(Topic ID: 222461)

Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)

By MrSanRamon

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 6,242 posts
  • 483 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by Lounge
  • Topic is favorited by 196 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)”

• I'm in on a CE 41 votes
    7%
  • I'm in on a SE 100 votes
    16%
  • I'm in on a LE 306 votes
    50%
  • I'm out for now 162 votes
    27%

(609 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,068 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

2323238B-38D1-435D-8557-65842024BF2C (resized).jpeg
20191008_163836 (resized).jpg
20191008_163235 (resized).jpg
20191008_163257 (resized).jpg
20191008_163241 (resized).jpg
Monster-Bash-5 (resized).jpg
Monster-Bash-17 (resized).jpg
Monster-Bash-18 (resized).jpg
Monster-Bash-19 (resized).jpg
Monster-Bash-2 (resized).jpg
Monster-Bash-3 (resized).jpg
Monster-Bash-1 (resized).jpg
IMG_7846-1200px (resized).JPG
20191007_094901 (resized).jpg
Step_2 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20190925-194712_Drive (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #4230 Potential fix for SDTM from scoop. Posted by Reznnate (7 months ago)

Post #5928 Frankenstein switch adjustment tips Posted by MGM2 (69 days ago)

Post #6026 Links to STDM Tweaks Posted by Oaken (55 days ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lounge.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5889 82 days ago

First post - first pin in years - LE #449 December build.

A little late to the party but I made it. Love this pin even with the small issues.

My early machine has all the little bugs that are addressed in this thread. A huge thanks to the big-brains that solved the scoop kick-out and the left ramp issues. I’m away from my machine for a bit but can’t wait to fix these.

Has anyone experienced the ball hopping out of the right ramp where the ramps come together? I’m thinking a small plastic bit covering the transition will fix that - anyone with another solution?

TIA

#5899 78 days ago
Quoted from gmagno:

This occurred while playing this week. Turned off and on at switch with no change. Unplugged and issue resolved. Anyone else experienced this?[quoted image]

All those errors are related to the “Frank Table” error. Happens when the tab on frank table comes out of the guide and the table can’t go back to Frank laying down. Cascades to the ramp switch not being able to move and the targets not being able to raise and lower. Your Frank table is stuck in the raised (Frank standing up) position and will not go back until the tab is back in the slot.

Definitely needs a mod on the tab to keep it from popping out - it’s too short and comes out of the slot easily.

#5901 77 days ago
Quoted from gmagno:

This occurred while playing this week. Turned off and on at switch with no change. Unplugged and issue resolved. Anyone else experienced this?

Heard from CGC about Frank table. They say bend the tab - see pics.

0F444EE6-C916-4A5E-933D-85FE075BB8EA (resized).jpeg991CB183-A5F0-4DBA-93E5-E5C1E8EE2CD3 (resized).jpeg
#5903 77 days ago
Quoted from gmagno:

I appreciate the wisdom, what MOD has everyone used? Any examples?

Post #5901 two posts up.

1 week later
#5967 64 days ago
Quoted from JFink8222:

Anyone else getting their balls stuck here?? (I’m sure plenty of comments will roll in on that one). I have my game set at 7.3 pitch. I feel like the “V” was cut too big. Can’t squeeze it back. Gonna open a ticket I think Right ramp
[quoted image]

FYI - came across this while looking for a few upgrades....

http://www.mantisamusements.com/mb.htm

58E185F4-B3F8-402A-9609-5AEB8262B93D (resized).jpeg
#5976 63 days ago
Quoted from drummermike:

Mine gets stuck also. What is different about the Mantis ramp? Hard to tell from the pictures.

The webpage explains that the “V” is not as wide as the standard ramp.

#5989 62 days ago
Quoted from drummermike:

Thanks. Do you think it is worth $65?

A small gamble on a $8500 machine imo.

#6007 57 days ago

You can disable phantom flip in the settings. I’ve lost a few balls to phantom flip misfires.

#6052 54 days ago
Quoted from indybru:

I was getting more than a fair share of SDTM from the right outline. When it came down that side it was always an adventure if it would drain or not.
My tech replaced the rubber post just above the Drack track with ones that were larger/wider. Problem has been solved.
He tried one set slightly wider it didn't help much but the second one did.

Could you post a pic of what you changed it to?

2 weeks later
#6093 39 days ago
Quoted from mkk629:

Loving my new LE. What is the most current code? At startup it says 1.06B. Chicago Gaming website is unclear - looks like 1.03?

~~ deleted ~~

#6107 35 days ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

Has anyone had a problem with your slingshots misfiring? My right slingshot is often firing when the ball is nowhere near it. Usually it happens upon another electrical event like using the flippers or the pop bumpers getting hit, but sometimes it just fires for the hell of it when the ball is plain old rolling down the middle.
Thought I found a bit of a loose connection for that slingshot underneath, reseated it, no dice, still misfires. Any ideas? I've seen some general advice about slingshots and the leaf springs (if that is the right term) inside the slingshot either being too close together or too far apart, but that doesn't seem to be my issue. I also have a bum plasma disc that never worked, so I really need to get in touch with Chicago Gaming. Until then, though, any suggestions are welcome.

