(Topic ID: 222461)

Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)

By MrSanRamon

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,328 posts
  • 732 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 hours ago by FullTilt83
  • Topic is favorited by 277 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)”

• I'm in on a CE 77 votes
    9%
  • I'm in on a SE 172 votes
    21%
  • I'm in on a LE 396 votes
    48%
  • I'm out for now 182 votes
    22%

(827 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wire switch 2 (resized).jpg
R orbit switch (resized).jpg
IMG_4951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4943 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0464 (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
IMG_3190 (resized).jpeg
Wolfman (resized).jpg
IMG_2467 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4014 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231111_165525077 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20231112-165133 (resized).png
20231110_123120 (resized).jpg
20231105_122730 (resized).jpg
94B393B7-CB09-4AFB-A166-CF0EC7F7F9A0 (resized).jpeg
3D150F78-A1C1-4B31-A9FA-00031163D7C1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #4230 Potential fix for SDTM from scoop. Posted by Reznnate (5 years ago)

Post #5928 Frankenstein switch adjustment tips Posted by MGM2 (4 years ago)

Post #6026 Links to STDM Tweaks Posted by Oaken (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mrfp.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#763 5 years ago

Mine arrived today - it is set up and just warming up a bit before we turn it on.

#779 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

The Devil is in the details... CE, SE, LE? Be specific man, lives are on the line!

SE, played perfectly right out of the box. The lighting and sound are awesome! The DMD looks fantastic. The only changes I made to the default settings was to put on a ball save (default was none) and I also set the strength of the auto plunger and flippers to MIN. Every once in a while, the ball comes out in the middle of the right bride ramp which is the only issue I've seen so far. I ordered it thru PinStar Amusements.

#821 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballGalore:

how's the phantom flip feature working for everyone? smooth ? accurate?

So far, so good with the phantom flip!

#1007 5 years ago
Quoted from Bronty:

Anybody know why there is no ball save on the remake? The manual says its .02 in the adjustments menu, but the menu skips from .01 to .03... its just not there.
Did previous remakes ship that way?

My manual says A2.01 is Ball Saves, A2.02 is Ball Save Time. So, maybe you have to set ball saves as 'On' in A2.01 (my default was Off) and then A2.02 Ball Save Time will be there.

What does your manual say that A2.01 is?

#1050 5 years ago
Quoted from PicklePerfect:

Are there different versions of the manual out there? My manual says A2.16 should be Phantom Flip ball save but that setting is no where to be found in my settings. It's a shame because I really want to enable said setting.

I was going to post the same thing. I want to enable that, but I see the same thing you see. It's in my manual, but not in the settings.

#1079 5 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

I only have the Original Manual and it says it's in Feature Adjustments: A.2.16.
Are you looking in "Feature Adjustments"?
Robert

Yes, the manual says it is A.2.16, it is not there when you actually look on the machine. I'll have to check, but A.2.16 is something else

2 weeks later
#1700 5 years ago
Quoted from Cyrus:

I have three different spots on my ramp where the ball flies out. I’m at a perfect pitch and even light shots are being affected. Going to open a ticket with CG and see what they say. Batman66 had a big problem with ball flying off of the curve on the left ramp. Stern quickly sent out a fix. Hope CG has some suggestions because this is messed up.

I am having issues with both ramps, although right ramp is worse. Curious to hear what they say.

#1712 5 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

Dial back the power on your flippers.

That's the first thing I did. I also raised the back up as high as possible - that helped some, but still happens.

#1719 5 years ago
Quoted from mrfp:

That's the first thing I did. I also raised the back up as high as possible - that helped some, but still happens.

Actually, i relooked at the coil adjustment menu/manual - except for the flipper, all the other coils have 4 settings - Min, Default, +1 and Max. I didn't realize flipper had way more adjustments. I set it to -11 and played a few games without any balls flying off. I could get a rhythm of going left to right that I couldn't get before with the ball flying off so much. Played 4 games with the lower strength and then put up a 256 million score on my 5th game, so doesn't seem to negatively impact play otherwise.

If anyone else has dialed down their flipper strength, what did you set it at?

The only other coil setting I have changed is the auto plunger strength - put it on Min.

1 week later
#2065 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I totally understand that scenario....I was just wondering if you open the box if theres no visual damage. I've never opened the box if theres no sign of external damage so was wondering if thats not a good process.

When mine was delivered, box looked fine. I told delivery guy my distributor said to not accept until I opened it and inspected it, but the delivery guy said no dice. He said if the box looks fine (which it did) he would not wait around for me to open it. If I didn't want to sign, he had no problem leaving with it in his truck. Everything was fine. It was my first NIB delivery, so I didn't know who to listen to, but delivery guy won that battle.

#2128 5 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

Joe PinballStar sends you emails leading up to your delivery saying the following:
FYI - I have had a recent small run of shipping damage issues - carefully check the box for damage / holes / major crushing, etc... I would even suggest if there is not damage to the box - OPEN THE BOX up and inspect the game to whatever extent you feel necessary to taking it all the way out and making sure it's ok BEFORE you sign and accept it. I've had a few concealed damage issues lately where there is no damage to the box but where the game is damaged - from small scuffs / cosmetic, to backboxes damages, pf glass broken, siderails smashed, etc.. from a drop off a forklift or a tip over... who knows... Once you sign for it you are on your own and the game is yours as is - I am unable to help in any way past that point... If you aren't satisfied with something - DO NOT SIGN and REFUSE to accept it - send it back.. or try to call me XXX-XXX-XXXX. The driver is not going anywhere until you sign for it - he'll wait... That said, the issues are in the minority, but I just want you properly prepared.
I'm sure he sends that email to everyone, but I think its pretty clear what is expected of you during the handover.

Yeah, I ordered mine thru PinballStar and that's the email I got. I am glad everything worked out, but Joe and my delivery guy definitely were not on the same page as far as the inspection. I guess if there is a next time, when the delivery company calls me to schedule delivery, I'll read to them the email and see what they say. If they don't agree, then I'll call Joe and get it straightened out. Waiting till delivery time to try and resolve that was too late.

1 week later
#2735 5 years ago
Quoted from flamehead:

Yes but I didn’t see any obvious setting from there

It is pretty clear how to do it in the user manual

1 month later
#4049 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Okay, a brief update... Long story short CGC made good, and I have my monster bash and its working really nice. They went above and beyond, and were total pros and aces and great attitude. So while I was most likely a customer for life, it further cemented that for me.
Now, I just need to tweak and get all the nasty bugs out of my game... Which will be saved for a future post...
I do have a question. I lowered flipper strength by 1.
But, my machine is a 6.5 level... Thinking of raising it a bit.
I don't really get airballs now during normal gameplay...
But, during frank MB frank really sets them flying.
If I raise the pitch to a 7 or 7.5 will that be cut down?

Most people have flipper strength on -6 or so.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

12,125 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Paul, MN
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Greeley, CO
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
$ 12.95
$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.99
Playfield - Plastics
Pinhead mods

£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mrfp.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-remake-mbr-owners-club?tu=mrfp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.