(Topic ID: 222461)

Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)

By MrSanRamon

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,332 posts
  • 732 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by KingMixer
  • Topic is favorited by 277 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)”

• I'm in on a CE 77 votes
    9%
  • I'm in on a SE 172 votes
    21%
  • I'm in on a LE 396 votes
    48%
  • I'm out for now 182 votes
    22%

(827 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wire switch 2 (resized).jpg
R orbit switch (resized).jpg
IMG_4951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4943 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0464 (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
IMG_3190 (resized).jpeg
Wolfman (resized).jpg
IMG_2467 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4014 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231111_165525077 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20231112-165133 (resized).png
20231110_123120 (resized).jpg
20231105_122730 (resized).jpg
94B393B7-CB09-4AFB-A166-CF0EC7F7F9A0 (resized).jpeg
3D150F78-A1C1-4B31-A9FA-00031163D7C1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #4230 Potential fix for SDTM from scoop. Posted by Reznnate (5 years ago)

Post #5928 Frankenstein switch adjustment tips Posted by MGM2 (4 years ago)

Post #6026 Links to STDM Tweaks Posted by Oaken (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider northvibe.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8191 2 years ago

I haven't looked this up, but with the MBr classic did anyone upgrade to color gi? was that possible? DIdn't know if cgc used. the same kit from mmr gi upgrade for mbr. XL screen I hear was made to work with mbr, so that is covered, but the color gi was pretty awesome when we played one this weekend.

#8202 2 years ago
Quoted from mikehoss1414:

I have a HUO MBrSE that I would trade for a classic (plus a little cash)…I am probably the only one, but I’m not as big of a fan of the light show and larger dmd as I thought I would be.
-Mike

My wife and I played MBr LE and she really liked it, partly because of the GI. I did the gi kit to my MMr LE and think it really adds to it. When they first came out, I kind of poo pooed the kits but idk, I kinda like it!

#8211 2 years ago
Quoted from Hoteldrummer:

Sounds ridiculous I know for being so far out in the future but yes I did

Nothing is crazy if it feels right. I’ve contemplated trading my gb prem for a MBr….

#8213 2 years ago

Well my GB has some interest so I think I’ll be looking for a MBr LE! Excited to join the club

#8216 2 years ago

Ok, games are sold and funds are ready to buy a MBr LE or and SE. If anyone know of one for sale or wants to sell theirs, I'm interested! The family is pretty excited for this one

EDIT: added SE

#8219 2 years ago

Can't find any MBr LE's but found a NIB SE. Excited to join!

#8221 2 years ago
Quoted from midcoastsurf:

Awesome! I recently couldn’t find an SE and settled for an LE. Welcome to the Bash!

Haha, if you ever wanna sell/trade, holler at me

Well the one big thing I want is a topper, so we’ll see what I can do.

I think it will arrive next week, so just in time for halloween! The family is pretty excited.

You have any mods you think are necessary?

#8225 2 years ago
Quoted from stretch2:

Back in the Club!

What did ya find?

#8227 2 years ago
Quoted from stretch2:

MB Classic with color chip and shaker.

Nice!

It’s alive!!!

71E48A1A-11FF-4719-A4FB-C59532925372 (resized).jpeg71E48A1A-11FF-4719-A4FB-C59532925372 (resized).jpeg
#8228 2 years ago

Soon!

501ECAC4-256E-4C33-BFF0-A5FBD7469D95 (resized).jpeg501ECAC4-256E-4C33-BFF0-A5FBD7469D95 (resized).jpeg
#8230 2 years ago

Kids are playing but frank is “stuck” standing, is there any known issues with working on him before I pull the glass and manual?

F828D8C3-2021-42ED-974D-CDE77FE72463 (resized).jpegF828D8C3-2021-42ED-974D-CDE77FE72463 (resized).jpeg
#8232 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Check if he's binding on plastics. Run him up and down in frank table test.
LTG : )

^ nice! Thanks.
Ran test and it seems to be working now. I did poke him. Going from standing to laying down, is that sort of slow?

#8234 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I'd put a tiny drop of oil on the metal moving parts that lift his table up and down.
LTG : )

Ah yes! It has been sitting since 2018. Good idea.

Damn, playing. Love this game just want a topper.

C1DC5C3A-5AB6-40A0-9B2C-0FC1A745DC4C (resized).jpegC1DC5C3A-5AB6-40A0-9B2C-0FC1A745DC4C (resized).jpeg
#8237 2 years ago

What size cliffy did people get for creature on the remake?

Did anyone put Mylar the shooter lane?

#8242 2 years ago
Quoted from mostater:

I thought about mylar but opted for a shooter lane protector instead.
I wasn't aware cliffy had something for creature, let alone something in different sizes. If you meant cliffy for the scoop, then I recommend the thinner style version. I have the thicker one and it covers up a bit more artwork...plus the side that runs along the inner mosh pit lane has a slight edge to it that occasionally messes with the ball trajectory no matter how much I try to flatten it.

yeah he makes a creature protector thats 31mm ID or 38mm ID. I guess original vs mirco pf.
I guess the good and bad is the MBr SE came pre installed with a scoop protector and drain protector. The scoop one looks kind of big but I also see after looking that the scoop is not nearly as open as the actual opening. The cover above the scoop kind of looks like you need to hit it dead on to drop in.

#8243 2 years ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

Do I have the most up to date code here?
Thanks![quoted image]

Quoted from mostater:

Yes, I believe that is the most up-to-date code available.

Yup that should be the most up to date. I just updated

F470B6D7-822D-4560-A0D9-B446043614AA (resized).jpegF470B6D7-822D-4560-A0D9-B446043614AA (resized).jpeg
#8250 2 years ago

has anyone taken the topper apart? Looking for pics of the PCB and wires that plug into it

#8253 2 years ago

Is something wrong with yours or need troubleshooting help? Or trying to make a mod?

I have some of the parts, looking to make a topper that acts like the original.

#8254 2 years ago
Quoted from ninjabones:

Finally. Took me almost a year. Epic game.
[quoted image]

looks gorgeous!

#8259 2 years ago

Very cool!! Well, happy to take pics once I get mine set up again (currently wrapped up as I just moved).

Thank you!
I was pretty bummed when I couldn’t find an Le when I was ready. Of course after I open my SE there’s a LE fs but in NY. Love the nib experience but man the topper would be amazing next to mmr and potentially ccr.

I found a few of the parts. So I’ll need to just fab the speakers, back board, art and want to make sure the wiring is correct. Luckily the mmr has similar setup, but they use a different “topper” board.

#8261 2 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

Oh, I thought he had done something to the machine that took him a year. I didn't connect that to the score shown.
Is that a good score for most owners here? Not trying to poop on anyone's skills, but 500 million is just a "pretty good" score for me.

dang.. I'm new to the game and don't play like slow taking specific shots often. So my flipping on the fly nets me 20-50 million average and I've had 1 game so far that broke 60 and got me on 4th place, iirc? Game is all default everything except freeplay. I was curious how you get 500 but I assume people are getting into multiballs or some good scoring mode and really hitting the right things.

#8266 2 years ago

ughhhhhh I've been eyeing those speaker covers up for MM and Mb.... dang... they do look good.

#8274 2 years ago

I had a great ball 1 with bride, drac, mummy ready to go with a shot to frank....annnnnnnd then started and drained dang. I'm glad I suck at pinball, it makes playing MBr soooo much fun Just installed the pinball decal target decals this am! And the shaker motor shows up today.

#8276 2 years ago

Plastic protectors. Who has them and which ones did they go with? Mezel or Pinball Life?

Hmmm I've been thinking this too. The mezel mods set I think looks nice
I dont know if I like the PBL one having green that like GB goes from the slings to the inlane.....half the price though.....

I think I'll do the mezel plastics and I need to find the orange ones for MMr

#8278 2 years ago

Agree - that green slingshot one from PBL covers the in-lane space, correct? Couldn’t tell from their website pics. If so, not a fan.

Yeah, I dont want the inlane covered.

PBL
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

Mezel
Screen Shot 2021-10-26 at 12.29.55 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-10-26 at 12.29.55 PM (resized).png

#8280 2 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

The other thing to remember about getting the Bride instrument is that hitting the spinner shot will reset the timer. So, what I usually do once I start the Bride mode, is make 2 or 3 ramp shots and then hit the spinner to give me back the time I used and then repeat. The spinner will let you re-load the timer 3 times per mode. Note that this only works for the Bride mode, the spinner does NOT reset the time for any of the other modes.

ohhhh nice tip!

#8281 2 years ago

Mmmm the mods started rolling in.

Pinball decals for stand up targets

And pinball pimp decal for the apron above the shooter

Shaker motor installed, that is a nice and easy install.

Mezel mods frank table and Tesla coils just need to be installed!

094E4141-16FF-48D2-92B0-2D470A27F2E2 (resized).jpeg094E4141-16FF-48D2-92B0-2D470A27F2E2 (resized).jpeg5CB7C1ED-B3E5-47A8-8FB0-439D28E4E6D5 (resized).jpeg5CB7C1ED-B3E5-47A8-8FB0-439D28E4E6D5 (resized).jpeg
#8283 2 years ago

Plasma disc
Mezel Tesla coils
Frank’s table

Man these look good in the game!

C34F8B75-05D0-4A48-BB19-F820EB7A8794 (resized).jpegC34F8B75-05D0-4A48-BB19-F820EB7A8794 (resized).jpeg

Tesla coils feel loose sorta so if they fall off when the pf is lifted, I’ll add thicker double sided tape

#8285 2 years ago

Love it! That Frank table and algae for the sign are at the top of the list for me.

I think I’ll order some more.

The shaker is not used a ton on this game is it? I like it and always love a shaker but it seems a tad under utilized and mostly for frank

#8287 2 years ago
Quoted from marsattx:

Just picked up an LE last week after wanting this machine since I first played it in 2013 as a freshman in high school. Worth every single penny. Only question, does anyones ball get stuck right next to the bride in the specific spot that I took a picture of? Has happened twice now.
[quoted image]

Is this from the ball rolling back down the ramp (not complete ramp shot) or is this from a standard shot and it just gets stuck there?

1 week later
#8299 2 years ago
Quoted from Photopin:

I went back, reformatted my card and tried it again. When the install program came up on the machine it said Current Version: none.
So, I reinstalled 1.0.3.B6.
It said it was successful, but when rebooted it doesn't get past the screen I showed before. It stays on for about a minute, goes out, then comes back on again.

wonder if Lloyd has any any tips. I would make sure the beaglebone is plugged in and the cables on that are pushed on. maybe reseat them on the cpu board?

#8303 2 years ago
Quoted from mostater:

The shaker does seem to be a bit less utilized than in other pins, but I feel they've done a really good job integrating it where they have. I particularly like how well it sinks up with the mummy coffin opening. All multiballs seem to have robust shaking when those modes start up, too.

ya i just put a shaker in my MBr. It was FOR SURE not used a lot. I really only noticed it when I did the frankenstein multiball. Otherwise I didn't feel it. Eh wish it was used more but I still enjoy and suggest buying the shaker if you have an extra 150 laying around.

#8320 2 years ago

That vuk coil power can be changed in settings, yes?

Have you tried seeing if you can adjust settings and how it affects the play?

#8323 2 years ago

interesting.... I'll have to keep an eye out for this behavior.

With people having this issue, are there "mods" that use power installed? like extra leds', subwoofer, topper etc?

1 week later
#8333 2 years ago

holy crap you guys....I'm gonna have to step my game up :-p I'm lucky to get 2 monsters and instruments. I do have the occasional blow up game but I think I'm still sub 100 million

#8337 2 years ago

Omg I have to try this

#8339 2 years ago
Quoted from andre060:

Any word about Chicago Gaming making another run of these? And if so, when? thanks!

Haven't heard a peep about MBr. You may want to contact them or a distributor to see if they have plans. Sounds like MMr and all the new stuff.

#8341 2 years ago

unfortunately when AFMr and MBr were originally released they sold super slow. It was when the market shifted when games started flying off shelves.. I think that my of left them not wanting to make more.. However everyone has to have MM, so that is a easy one to want to remake.

#8344 2 years ago

Yes I know!
I bought my AFMr SE at msrp one year ago, I also had the option to buy a LE from the same dealer at msrp if I wanted. They had stock.

I remember seeing stock of MBr too, wish I bought back then!

#8353 2 years ago

I asked in the mmr thread but haven’t heard, can the old Williams mirror blades fit the remakes? Or is it recommended to just wait for cgc to make more mirror blades? Need them for my mmr and mbr, but I have a pair of old Williams mirror blades sitting around

1 week later
#8357 2 years ago

Haha, that’s great!

2 weeks later
#8363 2 years ago

I haven't heard back from the BA thread. I recieved the brian allen MB translite. Put it in and when I install 2-3 of the plastic guides the translite starts to pull off the glass. How are people installing translites and keeping them flat against the glass? I see 2 of my plastic guides are already splitting.

#8364 2 years ago
Quoted from beltking:

Yeah used cointaker William mirrors. Says remake too.

thank you! I'll have to test fit the ones I have on hand.

#8377 2 years ago

Pinballs is automated….he seems to keep finding games from the back of his warehouse, call and see if he’ll work a deal on pricing

#8384 2 years ago
Quoted from TheBeefSupreme:

In the likely chance that I’m an idiot, can someone post a picture of where they placed their washer to prevent the SDTM from the scoop? I looked through the forum for the solution and put in the washer where I thought it made sense but it’s still not completely movement free so I’m wondering if I messed up.
I’m also not sure where to turn the power up in the menus. Feel like I went through everything and didn’t see that option

Power for coils is in the cgc menu iirc, open the coin door and hold the right most button and it should bring you to the cgc menu.

#8385 2 years ago
Quoted from Master_of_Trolls:

Just want to give a 'shout out' to Scott, from Pin Stadium. He communicated with me, over the Christmas Holiday, to troubleshoot my Pinstadiums. Others, above, were also very helpful. My MBr CE looks sooooooooo much better with the Pin Stadiums working.
My appreciation to all who offered great advice and Scott should get some kind of award for truly AMAZING customer service!

So how did they attach?

#8387 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I haven't heard back from the BA thread. I recieved the brian allen MB translite. Put it in and when I install 2-3 of the plastic guides the translite starts to pull off the glass. How are people installing translites and keeping them flat against the glass? I see 2 of my plastic guides are already splitting.

bump

#8389 2 years ago
Quoted from Pizzaman13:

I had a similar problem. Brian’s version is bigger than the original. I had to carefully and slightly trim Brian’s to make it work. It doesn’t look like should be a problem but for whatever reason it is. Lay the new over the original and I think you’ll see the small size differential I’m talking about.

Ahhh, interesting. I’ll do that and see what the difference is. Yeah kind of annoying….

Thanks!

#8397 2 years ago
Quoted from Pizzaman13:

I had a similar problem. Brian’s version is bigger than the original. I had to carefully and slightly trim Brian’s to make it work. It doesn’t look like should be a problem but for whatever reason it is. Lay the new over the original and I think you’ll see the small size differential I’m talking about.

Whoaaaa that is different. Hmmm gonna trim , just need to decide if it’s all four sides or two
It is 3/8" too large on 2 sides. The "genuine" sticker is blocking a lot from cutting the bottom. I'm going to split the cuts on all 4, but the bottom will be like a 1/16"

BB922581-E66A-45CC-B059-B19E0E156457 (resized).jpegBB922581-E66A-45CC-B059-B19E0E156457 (resized).jpeg
9B7A5D4E-2FF1-44ED-A1AF-8A4C992C0AC8 (resized).jpeg9B7A5D4E-2FF1-44ED-A1AF-8A4C992C0AC8 (resized).jpeg

EDIT:
I cut 3/16" off each side and 1/4" off the top. the trans fits MUCH better but still is not stuck to the glass. However you can't see any lift/creases so it is good to go!

1 week later
#8415 2 years ago

My mezel mod plastic protector kit just came in! For install, just curious. did everyone put the protector in, and just squeeze the plastic stand offs into the proctor holes, then drop the plastic on top and screw it in?

#8417 2 years ago
Quoted from whoknowsgoi:

where can i find tilt bob kit? i recently purchased a machine that is missing the thing that holds up the tilt bob

I would either bring the tilt bob to the hardware store and find a screw that fits, or buy a new tilt bob with the screw
https://www.pinballlife.com/plumb-bob-with-thumb-screw.html

1 week later
#8430 2 years ago
Quoted from bigballa81:

Anyone know if there is a way to adjust the height of Frank's arms? When he is standing, his arms are not raised straight out like they should be, they are a bit lower.

I think you will have to inspect what they are doing. They are on that metal arm that should push them up with frank being up right. I don't know if there is an adjustment per say. Have you manually lifted the arms yet?

IMG_4012 (resized).jpegIMG_4012 (resized).jpegIMG_4013 (resized).jpegIMG_4013 (resized).jpegIMG_4014 (resized).jpegIMG_4014 (resized).jpeg
#8432 2 years ago
Quoted from bigballa81:

No I haven't tried anything yet. To be honest I'm kind of afraid to touch it too much. Right now all Frank hits seem to registering pretty good, and the last thing I want is to mess that up. I thought I would hit up the forms to see if there were any hot tips.

You can physically move it and not break anything as long as you don’t force. I wonder if that metal arm just for hung up

#8435 2 years ago

I just noticed last night that both of left and right flippers don’t flip when Phantom is lit. It used to work fine (well it would flip, not make the shot).

Yeah, I would do switch tests on the opto’s and reed/magnet switches

#8440 2 years ago
Quoted from Sonic:

I know the original MB does not have magnetic reed switches (MRS') - but I am unaware the remakes do....can you confirm?
Matt
M&M Creations

Eddie switches? I may of swapped the terms because I couldn’t remember Eddie

#8443 2 years ago
Quoted from beltking:

Question do you think a MB LE is worth $12,500? Man a year ago they were 8k and few months ago $10k. Idk if I should buy one at this crazy price and market shifts.

I was about to pay 11k but couldn't find one when I was looking. The game is only worth what you think it is worth. Will you play it and keep it? Are you looking to flip it for more money?

I ended up getting a SE at an ok price. I would love the topper and powder coat but I don't personally feel those are worth 3-4k alone. The LE is gorgeous but you really just play the game when you play, and the SE and LE have the same gameplay.

#8445 2 years ago
Quoted from beltking:

True plus powder only costs $300 or so. I have an attack and medieval le already.

If you want to add it and keep it "long term" and money is not super tight, you could splurge. I wanted the games to match w/ toppers between MMr, CCr and MBr but owell.

#8456 2 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

over the see-through window that hides the Creature

That’s what I thought….but I have the part and it’s tiny and not the same shape. I’ll have to ask Marco I suppose.

