(Topic ID: 222461)

Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)

By MrSanRamon

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,332 posts
  • 732 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by KingMixer
  • Topic is favorited by 277 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)”

• I'm in on a CE 77 votes
    9%
  • I'm in on a SE 172 votes
    21%
  • I'm in on a LE 396 votes
    48%
  • I'm out for now 182 votes
    22%

(827 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wire switch 2 (resized).jpg
R orbit switch (resized).jpg
IMG_4951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4943 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0464 (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
IMG_3190 (resized).jpeg
Wolfman (resized).jpg
IMG_2467 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4014 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231111_165525077 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20231112-165133 (resized).png
20231110_123120 (resized).jpg
20231105_122730 (resized).jpg
94B393B7-CB09-4AFB-A166-CF0EC7F7F9A0 (resized).jpeg
3D150F78-A1C1-4B31-A9FA-00031163D7C1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #4230 Potential fix for SDTM from scoop. Posted by Reznnate (5 years ago)

Post #5928 Frankenstein switch adjustment tips Posted by MGM2 (4 years ago)

Post #6026 Links to STDM Tweaks Posted by Oaken (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mostater.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7116 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Are your guys playfields virtually covered in dimples? I don’t really mind it but I want to make sure that it is normal for this game to dimple a lot.

Yep, lots of dimpling here, too. Particularly near and around Frank.

1 month later
#7225 3 years ago
Quoted from DazedandConfused:

I recently picked up a MBr LE. Having a blast with it, but have a few kinks to work out. My son and I have noticed that the sinkhole ejects the ball straight down the drain about 30-40% of the time, a real bummer. Is this by intention? I would rather have 100% of the balls come out somewhere playable. Can anyone suggest a fix? I am wondering if I did not get the legs of the table even when I assembled it, so it may be draining to the right of how it was programmed.
Thanks to all of you who have written great posts on MB.

I had the same issue and increasing the popper strength took care of it. It is an easy solution and definitely one to try first.

#7230 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

do your side rails have counter sunk screws along them? Is this a new thing for CGC? A lot of older photos of the games show smooth rails (no screws).

Yes, mine do. But I'm not sure if this is new for CGC. I would have guessed no since the remakes have stayed pretty close to the original in many ways and I would have assumed that applied to the cabinet hardware.

1 week later
#7256 3 years ago

Found this part just now. Looks like a C clip maybe?? Any one know where it might have fallen off from?

15986342339073730565901084968383 (resized).jpg15986342339073730565901084968383 (resized).jpg
#7260 3 years ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

I always imagine looking straight up at the bottom of the playfield and see what is there.

Looks like it fell under the slings more or less. And it could be a portion of a spring that broke off as others have mentioned and not a clip. It has the same or similar diameter as the springs on the slingshots, but those springs look fine. I even counted the # of "loops" on each and got the same count. The game plays fine. So, I dunno... The search continues.

#7265 3 years ago
Quoted from Lou-E-Gee:

Are the mirror side blades easy to remove? Are they glued on?
I'm looking to add side blade art to my Monster Bash, but it has mirror blades already, should I just apply it over the mirror? Thoughts?

The mirror blades are probably screwed in at the bottom. Should be easy to check by lifting up the pf. The mirrors take up a fair amount of room. Adding art blades over them *may* work, but taking off the mirrors would make scratches less likely.

2 weeks later
#7317 3 years ago
Quoted from tpoeckh:

I had this issue on my MMr. Anti-rattle tape on the glass edges fixed it.
https://pu-parts.com/anti-rattle-tape-for-pinball-games

Same rattling issue here. I had some felt tape laying around for a different project (bought off Amazon) and that worked. Had to cut the tape to size, though.

1 week later
#7337 3 years ago

While cleaning the playfield, I managed to pop off the cover on one of the GI lights. Does anyone know if those covers just snap back on somehow or did I actually break it?

Capture (resized).PNGCapture (resized).PNG
#7339 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Better to just replace it. Lift the playfield, and unscrew from underneath. Usually those little tops are glued on

I was thinking that would be the case so I started searching for the part on Marco and Comet but no luck. The part # is PIN-LMP-LEDRGB per the manual. I'll keep looking, but if that fails I may just end up gluing the top back on.

#7341 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Isn't it just a #44 bayonet style bulb?

