223 3 years ago
Quoted from DazedandConfused:

I recently picked up a MBr LE. Having a blast with it, but have a few kinks to work out. My son and I have noticed that the sinkhole ejects the ball straight down the drain about 30-40% of the time, a real bummer. Is this by intention? I would rather have 100% of the balls come out somewhere playable. Can anyone suggest a fix? I am wondering if I did not get the legs of the table even when I assembled it, so it may be draining to the right of how it was programmed.
Thanks to all of you who have written great posts on MB.

Just add a spring washer to the coil to tighten it up. It worked for me 100% of the time.

5 months later
#7715 3 years ago
Quoted from Flipper_Ripper:

Anyone else have SDTM off of Dracula’s feet from the right orbit. I lift the machine on the right side a few turns more to see if it helps and still getting SDTM shots from that area. It’s frustrating as when you plunge it comes that way 90% of the time and goes SDTM about 70%. Makes the game very unplayable. I ended up taking the bob out and having to heavily tilt the machine but I don’t want to beat my machine constantly. There must be an easier fix. I took a look at Dracula and don’t know if there is any adjustments I can do to him. Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks!!

I used my bench grinder to grind a fraction of an inch off of his toes. I've never had one go down the middle since as they all come smoothly to the right flipper now.

1 month later
#7934 3 years ago

I think this is what I used as well. I haven't had one straight down the middle in over a year.

1 week later
#7979 3 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

agreed. i don't think you can completely eliminate SDTM drains on the right-hand side. it is what it is, as they say.

I have not had any SDTM from the right side in the past year since I shaved off Drac's toes. Everything goes to the right flipper unless it is moving slowly, which would then hit the right slingshot.

7 months later
#8307 2 years ago
Quoted from The_Swearwolf:

I'm having the scoop SDTM issue and bought a washer like many have recommended, but I can't figure out the proper way to install it. Can anyone who has done this assist?

I believe I put mine between the coil and the coil bracket in the picture. I assume it could go on either side of the coil. The purpose is to have the coil secured tight with no slop or movement when in position. Ensure the bracket is pushed up tight when tightening the bracket screws. The spring washer ensures a tighter fit.

image3 (resized).jpegimage3 (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#8392 2 years ago
Quoted from bigballa81:

Played a few games and I’m still getting the SDTM issue maybe one out of 4 times, maybe I need a thicker washer. I have seen someone post about using a spring washer. Would this perhaps provide a better result?

If your coil is loose a spring washer will help tighten it up and help prevent balls going straight down the middle. I believe I put mine next to the coil stop to tighten everything up. This solved the problem for me. Also make sure you squeeze everything together when tightening the coil stop to further reduce movement in the coil.

LTG's washer fix helps direct the ball more towards the left flipper I believe, but that may not be your issue.

#8394 2 years ago
Quoted from bigballa81:

I know this might be a bit much to ask, but you think you could take a picture of the spring washer you put next to the coil stop on your machine? I’m not quite sure what to do and a pic might help.

Here is a picture. I actually have it on the opposite end of the coil stop, between the coil bracket and the coil. You can just see a piece of the spring washer sticking out at the top. I hope this helps.

MB Spring Washer (resized).jpgMB Spring Washer (resized).jpg
6 months later
#8613 1 year ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

Yes, that's the problem I have. The kickout is not consistent, so no matter how I try to adjust it, it still goes SDTM about 10% of the time. All the tricks with washers, foam, rings, etc., just change which 10% goes bad.

Did you adjust the scoop in the settings menu to allow the ball more time to settle before ejecting?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sleepy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-remake-mbr-owners-club?tu=sleepy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.