(Topic ID: 222461)

Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)

By MrSanRamon

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 6,217 posts
  • 483 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 35 minutes ago by mcfly
  • Topic is favorited by 195 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)”

• I'm in on a CE 41 votes
    7%
  • I'm in on a SE 101 votes
    17%
  • I'm in on a LE 305 votes
    50%
  • I'm out for now 161 votes
    26%

(608 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,067 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20191008_163836 (resized).jpg
20191008_163235 (resized).jpg
20191008_163257 (resized).jpg
20191008_163241 (resized).jpg
Monster-Bash-5 (resized).jpg
Monster-Bash-17 (resized).jpg
Monster-Bash-18 (resized).jpg
Monster-Bash-19 (resized).jpg
Monster-Bash-2 (resized).jpg
Monster-Bash-3 (resized).jpg
Monster-Bash-1 (resized).jpg
IMG_7846-1200px (resized).JPG
20191007_094901 (resized).jpg
Step_2 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20190925-194712_Drive (resized).jpg
B2E14A53-4001-48B2-8893-261E3BCD6066 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #4230 Potential fix for SDTM from scoop. Posted by Reznnate (7 months ago)

Post #5928 Frankenstein switch adjustment tips Posted by MGM2 (63 days ago)

Post #6026 Links to STDM Tweaks Posted by Oaken (50 days ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jodester.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#374 11 months ago
Quoted from delt31:

Well what would prevent someone from just randomly picking a number and requesting the match to jump the line? I don't get that....
I've asked to match my AFMLE so that means I get it quicker? Sweet haha

I think it requires you sending in your warranty card from a previous purchase to qualify. Keeps line jumpers from cheating to get in before real previous buyers.

#415 11 months ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

So just got a message from Sara at PPS and everything is on track on their end. She is estimating that I will get my MBr LE either the first or second week of December. I am super excited, love this game and can't wait to have this in the home!

Were you a matching serial number buyer?

I haven't gotten any more info from JJ at Gex since his initial 30 to 90 day email. That was on October 23rd...

#424 11 months ago

I probably won't get my LE before Christmas since I am not a matching serial number person. Hopefully all you guys that are will get your before Christmas.

2 weeks later
#782 10 months ago
Quoted from BillyPilgrim:

I guess I’ll sound off here, I was holding back figuring everyone else would be chiming in? I got asked asked two days ago to send in the remaining balance on my LE. I bought it through Joe at PinballStar, whom I recommend! Anyway, it sounds like machines will go out maybe third week of December. It also sounds like, they are building machines numerically. Just my opinion, not to be taken as fact. I expect mine before Christmas!

Were you a matching number buyer?

1 week later
#1044 10 months ago
Quoted from Arcade:

That is great news.
We still have not even been asked for final payment on ours.

Yea, no word from our distributor on when the LEs would be shipping. I figure you guys will get your before Christmas and I will get mine mid January.

4 weeks later
#2138 9 months ago

Glad you got a machine in time. Hoping some of the non-match LEs will ship in the next two weeks...

#2164 9 months ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Are they now shipping non matching LE's before their done with the matching ones?

I thought they were supposed to be done with matching numbers this week.

#2167 9 months ago
Quoted from seenev:

I would be angry if I had ordered from Games Exchange. I don't understand why everyone recommends them. I ordered from them once. Very responsive when I wanted to order, but when I wanted to cancel after several delays I couldn't get a hold of them for some time.

I have never had an issue with them. I bought 3 games from JJ last year and had no trouble getting hold of him at any point during the process. In my small community we probably accounted for 10 to 12 NIB games over the past two years from Game Exchange.

1 week later
#2804 8 months ago

Would that last Cliffy clip on the outhole/drain?

#3077 8 months ago

Has anybody gotten their non matching LE yet?

This wait is killing me...

#3152 8 months ago
Quoted from whitey:

Question MBR owners ? I’m considering selling my real nice original for the fact I really love my AFMLE over the original
Bigger display etc it’s awsum. A few guys think having an original is better ?
MBRLE or Original?

This question will probably cause a riot. If you like the bigger screen, buy the remake. It's the same game with some added bling and much newer electronics.

#3157 8 months ago
Quoted from Moeman65:

Can't believe all of these problems that I have been reading about! All of this is just confirming my worst fears that I posted a couple of months ago. This is what I feared when CGC announced they were hiring new help to produce these games. Must have went down to the border and hired.

Canadians?

