(Topic ID: 222461)

Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)

By MrSanRamon

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,330 posts
  • 732 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 23 hours ago by Dashmonster
  • Topic is favorited by 277 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)”

• I'm in on a CE 77 votes
    9%
  • I'm in on a SE 172 votes
    21%
  • I'm in on a LE 396 votes
    48%
  • I'm out for now 182 votes
    22%

(827 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wire switch 2 (resized).jpg
R orbit switch (resized).jpg
IMG_4951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4943 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0464 (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
IMG_3190 (resized).jpeg
Wolfman (resized).jpg
IMG_2467 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4014 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231111_165525077 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20231112-165133 (resized).png
20231110_123120 (resized).jpg
20231105_122730 (resized).jpg
94B393B7-CB09-4AFB-A166-CF0EC7F7F9A0 (resized).jpeg
3D150F78-A1C1-4B31-A9FA-00031163D7C1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #4230 Potential fix for SDTM from scoop. Posted by Reznnate (5 years ago)

Post #5928 Frankenstein switch adjustment tips Posted by MGM2 (4 years ago)

Post #6026 Links to STDM Tweaks Posted by Oaken (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballcoug.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#392 5 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Was yours a CGC build? My MMr had no coin mechs and was a Stern build.

Same with my MMr Stern build, no coin mechs

1 month later
#1969 5 years ago
Quoted from monte_:

Anybody besides me still waiting for their number matching MBRLE? I ordered through pps.

I was, but just got my ready to ship email today

1 week later
#2304 5 years ago

#639 arrived today a couple weeks after being born on 12/28. There were a few scars on the box but no damage inside. This guy must have been hiding behind the pallet shop for a while as the top was covered in sawdust. So much sawdust on top that it made it's way through the cardboard box, settled on the front of the game, and accumulated enough to draw with a finger!

20190115_200202 (resized).jpg20190115_200202 (resized).jpg20190115_200346 (resized).jpg20190115_200346 (resized).jpg
#2513 5 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

question - when shooting a full left orbit during wolf mode where is the ball supposed to wind up?
A) left flipper
B) right flipper
C) SDTM
Wanted to know which way I need to bend the ball guide, as I don't remember from the original.
Getting mainly C's

Mine goes to the right flipper unless it hits Dracs feet sticking out under the coffin. When Drac kicks it it'll go SDTM.

#2526 5 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

I’ve never had this happen. Does this happen at any velocity... or is it when it’s kind of a weak roll out of the loop?

I'd say it does typically happen more on slower shots or those coming out of the pops.
Based on this I checked side to side level in case I was tilted right but it checked out good. I had a similar issue on MMr and ended up bending out the ball guide to fix, but not ready to attempt on MBr yet as there might be an alternate solution.

#2627 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

The only tidbit I found interesting is that CGC won't start building your game until your paid in full (matching LE's only).

This wasn't the case for my matching LE. It was at my distributor's shop when asked for final payment. Unboxed it a week later.

#2630 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I think for most people, they will never find the defects. It’s not like we are talking about ghostbusters type issues.

Could these be the type of playfield issues in question? (Playfield pics of a LE) Honestly I didn't notice these until I started looking closer after the CGC post. Are these serious deal breakers for people?

20190120_174234 (resized).jpg20190120_174234 (resized).jpg20190120_174620 (resized).jpg20190120_174620 (resized).jpg
#2660 5 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Loving our new LE.
It is stunning.
Only had two minor issues out of the box.
The left sling was on a hair trigger making it impossible to just cradle the ball directly from a Creature kickout.
Made the gap a little wider on the switch blades and it works like a champ now.
Sometimes the ball will fly off the bal launch at the end and not go all the way around to the pops.
Still have not figured this one out yet, but am suspecting the bend in the metal blade again like on AFM.

I experienced both those issues as well. Adjusted the switch gap for an easy fix.
Shooter still rattles around, lowered the power to min and it helped a bit, but some launches are actually hitting the wireform above!

#2661 5 years ago
Quoted from LoserKid_Pinball:

I wish a Monster Bash key fob came with the pinball machine

Mine came with a key fob.

#2765 5 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

One of the connectors in this board had come unplugged, in case someone has a similar issue.

I had the same issue with a loose connector in the topper board

20190119_135408 (resized).jpg20190119_135408 (resized).jpg
#2826 5 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

Good catch. I did not see that.
[quoted image]

Mine is cracking too that I hadn't noticed, both sides and I'm only at 100 games played.

20190127_185708 (resized).jpg20190127_185708 (resized).jpg20190127_185728 (resized).jpg20190127_185728 (resized).jpg
#3049 5 years ago
Quoted from Mdanielb:

These new cabinets have the wood seam offset from the corner, about a quarter of an inch back, on the sides. Thus, the cracks in the decals forming exactly in that spot on some games

I believe this shows the seam you're talking about

20190128_153320 (resized).jpg20190128_153320 (resized).jpg
#3057 5 years ago
Quoted from cheshirefilms:

So far we haven't had any reports of flawless decals later splitting.

I don't have photos of this area to be 100% certain, but I can't believe I wouldn't have noticed the decal issue (both sides) when unboxing or during initial inspection (which I didnt). I really think it developed sometime over the first two weeks, but without unboxing photos to be sure I suppose it could have been there all along.

#3070 5 years ago
Quoted from ChiroCop:

So...are these cracks showing up NIB, or a couple days after you put the legs on?

Sometime within the first 2 weeks for me. I don't believe they were there out of box, but can't be certain.

#3254 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

wow I'm a little surprised they've taken this long to respond. When ever I had issues with my AFMRLE they responded very quickly..

I'm glad, in a way, to see I'm not the only one experiencing extended ticket durations with CGC recently. With MMr and AFMr the response and resolution to my tickets was extremely fast, one reason I bought another CGC game with confidence. Currently I've got a couple MBr tickets in processing that are approaching 3 weeks old with no contact after an initial question or comment back. Very disappointing compared to their past level of service.

To add some positivity to my post I do have one closed ticket thanks to the AMAZING Lloyd who in less than a day helped identify and fix my topper issue. This is the level of support a lot of us are accustomed to thru the first two games but seem to be missing lately. Lloyd, you are the man!!!

1 week later
#3604 5 years ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

I don't have the ability to sit around all day waiting for a game either

I'm fortunate to work close to home so ask for a 30 min advance call. So far not one of the delivery companies has had an issue with my request.

1 week later
#3782 5 years ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

Hey guys, I have two small issues with my MBrLE. Can some one explain how to adjust drac? When the ball comes down the right orbit it clips his feet and then goes sdtm. Second, sometimes the scoop shoots sdtm, how can I adjust it?

I have both those issues and my tickets with CGC have been open for over a month now with no contact in a few weeks, very disappointing.

The right ball guide may be adjusted by loosening a screw below the switch. I was unable to adjust it enough to clear Drac however. Therefore I've slightly bent the ball guide just like I had to on MMr and now the ball clears his feet every time and the right sling most of the time.

For the VUK issue I adjusted the entire mech under the playfield to align as far left as possible but that didnt work. Adjusted coil strength all the way up, down, everywhere in between and still get SDTM ejects. I've noticed that firm ejects hit the left flipper, but the SDTM ejects are slower and sound different as if it's a misfit with the plunger coming out if the scoop. I've even had ejects hit the right flipper about 3" right of a normal eject, far from an alignment issue it seems.

1 month later
#4609 5 years ago
Quoted from SkillShot:

Game is gorgeous, but you’d think they’d have fixed these issues by now.

I've had a ticket open on the scoop SDTM issue for over 2 months now. 2 weeks ago I asked for an update as I've quit playing due to frustration. I was told engineering was looking into it and they hope to have an answer soon.

Which will happen first, the CGC SDTM fix or Bublehead receiving his MBr....

#4612 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Wasn't it already said multiple times that this was an issue on the original and people make workarounds?

Hitting Dracs feet was mentioned as an original problem, but don't recall the same mentioned regarding the scoop eject.

1 week later
#4888 5 years ago
Quoted from BryanBPH:

1 - I know there have been a lot of posts/suggestions around the STDM shots out of the scoop - Was there a general consensus on what seems to work?

2 - Same question regarding STDM rolls from the upper playfield that are hitting dracs feet on the way down.
[quoted image]

1- my scoop STDM is going on 2 1/2 months and still not fixed. Guess Bublehead will get his MBr before my scoop is working!

2- I bent the ball guide out slightly and now even slow orbits miss Drac's feet. I first tried raising the right levelers, perhaps too much, but noticed it affected the ball path coming down the playfield.

#4895 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Also there is a little bit of play in the scoop - a tiny move makes a huge difference. Have you tried looking at that?

Yep, tried that second after playing with coil strength first. There was very little play on mine and I couldn't notice any difference after the adjustment.

#4900 5 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

I think an idea is to enlarge the scoop mounting holes to give it more torsion adjustability.

That's been on my list to try, but waiting for CGCs solution first. My problem is that I'm not only getting misaligned scoop ejects SDTM, but also experiencing misshits out of the scoop that come out much slower and at times hit the right flipper. Something is off more than scoop alignment it seems.

2 weeks later
#5314 4 years ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

Is there a way to tone down the sensitivity of the slings, they go off at the slightest graze by the ball. I checked the menus and couldn't find anything, was wondering if anyone has a solution or is this just part of the game play to figure out.

Adjust the switch itself. Mine were also super sensitive so widened the gap a bit and all better.

1 month later
#5662 4 years ago
Quoted from Jigfrog:

How did you fix SDTM off dracs feet?

I slightly bent the ball guide inward and it solved the problem of Drac kicking the ball SDTM

1 year later
#7714 3 years ago
Quoted from Flipper_Ripper:

Anyone else have SDTM off of Dracula’s feet from the right orbit

I bent the end of the ball guide out a bit so the ball would miss Dracs feet and avoid the SDTM. On some super fast orbits the ball does go to the left flipper instead of the right, but at least not SDTM.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

12,125 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Paul, MN
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Greeley, CO
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 12.95
$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballcoug.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-remake-mbr-owners-club?tu=pinballcoug and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.