Sounds like the sling switch is too tight. Just need to spread the contacts apart a hair. I bet the vibrations of the other events is making the contacts connect.

#6117 31 days ago
Quoted from shokel328:

Well since my mbr has the latest version installed, I’ve been thinking about the other machines.
I have the original rom installed and would like to upgrade. Which version should I seek to purchase? How do I best figure out what the differences between them are and which one would work best? is replacing the chip easy? Just pulling out the old one and sticking this one instead? I always thought it would require removing the board and soldering the replacement on.
Lastly, what do the sound chips offer? Better quality sound? Added sounds not available originally?
Thanks!

New machines don’t work the same as the old machines. No ROM swapping anymore. CGC updates are done via micro SD cards.

#6118 31 days ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

Has someone got a close up pic of the playfield showing a decent reflection on the clear coat? This is my first NIB so I have no reference point other than 30 year old B/W and a couple of restored games. But the playfield shows a very obvious texture to it which seems to transfer into the clearcoat. Almost like the wood texture (planking?) below. I have a, unpopulated CPR WW playfield and it's super smooth, whereas the MB isn't.
Running you finger left to right, you can feel texture, not so when running top to bottom.
I've added some pics, the close up showing the smooth inserts shows a good comparison. This “texture” is pretty consistent over the entire playfield.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow.... have you contacted CGC?

#6121 31 days ago

Mine looks like glass....

1BAAAF38-567C-43EB-9788-AE06775AFFC2 (resized).jpeg
#6122 31 days ago
B2E14A53-4001-48B2-8893-261E3BCD6066 (resized).jpeg
#6125 31 days ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

Can’t really see the clearcoat reflection from that angle lounge

I’m away from home right now. I’ll repost better pics in a few days.

#6127 30 days ago
Quoted from shokel328:

Thanks lounge.
as mentioned I have the latest update on my mbr - and did it all myself with the msd card. Very simple.
1) I was asking what needs to happen on those older machines I have.
Twilight,flintstones,wh2o and monopoly.
All those games could do with an update as they are all the same code that left the factory 25 years ago. I’m considering replacing the rom/version - and I’m trying to understand if that’s a simple, no solder, take out old chip stick in new one...
2) I’d also like to know where I can figure out which rom is the smoothest running, good for home use etc - so where can that info be obtained. Each game would have different rooms to choose from.
3) My last question was to better understand what replacing a sound rom would do to a game. Is it something to consider?
Thnx

The old ROMs are a socket. Pull the ROM out with special pliers (or very carefully with a flathead screwdriver) and push the new one in. Where to get them... no idea.

#6151 26 days ago
Quoted from NielsVV:

I can change the language from German to English in the menu, but what does the dip switches do?

The switches change the display text language - i.e. “extra ball” “player 1” etc.

But like LTG mentioned, you can also do this from the menu.

2 weeks later
#6215 7 days ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

Interesting. Wonder if putting some mylar there would help...

I just did this as I have some dimpling from franks feet, scoop eject, and drac feet. Lots of air balls in this game.. I used mylar from the arc in drac’s travel to a few inches from the top of the slings. Feel pretty good about it - time will tell.

#6222 4 days ago
Quoted from Zablon:

My scoop has always worked flawlessly (k.o.w.) so I'm hesitant to do the upgrade

If it’s working, don’t touch it.

I just got finished modifying and installing a Mantis modified (slotted screw holes) scoop. Works flawlessly now but it took a few weeks to find the right combination.

#6237 20 hours ago
Quoted from Ambro:

Ladies and Gentlemen, boys and girls - we have finally got Monsters of Rock - Yippeee!!!!! GC of 450 million but didn’t crack the 200 million MoR default HS.
Funny thing is I was on a Monster Bash multiball when I completed the instruments and I must of hit the vuk which started MoR - but I really didn’t know because my kids dropped the volume so low and I was concentrating on the MB multi that when the second to last ball went I wondered where my lit instruments went… !!!!!

If you’re in MB multiball and capture the last instrument the code will automatically launch MoR multiball. Happened to me twice. After the first time I looked it up.

#6238 20 hours ago

Any chance you could post a pic of where you placed the mylar? I'm picking up a MB shortly and want to protect it before I play my first game on it. Thanks!!!

I get airballs from Frank’s feet, Drac’s feet, and the scoop (it’s turned all the way down).

2323238B-38D1-435D-8557-65842024BF2C (resized).jpeg
#6239 17 hours ago

I cut a template out of some flimsy cardboard (think back of a notepad) and laid it over the mylar, traced it, and cut it out, and placed it on the playfield.

#6242 1 hour ago

For the whole area you outlined in yellow?

Yup

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
£ 58.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lounge.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside