(Topic ID: 222461)

Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)

By MrSanRamon

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,330 posts
  • 732 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 hours ago by Dashmonster
  • Topic is favorited by 277 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)”

• I'm in on a CE 77 votes
    9%
  • I'm in on a SE 172 votes
    21%
  • I'm in on a LE 396 votes
    48%
  • I'm out for now 182 votes
    22%

(827 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wire switch 2 (resized).jpg
R orbit switch (resized).jpg
IMG_4951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4943 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0464 (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
IMG_3190 (resized).jpeg
Wolfman (resized).jpg
IMG_2467 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4014 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231111_165525077 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20231112-165133 (resized).png
20231110_123120 (resized).jpg
20231105_122730 (resized).jpg
94B393B7-CB09-4AFB-A166-CF0EC7F7F9A0 (resized).jpeg
3D150F78-A1C1-4B31-A9FA-00031163D7C1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #4230 Potential fix for SDTM from scoop. Posted by Reznnate (5 years ago)

Post #5928 Frankenstein switch adjustment tips Posted by MGM2 (4 years ago)

Post #6026 Links to STDM Tweaks Posted by Oaken (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballaddicted.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#167 5 years ago

Deposit just paid for a LE..
Looking forward to adding it to our collection

#168 5 years ago
Quoted from Chicoman:

No way do they blow through 1250 LE's. Here we are a year and half later and there is still NIB Attack From Mars LE's and they only made $1000 of them.
I'll wait for the fire sale and get a NIB MBr LE for sub $7500.

That is the idea, enough LEs to go around for everyone that wants one now.

There were 1000 TAF gold editions made in 1993 and there were plenty of them to go around at that time too!

#173 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Did Wayne give you an idea of when we'll get them?

No mate, he will let us know when he knows himself. If CGC have not started making them yet, could be a while (plenty of months). Aust is nearly last to get the games. US first, then Europe and then Aust.

I honestly thought CGC would have been cranking out the games over the last six months and storing them, looks like maybe not.

#262 5 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

I find it interesting that most of the Pinsider's posting in this thread have many years already in the hobby.
So maybe the primary market for this, is the nostalgic seasoned hobbyist. And maybe it has less appeal to the newer players that lack the soft nostalgia for the pin? I'm still in <1 yr. But own 4 pins now.
I've been in on the LE. Just having second thoughts, comparing it to other pins. And rumors of pins/companies coming next year. Is this the one_ I want. Or maybe a jjPOTC. Or a magic girl.
Kinda grinding over this for 2 days now.

Play them all and see which one you like best before making your decision. Pinball is meant to be fun and picking any machine is part of that fun. MB is an all time classic 90s BW game that still is highly desirable. I think most of the 1250 LEs will go into peoples houses and their private collections. The reason seasoned pinheads are buying the remake is the game and game play is still good compared to all the newer titles.

Remember that there are no wrong decisions in pinball. Rumours are just that, rumours.

#263 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

so they can build 75 games a week?

15 machines per day is CGC s target production. That doers not mean that they can make that many. I would think they can make 10 - 12 per day = 50 or 60 machines per week. Hopefully CGC have been manufacturing while waiting for the final approvals and they can make 15 machines per day or more. We will find out in the next few weeks.

#288 5 years ago
Quoted from doughslingers:

I am sold out of LEs thanks for all the calls and messages.
Buddy
Mountain Entertainment Inc.
Plesse see Joe at Pinballstar

Already.. Congratulations!

2 weeks later
#408 5 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

CGC built MM's have coin mechs. They also have the melamine cabs.

We got a MMr a few months back and the bottom of the cabinet is plywood, with nice black melamine plywood everywhere else, same as our AFMRLE. I must admit, very nice touch, game looks awesome. I went to put glue in all the corners of the cabinet and it was already done. Looks like MBr will be the same.

#445 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I totally understand that all distributors/manufacturers want your money ASAP (of course they do). I just can't get my head around paying for a game months, or multiple weeks before its actually being shipped. In the case of CGC they are clearly legit so you'll eventually get your product so theres very little risk. Out of curiosity when are distributors required to pay for games?

Our form in Australia states full payment due 2 weeks before shipping. Then we wait 2 or more months. This is what you have to do if you want one. First lot are built to order.

#452 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

two weeks isn't entirely unreasonable....waiting an additional 2 months is painful....In the states I suspect many ship directly from the factory to customers? my real question is when do the distributors have to pay the manufacturers?

Forking out our hard earned dollars and then waiting for 2 months is frustrating. Our distro has always been entirely honest with us. I feel payment is due (to CGC) in full for all machines before they ship. Plenty of people do not want to pay for their machines until they absolutely have to, leaving the financial burden on the distro.

