(Topic ID: 222461)

Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)

By MrSanRamon

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,332 posts
  • 732 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by KingMixer
  • Topic is favorited by 277 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)”

• I'm in on a CE 77 votes
    9%
  • I'm in on a SE 172 votes
    21%
  • I'm in on a LE 396 votes
    48%
  • I'm out for now 182 votes
    22%

(827 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wire switch 2 (resized).jpg
R orbit switch (resized).jpg
IMG_4951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4943 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0464 (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
IMG_3190 (resized).jpeg
Wolfman (resized).jpg
IMG_2467 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4014 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231111_165525077 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20231112-165133 (resized).png
20231110_123120 (resized).jpg
20231105_122730 (resized).jpg
94B393B7-CB09-4AFB-A166-CF0EC7F7F9A0 (resized).jpeg
3D150F78-A1C1-4B31-A9FA-00031163D7C1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #4230 Potential fix for SDTM from scoop. Posted by Reznnate (5 years ago)

Post #5928 Frankenstein switch adjustment tips Posted by MGM2 (4 years ago)

Post #6026 Links to STDM Tweaks Posted by Oaken (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider knockerlover.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1060 5 years ago

I am in on an MBRLE, macthed serial # to my AFMRLE #871. On Nov 29 my distributor asked for payment in full by this Friday Dec 14. Stating that “Your Monster Bash Limited Edition game is going to be ready soon - LE numbers matching games will be starting in the next few weeks and will be done in numerical order”

#1064 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Did you have to send anything in to prove this and get a "matched" serial? I ask b/c my distro never asked me for any proof yet I'm hoping to get a matching serial.....

I was told I needed to ensure that CGC had my warranty registration for AFMRLE which I did. Sent to [email protected] and got a response from [email protected]

1 week later
#1273 5 years ago

This post is just one simple man's request to stop w/ the pinstadium stuff here.. I'll be sure to cover all the point counter points for future reference regardless of whatever side of the argument you're on.

MBr is too dark / That's just the camera, the lighting doesn't photograph well
Pinstadium makes it brighter / Cool, but I prefer the lighting as it was intended or a spot or two added instead.
Pinstadium makes it too bright or the colors don't look good / It's all adjustable via the cool mobile app
I lift the playfield up often and don't want anything in the way / It's just a magnet that easily removes

If you actually have something else to add, I'd be surprised.. everything else is just noise we've all heard before.

Now keep the pictures of new arrivals coming, and what #LE you have so we can keep up to date! Also, any more news on the scoop protector issues?

#1306 5 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

So, where are people adding the extra spotlights? Anyone found any slick places that don’t look like shit and still do a good job of adding light? Some of those nifty spotlights from the Deadpool premiums would prolly be easy to hide!

In my original MB when I had it, I added a hex post to each sling with a spotlight on the top tapped into the sling GI. It was perfect in my opinion.

#1488 5 years ago

So who has MMRLE #871 so I can complete the lineup?

#1595 5 years ago

Oddly enough I was just chatting with Cliffy about the black line protector via Email, here is what he had to say for reference.

“I'll be honest I wouldn't use my black line version as its untested on this new remake. Really I made that sucker on request and it looks nice but I worry its so narrow it just cant last too long. I really recommend my standard mosh pit scoop. It does fit with Kerrys liner as long as mine goes in first and you dont tighten the plastic post until AFTER his liner is installed. Then tighten the post and all should be sitting flat.”

#1627 5 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Anyone know if CGC's warranty is transferable to the 2nd owner?

I don’t know if it is transferable, but if the first owner didn’t fill the card out I believe you can submit it instead.

#1734 5 years ago
Quoted from Mrbill:

Is there a significant difference between the pcbs used in MMR, AFMR and MBR? If its the same hardware, then if afmr can come close to the original, it would seem to me that any problems your having with MMR would be adjustment issues.
I would assume someone should be able to rig some sort of test to see how many milliseconds it takes for the flipper to react and compare it to the original.
personally, I dont care if there is some slight difference. I would but the repo over the original even if it was only 99% accurate.

This literally was shared 20 posts above this one..