Not sure at the moment and I didn't get a chance to look under the playfield yet. Unfortunately my online search has yet to uncover any LED color-changing RGB style bulb with that starburst type of cover. This is about the nearest I can find, but none are color-changing https://www.cometpinball.com/products/faceted-bulbs

1 week later
#7387 3 years ago
Quoted from CHIEF1893:

Hello, does anyone know the official powdercoat color for LE trim? Thanks in advance!

On the CGC flyer it is described as "Electric Blue Metallic". Not sure if there is a more official name than that.

#7390 3 years ago
Quoted from brian-allen:

Hi everyone, hope it's OK to post this here -
I just created new Monster Bash Side Art Blades fit for all Monster Bash machines using my hand-drawn artwork, and I wanted to share them with you.

Those blades are awesome!! I just purchased and installed different blades and am now regretting it...

2 weeks later
#7487 3 years ago
Quoted from PinRush72:

Stupid question. New MBLE owner. Where is the adjustment exactly to set the scoop coil for max power? I didn’t see it when going through and scoop shoots sdtm every time.
[quoted image]

It is on the next page under Game Features Menu....

Capture (resized).PNGCapture (resized).PNG
#7489 3 years ago
Quoted from PinRush72:

L eject strength ?

I believe it is the right popper coil. I think the left one is referring to the creature.

2 weeks later
#7565 3 years ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

Anyone else having their plastic rubbing on the heads of the post screws and getting scratched? I'll probably put some washers in to create a gap. Seems like a poor design, having the plastic resting on top of a screw head.
[quoted image]

Yes, and in the exact same spot as shown in the pic. I have not noticed this happening elsewhere, though.

#7570 3 years ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

Funny email exchange with my local glass company:
Me: "Do you guys have available anything like this specifically for pinball machines? I'd like prices for normal and anti-reflective glass.
https://cointaker.com/products/hd-anti-reflection-pinball-glass
Thanks
Ron"
---------------------
Glass Co: "Hey Ron. We have a Non-Glare glass which works against reflections and only partial UV blockage, but it is not the conservation grade UV protection you may be looking for. This glass is just under a 1/16” thick and goes for $7.95 plus tax per square foot. A standard, 1/16” clear float glass goes for $3.75 plus tax per square foot."
---------------------
Me: "Something is horribly, comically wrong here. I'm pretty sure that glass isn't 1/16" thick. Picking up and handling a sheet 1/16" think that is 21" x 43" seems impossible without breaking. I'm pretty sure it's not "specifically for pinball machines". And I'm also pretty sure that whatever glass you're suggesting would burst into a million eye destroying pieces when a pinball hits it at speed during a game and I'm staring directly at it.
Perhaps we can try this again? I don't mean to sound snarky. I just know this is way, way off.
Thanks
Ron"
I think I'll wait for the next post-Covid show and pick up a sheet or two then

Too funny! That's about 3X too thin, for sure. I am interested in hearing what your glass company says in reply. Could be a heck of a lot cheaper going through a local glass company instead.

2 weeks later
#7619 3 years ago

I was in the middle of a game and this screw comes rolling onto the playfield. Look like it rolled out of the mosh pit spinner general area. It resembles the screws that are along the border of the playfield...I don't see any like this anywhere else on the playfield. I even looked in the back box to see if maybe one came loose in there and somehow fell onto the playfield but did not notice anything.
Capture 1 (resized).JPGCapture 1 (resized).JPG

I noticed these 2 posts (circled). Not sure if something is supposed to screw into each, but I don't think so. The screw does fit into the posts, yet both posts are lacking and only the 1 screw was found.
Capture 2 (resized).JPGCapture 2 (resized).JPG

Any thoughts? I'll keep looking. The game plays fine and I don't see or hear anything loose. Very interesting yet confusing. It had to come from somewhere...

#7637 3 years ago
Quoted from Jeffster:

So I took your advice and did pull out the high power interlock switch and then tested the coffin and it does open and close repeatedly during the test. Sooooo, in a month of playing we've only noticed it opening once and does not open when it should during play. Anything else I might try but kind of weird that it works fine during the solenoid test. Thanks in advance for any info!

We had a somewhat similar situation. Mummy mode would start but the coffin would not open. I could see it try to open on occasion. It would work fine during testing. I ended up checking connections. I can't recall exactly everywhere I poked around but I was under the playfield as well as in the back box making sure that all connections were snug. It worked fine after that so I must have got lucky. It's been about 6 months without an issue.

#7648 3 years ago
Quoted from Jigfrog:

When you power on the pin... there is that "BONG" noise... then around 4 noises... those 4 noises have stopped happening. No error messages or anything... just one day they stopped. Might have stopped after I fixed the center spinner. Are those 4 noises normal? I can't even explain what they sounded like.... "zzng zzzng zzzng zzzng"

Yea...just the loud BONG is normal. Not the 4 zzng's.

2 weeks later
#7669 3 years ago

The wire actuator on the switch that sits behind Frank broke off. I plan on getting a new switch. Has anyone else had to replace this? I'm not particularly skilled at soldering, which is how the wires to the current switch is attached, and was wondering if it is possible to crimp a couple female quick connects to the wire instead. Would that work or do I need to go with the soldering approach?

switch assembly (resized).JPGswitch assembly (resized).JPG
2 weeks later
#7696 3 years ago
Quoted from Purdue:

Is CGC still making MBR or any of their remakes or were they all pre-sale? Can you still get one new?

I'm pretty sure that AFMr is still available from distributors. I'm not sure about MBr, but I think some of those are still out there, too.

#7704 3 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

anyone have an issue where when a new ball gets put in the shooter lane the auto launch button doesn't work for a second or two? full disclosure, i just put one of those plastic protectors in there. maybe the ball isn't sitting down enough for the switch to register or it's catching on the plastic a bit. i'll see if anything is going on there.

Yes, I've had this issue and for the same reason (shooter lane protector). I had to bend the actuator up slightly so that the ball would activate the switch on roll over. Probably want to verify that is the issue with a switch test first.

2 weeks later
#7801 3 years ago
Quoted from SwissMTNAlien:

New issue with my Monster Bash SE:
Drac stays in his coffin when you first get Drac Attack and start the clip. He does come out eventually but seems to be moving less than normal. I also noticed the ball will stay in the scoop when Drac Attack mode is active for abnormally long times (not always) before finally shooting out.
Any ideas?

As weaverj mentioned, cycle through Drac's position and maybe that test will sort it out. A ball hit into the scoop may take longer to eject if Drac is anywhere near the opening of the scoop. Drac has to vacate the area before the scoop will eject the ball.

#7837 3 years ago
Quoted from smaynard:

I have Monster Bash remake SE. Left kickback has started to work randomly during gameplay and about 1 in 3 times when you use either flipper. seems to be getting more frequently as well. Helpfully adds 110 to score each time it does it... so if i go for long enough (days probably....) a new high score is mine...... any assistance would be much appreciated. (please make it as simple as possible, this is my first machine and i haven't got to grips with the technicals yet)

I had a similar issue. Had to adjust the spacing between the leafs on the slingshot. They were too close. I used the side that wasn't having an issue as a reference. It took 2 or 3 tries to get the spacing just right but have not had issue since. I'm not sure if this is something that was caused by an excessively hard hit to the slingshot or just happens over the course of time from repeated hits.

1 week later
#7863 3 years ago

Has anyone replaced the scoop protector, and, if so, what steps are needed? I made an attempt this weekend. I thought I just had to remove that one post, pop off the old one, and then put in the cliffy, but it seemed like it was much more involved than that. To get access to the post and the old protector, I had loosened the right ramp to get it out of the way and removed the orange light attached to the lower bumper just above the scoop. The protector wouldn't budge though. Does the scoop itself need to be removed from under the playfield, too?

1 week later
#7919 3 years ago
Quoted from nerdygrrl:

Really? I don't know how you or your family build houses or work with any kind of wood and then pitch this theory. Let alone why anyone would take you seriously with anything you say after.

100%. Not looking for perfection. I was just shocked by how bad this PF is. We're talking damn near 100 dimples under 2k plays. Not 2, 3, 4 or even a dozen after a decade plus of play. That is the big difference here. I was shocked given my routed MB with close to 10K plays PF was fine and I know this because I did a topside teardown, not because of some magical gloss in the paint or clear. It wasn't dimpled.
And I know of a few folks that have received replacement PF's for clear and other issues which is why I asked. It was a pretty simple question, some decided to respond in the usual Pinside douche baggery.
Again, thank you all for your input.

Hey nerdygrrl, did you make the request to CGC for a new PF and did you get a response? Just curious about the outcome if you did.

1 week later
#7963 3 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

Which is really a shame, because as you said, good players will avoid using the phantom flip - because it really just sucks.
I wonder if it could have been made more accurate if it only tried to learn to make the bride ramp shots, rather than trying to learn how to make a bunch of different shots. I'd have much preferred a reliable ramp shot, over an un-reliable everything.

