(Topic ID: 222461)

Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)

By MrSanRamon

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,332 posts
  • 732 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 41 hours ago by KingMixer
  • Topic is favorited by 277 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)”

• I'm in on a CE 77 votes
    9%
  • I'm in on a SE 172 votes
    21%
  • I'm in on a LE 396 votes
    48%
  • I'm out for now 182 votes
    22%

(827 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wire switch 2 (resized).jpg
R orbit switch (resized).jpg
IMG_4951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4943 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0464 (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
IMG_3190 (resized).jpeg
Wolfman (resized).jpg
IMG_2467 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4014 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231111_165525077 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20231112-165133 (resized).png
20231110_123120 (resized).jpg
20231105_122730 (resized).jpg
94B393B7-CB09-4AFB-A166-CF0EC7F7F9A0 (resized).jpeg
3D150F78-A1C1-4B31-A9FA-00031163D7C1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #4230 Potential fix for SDTM from scoop. Posted by Reznnate (5 years ago)

Post #5928 Frankenstein switch adjustment tips Posted by MGM2 (4 years ago)

Post #6026 Links to STDM Tweaks Posted by Oaken (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pintechev.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#532 5 years ago

Looks great. What a great time for pinball.

1 week later
#720 5 years ago

They hold one of the large mechanisms under the playfield. Same as the original - they are pop-bumper type screws.

3 weeks later
#1476 5 years ago

Unboxed an LE with a friend today. Absolutely beautiful!

#1508 5 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I've looked there a few times. Nothing for audio.

I have to believe its an issue in the software, since my AFMLE has outstanding audio. Like I said, I think CGC can open this up with a simple software fix. Since the audio is IMO useless with anything that's turned up below the halfway point, change the volume adjustment level so that the new low is the current halfway point. Let us crank it up!! This is one one major disappointment in the game so far. I played it last night for a while then moved over to my IMDN and it just blew MBR away in audio. For 8k the audio should e better.

I am finding it loud and clear. Even on 8 or 9, it’s pretty loud in my home. How high up are you running it?

#1514 5 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

In fairness, I upgraded my speakers and sub with FF 10" kit. Still, for 8k, I expected better sound output from MBRLE, especially considering how much better AFMRLE is by comparison.

That's what I want to know. If no one else or few others have this issue, it could be that something is wrong with mine. I may need to open a ticket up.
I have it turned up all the way to 31, the max. On mine at 8 or 9, it would be basically muted.

Open a ticket. Something is wrong for sure.

#1605 5 years ago

MBr is a wonderful game. What a great time to be in the hobby. Just tons of fun.

#1607 5 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

I’m having a hard time finding this adjustment... where is this supposed “CGC MENU”

Hold down escape for a few seconds to activate it.

#1708 5 years ago

No flipper delay. That was debunked with science by CGC in a thread earlier this year.

Edit: here’s the thread

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-remakes-dont-play-like-originals

#1714 5 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

Anyone have the ball not get recognized in the creature hole? This has happened to me several times now... I'm 99.99% sure its a physical tweak that needs to be done to the switch actuator or switch position.

It’s probably a simple physical tweak. With the power off, bend the actuator arm up so it contacts the ball a little earlier.

#1775 5 years ago

I have turned the shaker off in both MM and AFM - for some reason I just don’t enjoy it on the remakes. Since my MB isn’t an LE, I won’t be adding a shaker.

Otherwise the game is just awesome.

#1826 5 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Mine never gets stuck and I have my pitch set to 7.2.
I do get some frustrating SDTM drains coming out of the right orbit. Not a lot, but enough to piss me off, as there's no way I can save the ball. Anyone else seeing this? Sort of reminds me of TWDs right side orbit, but a little less severe.

Is it hitting Dracula’s feet and bouncing to the middle? How’s the ball draining from the right orbit?

#1828 5 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I don't think so. It's just smooth sailing down. I'd say it happens every 2 out of 10 times.

Interesting. My issue is that sometime the ball hits Dracula’s feet. Luckily, it doesn’t drain, but it’s not how it’s supoosed to be. Haven’t figured out how to resolve it properly yet.

#1850 5 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

This has been happening to me as well. Right off of Dracs feet, straight down the middle.
Ideas?

I bent the right rail out just a snug and it’s much less frequent now. When it hits his feet, it’s often going to the left flipper, so, while it might not be exactly as Gomez designed, it’s not draining here.

Would be good to hear from original owners if this happened. I can’t see how it wouldn’t. A straight shot down should avoid Frank, but if it’s bouncing off the rail, there’s no way that I can to completely avoid it.

#1852 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

For what it's worth, my original MB also does this - I have gotten to be a master nudger when the ball circles the right side. it never seems to hug the ball guide the way it seems to be intended. But fear not! I just put up a 500M game today. Personal record baby!

Thank you so much for that - I am learning to nudge a lot on this game. What an amazing pinball machine.

#1859 5 years ago

Update installed. Much louder and clearer audio. It didn’t bother me before, but it’s certainly a nice change.

#1862 5 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Any idea what the color upgrade costs on the standard?

It’s 399, I believe.

#1863 5 years ago

Now that the fix is in for the logo - does anyone have a good Williams logo image that they’re using?

#1876 5 years ago
Quoted from hawknole:

I think contacts should face the front, I could only insert one way.

That is correct.

#1885 5 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

Please check this link... I've made several different logos...
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1THp-UwMFn_A4XMPIahoYMrmyGP8mlwNr
320x80 is pretty limiting in terms of what you can do

Thank you!

#1899 5 years ago

There was a second coin door key in the plastic bag that contained the manual.

#1901 5 years ago
Quoted from WizWiggy:

I'm assuming 4 keys total, 2 coin door and 2 backbox like a new Stern? Thanks.

No - I got three total. Two coin door and a single backbox hanging on the inside coin door hook.

#1910 5 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Help me out...I'm on the list for MBRLE but have come across a STLE with a few hundred plays. Which will hold the most interest over time? I know, we are all different, but I'm curious what you guys think if you have a lot of experience on both.

I own both. Completely different games. ST is a great Steve Ritchie flow game. MB is a pinnacle of pinball title. They compliment each other.

#1960 5 years ago

I am really enjoying it - very happy with the purchase. It really feels like one of the true pinnacles of pinball as an art form in the 90s. I own AFM and it compliments that game very well.

#2009 5 years ago

I am getting a lot of SDTM drains from the scoop - have tried different kicker settings to no avail. Game is level - any ideas?

#2012 5 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

Make sure you are controlling “R” popper..
I assumed it was “L” eject ... because ... well it’s to the left of the auto plunger ejector (derrrrr)... forgot about the creature ejector. This was my issue (neglected to RTFM...which I rarely do)... thought I was changing the setting but was actually not. I had to set mine to max. After that ... no more SDTM issues.

Thanks for mentioning that - I am indeed using the right adjustment in the menus. Just cannot seem to get it right yet. I will keep trying.

#2173 5 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

I tried with no success to update the new code. The folder says "MonsterBash102" only. No installer.img. I download a zip opener that did NOTHING. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Mac or Windows? Which Zip opener? More details will help us help you.

#2193 5 years ago

I will keep the factory scoop protection - it’s doing it’s job and taking the hits rather than the wood. Would be good if they sold spares of those if one wanted to replace it cosmetically.

#2229 5 years ago
Quoted from DANGERTERROR:

Anyone have any idea why Phantom Flip isn’t working/lighting out of the box?

Open a ticket - working fine here. It’s a little disorienting when it works

#2287 5 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

The one thing I've noticed on my MB....(I'm not sure if this has been pointed out)...The side rails are attached using 2 flat head screws. Did they abandon the double sided tape method?

I think it changed with MB. My AFMr doesn’t have it but MBr does.

#2294 5 years ago

Welcome to the club! Beautiful game

#2344 5 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

My initial take on the LE, after owning it for a day...
I don't care much for the the T-molding on the front edges of the backbox plywood. I wish it looked like my MMr.

What T molding?

#2499 5 years ago

It’s puzzling to hear people describe the game as easy. It’s one of the hardest games I’ve ever played.

#2512 5 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

question - when shooting a full left orbit during wolf mode where is the ball supposed to wind up?
A) left flipper
B) right flipper
C) SDTM
Wanted to know which way I need to bend the ball guide, as I don't remember from the original.
Getting mainly C's

Should be right flipper. I haven’t had a drain on mine.

#2524 5 years ago

On a strong loop shot from the left, it avoids Dracula’s feet. On some shots to the right, especially a pop bumper exit, it sometimes ricochets off the inner left ball guide into his feet. On my game, when this happens, it diverts to the left flipper so it’s not a big deal. Maybe 1/50 times it went down the middle. My understanding from earlier in the thread is that this is normal on MB.

#2535 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Is the LE playfield different somehow? I thought they were all the same

They are the same.

#2647 5 years ago

My SE is beautiful. I hope everyone is happy with their games when they arrive.

#2668 5 years ago
Quoted from DANGERTERROR:

I’m getting crazy airballs off of Frank’s Monster when he’s in standing position. Plastic is gonna get broken. Is there an angle of stance that corrects this? Or are airballs just a thing with MB?

Flippers still on default? If so, try -3 or -4.

2 weeks later
#3481 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Boy that's the issue... Funny i never knew there was a bigger screen and now a would feel like it's a must.... But that color GI is just so not going to work for me.
Have to sleep on this one for a bit.

You can turn the color GI off. Get the SE and enjoy the display. They give you all the options in the CGC menu.

#3551 5 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

MBR owners try this out ?

It works great.

1 week later
#3760 5 years ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

Thank you, that seems easy enough!

Yes, that was such a good and simple suggestion - I hope it helps. I will try that this weekend as I get occasional feet bounces.

3 weeks later
#4444 5 years ago
Quoted from TheBigDog:

My LE coin door. Turned out pretty nice I think.
[quoted image]

That is just awesome!

2 weeks later
#4897 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Weird. I wonder if the CGC ones attempted to “fix” the scoop by making the holes more tight. There’s always the Mantis super-reinforced one, which does allow adjustment

Yes, but you’d lose the scoop LEDs if you went to the mantis. I think an idea is to enlarge the scoop mounting holes to give it more torsion adjustability.

#4899 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I guess so, but that’s like a $4 fix to replace them

Yeah, and defeating the SDTM would be more important to me than the light. My game is behaving now, but I get the frustration factor for anyone with cheap scoop drains.

2 weeks later
#5194 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

LE #1222 finally made it!
A few things... I can't get the back glass off.. Key won't turn... Is it the same as the coin door?
Also this small plastic piece with adhesive appeared on the floor.. Any idea where it goes?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Backbox key is hanging inside the coin door on a hook. It’s a different key.

No idea what that piece of plastic is.

#5284 5 years ago

The SE is a great machine - no complaints at all

1 month later
#5695 4 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Newbie issue here: I am having a problem with the “D” in D-I-G not always registering when a ball goes thru the gate. Happens about 50% on plunge and maybe 25% during the gameplay. Annoying during plunge because I lose the skill shot.
What are the usual suspects for this sort of thing?

Likely that the switch needs a slight bend in the arm to register better. Put the game in switch test and roll a ball over it and see how consistent it is. Then try bending the arm to help it. It’s just a switch.

1 month later
#5930 4 years ago

Just installed. It fixes a number of things:

V1.0.3 RELEASE NOTES
This version includes the following enhancements and bug fixes:

1) Added setting to keep right popper coil activated longer to help avoid center drains from the popper.
2) Added Shaker Mode settings to increase length and frequency.
3) Adjusted volume down at lower settings (1-8).
4) Improved audio quality.
5) Increased volume of knocker sound through speakers.

I don't have a center drain issue on mine, so, no change here. But it looks like it delays the eject to allow the ball to full settle and have a consistent strike.

#5936 4 years ago
Quoted from Moeman65:

When did this code come out and where can I find it?

Not sure when it came out, link here:

https://www.chicago-gaming.com/coinop/monster-bash/update

1 month later
#6178 4 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Can SE/LE owners chime in if RGB can be turned on/off in settings or set to a steady color?
ex: warm/cool white?
Thank you

Yes. This is done in the CGC menu.

3 months later
#6576 4 years ago
Quoted from mjannusch:

Here's the feet on mine. On the front they angle back from the top at about maybe a 60 degree angle. I don't have another game to compare to, so maybe this is normal? Mine's a very late production LE.[quoted image]

I just repaired an original MB and the feet were cut back farther. I might do that on mine.

#6581 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I believe you can buy a NOS Drac at PPS or Marco (I forget which) which has the feet pre-cut. Might be a simpler solution and you can go back if you ever sell.

Thanks - that’s a good idea for sure!

1 week later
#6624 4 years ago
Quoted from metal-mods:

Problem is that the ball doesn't rest on the plunger, the plunger tip is about 1/4" below ball, and slightly off center towards the rear of the scoop. Between those 2 things and the play between the plunger and coil sleeve (which is obviously necessary) it's creating a random shot out of the scoop each time.
Since last night's post, I taped some shims between bottom of plunger and rubber grommet so that tip of plunger is higher, and ball is resting on it every single time. I threw the ball in the scoop by hand 50 times in a row and it came back to the same spot on left flipper nearly everytime. It didn't drain once. I then put the glass back on and played 3 games, aiming for scoop as much as possible- not a single drain.

Any chance for some pictures? Thanks for posting this - would be good to figure out the trick to consistency.

2 months later
#6826 4 years ago
Quoted from BanditBen:

First game I played today...[quoted image]

Did that happen when the ball was going up, or did you hit a shot that wasn't fast enough and it came back down and got stuck on the way back?

1 month later
#6921 3 years ago
Quoted from rjsoeps:

Corvette= compared

Made by the same company that made the originals in the same fashion. They look amazing.

1 week later
#6953 3 years ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

Started my MBr LE this afternoon and my right flipper started moving as soon as I started the game. Moves up and down a little without me touching the flipper button and stays for the most part in the up position. I used all of my technical skills to troubleshoot (turned machine off and back on again) to no avail. Any ideas?

If it stays up when the game of powered off, you have a mechanical problem. Check for binding, etc in the affected flipper mechanism.

If it returns to neutral position when the game is powered off, you have an electrical problem. I would start in switch test and see if the flipper button is somehow stuck on. If that's not it, I would reach out to CGC as that could indicate a board problem such as a shorted transistor.

#6957 3 years ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

Thanks, it does not stay up when the game is powered off

Do a switch test and see if the flipper is being held with the button. Do that with the coin door open so you don’t cook the coil. Recommend that you contact CGC via their help desk.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Machine - For Sale
Shepherdsville, KY
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.95
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Greeley, CO
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
$ 210.00
£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pintechev.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-remake-mbr-owners-club?tu=pintechev and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.