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-remake-mbr-owners-club/page/35#post-4756688

1 week later
#1970 5 years ago
Quoted from monte_:

Anybody besides me still waiting for their number matching MBRLE? I ordered through pps.

Still waiting, ordered through pinballstar.

#2039 5 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

B&W works for Munsters because of the era of TV show and the fact it was B&W. Monster Bash should not be B&W

Because CFTBL, Dracula, the mummy, the wolf man, and Frankenstein were all in color?

1 week later
#2585 5 years ago

We need a playfield inspection challenge.. like wine tasting.. I bet the majority of you couldn’t spot a bronze vs. a gold to save your life..

#2659 5 years ago

I put thumbscrew locks on all my games.. keys are a pain in the ass..

#2741 5 years ago

#871 (Matched to my AFMRLE) showed up today. The box was a little bent but no damage, phew!

I did have an issue where the lights under frank and on the left speaker were out. Turns out in the right speaker there is a hub of wires and a board. One of the connectors in this board had come unplugged, in case someone has a similar issue.

Flipper strength -2 seems about the sweet spot for my game setup. Basically right at 6.5deg.

The glare from under the glass is a real issue (for me), I pulled a piece of invisiglass from another game and it is waaay better. The color changing GI is awesome but does cause glare on the standard glass which can be distracting.

3CD41EED-E7A5-4A9D-88DD-E3DA7EC27CB4 (resized).jpeg3CD41EED-E7A5-4A9D-88DD-E3DA7EC27CB4 (resized).jpeg
DCF8D30F-AACE-4679-9573-0AC4824B731C (resized).jpegDCF8D30F-AACE-4679-9573-0AC4824B731C (resized).jpeg
21B1A9D4-9213-4DFC-A19E-CA5A3AA4C8D5 (resized).jpeg21B1A9D4-9213-4DFC-A19E-CA5A3AA4C8D5 (resized).jpegA83B1C89-4BF1-42FB-AF7A-0C24AEECAE2D (resized).jpegA83B1C89-4BF1-42FB-AF7A-0C24AEECAE2D (resized).jpeg

#2809 5 years ago
Quoted from JFink8222:

As I am very excited and anxiously waiting for my “non-matching (you suck)” MBrLE, I have learned a valuable lesson. I will NEVER put a deposit down on a game in the future. There will always be games available when they are fully released. It’s too bad that CGC tainted my views on pre-ordering a NIB machine. Oh well. I’ll still love it and be excited whenever it finally gets here.

Good thing you didn't start your adventure with Alien or The Big Lebowski..

#2823 5 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

Well, I've learned a lesson. Regardless of a vendor's first, 3rd, or 50th game, the next time I'm asked for full-payment and told 'it SHOULD ship in two weeks', I'll tell them to call me back once they've got my game in-hand with the shipping labels printed. "It's pinball" is not an excuse for bad business behavior. Misinformation and failed commitments should be unacceptable as the norm.

Seriously.. just stop.. you’ll get your game.

#2856 5 years ago
Quoted from vwallat99:

Can we lay off the people upset with that they are paid in full? That's a lot of money floating around because of our distributors. Let us be disappointed with that process because that's the only thing we have to show for our money at the moment. Jumping down on us when you ALREADY have your f'ing game is insult to injury and the ones that have calmer resolves then us congrats I commend you. But my 8300 is out there and I'm not happy about it and I don't like seeing my fellow pinsiders in the same boat being told to stop because they voice their understandable displeasure. If anyone needs to knock it off in this thread it's those. Rez made a good point and you guys jumped on the wagon to attack him. That ain't right.

Rez also said just over two weeks ago, that he paid CGC EARLY in full. Then just recently complained about them “requesting payment in full”. It doesn’t add up.

Either way, if having 8k tied up for a couple of months is going to make or break you, maybe you shouldn’t be putting that kind of money into luxury items.

There are hundreds of unique parts on monster bash, all with their own supply chain issues that can’t always be predicted.

Then there is labor required to assemble them which can be estimated, but not predicted. Around this time of year people take holiday PTO, it’s flu season, etc..

Big picture we aren’t talking about a major fiasco like some other manufacturers, and CGC isn’t big enough to front all the R&D and inventory up front like stern can.

