(Topic ID: 222461)

Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)

By MrSanRamon

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,330 posts
  • 732 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 28 hours ago by Dashmonster
  • Topic is favorited by 277 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)”

• I'm in on a CE 77 votes
    9%
  • I'm in on a SE 172 votes
    21%
  • I'm in on a LE 396 votes
    48%
  • I'm out for now 182 votes
    22%

(827 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wire switch 2 (resized).jpg
R orbit switch (resized).jpg
IMG_4951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4943 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0464 (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
IMG_3190 (resized).jpeg
Wolfman (resized).jpg
IMG_2467 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4014 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231111_165525077 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20231112-165133 (resized).png
20231110_123120 (resized).jpg
20231105_122730 (resized).jpg
94B393B7-CB09-4AFB-A166-CF0EC7F7F9A0 (resized).jpeg
3D150F78-A1C1-4B31-A9FA-00031163D7C1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #4230 Potential fix for SDTM from scoop. Posted by Reznnate (5 years ago)

Post #5928 Frankenstein switch adjustment tips Posted by MGM2 (4 years ago)

Post #6026 Links to STDM Tweaks Posted by Oaken (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lermods.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#235 5 years ago

Just voted for a CE, a nib mbR at $6k is hard to pass up. By the time I’m done with the game, it will look like an LE and we will have mods available to improve aesthetics so others can benefit too.

1 month later
#898 5 years ago

For those interested, we have a monster bash remake rgb undercab light mod tested and ready to go. It is similar to our afmr undercab lights. The undercab lights tie into the speaker lights and move in sync with them. For now, these work with the le and se only.

We will have both speaker lights and undercab lights for the CE, but I am waiting to get my CE so I can test them. Other mods also in the works, but I need my game first

https://lermods.com/t/monster-bash-remake-pinball-mods

#902 5 years ago
Quoted from Soltic:

What about a plasma disk similar to the LE's?

It's in the works along with another mod...just got word my game arrives tomorrow so i can begin testing and working on connections.

When does the disc trigger in the LE?

#966 5 years ago

Got my game today and overall it's really nice, but I am extremely upset that I cannot get the translight out. The key works, but panel will not rise enough to clear the speaker panel. I took the lock out still nothing. Reached inside to see if I could move the speaker panel enough to free the translight. No luck. The most simple of things it seems they didnt get right. I'll have to waste more time trying to free this thing. A bit of a joke.

Anyone have any thoughts?

15442221798975044746910495252388 (resized).jpg15442221798975044746910495252388 (resized).jpg
#969 5 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

Try pushing down on the speaker panel at the same time. Hint: You might need more than 2 hands.

Tried that. I lowered the head, pulled speaker panel all the way down as far as it will go from the inside while pushing up on the tranlight, won't come out.

#971 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Plastic trim on top or bottom of the translite slipped up ?
Haven't seen this issue before.
LTG : )

Trim looks fine. The panel won't go all the way up, seems something is obstructing it. Pic shows the panel pushed up as far as it will go, needs to go higher, bit it wont.

15442228664357155380604991867949 (resized).jpg15442228664357155380604991867949 (resized).jpg
#973 5 years ago

I finally got it out, but putting it back in is just as difficult. I tapped on the trim with a rubber mallet to make sure it's seated and it's still very tight going in and out. I basically have to slam the translight up to get enough room to clear the speaker panel. speaker panel is sitting flush with the bottom so that’s not the issue.

I can now get it in and out, but it's not right compared to any other game, including my afmr and mmr. I'll call them on monday. Not really sure what they can do, maybe I need a new panel.

If I had to guess, I'd say the light panel is sitting too high. In fact, you can see in the pic that there is some black paint on the panel corner suggesting it is hitting the top of the cabinet.
1544224067579652005366510869128 (resized).jpg1544224067579652005366510869128 (resized).jpg154422417548694637903287766760 (resized).jpg154422417548694637903287766760 (resized).jpg

#1011 5 years ago
Quoted from andrewket:

Pissed is a strong word, and the issue doesn’t seem to raise to that level. Annoyed, sure. Pissed? Give them a break. I’m sure they will fix it. Go play a few games.

In my view, it does rise to that level. It's a simple thing to ensure a backbox can be opened. It's also a major flaw so CE there is no way I csn possibly fix it. That said, besides this issue, I'm very happy overall with the game and I expect they will fix the issue.

I had two other issues, a wire came off a gi light in the backboard, didn't look like it was soldered and just held on with heat shrink and my lock down bar needed adjustment, both I consider very minor. I will put a ticket in for the backbox, but only fix I can see is a new better formed backbox.

It's really hard to believe I have a brand new mb, unthinkable just a few years ago.

#1019 5 years ago
Quoted from JeffF:

Just had an incredible game for me!
Stock settings except I closed the inlanes and have free balls set for 60m, 120m and 180m. I know some of you can probably get this score on your first ball with wide open lanes only using one flipper since MB is so "easy"... but it felt like I won a small world war using a dull butter knife! LOL.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Crap, and I thought I had a good game. That's a great score. My game plays really well.

IMG_20181208_174759 (resized).jpgIMG_20181208_174759 (resized).jpgIMG_20181208_174802 (resized).jpgIMG_20181208_174802 (resized).jpg
#1026 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

have same issue on my MMR... pain in the arse but I don't go into the backbox that often - because the game is super reliable...

I opened a ticket.

#1053 5 years ago

For those having issues with your back box translight being too tight, the solution is simple. Took me 5 minutes to fix. Cgc responded to my ticket first thing this morning with the fix.

Remove the trim around the back glass, remove back glass and remove the translight. Draw a 1/8 line across the bottom of the tub. Trim off the part you marked, reinstall everything making sure the glass is even with tje bottom of the tub. It will overhang the top of the tub slightly. Really easy fix. Cgc was aware of the issue and said a few had been cut long so those waiting on their games, don't worry.

IMG_20181210_190352 (resized).jpgIMG_20181210_190352 (resized).jpgIMG_20181210_190631 (resized).jpgIMG_20181210_190631 (resized).jpgIMG_20181210_190659 (resized).jpgIMG_20181210_190659 (resized).jpgIMG_20181210_190840 (resized).jpgIMG_20181210_190840 (resized).jpg
#1087 5 years ago

i have one on my MMRLE, came with it on when I bought it. i don't notice its even there. if i ever take it off, will be nice to have a brand new pf underneath.

#1215 5 years ago
Quoted from tktlwyr:

Here’s my SE in the dark, set to max brightness with warm white on G.I.
Not as bright as you guys are thinking and why I ordered Pinstadium lighting for the game.
[quoted image]

Not sure what kind of camera or settings you are using, but here's my CE with just a blue trough light taken with a pixel xl2, no flash, pitch black room. It's not dark at all.

IMG_20181214_214031 (resized).jpgIMG_20181214_214031 (resized).jpg

#1243 5 years ago
Quoted from JeffF:

Just added mirror blades and a $10 plasma thingy to our MBr CE.
Here are a couple videos showing some gameplay, lighting in a very dimly lit room, and the plasma thingy doing it's thingy.
Gameplay video:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/8iEwbXmiqi6c9gL5A
Plasma thingy video:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/VGGLkrMmeGiW7DgXA
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

It looks like your plasma disc is always on so receiving constant power. I struggled to get it interactive in the game as Cgc has disabled the feature in the CE. If you are running it off the GI, there’s a good chance it won’t last long as the disc is a 3v unit and the gi is 5/6v

Here’s mine in the SE, interactive. we put a nice cover over it too.

#1245 5 years ago
Quoted from JeffF:

Using a 3.3v regulator...
https://www.sparkfun.com/products/526
And yeah, I checked all those pins that the SE/LE use and they all look to be deactivated. Not surprising but it would have been nice to DIY the SE/LE features.

It tells you in the manual that they specifically deactived in the CE all the cool features of the SE and le, disappointing. Since you seem well inclined, You should do an led strip in the coffin, just solder to the flasher board below the pf.

#1247 5 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

When will you have that available for sale? I would love to put that mod on my SE.

We are having the frame of the disk 3d printed, I'd guess we will have it ready late next week or the week after. If you or anyone is interested, PM me and I'll email you when they become available before we list it. I'll have about 10-15 of these in the first batch. Not entirely sure on price yet, probably around $70 depending on printing cost.

1 week later
#1546 5 years ago

I had a nib mbrse delivered last night, plays perfect right out of the box, zero adjustments needed so far. Balls not flying off ramps. I had one or two balls go sdtm from the scoop, but it was not the norm. Two initial observations.

1. The game is much darker compared to the CE, likely due to the RGB lighting, especially on the lower area of the pf. But when in modes, the RGB lighting really shows. Hoping a trough light will help with this.

2. The protector in the ball drain is different. It has a piece cut out to prevent the ball from getting stuck. In my CE, there was no cutout.

I'll spend some more time on it today.

IMG_20181222_194540 (resized).jpgIMG_20181222_194540 (resized).jpg
#1549 5 years ago

I couldn’t decide what color trough light to put in this (had blue on my CE, which looked great), so I put in an rgb color changing trough light. Lights the lower playfield well.

#1565 5 years ago

Why is the scoop protector getting beat up on mbR but not AFMr? Same scoop, same shot. I have a cliffy on my AFMr scoop, no wear.

#1589 5 years ago
Quoted from Ledman62:

My fix for straight down the middle from middle kickout popper. Max out coil strength and bend the metal like my pic. 100% now.
[quoted image]

On my GBLE, I put a piece of foam weatherstripping on the inside of the scoop, it worked and deflected the ball to prevent sdtm. Maybe that would work here for those with the issue. It's an easy, cheap and quick fix if it works.

#1765 5 years ago
Quoted from splitskull:

SE comes with shaker? If no, what shaker goes in it? Who sells them?

The shaker is very underwhelming in the game. It’s barely active and not worth it for this game. I notice it on Frankenstein mb and the match sequence. Much better on AFMr and mmr.

#1770 5 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

That’s very disappointing considering how long it took them to remake monster bash

Agreed. It should go off every time you hit Dracula, but it doesn’t. Should go off every time a mode is started, but it doesn’t. Should go off in mosh pit, it doesn’t.

#1824 5 years ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

I just adjusted the ramp the most I can will see it if works.. thanks for the help.
I got one more question when is the shaker motor supposed to interact with the play field mine only activates when Frank's multi ball and when I bash Frank or when mummy's coffin opens it doesnt seem to really interact I was wondering if the LE are the same [quoted image]

Shaker isn’t very active in my SE.

My ball gets stuck a little lower on the ramp. I need to increase pitch to 7.

BEA77AD2-DC21-49B1-89A1-4DA7C9A1A681 (resized).jpegBEA77AD2-DC21-49B1-89A1-4DA7C9A1A681 (resized).jpeg
#1902 5 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

No - I got three total. Two coin door and a single backbox hanging on the inside coin door hook.

Same here

#1925 5 years ago

I think it’s pretty cool you can load custom logos on the game. Didn’t realize I could do it to my afm se also.

55196B55-164C-43F9-87FA-136145DFBA71 (resized).jpeg55196B55-164C-43F9-87FA-136145DFBA71 (resized).jpeg
#1926 5 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

After the update, I have my MBr set at 1...and I'm mostly deaf.
Robert

I set mine at 7, same as my AFMr SE. I like it loud and I have it hooked to an external sub, sounds great. I wish Cgc could remaster the audio for MMr, which always sounded flat and a bit tinny, even with the Pyle upgraded speakers.

1 week later
#2191 5 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

So weird... I spoke to Melissa at CoinTaker about this and she said they are getting some cut specifically for MBR... because there is a difference in a hole size.

Same here.

#2234 5 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

ebay.com link » Williams Monster Bash Pinball Frankie Custom Apron Shooter Decal Mod

Cool decal, but why is it more on pinside than on eBay? I ordered it from eBay.

#2255 5 years ago

What is the phantom flip supposed to hit off each flipper? Or is it just a random shot?

#2316 5 years ago

The only reason I can see to get the le is the topper and maybe the lock down bar plaque. Everything else can be duplicated on the SE, including the plasma disc, which as noted, we are offering plug and play and exactly mimics the performance of the disc on the le.

The CE is completely different and is missing a lot in my view, though it is more akin to a stock original MB.

#2320 5 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Is your plasma disk interactive or it just always on?

Interactive! There is a plug in the game specifically for the plasma disc. The disc only lights up when the signal for that plug is activated. Hits to Frankenstein, when Frankie mb is ready, when Frankie mb is active and a few other times throughout the game. It is not always on. This plug is also in the CE, but it is disabled and cannot be turned on so no signal comes through.

I can wire one for the CE, but it will always be on.

https://lermods.com/products/monster-bash-pinball-interactive-plasma-disk

#2399 5 years ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Any idea what it costs to powdercoat side rails, LD bar and legs these days?

Find a local wheel repair shop, they likely do powder coating. You can do an entire game for well under $200. It's about $10-$15/part plus the cost of powder, which is about $30 delivered. Prismaticpowders.com for color choices. I almost exclusively use the illusion series of colors. And my place turns it around in 2-3 days.

#2463 5 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

It's damned if they do and damned if they don't. My guess is the delay is due to a QC issue. If shipped out with that issue, they would be getting flamed for thier quality. If new parts had to be ordered, it could take a month or two to get the inventory. Where CGC is screwing up is communication, or lack of. Most people would be calm if they simply knew what was going on.

Quoted from arcademojo:

As someone that has worked in manufacturing for 15 years. I try to explain these setbacks and delays from all companies.
.......SHIT HAPPENS.....
Do you people really think these companies just decide to hold games for weeks at a time just to piss customers off??? Because that’s what a lot of you sound like.
The smaller the production line is the harder it’s hit by anything that can cause a delay. I’m waiting on an LE. If it’s delayed by a month or three to get it right then so be it. I’d rather wait for a correct finished product then something rushed just to please a few whinny customers.

I agree with both of these posts. It is unfortunate that people paid and haven't received their games. If I were CGC, I would try to communicate with distributors to explain what the delay is so it can be relayed to customers. Doesn't have to be specific, just a general reason/update would suffice (parts supply issue, technical issue, etc.) A few weeks delay is one thing, but if it is going to extend beyond a month or so, something should be communicated given that expectations were that payment was due in full two weeks before shipping. Overall, i would not be too worried (which I realize is easier for me to say since i have a game), CGC will deliver a great game.

Demanding your funds back is not an approach I would personally take as it could lead to even more delays. CGC/Distro has to issue a check, takes 3-5 days to arrive, you deposit your check, takes a few days to clear, you mail a new check back when asked, takes another 3-5 days to arrive. You are potentially creating a 3 week delay for yourself.

#2467 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Not sure i follow this - maybe I don't understand how the process work.....
The full payment from the customer that is being requested is going directly to the distributor. The distributor has already paid CGC to get their game allotment. These distros that are asking for full payment way in advance are just covering themselves. Is that not the way it works? Serious question not being sarcastic. All of the delays you speak of is between customer and distro to actually allow them to release the game to you and in reality it wouldn't take that long at all. Distro says I have your game, you say great - here is a wire (instant), check 3 days, credit card (instant) etc.
I would think this is true b/c not all distros are asking for full payments on the game yet. Mine hasn't recieved more than 1k yet they def have their allotment already from CGC. They don't "need" the remaining balance for CGC to then begin building my game - that is just ridiculous. I personally wouldn't support distros that do that - it's just not a pro consumer practice. That's why I always go to the same distro as I've bought many NIB and never paid in full in advance and guess what - my game was never delayed. Things worked out well each time.
I think communication is bad and yes we're going to get games so I'm not personally pulling my hair out. What's frustrating is distro's asking people like us to front them money for games that are perpetually delayed in addition to owners of LEs and even SEs saying hey guys - it's all good.....you'll be fine. Then they step away from the computer and play their new MBr haha.
I'm all for delays if it's QC issues - just communicate that to us. At least give some update as to what's going on. CGC usually does this in the thread so I anticipate they will here - I think that will help.

Before i received my SE, I was told by my distro that my game was two weeks out from being shipped and I needed to pay in full. I sent a check to the distro and two weeks later I had my game, drop shipped from CGC. This is how it is supposed to work. If within that two week period, something happens on CGC's part, such as finding a defect, then a delay occurs and this is what I suspect is happening now.

#2481 5 years ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

So I have read on many threads for other games that adding an external Polk sub under the cab is way better than using what's in the cab - would you guys agree the same should be done for MBR? If so how would this be hooked up and which Polk sub is recommended for this?
TIA

Yes, same way you hook up to other games, clip on positive, clip on negative, run wires to sub. Polk psw10

#2620 5 years ago

I’m totally fine if my SE has some minor playfield coloring defects, it never crossed my mind and would not have swayed me either toward or away from an LE. It’s nice that Cgc has a discerning eye, but I think for most people, they will never find the defects. It’s not like we are talking about ghostbusters type issues.

#2688 5 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

Just put in the Lermods plasma disc. It works and looks great. Should show or tell where to plug in though. Nothing in manual. Goes under the playfield on a dedicated spot.
[quoted image]

Cool, glad you like it! Where to plug it in with pics and how to install it is in our instructions on our website. The packaging it came in also provides info on where to find the instructions.

#2696 5 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

Received my (pinballpimp) Frank decal today ... I like the way this looks![quoted image]

Got mine too, good quality and looks great.

#2772 5 years ago

We developed an interactive trough light tied to the GI. It matches the GI, changing color when the gi lights change color. For the SE and LE only, sorry CE owners. For CE owners we have a standard RGB trough light.

https://lermods.com/products/monster-bash-remake-pinball-led-strip-interactive-rgb-trough-light-kit

#2991 5 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

I just got my monsterbash last week but i dont think it has the new code as when i installed the custom logo it didn't retain. Anyone got the link for the code

Should be on the Cgc website.

#3278 5 years ago

Maybe it was the extreme temperature changes that we just went through the past couple of weeks.

1 week later
#3699 5 years ago

The good thing is that all three play exactly the same. Choice is really based on aesthetics.

#3737 5 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

But man it looks GORGEOUS on my AFM. Do you feel the same way about pinstadium on AFM??

Accent lighting looks much better to me than flooding the playfield with light.

C806848B-755A-49D4-A150-0BF14426B898 (resized).jpegC806848B-755A-49D4-A150-0BF14426B898 (resized).jpeg
#3918 5 years ago
Quoted from vwallat99:

Doesn't really change with the game which would be annoying.

It does change with the game on the SE and the LE, but not the CE.

#3951 5 years ago
Quoted from cheshirefilms:

The gent who delivered my game waited and didn't request a tip or seem in any hurry whatsoever.
He was relaxing on the sofa, enjoying the can of coke I put in his hand.

Now I know why my games never get delivered on time

1 week later
#4277 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I put a LED strip (5 bucks) that is hooked up to a couple of alligators that I've attached to the coin door lights. Works perfect. [quoted image]

Yes, but a bit risky. Open coin door, clips could move. Better off either soldering them or connecting to the 6v header header. Typically clips are fine, but not in an area that sees a lot of movement. Blowing something on this game would be very costly.

2 weeks later
#4757 5 years ago

I bought mine from cointaker, check with them

#4809 5 years ago

Joe is a standup guy, I would not lose any sleep over dealing with him. I have my money with him for potc le. You will get your game. It’s possible joe sold out of his batch of games and is waiting on the next delivery while othe distros May still have supply. He responds quick when I’ve emailed him.

#4820 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer31520:

Joe has always been prompt to reply to any issues I have had with any game and he has made sure my purchased machines are shipped as soon as possible. He goes above and beyond for me . Sorry if you have had issues and I know the frustration of wanting the machines asap. I have bought 6 games from him so far and just preordered Black Knight LE. I enjoy working with him .

I didn't know joe sells stern games.

#4890 5 years ago

Was having just a few too many sdtm shots Frome the scoop so added a piece of 1/4" foam to the inside right of the scoop. Shoots to the left flipper every time now.

Also added a couple of drops of dry lube to the woman's metal post (her name escapes me) and it's now a lot more active.

IMG_20190401_195836 (resized).jpgIMG_20190401_195836 (resized).jpg
#4925 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Ok, since my MBrLE is shipping today, I posted my last MBrLE wait lament in the thread below. I am posting the link for brevity and to save you some thumb scrolls. There is another unlinked lament and funny story in there to read too at post #24. Enjoy. BH

Congrats, you’ll love it, worth the wait.

#4981 5 years ago

I can only answer about the trough lighting as I have an SE.

https://lermods.com/products/monster-bash-remake-pinball-led-strip-interactive-rgb-trough-light-kit

https://lermods.com/t/monster-bash-remake-pinball-mods

Quoted from JOESCHALL:

I apologize for the fact that some of this has been covered before, but I'm struggling to find time to read through all the thread posts and I anticipate my MBR LE arriving soon and am placing an order for some pin parts anyway, so I'm looking for some certainty about what the LE includes and what it might need to be more bullet-proofed or blinged.
Is there a metal shooter lane metal kickout protector installed? If not, would the one that fits on Stern machines below the bubble serve that purpose?
Is there a Cliffy-style scoop protector installed?
Any thoughts on the lagoon overlay?
I am getting the 7-piece plastic protectors (which includes the sling protectors) from Marco already. Any other plastic protectors available and recommended?
Some have mentioned that lighting can be added to the trough area. Can you point me to that resource?
I'll also be getting the spring washer to add to the scoop coil as recommended earlier in this thread.
Any input welcome, and thanks!

#4987 5 years ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Trough lighting is a must! I have the RGB one but in retrospect would have preferred a solid color to be honest.
I also got the Lermods undercab lighting and its great. It runs off the speaker lights for the SE and LE so when they change with the game the undercab does as well. Nice effect simple install and looks great.

i actually prefer the RGB interactive (yeah, I know it costs more), but it seems to fit the game better and I like, for example, when everything turn red for dracula or green for creature. RGB colors are never going to be quite as bright as a single color. for single color, blue or purple solid are great choices too, and are a lot cheaper.

#4989 5 years ago
Quoted from Monk:

I bought the CE just over a week ago and to me it's perfect. I'm not a big mod person, so the additional cost to upgrade to the SE or LE was just to much for me. I have had newer Sterns, older Ballys, and older Williams and I have to say the remake feels just like the older BW pins. Very sturdy cabinet. Playfield looks great and they have added a cliffy around the scoop as well as maylar for the drac track. I did purchase the color upgrade just this week which looks great. I would play without the upgrade first as it might not be worth the $400+ for everyone. All in all I really enjoy the game and think the quality is excellent. No regrets from me purchasing the CE.
Edit: I'll just through this out there as well. I think what you get on the SE is well worth the extra cost. I thought about getting the SE, it just didn't fit my budget.

The CE is a great choice, it is basically exactly the same as the stock Williams game. The color upgrade is a must in my view, it's like adding a colordmd to the original. The SE and Le just have added bells and whistles, which are really nice. Enjoy the game, I love mine!

#5074 5 years ago

We can provide the disc without the ring if someone wants it. For the CE we would need to add a small component to reduce the voltage to 3v.

#5076 5 years ago
Quoted from konjurer:

Thanks but... I dislike that one and it's $70 more expensive that the ones you can buy off Amazon. Hoping JeffF can shed some light on his mod.

You can buy the disc and wire it up yourself. You just need to reduce the power down to 3v. On the SE, the same plug the LE uses is active with 3v. On the CE, that plug is disabled so you have to run it off the 6v header and reduce to 3v. There is a high failure rate if not hooked up correctly as 6v will kill it faster.

I'm happy to answer questions people have about it, but ours costs what it does because we've done all the legwork, invested in the game, etc. I actually thought the ring was a nice touch rather than just having a bare disk.

#5078 5 years ago
Quoted from konjurer:

No offensive was intended Lermods! I love your stuff - I just liked the plain disk better. Can you remove the outer disk from yours and does it work with the CE? Thanks for your help.

No offense taken whatsoever, everyone has different tastes. We just modified our Disco ball for a customer as he didn't like our original design. All good.

For plasma disc, unlike the SE and LE, it will be on all the time in the CE, it is not interactive, there is no way around it unfortunately. We recently made one for the original game, it just requires a tiny board to reduce the voltage from 6v to 3v.

Look on ebay or Amazon for a 6v to 3v converter. You run the wires off the battery terminals in the disc, then to the converter, then to the 6v header. We have instructions on our website for the connection...all transparent.

Please ask questions, we don't want you to hurt your game or blow up the mod. PM is fine too.

#5115 5 years ago

I’m telling you guys, a small piece of foam weatherstripping on the right inside of the scoop is all that is needed to avoid sdtm.

#5130 5 years ago
Quoted from rad:

Lermods - can you post a pic. If you already did - sorry, I don't remember seeing one.
thx.

IMG_20190401_195836 (resized).jpgIMG_20190401_195836 (resized).jpg
#5272 5 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Monster bash is great but two problems . One the ball keeps getting stuck left ramp area and second the damn scoop fired right down the middle ! They didn’t test these things before shipping out ?

Both topics have been covered extensively in this thread. The scoop is an easy fix with a small piece of foam weatherstripping on the inside right wall of the scoop.

#5279 5 years ago
Quoted from gearheaddropping:

I am looking to possibly pick up an MBR. Are the SE (or LE for that matter) lighting effects really worth the price difference over the CE? I just don't see how you can loose on a 6k NIB MBR for down the road resale wise.

I had the CE and it was too stripped down for me. The ability to do some add-ons to the SE plus the larger color screen made me switch to the SE.

2 weeks later
#5388 4 years ago

Picked up some mirror blades from cointaker at the Allentown show. Good fit, no need to remove the hinge bolt as the holes are wide enough to go around them...really like the fit and look on the game, much more depth.

IMG_20190505_154523 (resized).jpgIMG_20190505_154523 (resized).jpgIMG_20190505_154526 (resized).jpgIMG_20190505_154526 (resized).jpgIMG_20190505_154530 (resized).jpgIMG_20190505_154530 (resized).jpg
#5390 4 years ago
Quoted from rwalters21:

has anyone installed the lermods plasma disc on a SE? can u send some pics on where u ran the wires through underneath the playfield?

Run the wire out the back of the play field. It mounts on the screw in the back left so very easy to just go right out the back. Instructions on our website.

#5393 4 years ago
Quoted from rwalters21:

can u show a pic of it? I'm not seeing an easy spot to run wires thru.

Back corner, little gap there. Feed wire over the top of the backboard, then slide your wire down the side of the backboard.

IMG_20190505_185541 (resized).jpgIMG_20190505_185541 (resized).jpg
#5399 4 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Frustrated and vexed to no end... It plays and feels like a solid machine, and the newly added features are tip top. Plenty of dimples, due mostly to airballs off the tomb treasue target, and The Monsters feet... yeah, most call him Frank, but that is really not his name, but the Doctor’s. The Bride ramps are tight shots, so is Creature, and the right orbit is tight... every shot but The monster, left obit, and the tomb treasure target is tight. Drac stops at 4 locations that are not easy to hit unless you trap the ball and shoot him specifically. The drains are on super suck, there is no default ball save unless you turn it on, the scoop will reject balls readily unlike an original, unprotected one where the chipping wood helped wear the lip till even the slightest graze if the scoop was enough to sink the shot. Now, direct scoop shots tend to clang off the back of the scoop and the metal edge protectors and send the ball on an initially strait back to the flipper path just to watch the rotating axis of spin take the ball on a quickly curved trajectory SDTM. Hard rebounds off the tomb treasure target do similar things as the ball is initially lofted off the target but takes a radical SDTM turn once it regains purchase with the table surface. This machine embodies the phrase “this ball is wild”.
All in all, great title, great new features, but the same old frustrating MB... you got to love it. Oh, and the thing is a freaking one machine personal light show... by itself in a dark room... pretty amazing.

People say it's an easy shallow game, but I find it to be pretty difficult actually. Every once in a while I'll have a great game, but if you can't hit the shots the game is very unforgiving.

2 weeks later
#5545 4 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Has anyone added more GI lighting? I got a couple lights wired to 12v, but would prefer to have them go on and off with the rest of the GI instead of always on. Anyone have info on this?

Depends on which version of the game you have. For the SE/le we have an interactive trough that changes with the GI and we could also supply one for the backboard if you want more light than the cgc RGB strip provides

#5565 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Got my SE custom powdercoated. Had to share![quoted image][quoted image]

That looks pretty good! I was thinking of doing mine in a blue flake.

2 months later
#5883 4 years ago
Quoted from gjm7777:

I tried asking in the mod thread, but might as well ask here before breaking out the multimeter/schematics.
I want to add some spotlights to the game, does anyone have a good location to tap 5v? the GI should* be the natural spot but the connectors are obviously not normal.
The spotlight for Frank might be one location but it's not always on - the other two spots I was thinking of would be the GI under the slings or the inserts showing the creators/team of the game at the bottom L/R.

there is an open header under the playfield that supplies 6v. you can use that. check the manual for the wiring diagram, which shows it.

#5885 4 years ago
Quoted from gjm7777:

I also found these. I'm assuming in the case of adding a spotlight, one lead to 5v, one to a color, (or would it be ground) I'm just a bit nervous as I dont want to blow a board or fuse.
With a regular WPC pin the lamp socket terminals don't matter, and my logic would be adding one to 5v, one to color would basically emulate that.
[quoted image]

if you did it this way, the spotlight would only come on when that color was active. like I said, the easiest way is to use the open header. if you want I can make up a connector so you can connect your spotlights. contact me.

2 weeks later
#5950 4 years ago

Upgraded the code this morning, improvements are significant for sound and the shaker. Shaker now more active, including in the pops, and the game now sounds more like AFMr. It wiped out my custom logo unfortunately, but not my scores or other settings.

#5955 4 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

was the sound not that good initially? what sound enhancements did you notice? thx

its a lot crisper(and louder) for the treble and the bass feels stronger, even with the external sub I have hooked up. If you had AFMr, you would notice the difference between MBr and AFMr. AFMr has some of the best sound from a stock set up I've ever heard, and now MBr has that same sound. I wish they could do it for MMR, which has pretty bad sound.

1 month later
#6167 4 years ago

Congrats! Not much to do, no protection needed other than periodic wiping it down and waxing (carnuba only).

2 weeks later
#6228 4 years ago
Quoted from GamesbyAPK:

Is there code updates for the remake? My distributor said that the code already was done before CG came out with the remake!

Yes, you can get it from the Cgc website and update via USB. A few things were addressed, include scoop kick out and sound plus sone added shaker interaction.

1 week later
#6328 4 years ago

People have been complaining about how dark their lower playfield is so we made some spotlights. Didn't want traditional spotlights as they seemed out of place so we made our own. It's a 3d printed bracket/cover with a piano key decal on top. We will have them on our website And pinside shop maybe later today or tomorrow for those interested. Runs off the game's 6v circuit.

IMG_20191101_165432 (resized).jpgIMG_20191101_165432 (resized).jpgIMG_20191101_165435 (resized).jpgIMG_20191101_165435 (resized).jpg
#6335 4 years ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

Looks great, i had to take a second look as I thought you must have out the wrong images up. Looks very factory.

Thx, that was our intention, throw some light on the middle of the playfield, yet integrate them into the background. They are up on our website if anyone wants a set. Plug and play.

https://lermods.com/shop?olsPage=products%2Fmonster-bash-remake-spotlight-covers

#6349 4 years ago
Quoted from playernumber4:

I have a problem with my MBLE that I have not seen posted. My ball quite consistantly gets stuck on the bride ramp just as it starts coming down after making the turn. Has anyone else found this problem and fixed it? I cannot find any burrs on the ramp or other reason for the hangup, but it does not even get past it with throwing the game around.

What’s your game pitch at? I set mine at like 6.8-7. I had the same issue and changing pitch helped.

#6353 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

So magnets. What do they do in MB and how often are they used? I am using the supplied balls but I’m not really seeing any magnet use?
There are magnets in MB...right? Lol

No magnets

#6363 4 years ago
Quoted from playernumber4:

Thanks. I will try it, although its pretty high up on the back adjusters already. My angle gauge is very inaccurate so I do not know the number of my pitch.

I use the Clinometer app for my pixel, works great.

1 week later
#6388 4 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

I just installed a shaker motor in my monster Bash special edition remake and I go into the service menu and the motor works perfect. I was curious if there's an adjustment I need to make in the menu to turn it on? The reason I ask is I'm only played a couple But I haven't experienced the shaker working yet and gameplay, could somebody let me know when I should expect to experience it?

Pop bumpers

#6390 4 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

That’s it??? Wondering now if a shaker was worth it. Is there anything to adjust them or turn them on in the regular menus?

No, it’s more active than that, just giving an example so you can see if it’s working. Are you running the most recent code? Earlier code had limited use.

#6405 4 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Whats the 2 best mods for the special edition?
Side blades, pinstadiums, shaker, etc?

Here's a link to our mbr page with all of our mods. The most popular are the plasma disc, RGB trough and undercab linked to the speaker lights. We also recently added spotlights for the lower playfield.

https://lermods.com/shop?olsPage=t%2Fmonster-bash-remake-pinball-mods

1 week later
#6447 4 years ago

Been pretty quiet in here so here’s one of our newer mods for MBR and MB.

Illuminated Bat Mod.

https://lermods.com/shop?olsPage=products%2Fspooky-bat-mod-spk-bat-mod

2 months later
#6709 4 years ago
Quoted from WombatPinball:

Hey guys! Having some problems with my scoop shooting down the middle? Considering adding some foam on the right side of the scoop to help it kick the ball to my left flipper consistently. Has anybody modified their scoops in such a manner? If so, any recommendations on what foam to use and placement? Thanks guys!!

Yes, search my username in this thread.

3 months later
#6927 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

You're not missing anything gameplay-wise, just lighting and cosmetics. I'd be perfectly happy with a colored CE and a set of Pinstadiums.

Quoted from onemilemore:

Hey all, looking to join the club! As much as I would like to go SE or LE, I think finances are going to dictate a CE with the color screen upgrade. With the color screen on the CE, am I missing out on a ton if I skip the SE?
To be clear, I know what I am missing on the SE. Just curious how many of you think those are dealbreakers/worth the extra grand or so. Thanks!

For me it was a deal breaker. I initially had a CE and didn’t like it, it was too stripped down so I sold it and got an se that I am very happy with. Things are deactivated in the CE, like being able to add a plasma disc or light up Dracula, the sound and big screen are much better and I really like the rgb lighting and speaker lights, plus the shaker motor. In the end, game play is the same across models, but I think the experience is a little better on the SE.

If you have a budget, stick with it. If you can add some money, the SE is a great choice too.

2 weeks later
#6986 3 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

I have an MBr-SE with the shaker and it works fine.
It will also shake during the "match" sequence, and when starting most of the "monster" modes.

Pop bumpers too

3 weeks later
#7069 3 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

With the pinstadiums installed, can you still tell which Monsters are lit or unlit in the center of the playfield?
I had installed the Lermods spotlights to lighten things up, and even on their lowest setting it washed out the playfield so much that you couldn't tell which monsters or instruments were lit/unlit. It did make it easier to see the ball, but I ended up removing them because it was just not worth it.
https://lermods.com/shop/ols/products/monster-bash-remake-spotlight-covers

These can be rotated downward so they don’t wash out the instruments or monsters or they can be mounted on the lower screw of the sling plastic instead of the upper screw. Maybe try that. I did notice on the brightest setting it does wash it out, but once I dimmed them down it wasn’t an issue.

#7075 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Prior owner installed a trough light in mine - unless the LE models came with it?
It does its job of lighting the flipper area, but you can see the LED reflections in the DMD screen depending on your height. I need to unplug it now I have the Pinstadiums installed.

I actually never noticed this until I just looked for it. The speaker lights actually reflect much more.

Quoted from mbeardsley:

I tried pointing them in various ways (and with the lowest brightness), and couldn't find a variation that I liked. Maybe I will try a trough light at some point instead.

Here's how it looks in my game. instruments are very easy to see, I see The others well.

1 month later
#7180 3 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

Has anyone hooked up a subwoofer to their machine? I used pinnovator on my LE but there is barely any bass coming out from the sub. No problems with my other machines.

Yes, I use the pinnovators mixer and pinsub on my game, sounds awesome. Definitely makes a noticeable difference. Maybe you dont have it connected properly?

1 month later
#7347 3 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

What’s the natural operation of the plasma disc on the LE model. Does it stay on the whole time? It seems like mine is cutting off and on at times.

It only comes on at certain times during the game, such as when frankenstein mb is ready. Should not be on all the time.

1 month later
#7463 3 years ago
Quoted from SkaterVet:

Pop Bumpers Help: My pop bumpers, 50% of the time, can function completely normally and really get the ball moving. The other 50%, for instance, the ball can roll through the left lane, roll of the left bumper and then roll off the bottom bumper and never trigger the bumpers. I have attempted adjusting the bumper spoons under the playfield. They are near impossible to see. So, by trial and error, I have tried multiple different positions, but nothing helps. The distance between the switch blades looks good.
This can not be normal, correct? Am I missing something else that could be adjusted?

You have to adjust the leaf/spoon switches. As hard as it might be to access, that’s where your issue lies. You can put the game in switch test mode and roll a ball around the bumpers to see if they are triggering. If not, keep adjusting.

1 week later
#7511 3 years ago
Quoted from sebwca:

Hello guys.I am new monster bash LE owner from France. So please excuse my poor english !! It is my first flipper, so I am a total noob !
2 questions :
1/ when I maintain the 2 flip hold for few seconds, the flipper engage me in a tournment mode ? What is it exactly ?
2/ when the ball go in the right scoop, every it goes back straight to the middle of the flips. I have read some tips here raguarding changing the power in the menu to the max, but still same issue ! Any advice where should I investigate ? The monster bash I bought was built mai 2019 and number 636. I love it, but when I go in the scoop, it's dead for sure and lot of frustration ![quoted image][quoted image]

Place a 1” piece of foam weatherstripping along the right wall of the scoop about halfway down and it will go to the left flipper every time.

#7513 3 years ago
Quoted from sebwca:

How my god, I have two left hands. Any chance someone would have a picture of the fix ?? I have never open a flipper, just learn this morning how to remove the galss ! This is my first one !!
like this ? :
amazon.com link »

I posted the fix a while ago in this thread...it’s as simple as that. I used the same fix on GB.
7B93BD67-D1E7-412C-B9D4-B0C14E5E0DF3 (resized).jpeg7B93BD67-D1E7-412C-B9D4-B0C14E5E0DF3 (resized).jpeg

#7519 3 years ago
Quoted from sebwca:

Any idea of the site i should go for ? 3 différents size on amazon.
[quoted image]

Can’t recall the exact size I used. Try something like 3/8” thick x 1/4” wide. We don't have metric sizes here in the US.

1 month later
#7639 3 years ago
Quoted from wolfy:

Just got a MBSE. Is there any way to add spotlights to the pin. It is a little dark . Also is there any way to turn down the back box lights.thanks

Yes, there are open ports on the main board under the playfield. We offer reasonably priced low profile piano key spotlights that are dimmable.

https://lermods.com/shop/ols/products/monster-bash-remake-spotlight-covers

1 month later
#7747 3 years ago

Anyone know if you can plug the le topper into the se and have it work the same as in the le? I’m thinking it won’t work.

4 months later
#8056 2 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

I've heard of a Disco Ball mod for this game , who makes it or is it even available?
Has anyone done their own ?

guilty…

https://lermods.com/shop/ols/products/monster-bash-remake-pinball-motorized-disco-ball-mod. Triggers off the extra ball insert, which is when it shows on the display.

#8058 2 years ago
Quoted from Jigfrog:

My wife bought it for me, and while it was cool, it stopped working pretty quickly. It's also fairly loud when the machine is dormant. It still looks cool in the back corner though even if it doesn't spin anymore.

I'm disappointed to hear this, you should have contacted me, we take care of things like this very quickly. You can still send it back and I'll take a look at it, no charge, I'll even cover your shipping both ways if you are in the US, hassle free, just send me a PM or email. Depending on when you purchased it, it's possible you had one from a batch of louder motors, but most likely it's picking up some vibration from the plastic. We now use some dead foam on the bottom to isolate the noise. It is, however, a motor, so it's not going to be silent. These have been really very reliable and we use the same motor across many different mods. I'd say the failure rate is below 1%. And we always fix or replace them at no charge, same with any of our mods that might have an issue.

5 months later
#8296 2 years ago
Quoted from Photopin:

I only went in to make sure it was set on 'Strong'. Not nearly as strong as my BKSOR or Hot Wheels, which rattles the glass on a medium setting.
On Monster Bash I can feel it, it just doesn't seem to go off very often.

If I recall, it goes off in the pops, when Frank’s table is hit and when the game ends. Might be a few more instances, but it’s not much more active than that.

4 months later
#8522 2 years ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

Really trying to figure this out and any help would be great. I bought a new MBr and am trying to add light but keep it classy (No pinstadiums). Nothing against pinstadiums. I have them on my Sterns.
Can someone help me out and tell me what you did to add lighting to your game. The cooler the better.
Thanks.
~ Chase

We offer some lighting options, including backboard, trough and playfield spotlights.

https://lermods.com/shop/ols/categories/monster-bash-remake-pinball-mods

#8525 2 years ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

Awesome! I am putting my order in right now. Question about the spotlight covers. What does the $5 dimmer do?

The spotlights can be set to different levels of brightness with a dimmer module. The backboard lights really are user preference. Most popular seems to be blue, purple or white.

11 months later
#8795 1 year ago
Quoted from mmuglia:

I'm joining the club! Picking up a HUO MBr classic next week. Already ordered the color display upgrade, Flyland art blades, and a topper. Does anyone make speaker lights for the classic?

https://lermods.com/products/monster-bash-remake-pinball-led-strip-rgb-speaker-light-kit

#8805 1 year ago

you can’t use 5v strips to tap into the gi as it’s all rgb. I can’t recall if the classic has regular GI, but the se and le do not. You have to draw power off the boards. We have some UV strips that some have used for AFMr, we could wire some up if you are interested.

#8809 1 year ago
Quoted from JBtheAVguy:

Could you point out where on the boards to tap for GI?

P87 for 5v

6 months later
#9151 6 months ago
Quoted from scampa123:

I don’t feel right trying to sell this, it was a personal mod and I don’t want to get into any issues with CGC since it’s their art/concept

Nice work on the decal! We designed our cover as we did because we wanted to be different from CGC. I don’t think theirs is copyrighted in any way, but you could always give the file to people for free and have them print it on their own if you wanted.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 12.95
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lermods.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-remake-mbr-owners-club?tu=lermods and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.