#8458 2 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

over the see-through window that hides the Creature

Here is a pic

FD533FCE-47DC-4654-B625-FE68A9CDEA31 (resized).jpegFD533FCE-47DC-4654-B625-FE68A9CDEA31 (resized).jpeg
#8461 2 years ago

Ahhh snaps. It goes on the wood, between the saucer and the window. Sits on the left/middle.

Thank you!

#8469 2 years ago
Quoted from davewright01:

hi
can someone give me the height of the cabinet with the head folded down please - so from bottom of cab to top of folded head - want to see if it will fit in a jeep cherokee
thanks

What year and model of Cherokee?

#8471 2 years ago

that cherokee has like 28.5" opening at the hatch....you may be able to get it in if you detach the head and slide it forward so it isn't so tall.

#8475 2 years ago
Quoted from SaltyRunBack:

Does anybody know if the CPR Monster Bash Mirrored backglass will fit the remakes? Thank you

Yes it should, I want it as wel :-p

1 week later
#8477 2 years ago

Hey!
I’m getting two errors in test report.
Left and right flipper proximity sensor.
Number 47 and 48.
Any idea on how to trouble shoot this?
Thanks!
Richard
[quoted image]

I forgot if that is the prox sensor for the phantom flip or the flipper itself… do your flippers work? Have you tested phantom flip? Have you gone into switch test or coil test to test those prox sensors?

#8481 2 years ago

Hmmm. I guess I’m unsure where switch 47 and 48 are. The optos above the flippers are working, if I roll a ball down the left and right in lane all 4 switched register (25 and 42 on the left and 17 and 43 on the right).

If you go to switch test I think you can pick the switch to test? There are 2 or 4 prox sensors under the pf that sense the ball rolling over the pf in the two in lanes
I can get pics in the am and try the test

#8483 2 years ago

Ok! Yes some pics may help. When rolling the ball down the in-lanes during test switch it does not register 47/48

uploading a YT video now of testing mine.

#8486 2 years ago

Nice find! That board does connect those phantom switches. I’m glad it was something simple

1 week later
#8491 2 years ago

I was going to go mirror blades

#8499 2 years ago

I do like Brians art, but like my translite I had to physically cut to fit the MBr. The art alone looks good but sort of but doesn't integrate with the game art. I think if you did brian's art do both the translite and the side blades to help bundle it all.

#8503 2 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

i usually prefer art blades, but anything is better than black cabinet. i had mirrors on my TRON. i admit, that was sick as hell. oh, TOM, too. just make sure you get protectors for when you have to lift playfield. also, mirrors are way easier to install.

I do like the mirrors reflect light back into the game... helps make it look brighter.

#8509 2 years ago

haha, way to make me jealous I don't have any in mine :-p hahhaha

1 month later
#8537 2 years ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Ok I looked thought the “ key posts” and didn’t see anything but Franks table issues. but when I collect all of franks body parts and the ramp is the next shot it’s not registering I’m going up the ramp now. The post doesn’t come up and catch the ball to allow frank to come down and let me bash him.it just keeps going down the wireframe and back to the right flipper over and over again. But when I take the glass off and roll the ball up slow it works. Almost like if it goes up the ramp “ too fast” the switch I think , it’s not registering the shot. Any ideas guys?

Go to switch test and test and adjust the ramp switch

#8545 2 years ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Thanks
Yeah I just thought it was a little weird. Doesn’t affect anything. Just want to know if anything is wrong with my game .

Either the scoop is starting the mode or the shake of sometbing is closing a switch for frank. I can’t remember if the scoop has started it for me.

Quoted from ExSquid:

So with the color upgrade for the CE does it "change" the graphics also? Like the guys in the tunnel with the pickaxes , etc etc.

Are you talking the $400 color rom update for classic to go rgb in the dmd? Otherwise you can also install the XL speaker panel but they may be hard to find at the moment. On the XL they may of enhanced the dots. I haven’t seen a classic dmd in a while I forgot what changes they made

#8552 2 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

Interesting...I knew that it was available for the original MMr but I didn't think that they did it for MBr. Nice to know.

Some people snagged the mmr panel and got it working on their arm’s iirc. Also some SE owners wanted to go to the classic and traded with people. I hope they sell it as a kit again for all the classic owners. The big screen is huge! And I love the lit speakers with the color gi

#8553 2 years ago
Quoted from beltking:

Would you consider $14000 for a monster bash le a decent price? Prob more worth 13. They may keep going up.

In todays market, I feel they’ve been 13k for about a 6-13 months?
I tried to buy one and they were rarely at 11, mostly at 12. So 13-14 is common now days. Is it worth that, that is a personal opinion on how much you enjoy and want the game.

#8557 2 years ago

At minimum you should get color. It looks sooo good

3 months later
#8628 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I threw in the towel and stopped fighting the erratic scoop. Ordered a Mantis Scoop because neither CGC nor PPS could offer to buy a CGC part.
Check out how much the scoop is worn.. and unless I'm mistaken, that groove and bump are from the ball. It's worn so smooth. Scoop isn't square anymore and the back curve is very out of shape.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

How many plays is that? Looks worn! Do you have the mantis yet?

3 weeks later
#8634 1 year ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Sorry if I'm wrong here but just browsing around but I was looking to order the color upgrade for my CE. And found something for MM that upgrades not only to color but has the expanded display also. Was that ever an option for us who own the MB CE remake?

Yes, that XL display can be used on MBr. But the color chip ($400) also has to be installed.

#8636 1 year ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Thanks, looks like i missed the boat on those, nobody seems to carry them anymore. Ah well.

cgc is supposed to make more of the mod kits. but it may be when mmr ships again.. have to just keep an eye out. if you do not have the $400 color rom upgrade, you'll need that anyway, get that in the meantime.

#8640 1 year ago
Quoted from Warzard:

Can someone could share a picture of the back of the lcd wide backcreen please (speaker visible) ? Tks !

On the xl screen? I can when i get back in

#8642 1 year ago
0DB1ED10-24D4-436A-841A-F15F45785688 (resized).jpeg0DB1ED10-24D4-436A-841A-F15F45785688 (resized).jpeg5ADAD321-47AA-4D47-82A8-A2EAFE48D888 (resized).jpeg5ADAD321-47AA-4D47-82A8-A2EAFE48D888 (resized).jpeg7098D08E-F3D1-44AF-A7B1-8DE7C66C640F (resized).jpeg7098D08E-F3D1-44AF-A7B1-8DE7C66C640F (resized).jpegB0E850CB-27EE-4935-92F2-E093A8C9154D (resized).jpegB0E850CB-27EE-4935-92F2-E093A8C9154D (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#8645 1 year ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

Question about mrs_mezelmods "Frank's Table":
I ordered this thing the other day and tried installing it in my original MB on the original unmodified table. However, it doesn't fit. There is a pivot point, when placing it on the table assembly and the images show why. The mod does not account for the lower welded part on the metal assembly and therefore will not sit flush.
The green circle shows the grove accounting for the top weld. The red circles show the missing groves for the lower weld.
[quoted image][quoted image]
Has anyone installed this mod and encountered the same thing? Do I have a fraudulent part? OR did nobody except for me actually notice this and everyone just brute force stuck it down regardless?
This video by another owner clearly shows that his mod is sitting flush:

Huh. It fit on my remake. I would ask in the original Mb thread, you can’t be the only one with those tabs still there. Have you contacted mezel mods? I’d think they’d want to adjust for an original one that may fit a sub set of original games

#8648 1 year ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Consensus about the shaker motor on the MB? I searched and saw just a few posts about it. The Flyland alternate translite is also on the list. Had people over on Saturday and everyone gravitated towards MB over everything else.

I put shakers in everything, because, but MB doesn't use it "often" at least to me not often enough. Mostly during Frank multiball. Still fun to have it.

I have the Brian A. translight and had to manually cut it to fit the game. I like the art, I think it looks great, but the cab/pf art doesn't match so if you like it, go for it! And if you really like it grab the art blades?

1 month later
#8656 1 year ago
Quoted from Dane186:Has anyone had a issue that their MBr does not have any sound and just makes a repeating clicking sound?

No, but I did on stern munsters pro. Check your speakers but I think it was the audio op amp circuit and that is on the board. Could make a ticket with cgc

1 week later
#8667 1 year ago

I need to get a digital level on my pf. It has played "okay" but recently i'm getting left ramp rejects and hitting that scoop i do brick a lot off the left side it seems. Also now when the ball rolls down the right orbit. it hits drac's feet or something and bumps out. :/ never did that before.

#8669 1 year ago

Have you tried the PinGuy app? It's free

but my old phone case was not flat.. new one is but id' need to calibrate or something and I never remember until I'm at the bar route and can't trust any surface to be "flat" hahah. I have a craftsman digital level I usually use.

#8679 1 year ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

Looks nice. I'm glad you didn't do the door...it's just the right amount color.

does the Le have its door and hinges powder coated? I kinda want to PC my se as it feels better than the raw stainless steel

#8687 1 year ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

no. Only Legs, rails, lockdown bar.

I heard the MMr remake had the side rails double sided tape/glued on. Is that not the case anymore?
Man I would love to powder coat my MBr to match the LE. even the lockdown bar feels better with a coat on it (compared to my mmr)

#8689 1 year ago
Quoted from matt68061:

Mine were not taped on AFM or MB. They were taped on MMLE… but just carefully warmed up with a heat gun and used a plastic putty knife to pry off.
MB and AFM were just screws…

Sweeeeet.

#8690 1 year ago
Quoted from dbarker:

I am searching for the paint code for the electric blue on the mbr le. I am wanting to powder coat the coin door and i cant find the paint codes for any of the 3 chicago gaming machines i own. Does anyone have this information if so it would be much appreciated. Specifically the mbr le, atfmr le, mmr royal. Chicago gaming hasn't replied and they have all their voice mails full, so strange.

Any word on the paint code? I’m also wanting to powder coat my se

1 week later
#8704 1 year ago
Quoted from Bospins:

Hi all
I had an issue playing today, I got to monster bash and the sound was very stutter-y. I noticed some smaller stuttering issues during regular play. Has anyone had this issue before?

What code are you on?

#8706 1 year ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

No.

Could also be the rollover switch on the returnlane not registering reliably. Swap Eddy boards left to right and see if the problem follows. If yes it's the board

Doesn’t the Eddie board test in switch test? Yeah I would agree about testing and swapping.

1 week later
#8719 1 year ago
Quoted from Filimurz:

This was the subject of the thread “MBr Phantom Flip - not shooting correctly?” started by Richard-NBA-SF2 a year ago. The thread had only six posts so I figured the problem was just an anomaly.
Sorry to see the old Phantom of Flip is still lurking about. As a workaround I had previously installed a new eddy board with no permanent success. Also swapped eddy sensors but that wasn’t the answer either.
What does work when one or both sides fail is to simply open the coin door, reach in and manipulate the two yellow buttons on the PCB that controls the power to the eddy sensors. Tap the power all the way up and down a few times and leave it on full power (4 green lights). It’s a pain but doesn’t require removing the glass or lifting the playfield. I have attached an image of the coin door open and a second with a closeup of the PCB with the control switches visible.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

key post stuff like this. I think the OP has to?

#8723 1 year ago

that looks nice!

Was there ever a color/color code for the stock LE?

1 week later
#8729 1 year ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

Update here:
This is the solution. Mill into the part to make space for the flaps. Use a NEW mill bit, slow speed. The part is not full material - it will still curl up. Other users, who had the same problem have asked me how I had proceeded with this.
First of all mrs_mezelmods claims that I am the only one who has this problem and "they have not had this complaint before". Bottom line trying to get rid f the problem by discrediting the complaint... My distro claims I am facing this issue because of the powder coating I have on my table assembly. The powder coat is a few microns thick. Ridiculous that a factor 500 off. Of course you CAN ft this part without modification by accepting to bend it. Still doesn't make it a fitting part. Mine now fits like a charm. But if you have can't modify it and don't like a bad fit - DON'T BUY THIS.[quoted image]

Do you have a picture with on and it bending? I guess I don’t recall having the issue but maybe I didn’t realize it

#8731 1 year ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

no, because i did not install it before making space. I held it in place and noticed the problem and fixed it.
it is possible that you hav a version of the table without the lower flaps. i have never seen one like that, but in case yours doesn't have them you would not have the issue.

i'll have to see if I even took pictures of mine before I installed it. mine seems ok....but I installed it like a year ago :/

1 month later
#8752 1 year ago

man all this powder coating makes me jealous and want to do mine.

2 weeks later
#8755 1 year ago

I forgot if wms games had two windings , but I’d they do one is for holding and may of broke. You can use a multimeter to ohm the legs of the coil and verify.

1 week later
#8764 1 year ago
Quoted from indybru:

My guess it's in the menu, it's programed to reset high scores after so many plays. I have mine set at the minimum maybe 200.plays.
I do this with all my pins however some games never reset at all and I do it manually.
Cheers.

This. happened after I sold my Tron as well and the buyer was like...uhh what happened and we found it was set to X numbers of plays.

1 week later
#8774 1 year ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

I actually have both in mine. They fit with each other and are the ultimate protection...

I’ll need to snag this too. Forgot if I bought the cliffy already….

#8777 1 year ago

I can lift my pf up later this am

1 week later
#8781 1 year ago
Quoted from PinDeadHead:

I have an opportunity to buy a MB LE topper which I would sit on top of my SE. someone bought an LE then sold the topper to another Pinsider because he couldn’t fit his pin in the basement.
For SE or CE owners, what would you pay for an LE topper to make perhaps the world’s only MB CE+ or SE+?
Thx

idk I want one.

There have been a few SE i've seen with the topper. I have half the parts to create the topper, but was waiting on CCr so i could copy the base etc. I'd pay a decent amount for one ready to go.....

#8783 1 year ago

pre covid, probably 500-1000, after covid 1-2k?

1 month later
#8813 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

The trick with my machine is to get the pitch just right so that the ball doesn't get hung up on the left bride of Frank ramp wireform. Too steep and it's difficult, too low, and the ball gets stuck on a roll back weak shot. 6.5 to 7 should be fine but your particular game may need fine tuning.

Mine started doing this on the ramp. I’ll have to adjust pitch and see.

Quoted from mbrave77:

Just joined the club with a low play LE. Ive always wanted one. I cleaned waxed and then played 2 games didnt even check if it was level. Put up 600 mil and got all instruments into Monsters of Rock. Heh Im guessing that will be my best game ever....Want to make the game a bit more difficult so I will open the outlanes a bit, but what is the concensus on proper pitch for this game? 6.5?

If you bought used, I assumed you did, I always reset mine to factory. I’ve bought a few games where the prior owner had changed our lanes and settings to easy and getting to the end is fun but not every other game.

#8817 1 year ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Thanks guys. The game is also pumping out extra balls like candy. So will look at settings

Oh dang, ya mine does not do that. All factory, i think you can reset settings to factory, but if you need I can get you default settings

#8826 1 year ago
Quoted from badfish981:

Hey everyone, thinking about becoming a member as I am seriously considering a MBr SE. will this pair well with my CCr & AFMr? I have been torn between adding a MBr & a GZ pro to my small collection.

I'd say so. It plays a tad different and has a easier rule set but lots of fun. My family enjoy it more than MM even. I'll have a CCr soon..... but I'd take a full cgc remake row

#8844 1 year ago

I'll recommend the PDI decals for the stand up targets as well.

ummm ya the shaker isn't used much, more just frank.... eh, still fun but be nice if it was more. i agree.

1 week later
#8857 1 year ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

Where does this green wire plug into?
[quoted image]

i'll go look

EDIT: It runs up the PF harness and plugs to a spade on the large pcb board under the pf.

IMG_1104 (resized).jpegIMG_1104 (resized).jpegIMG_1105 (resized).jpegIMG_1105 (resized).jpegIMG_1106 (resized).jpegIMG_1106 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#8860 1 year ago
Quoted from chad:

Has Anyone made a diffuser for this strip of G.I.?
I see these are individual boards and can't change out the led.
Owner wants to try to tone down area.[quoted image]

The plastic protector set, puts a blue strip under the clear/art. I can take a pic

#8862 1 year ago
Quoted from chad:

Yes , thank you.

My bad it isn't blue, it is clear w/ some etching though so it diffuses it a little bit. Blue is on the inlanes.

IMG_1163 (resized).jpegIMG_1163 (resized).jpegIMG_1164 (resized).jpegIMG_1164 (resized).jpeg
#8873 1 year ago
Quoted from FLNetMAn62:

Morning - just received my Monster Bash (Classic Edition) and had a couple questions - btw am on V 1.02 firmware
- 3x have tilted out when Dracula is in play. Any thoughts on why this is or how to correct? No, am not hitting, shaking or doing anything to machine. Only tilts during Dracula. Have tilt setting in menu set to a 5.
- How do we reset the High scores to 0 or a non-default setting or to numbers of our choice? Went through manual, did a reset of HSTD.
- is there value in upgrading to v 1.03 firmware?
Definitely need to lower game - set at at third line up in bubble, drains awfully fast!
Any settings for newbies I should be making to help us learn to play?
Thanks!

Open the coin door and pull the interlock switch, take the glass off, play the game and get Dracula and see if the tilt Bob actually hits with Dracula. Could be just movement or something else.

Yes update the game.

You can tighten the outlines. To make it easier.

I forgot if it is in cgc menu but you may be able to edit the hs to zero resetting goes to default and those are “high”

#8878 1 year ago
Quoted from FLNetMAn62:

I took off the bob completely, vs adjusting with the screws. Seems to be OK now
Will work on the high scores...happy to have hit 135 million after 2 days of playing.
I also lowered the rear legs to be closer to 6.5 degrees, it was raised all the way up. Now a new issue: when ball comes down the right rail for the Bride and drops into the outlane, the right flipper is frozen. The system recognizes this and sends out a new ball - is this a solenoid adjustment I need to make in the settings for the right flipper? Strange that lowerings the pin would affect the flippers/lane/rails. Thanks!

by frozen, are you meaning you press the flipper and it does not flip. The flipper is stuck up either with pushing the button or not, or you let phantom flip flip for you and it doesn't work?

#8882 1 year ago
Quoted from FLNetMAn62:

as in the flipper works fine - until it goes through the ball and chain rail on right side (over dracula), and then when it drops the flipper is inactive/does nothing when you press the button. The system recognizes the issue and re-shoots the ball out. Phantom flip is off when this occurs from what I have seen.
Right Flipper works fine all other times. Just started happening when I lowered the rear legs.

Interesting. I’d be curious, Jack the game level back up and see if it goes away.

Otherwise you can disable phantom flip in menu, rhen see if that shot works. Then I would validate/verify the inlane/phantom flip switch itself. You could test by doing the ramp then on the return pick the ball up off the ramp and see if it changes your flipper behavior. But I’m guessing the inlane switch causes this

#8896 12 months ago

Can’t 12 or 5v be tapped off the game either at the front or head?