It’s annoying to me that we have an amazing remake available to purchase that is head and shoulders above the original, for a reasonable price.. and many of you are complaining about having to wait a few weeks longer than you expected.

Could be, you have to explain to your wife that your 8500 Lebowski or Alien is never coming.. keep it in perspective, and be thankful we have companies making new games for us to buy, recognizing that “pinball is hard.”

#2923 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

you mean your not happy financing CGC's manufacturing process? Did you request a refund? a few on here think it makes perfect business sense....clearly they didn't attend business school...

Why ever would CGC want full payment a little further in advance? It’s not like there are a bunch of flakes putting deposits down.. #sarcasm..

Also, have you ever actually thought about how much money completely fronting all of the builds would be? Yes, Stern does it, but they have had decades to build up cash reserves, and are putting out at least one new game per quarter. The scale of their operation allows them to at this point in their growth. A small business like CGC can’t operate the same way.

You can’t walk into your hometown brewery, ask them to make 11 million dollars in product upfront.. then say “well Anheiser Busch can do it, why can’t you?”

I think it’s perfectly reasonable to compromise in this situation. They have a track record of delivering every game ordered.

For comparison:
10/19/18 - Deposit of $1030 sent while I was at expo for number matching program.
11/29/18 - Dist. asked for payment in full no later than 12/14.
12/10/18 - I sent the wire
1/24/19 - Game arrived

#3093 5 years ago

Well.. this was a royal pain in the ass. But the full Cliffy set was installed, along with the mantis/Cliffy scoop pairing. He recommends the standard version vs the black line version.

To install:

Remove the scoop from the bottom, and push the post (top left scoop hole on top of playfield) up from underneath.

Remove the existing hole protector.

Test fitnthe Cliffy and do not reinsert the post yet.

Loosen all screws on large middle lightboard.

Insert the mantis protector from underneath, Pull away the lightboard enough to be able to screw the mantis protector down.

Put the post back through the top of the playfield, reattach the scoop, as long as the Cliffy is flat tighten the nut on the post from underneath.

Tighten down lightboard screws.

2F17B595-EBB5-42FF-ADEB-DAC53FE1FF2A (resized).jpeg2F17B595-EBB5-42FF-ADEB-DAC53FE1FF2A (resized).jpeg7B297B32-A473-4C0B-B815-3E80E05FFD3F (resized).jpeg7B297B32-A473-4C0B-B815-3E80E05FFD3F (resized).jpeg
#3097 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

That scoop looks like the edge sticks out above the pf. Won't that get hit by the ball constantly?

Weird that it looks that way in the picture, it doesn’t come above the playfield at all.

#3110 5 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Lower the flipper strength to -8 problem solved, factory setting is way to strong IMHO.

-8 good lord, for me, with the game at 7 degrees, and -1 flipper power it barely makes it up the left bride ramp..

#3633 5 years ago

I don’t ignore many people, but I think I know a good first candidate...

#3680 5 years ago

I love all knockers, real ones, fake ones, big ones, small ones..

#3756 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Awesome I've been wanting to own one... they don't come up.often

Probably sarcasm.. BUT..

The reason you don't see too many popeyes, was because at one point they cost less than the boards were worth in them.. and many people bought them and used them for parts (direct replacements for other superpin games like TZ, WIJ, STTNG, RS, JD, DM) then trashed the cabinets and playfields. I had a popeye once, the main shots in the game can't be seen because the upper playfield covers it.. combine this with there are a lot of STDM rebounds off the bluto standups required to qualify locks for multiball.. it's really un-fun to play.

Too bad, because they put a LOT of time in the animations and video modes.. and several one-off mechs.

1 week later
#4025 5 years ago
Quoted from Ozzy:

Quick question, would you...trade a very nice congo and a very nice fishtails for a mble with under a 100 games on?. Trade is with a friend so not worried about any "unforeseen " issues. Simple trade between good friends.

no.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
$ 12.95
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Machine - For Sale
Loris, SC
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Greeley, CO
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider knockerlover.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-remake-mbr-owners-club?tu=knockerlover and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.