#461 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I totally get that full payment should be due prior to shipment. We have it pretty easy in the states as shipping typically doesn't take longer than a week. I just don't understand why in the USA full payment is due several weeks prior to shipment? especially if your paying with a CC or wiring the $. They just need to get paid before the game actually ships.

I am not sure for you guys in the USA. Probably your distros asking for the money early.

#522 5 years ago
Quoted from Ed209:

Just got delivered!
[quoted image]

Congratulations!

Please post plenty of unboxing Pics.

#533 5 years ago
Quoted from Ed209:

Setup and playing perfect with no big surprises. Few random thoughts...
Trim has screws now to make it easy to swap out.
No keyfob in goody bag but they did include an extra set of flipper rubbers and lots of fuses.
Foam on underside made it a bit of a wobbly mess if you take it off the pallet before putting the legs on.
Dots are amazing.
Nice to see a factory installed protector on the center drain.
Mechs!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thank you so much for taking some time to post your pics. Game looks amazing. Congratulations.

#571 5 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

Got my notice to pay in full for LE #34.
Robert

That is sensational! Did your distro let you know when your game will ship?

#590 5 years ago
Quoted from gripwhip:

Not sure I understand this part. I get them coming off the line quicker. They are really not the (e.g. 235) one built if they are just putting that tag on it no matter when it is made. It would be better/more serendipitous it would seem if you got one as a coincidence not just for matching purposes.

The machine LE numbers do not match when the machine was built. EG you may have LE No1 out of 1000. This machine was actually manufactured 900/1000 and received the No1 LE tag. The LEs are not built in the LE tag order.

If you purchased a MMrLE and got number 53/1000. Every time you order the next model eg AFMrLE you are entitled to ask for the same LE number and your machine will be manufactured first and you get it first, before a person that has not bought a LE machine before.

Some collectors want matching LE numbers on all their machines. WTF for I have no idea.

#650 5 years ago

Apologies. You are correct. That machine is a SE.

#717 5 years ago
Quoted from Higloss67:

I just put on a coat of wax and am ready to play. Powered up and it is absolutely a home run. Lighting is unbelievable. I will post pictures, but video and pics do not even come close to what you see in person. I purchased MMR and AFMRse and this machine blows them away on fit and finish. I will report back on playability soon. Enjoy the pics for now. Oh yeah it is an SE.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Congratulations and thank you for sharing!

#749 5 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

This will be my first remake and my only concern is the boardset, especially having that one mounted under the playfield. Have there been any issues on MMr or AFMr with these? I hope they will have the longevity and repair-ability a typical old boardset has.

Bit too much concern over something that may never happen. When you buy a car or any house appliance do you say "I hope they will have the longevity and repair-ability a typical old boardset has" about the electronics? The tec and manufacturing of the PCBs is similar. I do not think there is anything to worry about here. We will have a definite answer in the next 20 years!

1 month later
#2021 5 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

With the black and white Munsters being such a polarizing topic, would any Monster Bash owners or potential owners want an option to buy a Black and White version? Personally I like the full color and updated dots and lighting.
-Obviously pic is not real, just a hypothetical idea of a b&w playfield
[quoted image]

Definitely a no from us! I remember being a kid waiting for us to buy a colour TV. I do not want to go backwards.

2 weeks later
#2896 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Aren't the decals tearing though because the wood is seperating/splitting?

I agree with Who-Dey . If you remove the lock bars from your machine and look down from the top, you will see either the cabinet coming apart or the ply s separating. Easy fix. Use some wood glue and glue it back together now.

2 months later
#5368 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Straight Down The Middle ( ball shooting between the flippers )
LTG : )

Thank you for taking the time to explain that for us. Very much appreciated.

1 month later
#5680 4 years ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

I'm considering purchasing the MB (limited) but maybe I can save a few bucks and just get the SE? It's odd that they would price them so close, the main aspects that I like more in the LIMITED is obviously the Topper (can be purchased on its own?) and the plasma disk. The rest of the differences aren't important to me.
I also quite like the MUNSTERS (B&W) but most everyone seems to think that game sucks at this point, so I assume MB would also have longer shelf life and resell value.
All opinions welcome!

Please find link to different versions of MBr. The topper only comes with the LE. For us, we love the large color display.

https://www.chicago-gaming.com/coinop/monster-bash

Munsters is an awesome game. I find most people love it. Block a few of the Stern haters and you will pretty quickly realise there are only a few people complaining about Munsters. I understand why people that drop coins in to game are not that keen for Munsters. Game is hard, quite brutal and has short ball times. We love ours, game rocks.

Buy whatever you like best, or both, only you can make that choice.