There is a definitely a risk/reward to the phantom flip and I've cursed at it on more occasions than I like to admit. Lately, though, it seems to be hitting ramp shots really well and so I try to use it mostly just on bride. I believe it hit 4 ramp shots successfully on my last game until ball momentum changed just slightly to throw it off. But it was fun to watch while it was working.

1 month later
#8028 2 years ago

Last night I had a good game, but something interesting happened that I have not encountered before.

I was in the middle of monster bash multiball working on my last instrument to collect (creature sax). I was able to do that, but that lit the monsters of rock during the monster bash mode. I then subsequently shot a ball into the scoop which started monsters of rock mode. So rather than just let the monster bash mode finish before qualifying monsters of rock, it went right into it. I assume this is how the code works, but find it a little odd. I think it assigned all my points earned during monster bash to monsters of rock, too...I ended up with 274 million for monsters of rock (I've never broken 200 million on monsters of rock prior to that). So at least I was able to get the "ASR" initials off the machine!

#8033 2 years ago

Has anyone added the spotlights available from Comet Pinball in your MBr? https://www.cometpinball.com/products/spotlight-kit
I'm looking at adding 1 or 2 of these to light up the middle of the playfield and just curious how well they work in MBr, do they look OK, and if there are difficulties or nuances to consider when installing.

#8041 2 years ago
Quoted from moat-pin:

I’m traveling so just have few pics on my phone. These aren’t the best pics but can see difference.

Nice! Those pinstadiums work well, for sure. They light up the whole playfield. I was looking for a less expensive option with the spotlights, which would be focused on the bottom half of the pf. Does anyone have pics of spotlights installed on their MBr?

2 weeks later
#8060 2 years ago
Quoted from chickenscratch:

Just bought my first pin (finally!) as I have tons of room in the new house, and went with MBRe SE and what a fun/amazing machine/experience! While my wife isn’t really a gamer, outside of pool and some potential interest in MTGA, she did play the pin last night and had a mixture of fun and stress lol. One great thing to come of it was her idea of “let’s not put the TV in the arcade and instead have 8 pins lined up;” music to my ears!
Anyways, my question has to do with the supposedly non-existent magnets, as way early in this thread they were discussed and found not to exist. However, and I may just be ignorant, I see what appears to be magnet activity all the time, especially around the flippers and the CD on the playfield. I can only describe the ball movement as obvious magnet-like deflection as the ball passes through the area at lower speeds. What am I seeing here if not magnets; is it just the coils for the flippers creating some (un)intentional magnetic field? Cheers!

Yes, no magnets in MB. If you're noticing erratic movement, I would clean the pf and/or replace the balls. Lots of people do not use the balls that come with the machine opting for some that are supposedly of higher quality.

#8065 2 years ago
Quoted from chickenscratch:

Which aftermarket balls are ones enjoying these days?

Variety of places to buy from and lots of discussion on which is the best and why. I buy them in bulk from Pinball Life. Regardless from where you purchase, just periodically check them to make sure there are no nicks or scratches that can mess up the pf.

https://www.pinballlife.com/1-116-pinball-standard-size.html
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/PB116
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/PB116-SJ5

#8089 2 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Its been nothing but negative sh*t on this thread for a bit. Let's talk about how sweet this game is ! So much fun , great rewarding shots , great call outs and more .

Agree. This pin hits all the marks! Love the theme, shots, and code. I can't imagine ever letting it go.

#8097 2 years ago
Quoted from Adams:

[quoted image]
I keep getting balls stuck when hit too hard up the mummy ramp. They fly out of the ramp and land on the plastic in the back, then roll down and get stuck: sitting on the plastic, wedged between the wire ramp and the cabinet (picture attached).
Anyone else have this issue or know how to fix?
Thanks in advance
-Adam

Occasionally I will have a ball fly off of that ramp, too, but never to get stuck like yours. The only solution that I have seen posted is to turn down the flipper strength. It would be nice if there was a mod available that replaced that top plastic piece with something more substantial (thicker plastic, metal,...). I've thought about zip tying it down and may try that some day.

1 month later
#8123 2 years ago
Quoted from bossk4hire:

How much does the shaker motor add to the game? I'm trading for a SE this weekend. I'm pretty pumped!

I think the shaker is well-used in this game, e.g. when bashing Frank or when Mummy's coffin opens. I highly recommend it.

1 week later
#8142 2 years ago
Quoted from cloggedDrain:

BUT ... somehow I reset all of my high scores! This is the second time it's happened, I have no idea what I did. Is there some sort of button combination or something?

I don't know if this is the same issue that I ran into, but my scores reset after 2000 games played. This can be changed in the menu system. I'm not sure what else would cause that to happen short of manually resetting them. Maybe a battery issue?

3 weeks later
#8179 2 years ago
Quoted from Tallon:

I’m planning on adding post lights and some extra trough and spot lights.

Tallon Where are you planning to get the spotlights?

1 month later
#8239 2 years ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

Do I have the most up to date code here?
Thanks![quoted image]

Yes, I believe that is the most up-to-date code available.

#8240 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

What size cliffy did people get for creature on the remake?
Did anyone put Mylar the shooter lane?

I thought about mylar but opted for a shooter lane protector instead.

I wasn't aware cliffy had something for creature, let alone something in different sizes. If you meant cliffy for the scoop, then I recommend the thinner style version. I have the thicker one and it covers up a bit more artwork...plus the side that runs along the inner mosh pit lane has a slight edge to it that occasionally messes with the ball trajectory no matter how much I try to flatten it.

3 weeks later
#8294 2 years ago
Quoted from Photopin:

I installed a shaker motor a while back and since then it's been like 'Is that it????'. I even checked to make sure it was set at it's strongest but it just doesn't do much. Is that the case with this machine?

Mine is clearly noticeable and I don't believe I have it on the highest setting either. Have you messed around with the setting in the CGC menu?

#8302 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

If I recall, it goes off in the pops, when Frank’s table is hit and when the game ends. Might be a few more instances, but it’s not much more active than that.

The shaker does seem to be a bit less utilized than in other pins, but I feel they've done a really good job integrating it where they have. I particularly like how well it sinks up with the mummy coffin opening. All multiballs seem to have robust shaking when those modes start up, too.

2 months later
#8460 2 years ago

I'm guessing it is a piece of mylar that gets placed right in front of the left eject to prevent wear around that hole. The dimensions seem a bit off but the ball really only rolls along the center between the guides so maybe that is why??

4 weeks later
#8493 2 years ago
Quoted from Swoods5688:

Just joined the club what did everyone do for side blades or mirror blades?
[quoted image][quoted image]

I don't have these on my machine, but I wish I did.... Brian Allen has some awesome art blades for MB https://www.flylanddesigns.com/product/monster-bash-art-blades-for-pinball-machines/

1 month later
#8568 2 years ago
Quoted from radium:

Monster Bash toilet paper holder, $79
[quoted image]

Ha! I think a mummy toilet paper holder would be more appropriate, though.

2 weeks later
#8601 1 year ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

The weather striping worked! YES!!! the ball launches out to the left slingshot nearly every time now. phew!

The ball from the scoop is hitting the left sling and not the left flipper? Ideally it should hit the left flipper. Still, though, congrats as anything is better than SDTM.

2 months later
#8629 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I threw in the towel and stopped fighting the erratic scoop. Ordered a Mantis Scoop because neither CGC nor PPS could offer to buy a CGC part.
Check out how much the scoop is worn.. and unless I'm mistaken, that groove and bump are from the ball. It's worn so smooth. Scoop isn't square anymore and the back curve is very out of shape.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow! That's a lot of bashing. Any idea on how many plays it took to get to that state? Are we talking >10,000?

3 months later
#8713 1 year ago
Quoted from midcoastsurf:

What's your strategy when phantom flip is on? Do you use it (don't flip and let the game flip for you) or do you switch the light to the opposite inlane so it doesn't fire? Do any of you turn off the feature?

I have not disabled it, but lately I have avoided using it. There was a stretch of time when it would flawlessly hit the right and left ramps, which was great when the bride mode was running. At some point, though, a variable must have changed and it started missing those shots so I stopped using it altogether. But maybe it works great when another mode is running, like wolfman or even creature. I should probably let it go in some of those situations just to see how it performs. I'd rather not learn the hard way when I'm having a good game, however.

4 months later
#8801 1 year ago
Quoted from fanuminski:

I just added a post for a price check for my custom topper that I made that may be available - seen here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-custom-monster-bash-topper-#post-7488779

Nice job! Looks fantastic

2 months later
#8941 10 months ago
Quoted from PinDeadHead:

Alright, I’ve been playing for a couple months and could use some strategies/tips for making it further into the code. Rules seem rather straightforward but does anyone have any tips to make it to the final wizard mode? (e.g. stack Frank MB with others, etc)? TIA

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Focus on getting real good at the Creature mode; that and Bride can be the most challenging modes to hit all the shots in time. Use Monster Bombs for your FIRST shot so you don't forget to use it.
Save Frank or Dracula for last because while they are fairly easy, they are super risky
that said, if you start all 5 other monsters and then start Frank you get a "666!" (66,600 points or something like that) bonus. WAY lame of an award for such a tough thing to do.

Interesting....creature is usually the last monster that I need, which then sets up the monster bash multiball and makes it so much easier to collect the saxophone. Without the multiball, though, creature is tough. The hardest shot for me is the right outlane. I can hit the creature shot easier than that right outlane, which is what I try to do since that takes away one of the lit shots. I'm not sure which lit shot it decides to take away each time but I think it may be the left-most one available.

Dracula and mummy are the easiest and can be completed without a multiball, but if you can get Frank going at the same time, those 3 can be completed fairly quickly. I don't worry much about these because I know if I mess up any one of them I'll get another opportunity (or two or three) to make up for it.

I have a hard time hitting the ramps during a multiball so I try to avoid that situation when going for the bride. Having both bride and wolfman going at same time can be helpful, though. A missed shot on one could lead to a made one for the other. And if your phantom flip is "well trained" it can be extremely useful for those bride shots, particularly that left ramp. Some days the phantom flip works great and other times it fails spectacularly. But when it does work, it's nice!

1 week later
#8958 10 months ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Hard to tell but you could see if your drac has the feet or no feet and swap to the no foot drac if so

All the remakes should have the half feet style, I believe. If only drac could be angled a bit more to his left that would probably help. I don't think that is possible, though.

2 weeks later
#9000 9 months ago
Quoted from SiN13:

I don't know if it is a common issue but I just got a MBR last week and most of my stuck ball have been on this lower pop bumper. Sometimes I can nudge it back into to play but most of the time I have to wait for the lost ball seek to occur to get it going again. I feel like I had it happen on the upper left one last night as well after rolling over the (d)ig switch. It's like it didn't come in at the pop bumper with enough momentum to trigger it.

I think this is a somewhat common issue that gets brought up occasionally. For me, the ball is resting on the rubber just to the right of that bottom bumper and under the right ramp. A slight nudge takes care of it when it does happen, which is rare. If it is happening too often, then increasing the pitch should help alleviate it.

4 weeks later
#9055 8 months ago
Quoted from KidDynamite:

Just got my first pin last week, and it’s MBr SE. Pretty pumped.
Couple questions:
1) Generally speaking, to which flipper and to what portion of that flipper should the scoop kick the ball out to?
2) I’ve seen listings for screened mirrored backglass and acrylic backglass also. I noticed there are brackets that hold the stock translight in currently. Will these mount properly in the remake?
https://www.ministryofpinball.com/en/monster%20bash%20acrylic%20backglass.html
https://classicplayfields.com/shop/pinball-backglasses/mb/
Thanks, guys.

Congrats! MBr is my first pin too. Still have it.

The scoop should kick out to about the middle of the left flipper. The ball should bounce over to the right flipper on a dead bounce, unless the scoop eject power is too high or the playfield has been recently waxed. A weak scoop kick out can send the ball straight down the middle.

I'm not sure about the translite or the mirrored back glass, but I suspect they'll fit perfectly fine in the remakes.

1 week later
#9105 8 months ago

Is the start button supposed to be lit? I noticed last night that mine wasn't.

#9106 8 months ago
Quoted from mostater:

Is the start button supposed to be lit? I noticed last night that mine wasn't.

Nevermind... Turned it on this morning and it's flashing now. Must be a loose connection somewhere.

1 month later
#9142 7 months ago
Quoted from DownSouthPinball:

I’m in the club. LE. Looking forward to catching up on posts and any fixes needed.

Congrats! One of my favorite pins.

5 months later
#9307 48 days ago
Quoted from Thorn-in-pinball:

We are gauging interest in MMR RGB kits and XL Display kits. XL display kits will be available for all models with the small display. feel free to email [email protected] to get on a list. We are ordering parts now and since these have not been offered in quite some time, we want to make sure all who want them can get them.

This sounds promising that the next MMr run is moving forward. Nice!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Greeley, CO
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.95
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

12,125 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Paul, MN
$ 210.00
£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mostater.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-remake-mbr-owners-club?tu=mostater and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.