#8900 12 months ago
Quoted from FLNetMAn62:

Thank you! Disabled phantom flip and issue went away. Going to tilt back up to 7 degrees, angle slightly to the left to prevent trough from shooting SDTM, enable phantom flip to see if resolved.
We are not experts and looking to enjoy/make it easier for us old farts whose fingers tire out fast.
- With the drains on the right and left outlanes, I noticed there are two "bumpers" that can slide up and down on the outlanes just above the special. Which way should I move them to REDUCE the drain/make it easier and less drains in the outlanes...down to special, or up?
- Anyone else find ball get ALMOST up the left ball and chain rails...then comes back down? seems like it slows down as it makes the turn to go up to the rails.
- Any other adjustments for us to make it easier as we learn the game? solenoid adjustments to making flippers stronger, etc.?
We have hit Monster Bash a few times via the trough, have not gotten Monster Rock (most we collected was 3 instruments), we hit 115 million- 125 million 3 times but nothing higher. Watching youtube videos too, but need to tweak machine and setting first. [quoted image]

With phantom flip disabled and the game works, I would visually inspect the inlane switches and the eddie switches. Then also test them in test with a physical ball, and see if they work. I wonder if there is a phantom flip in test mode? Potentially there is an issue with the phantom flip switch.

Slide the bumper/posts down to reduce drains out the sides

Yes, I get a handful of ball roll backs off the left ramp, your pitch may have something to do with that too, maybe making sure the game isn't so high. 6.5 common.

I have my game at full default and haven't gotten 100 million. But I don't play too much. Can't think of anything I really tweaked, I may have to check my left ramp as a ball got stuck once but it is so rare I don't see it enough to care.....yet.

1 week later
#8919 11 months ago
Quoted from Oaken:

I like to cradle on left flipper then tap it to roll towards the left tip. As it rolls back, you can backhand it to creature. Then when it dribbles out, you catch and repeat.
Once you get that dialed in, it’s very consistent. When not dialed in…yikes.

That was going to be my suggestion too. probably need a leveled pf to do so, but seems to be best from left flipper.

1 week later
#8928 11 months ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Does anyone know if they will be making more classic or special edition games?

I don’t think there was ever talk of making more MBr’s

#8930 11 months ago
Quoted from zaki:

I think it was medieval madness they said was being made this year. Wonder if still happening.

Ya, MM was spike of and still planned but I bet it may of moved to next year… however cgc may finally have more line(s).

Added 11 months ago:

spoke*

2 weeks later
#8940 10 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Focus on getting real good at the Creature mode; that and Bride can be the most challenging modes to hit all the shots in time. Use Monster Bombs for your FIRST shot so you don't forget to use it.
Save Frank or Dracula for last because while they are fairly easy, they are super risky
that said, if you start all 5 other monsters and then start Frank you get a "666!" (66,600 points or something like that) bonus. WAY lame of an award for such a tough thing to do.

Yes! This is pretty much what I was told to do.

Get all monsters like 1 shot away then try to start everything and then frank. So it is a multiball. Hardest for me is bride and creature. I usually can get a few running with frank on a good game but man it is enjoyable trying and getting a few going. Also monster bombs I assume are the items you get that spot monster shots? I use those a lot aka shoot button is blinking when in a monsters mode.I also try to hit the spinner shot a ton to get that mode/multiball going.

1 week later
#8947 10 months ago
Quoted from dtmail209:

Picked up my first pin ever, MB remake SE! Family is loving it - what a great game!
Has old code on it and want to update to help the popper/SDTM issue. I have the file downloaded and ready based on the instructions below, but just wanted to check in. Any reason I should not run this update? Pretty straight forward or any tips beyond what CGC has published? ….first pin and just don’t want to brick it. Thanks!
https://www.chicago-gaming.com/coinop/monster-bash/update/mac

should be pretty straight forward as long as the beagle bone sees the sd card.

#8957 10 months ago
Quoted from dtmail209:

Thanks. Yeah didn’t want to start removing stuff if that won’t work. Will look at the guides down first. Thanks!

Hard to tell but you could see if your drac has the feet or no feet and swap to the no foot drac if so

#8959 10 months ago
Quoted from mostater:

All the remakes should have the half feet style, I believe. If only drac could be angled a bit more to his left that would probably help. I don't think that is possible, though.

Ya, then orbit adjustment. I’ve had to bend my MMr right orbit guide as the ball would hit a post sleeve and sdtm

#8961 10 months ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

I found that increasing the pitch to about 7.25 degrees helped the drac foot problem a lot. It also reduced a problem I had with the ball occasionally getting stuck at the "u-turn" on the left side bride ramp.

Oh ya, I need to check mine as well

2 weeks later
#9006 9 months ago
Quoted from gorditas:

I recently bought a game that came with the Brian Allen alternate translite. I prefer the original art. Anyone in the club interested before I list it at large? I'd rather it go in a game than on a wall.
[quoted image]

You going mirrored bg?

#9042 9 months ago
Quoted from Swoods5688:

Yes i did, i used the .img file

what kind of computer are you making the SD card on? what size sd card, what brand sd card?

1 week later
#9045 9 months ago
Quoted from Mully911:

Hey All,
Looking to add some WS2812 RGB LEDs to the GI circuit. I looked everywhere in the manual and forums. Can someone help me with these questions please?
1) What is the GI voltage?
2) What is the GI harness wire color to signal designation?
+V = color?
Gnd = color?
Din = color?
?? = function?[quoted image]

IIRC there are "two" style of rgb, one uses serial aka I think what you want to use, and one is all or nothing and that is what cgc uses.

#9048 9 months ago
Quoted from Mully911:

I understand what you mean now. The GI LED's used in MBr SE and LE GI lighting are 4 wire non addressable RGB lights. This means they are all connected together in parallel and all RGB LED colors are the same for that GI section.
So if the GI wiring follows normal 4 wire color code: Is this correct??
White with RED stripe wire = +12V
RED wire = RED color input signal
GREEN wire = GREEN color input signal
BLUE wire = BLUE color input signal

Iirc , yes. A year ago I figured it all out for something and would have to look again, but ya that seems correct

2 weeks later
#9068 8 months ago

zomg i'm gonna throw a spring washer in mine... thanks!

#9083 8 months ago
Quoted from dtmail209:

Anyone had success reorienting / bending the rail that runs down to draq and his damn foot? I have it now that balls moving at a fast rate don’t hit it; but balls going slow chunk off his foot and head for the middle of the flippers.
I don’t see exactly how to loosen and reorient that rail - any advice on if it’s possible and the best way to do it?
Thanks!

you'd have to remove the plastics and unscrew, otherwise if you HAVE to adjust, you can bend it with pliers. others may have suggestions, but can you take slowmo video of the ball traveling to verify?

#9086 8 months ago
Quoted from dtmail209:

Thanks for the help. Getting to the rail was pretty easy, three screws. I have it temporarily set and working great, but need to spend some time on a permanent solution

Ive had to bend my MMr right orbit guide as it likes to bend/lean behind the rubber post. once you hit the orbit the ball rolls around, hits the rubber and likes to go SDTM.... annnnnoying.

#9097 8 months ago
Quoted from WombatPinball:

Yes, I’m aware that CGC is working on other things too and that there are other users being out to the Bally/Williams licensing. I will be pretty sad if in fact CGC does not do any further remakes though. I did find it strange though that MBr seemingly only had the one run of it and there wasn’t ever a second.

MBr sold like crap, it didn’t sell out and sat for 1yr +? Right when I went to buy an LE they were “sold out” and prices had jumped.

Quoted from KidDynamite:

Has anyone installed one of these in their remake? Any thoughts on appearance and fit for it?
https://classicplayfields.com/shop/pinball-backglasses/mb/

Many have, i was waiting to see how my CCr mirrors bg was before getting the others. Seems to look good so I’ll put it on my list. Do you have questions about it?

#9102 8 months ago
Quoted from KidDynamite:

Cool, is the CCr mirrored backglass the same manufacturer as the Monster Bash? Also, I’m curious to know if the MB mirrored glass fits okay in the remake if you do end up getting one.

Yup, cpr, fit fine in the stock remake trim. I thought MMr has some fitment issues in the original trim? But haven’t done mine on MMr yet

#9114 8 months ago
Quoted from KidDynamite:

Couple questions:
1) Are Frank’s arms supposed to be up or down when he’s lying down? I place pics of the 3 possible positions.
2) Is the Mummy supposed to buzz when active? Sarcophagus appears to function perfect.
Thanks, guys. You’ve been a big help so far.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Down
And mummy may have a buzz when the coil is active. Depends on what is buzzing and how loud

#9117 8 months ago
Quoted from KidDynamite:

Thanks, guys. Are the arms on Frank supposed to be partway down or all the way down with the tab inside the back of his head?

I’ll go snap a pic, but the tab should go through the table.

Edit: ha I’m wrong, the arms do go “down” but not down like I thought. They still stay elevated when he lays down.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#9129 7 months ago
Quoted from Mully911:

Music question...is it possible to turn off the music rif that plays in between players? We usually have several games going at once and that repetitive music becomes annoying if your busy on another game. What problems huh?

May be attract? Try turning that but the music between players and a ball waiting may be normal music so you’d need to pop the coin door and turn it down or mute switch

Quoted from dtmail209:

Curious where everyone keep their outline posts? All the way up; middle; all the way down? Thanks!

Mine default, game is rough! Idk my game maybe I should move them down to make it enjoyable….. wife would probably like it more and maybe I could actually get far

2 weeks later
#9135 7 months ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

Has anyone installed the real glass backglass from Marco into their MBr?
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/31-1357-50065-G
I think this is the same as the CPR backglass.
I have had issues with having the correct size trim set to fit with the real backglasses since they tend to be fairly thick.
RM

Not MBr but I put in a cpr glass on ccr. It fit but the trim was tight.

4 weeks later
#9175 6 months ago

I took my MBr apart some months ago and lost the screws for the pf. One for the guide rail and two for the green plastic. Anyone know what screws those are? Seem like #6 hex wood screws? Maybe 3/8” :/

Thanks!

IMG_2376 (resized).jpegIMG_2376 (resized).jpeg
#9178 6 months ago
Quoted from SiN13:

What is this extra image of plants and fish you have around your creature lagoon window?

Mod/sticker I was working on……

EDIT: if you notice, it is like the original CFTBL.....

#9180 6 months ago

Issue resolved in text messages.

Hardware store trip complete thanks!

1 week later
#9202 5 months ago

I was lucky enough to be a tester for this mod. If he ever makes it commercially available I recommend it!!
northvibe
Richard
[quoted image]

Thanks Richard!

I want to start an interest list for this decal and then I can go to the print shop to get them made if it makes sense. The decal is professionally printed. Art is on the back side w/ white behind the art and clear where there is no art. This decal was to mimic/throw back to the original CFTBL decal. The colors match the original decal not the art on the MB playfield, just be aware. This will fit on both the original and remake of MB. This would be $20 USD plus shipping. If I remember other decals they ship in envelope w/ cardstock sandwiching the decal. That may make some sense for some, but if there is any worry on bending it, the small usps box is an option too.

To install you will have to remove the green plastic from the game.

#9204 5 months ago
Quoted from SiN13:

Is the above image representative of the final product? Please don't take offense but I'm asking this because of the aliased bits of white around the edges of the art. I would expect all that white to be masked out with a clean edge between the black outlines of the art and the transparent parts of the decal.

OH dang, I thought that was original, the white blocks/8bit looking white, but looking at my scans it is not. Well if the printer cannot make it better, then I won't sell them.

1 week later
#9220 5 months ago
Quoted from eroomnek:

Just replaced the shooter lane switch, since it was sitting too high and the balls eventually broke it when being fed, but I am still seeing another issue that maybe someone has already seen. When in multi-ball, sometimes the ball will sit in the shooter lane and not be auto fed to the play field. I know the new switch is working. What is the feedback to the plunger to auto shoot the ball besides the switch? I checked the optos in the ball feed and all function. Could this be an issue with the auto plunger? It would not fire the ball when I pressed it during multi-ball. Any help is appreciated.

In test verify
All trough switch/optos
Shooter lane switch
Plunger coil

Make sure the game in test is seeing all those to verify a ball drain, knows how many balls it has in the trough and in the shooter lane.

I forgot if the wms trough has a jam opto too

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.95
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

12,125 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Paul, MN
Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
$ 210.00
£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider northvibe.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-remake-mbr-owners-club?tu=northvibe and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.