2 months later
#5946 4 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Bonus feature in the update: If you plug in a real knocker it works.
"Increased volume of knocker sound through speakers."
Much louder if you rig up a real knocker!

So we can fit a knocker like in AFMRLE and it will work?

#5948 4 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Yeah, check it[quoted image]

Awesome! Can I ask where you got it from? Thanks

#5977 4 years ago
Quoted from marspinball:

Does this update wipe the scores?

Not for us. All our high scores stayed in our machine.

1 week later
#6042 4 years ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

New MBr owner here and new to pinside.
I have had such a great experience with my first Pin and it was NIB!
My experience with my CGC NIB MBr SE was so good I was looking at purchasing another NIB. But after all the PF issues on both the JP and WW, I am holding off on buying another one NIB. I want to see if either manufacturer corrects the issues.
I did buy a second NIB, a Luci, but it got damaged during shipping and had to go back to the distributor. Now I am just waiting for it to be repaired and sent back to me. Hopefully, in one piece this time.
But I am so happy to have my MBr. Haven’t had this much fun on a pin in something like 30 years. Reliable, no issues out of the box. PF looks stunning and it has been fun trying to get better at it. After having it a month, now I can’t get my GF to stop playing it.
I am looking forward to what CGC may be coming out with in the future. They hit a home run, in my opinion, on remaking this pin.

Welcome to Pinside and welcome to the club! MBr is a beautiful game. We love ours.

1 month later
#6293 4 years ago
Quoted from PolePosition:

Pleased to finally join the club. Received my NIB LE #510 this week (game was built in July 2019). It seems like there's only a few LE's left out there, so I figured I'd better jump on it now or regret it later. I was aiming for an SE, but surprisingly, my wife pushed me to get the LE.
Anyways, I'm slowly reading my way thru the thread, trying to gather any info on common adjustments, mods, etc., so anyone wanting to cliff note the 125+ pages of posts?
I plan to spend a fair bit of time this weekend getting to play it. Very excited!
One question I had to the LE owners regarding the powder coating. My legs and lockdown bar match exactly, but the side rails are noticeably lighter. Is this normal? (see attached pics)
Thanks!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Ours is like yours, the colours do not match exactly.

2 weeks later
#6382 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

MBRSE or JP Premium? Hmm.....

Get yourself to an arcade and play both! Decide then. MB is an all time classic for a reason. Rules set simple and easy to learn, game is hard to master.

You have plenty of time.to make your mind up.

3 weeks later
#6509 4 years ago
Quoted from Edster:

It's something never worked right even on the original.

Ours works great. Same on the original.

1 week later
#6525 4 years ago
Quoted from SkaterVet:

After ball launch, should a ball be able to go through the far left roll-over lane and hit the far left bumper without activating the bumper?

You can adjust the pop bumper sensitivity so it works every time.

2 weeks later
#6555 4 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Just joined the club today!! Wohoo

Congratulations! Welcome to the club.

#6566 4 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

I may need to do the same unless someone has a suggestion.

You can set up the game a little bit steeper to see if that will help.

6 months later
#7171 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Anyone install a shooter lane protector on their machine? Which is the best one and are there instructions?

Yep! Cliffy is your man. Passionforpinball.com and I am fairly sure there are instructions on his website. If you choose these make sure you get the right ones.

900 games, still looks like new.

15966209289301266902696523338620 (resized).jpg15966209289301266902696523338620 (resized).jpg

#7187 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

I sent him an email and he hasn’t responded, strange ordering system lol...

He will. Great guy.

#7191 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

what email do you use? I’ve sent two and no response been around a week

[email protected].

Be patient, he might be having a rest or not home. One of the genuine good guys in this hobby

#7192 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Is CGC making games at the moment? I noticed that AFM remakes are hard to find right now. Maybe Covid has the factory shut down? Seems to be plenty of MB left still.

MMrREs are getting out there so they must be making games. I think MM is better than MB. Just my opinion.

#7195 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I would love to have all 3. MB is my favorite theme but I love playing AFM for some reason. All three games are fantastic though. I really want Elvira 3 but I'm afraid of getting a shitty playfield so I may pass and get a MB or a AFM.

Hopefully you have a chance to play them to decide which one you like best!

1 year later
#8494 2 years ago
Quoted from Swoods5688:

Just joined the club what did everyone do for side blades or mirror blades?
[quoted image][quoted image]

We put Brian Allen art blades on our LE. They look awesome. Great quality as well.

https://www.flylanddesigns.com/product/monster-bash-art-blades-for-pinball-machines/

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

12,125 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Paul, MN
$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Shepherdsville, KY
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 12.95
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballaddicted.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-remake-mbr-owners-club?tu=pinballaddicted and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.