#3289 8 months ago
Quoted from Mdanielb:

What really got me thinking is trying to understand why/how this phenom is mostly occurring with LE's.
We have already established that vinyl over a wood joint is a weak link. Add 40 lbs bouncing around with that weight distributed directly down through the cabinet right at the area of that joint - I think that is a plausible contributing cause. It would be so fascinating to see statistics if they immediately started shipping LE's with the topper sent separate, not on the box top.

Wasn't the topper packed the same way on AFMrLE? It seems like that would have shown up before now if that were the case.

I am cool waiting for my LE so that all the issues can be sorted out at the factory.

1 week later
#3736 8 months ago
Quoted from homegameroom:

I haven't heard anything about my non-matching LE either. I called a week or so ago and got the impression that it wasn't going to ship anytime soon.

I heard the same story from my distributor.

At least with the next CGC game I buy, I won't be a non matching LE guy again.

#3853 7 months ago

Did most of you non matching guys order through PPS?

Wondering if they got first allotment.

#3885 7 months ago

Anybody from Game Exchange with a non-matching LE get one yet? Asking for a friend.

#4023 7 months ago
Quoted from Ozzy:

Quick question, would you...trade a very nice congo and a very nice fishtails for a mble with under a 100 games on?. Trade is with a friend so not worried about any "unforeseen " issues. Simple trade between good friends.

Those are two really fun games. I guess it depends on if you played MB back in the day and loved it. Monster bash has always been on my grail list and was just too expensive for me to purchase. The remake makes it more affordable and with (hopefully) less issues over time.

#4087 7 months ago
Quoted from PBINTHESOUTH:

Anybody else starting to be contacted by Automated Services for non matching MBR LE's ready to ship?

I am with Game Exchange, but I think all distributors got a few games as of this week. I was not luck enough to be in my distributors first batch. There's always next week.

#4251 7 months ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

with the way my luck has been running, I think I’m going to be 1250 out of 1250. Anyone want to take a bet I will flip on a MBr at TPF before I get my LE delivered? Because right now, odds are so good, I’m giving even money...

I will probably be 1251 out of 1250. We can lament about not getting our LE's at TPF.

1 week later
#4472 7 months ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

On a serious note, and in keeping with my current displeasure with CGC’s delivery schedule slips, I have to ask doug_duba or cgc-ryan or cgc_dougs, how do you want to handle all the MBrLE customers heading for Texas Pinball Fest with no Monster Bashes in their possession, and all the negative word of mouth that that is guaranteed to generate?
At Expo, your representatives gave me all kinds of “feel good and no worries” rhetoric that has stayed my hand and tongue somewhat, but I don’t think I can walk around TPF as a 6’4” talking billboard, praising the accomplishments of CGC and their abilities to deliver to any type of promised schedule after waiting 3 months BEYOND my “estimated” delivery date. If someone asks me, I will straight up tell them my experience, and I will not feel bad doing it at this point.
And yeah, to all those that are going to rush to their defense, we all know pinball is hard, and yeah this is not the longest people have had to wait, but promises given are promises broken. And right now they are what they are.
I am a paid in full, ordered on the first day, MBrLE customer that is pretty much at his limits of waiting. I know this is not a popular position, and this will get me about 30 to 40 downvotes, but my up down ratio needs some help... its almost back up to 70% possitive.

I can bring torches and pitchforks for the discussion...

#4590 6 months ago

Well, number 915 shipped today. I cannot wait to get it next week.

#4591 6 months ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

Got one set aside for me at the BackAlleyCreations booth at TPF! It looks sick, I love Frankenstein the DJ!
[quoted image]

I ordered this and the Alien art from the booth too. Looked too great to pass up.

#4721 6 months ago

Number 915 arrived today. I can't set it up until after work.

20190327_143251 (resized).jpg

#4780 6 months ago
Quoted from seenev:

A couple years ago I had a lot of recommendations to buy from games exchange in Colorado. I noticed I haven't seen many recs for them lately and that they have MBrLE listed at $9000. Did they change management or ownership or something?

I would still recommend JJ and Game Exchange. I got my game this week in his second allocation. Very easy to deal with and no surprises.

#4781 6 months ago

For those still waiting on the game, it was totally worth the wait.

Artwork and sounds are amazing. My playfield has no issues and looks great.

Light show on the LE is spectacular.

My only minor complaint is that the game is a tad too dark for my old eyes. Light show is awesome but I like to play in a dark game room. I have no idea if spots could be added to the lower playfield to brighten it up a bit. I think Pinstadiums would be overkill.

#4785 6 months ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Others have mentioned putting in a string of LEDs in the trough. If you try that, let me know how it goes.

I will try it tonight. I have a few strings left over from other projects. Thanks...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop
$ 154.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Id Rather Play Pinball
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jodester.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside