(Topic ID: 222461)

Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)

By MrSanRamon

10 months ago

Topic Stats

• 5,721 posts
  • 445 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 hours ago by Ray_Ayala
  • Topic is favorited by 169 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)”

• I'm in on a CE 33 votes
    6%
  • I'm in on a SE 92 votes
    16%
  • I'm in on a LE 282 votes
    50%
  • I'm out for now 154 votes
    27%

(561 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 918 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

mb (resized).jpg
IMG_1989 (resized).JPG
IMG_1972 (resized).JPG
IMG_1964 (resized).JPG
IMG_1960 (resized).JPG
IMG_1955 (resized).JPG
20190614_191926 (resized).jpg
20190614_191929 (resized).jpg
AD36C5F4-BBC1-4E4F-A0C5-35E21D321A57 (resized).jpeg
5ED24BC8-C762-4B53-A131-9FEE941971C6 (resized).jpeg
CF6FE0C5-0068-4F46-A1FD-540CBC5C28C5 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9411 (resized).jpg
20190609_102032 (resized).jpg
20190604_114223 (resized).jpg
AB10A6F3-92FF-4BE8-8039-9C3FF28AC728 (resized).jpeg
696D1BF0-1CFF-424C-B5B2-356384C5D081 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider indypinhead.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#34 10 months ago

How are people getting on the LE list when the machines aren't officially for sale yet?

2 months later
#126 8 months ago

Any prices listed? I'm on the FB page, but I don't see anything on Monster Bash.

#135 8 months ago
Quoted from bkaelin:

ignorant question....what's the loyalty program?

I'm not sure what to think of their "loyalty program". I'm an original owner of MMrLE, purchased through PPS. I contacted PPS about getting on the list for the MBrLE. From the conversation I had w/ Planetary, it sounds like I "might" get the MBrLE, but I'm at the back of the list. I guess if you don't purchase their latest remake, there's really not much loyalty to the program.

I guess I should have bought the AFM....

1 week later
#318 7 months ago
Quoted from Doug_Duba:

We were aware of the issue with the hole protector before Pinball Expo and were already working on a solution to make it stronger. Fortunately, the issue has been resolved. We spot welded in an additional .036” stainless steel liner to the existing part.
The part is secured without tape. As the screws are tightened, the rubber grommets expand to clamp the part into place. The modified parts have been tested and have shown no signs of distortion.[quoted image]

I wish I had known this. I just ordered the Cliffy as well as the Mantis protectors for my MbrLE

1 week later
#393 7 months ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Was yours a CGC build? My MMr had no coin mechs and was a Stern build.

Same w/ my Stern built MMrLE

#432 7 months ago
Quoted from bigdog50:

email received today from PPS stated "it looks like all number match games will start to ship the week after Thanksgiving" and asked for final payment

Received my pay in full request...payment being sent today.

#433 7 months ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

why would u make the final payment so far in advance from the game actually shipping? 2 days yes....2 weeks no way....2 weeks can easily turn into 4

I was paid in full for my MMr for almost 2 years before I received my machine. A few weeks is nothing compared to that.

#444 7 months ago

How long has it been since the SE people were asked to pay in full?

I was told that the LEs will begin shipping the week after Thanksgiving.

#491 7 months ago
Quoted from Doug_Duba:

Copied from a previous post...
CGC has received purchase orders from our dealers for all 1250 MBr LEs (less 10 pieces we held back for friends).
Dealers were required to submit deposits by 11/9/2018. As of today, we are still waiting for deposits from a small number of dealers. If a dealer fails to make deposits those units would be reallocated to other dealers.
The number units sold by CGC is a very different thing than the total number of units that dealers have sold through to end customers.
At this point, I believe approximately 2/3rds of dealers have sold through their allocations. Of course, distributors that receive smaller allocations tend to sell through their allocations first.

So glad I jumped in early for my LE

#523 7 months ago

It looks like CGC shipped it on a nice pallet.

#536 7 months ago

Those pics look great!!!....thanks for posting.

I can't wait to see my LE.....

#537 7 months ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Those pics look great!!!....thanks for posting.
I can't wait to see my LE.....

Duplicate post....sorry

1 week later
#768 6 months ago
Quoted from jbug:

Here it be: ebay.com link » Monster Bash Pinball Cushioned Target Protectors Choose Pic 1 Or 2 $21.99
The flipper bats decals by this seller is nice also: ebay.com link » New Monster Bash Pinball Flipper Armour Mod $13.99
And here is the other target stickers that I saw: ebay.com link » Monster Bash Pinball Machine Target Decal Set $32.99

Don't order the the 1st set listed on this post.....

VERY poorly made.

#771 6 months ago
Quoted from fanuminski:

damn...i jumped the gun and ordered these - thinking these would be nice with the extra cushion. why
do they "suck"? (i havent received them yet)

They are very poorly made. Cheap artwork applied to poorly cut 3M double sided tape(the gray tape that you would use on automotive trim).

I design/machine pinball mods on the side. I would be ashamed to try to sell something like this to the public.

I filed for a refund via epay.

#772 6 months ago
Quoted from fanuminski:

damn...i jumped the gun and ordered these - thinking these would be nice with the extra cushion. why
do they "suck"? (i havent received them yet)

Quoted from ChiroCop:

I ordered them as well. Waiting for them to be delivered. Sounds like a bad purchase on my part

Please post your opinion, once you've received your orders.

#776 6 months ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I second this....I ordered these for my TZ and they sucked

The ebay seller is also being an @sshole when it comes to getting a refund. He wants me to take a picture to show him what is wrong with the decals.

#794 6 months ago
Quoted from arcadem:

Just open a case with EBAY requesting a return and refund. They will process it immediately under their satisfaction guarantees. That's a problem for sellers on EBAY but it makes life easy for buyers and that's what EBAY wants and needs; happy customers.

I filed for a return via epay. I have until Dec 6th. If I don't get my refund by then, I'll escalate it to a case w/ epay.

#832 6 months ago
Quoted from WackyBrakke:

There aren’t “batches”, there are 1250 total and almost are sold out. Great to see the demand for this awesome title. Perhaps their best seller?

I'm in for the LE....can't wait

#851 6 months ago

I wonder if the LE's are hitting the assembly line today?

I think that is what Doug had posted. Hopefully, the needed LE parts arrived.

1 week later
#1152 6 months ago
Quoted from Soltic:

Side is dented near back at scoop - really hard for good pic.
Black around scoop in at front and near back on side is not blackline artwork but shadow where the protector is lifting / deforming.
[quoted image]
Best way to show damage will be to remove protector and shoot it in same position of factory pic above in thread.
Safe to say that the mantis / cliffy style cgc piece on ours is not faring that great compared to true cliffy / mantis protection.
Again, I wonder if tightening the screws on the rubber feet can add more compression and keep the protector more flat...
If that is the case, will probably have to remove to flatten the edges before tring to get it to sit flat again.

I'm glad I bought the Cliffy and Mantis protectors. It looks I might need to install them before I play my 1st ball.

#1154 6 months ago

Don't count on it. I think the LEs are on the line right now.

1 week later
#1556 6 months ago

I'm glad I already bought a Cliffy and Mantis protectors. It looks like I'll be installing them right away.

#1623 5 months ago

I've been paid in full on a matching #LE since Nov. 15th. Not a peep from PPS on when it'll ship.

I was told that my machine should be in the 1st batch or 2.

I'm thinking about asking for a refund.

#1640 5 months ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

WOW.....thats ridiculous....did they request the payment in full?

Yes

#1727 5 months ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Shoutout to kingpingames for helping get this game to me super fast. Game was built 12/18 and put on location today 12/28. Let’s see how it holds up!
[quoted image]

Congrats Tommy......I'm waiting on my LE....might come as early as next week.

#1831 5 months ago

I agree....that wall looks to be too close to the wire-form.

1 week later
#1979 5 months ago
Quoted from monte_:

Anybody besides me still waiting for their number matching MBRLE? I ordered through pps.

I'm waiting on my MBrLE too

Purchased through PPS

I was told last week that my machine should ship with a batch that's being shipped tomorrow. I haven't received the shipping email though.

#1983 5 months ago
Quoted from bohunr:

Who is PPS and where are they located?

Planetary Pinball

Nevada

#1992 5 months ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

On December 26th my distributor requested final payment for my matching LE (in the mid 500's). At the time he said the game was being shipped within the next couple weeks. I haven't heard anything yet so I doubt it ships on time, but only time will tell....CGC makes a great product, but they are rarely on schedule...

I was asked to pay in full on Nov 14th. PIF the next day. I have a matching LE # in the 400's.

#1998 5 months ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Have u received the game? I think I'm number 569, and I was told my game would ship no later than this week

No...

It's supposed to ship tomorrow, (but I doubt it).

#2006 5 months ago
Quoted from Quadrat:

When did you pay the balance? If you don't mind

Nov 15th

#2041 5 months ago

I was told that my machine could ship today, Friday at the latest.

I's been a while since I purchased a NIB.

Can someone tell me if the un-boxed machine will fit through a typical 36 inch entry door?

#2088 5 months ago
Quoted from DSL_:

Ordered mine through PPS and got an email last night saying mine would be shipping in the next batch of LE's in late January/1st week of February. Mine is a matching # (#600). Somehow I never received the email to pay the final balance in early Dec, so I got a phone call from Sarah and paid a week late. Maybe why mine was delayed? Though I am happy to wait so hopefully they have the minor bugs some of you are having worked out. Wondering if it will ship with the new update...
DSL

I received notice yesterday that my LE, (in the 400's) will be shipped on Friday).
I just received a call from Dayton Freight that they will be here in about 1/2 hour. The odd thing is, it's not my pinball machine. Apparently, they shipped my topper separately.

#2091 5 months ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I received notice yesterday that my LE, (in the 400's) will be shipped on Friday).
I just received a call from Dayton Freight that they will be here in about 1/2 hour. The odd thing is, it's not my pinball machine. Apparently, they shipped my topper separately.

I was wrong....The package I received was a Kennedy toolbox that I had ordered.

#2094 5 months ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Thats pretty strange....usually the topper is strapped to the top of the box. CGC is way behind schedule in building the matching LE's. I was told on 12/26 that mine would ship in two weeks (I'm in the mid 500's). Clearly thats not gonna happen.

It wasn't my topper. It wound up being a Kennedy roll-around toolbox I had ordered.

#2099 5 months ago
Quoted from cheshirefilms:

Id come equipped with a $20 in your back pocket to tip him for his patience in advance in case of any problems.
If he still insists I cant stay I'll just take it, just let him take it.
You might be delayed your game an extra a day or two, but I'm sure you can talk to his supervisor also if need be.
Ultimately, I wouldn't sign on the dotted line in this day and age till you've confirmed the game is OK-
That includes cabinet, playfield glass, side rails, and turning it on.

The only problem I see with this is the turning the machine on part. It's pretty cold here in Indy right now. I would never attempt to turn on a machine until I know that it's gotten to room temperature.

#2115 5 months ago

CGC question for those people that are in the mid-west...

My machine is scheduled to ship tomorrow. I live in Indianapolis, so, theoretically, I could have my machine tomorrow. (I'm hoping so...the forecast calls for accumulating snow beginning Friday night).

For those of you that are near CGC, did you receive your game the same day it was shipped?

I bought a NIB MMr from CGC and was one of the last people that were lucky enough to be allowed to pick it up in person. CGC no longer allows this.

#2117 5 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

Get tracking number and see when it leaves, arrives, etc.
Mine from Chicago to Fairmont MN was one day. I went to terminal and picked it up.
If they are shipping to your door, that can add some days to it.
LTG : )

Thanks Lloyd,
I won't have the tracking info from PPS until Monday....and yes, it's being shipped to my door.

#2165 5 months ago

my matching # LE shipped yesterday.

#2178 5 months ago

Thanks for posting tomtest

#2205 5 months ago
Quoted from arcadem:

Well I have had #456 for about 1 week now and so far it has been absolutely trouble free. My first impressions are:
1. It isn't boring nor simple and for a mediocre player like myself, it is't easy. I don't remember my first one from 1996 being this tough.
2. It is well built but I think my AFMR LE is better built and has nicer finishing. The topper while nice, does not compare to AFMR'S incredible one. But really, what could?
3. I think that as good as CGC games are, JJP machines remain the standard of excellence and even at a price tag of $1500 more for LE vs. LE, they are the better choice.
4. Having said all this, CGC's MBR LE is a machine worth having. Tons of fun, great play, and very much an eyeful. If you get one, you won't be sorry. It deserves to be in any collection of consequence.
Just my opinion.....
Forgot to add a couple of pics...[quoted image][quoted image]

Looking forward to receiving my LE...it was shipped on Friday.

I agree, JJP's quality is top notch. I love my WOZ.

#2220 5 months ago

I'm getting my LE tomorrow. I had to change my plans though. Since it's a residential delivery, the trucking company would need a lift-gate truck, which would push my delivery into next week some time. More snow is forcast for Indy this coming weekend, on top of the 8 inches we just received.

Now I'm having the machine delivered to a local plastic company's dock. It'll be here tomorrow between 10:30 and 2:00.

Can't wait.....

#2222 5 months ago

Do you have a link for the Pinball Pimp decal? I can't seem to find it.

Never mind....I found it on epay

#2223 5 months ago

Has anyone done a speaker upgrade to LE/SE?

I was thinking about buying the Flipper Fidelity speaker upgrade.

#2225 5 months ago
Quoted from drummermike:

Did you update your code yet? Sound is better now.

I'm getting the machine tomorrow. More than likely, it has the latest upgrade installed.

#2232 5 months ago
Quoted from hollywood:

Do you have a link? No idea what that even is.

ebay.com link » Williams Monster Bash Pinball Frankie Custom Apron Shooter Decal Mod

#2241 5 months ago
Quoted from LP30:

MBrLE heading back to Chicago. Refused delivery. Fork lift to the cabinet. So close, then ripped away.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Wow...that sucks.

I hope mine looks better than this.

#2275 5 months ago
Quoted from Wildcat_33:

2 of the sides of CGC box will state "Do Not Truck From This Side" from what I have seen on the MBre unboxing thread. Also have seen the same on Stern boxes.
Edit Add: This in addition to all of the "This Side Up" messaging.

Only one side is marked "truck from this side"

It's the side that the lower cabinet bottom is.

#2277 5 months ago

Monster Bash LE #437 is finally home.

DSC_4040 (resized).JPGDSC_4041 (resized).JPGDSC_4043 (resized).JPGDSC_4047 (resized).JPG
#2280 5 months ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Awesome....I should be close, but who knows (i'm in the mid 500's)...paid in full two weeks ago.....no word from distributor

I don't think the matching numbers/build timing mean anything at all. There were several people w/ much higher #'s that received their machine way before me. If it means anything...I was PIF on Nov 15th.

#2283 5 months ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I think your correct. I think they built machines as a favor to their "top" distributors.....that being said I was told on the 26th that mine was shipping in two weeks so I went ahead and paid in full.

I don't what dictates which numbers they build. I was in the matching LE#, but that was matching my MMR. I guess whoever owns AFMr #437 didn't purchase a MB. I wonder if I had purchased the AFMr along w/ my MMr if I would have received the machine any earlier.

I'm just glad it's here w/ no damage.

#2286 5 months ago

The one thing I've noticed on my MB....(I'm not sure if this has been pointed out)...The side rails are attached using 2 flat head screws. Did they abandon the double sided tape method?

#2290 5 months ago
Quoted from Quadrat:

It didn't help me. I hoped it would. I bought AFM and MB from the same distro but got my MM from a different distro.
All three share #851. I payed on Nov 15th and was told my game would ship early Dec. I guess I should keep in mind they didn't say what year .
Now I'm told I'm in the next batch. I assume this is an allotment for that dealer, not the next batch CGC is doing. They tell me this will be end of Jan or first week of Feb.

I purchased mine though PPS, (same w/ my MMr). IMO, they've been nothing short of great...easy to deal with.

#2292 5 months ago
Quoted from Quadrat:

I bought AFM and MB from PPS. I have no problems with PPS. They answer e-mails, they've called me. It's more CGC giving an over optimistic schedule. It's pinball so it's never as easy as you want it to be. Each remake has had it delays here or there. CGC is always trying to bring it to the next level & I love how good the games end up being. So you just wait and hope for for that shipping notice e-mail with tracking #

At least the wait is nowhere near the wait we had to endure for MMr.
CGC builds a nice machine. the quality blows away anything that Stern makes....(although Stern assembled my MMr).

#2297 5 months ago
Quoted from WackyBrakke:

The game is great! Light show amazing. Big display and color dots, mind blown.
I did run into a few minor issues that needed to be tweaked, which is not at all uncommon with a new machine.
1) the side rails have 2 screws each, one about 1/3 the way up and the second 2/3 the way up. When I went to install my PDI it was way too snug, worried I’d break the glass and if I did get it in it would never come out. That’s when I discovered the screws. Loosened each one a quarter turn and my PDI fit just fine.
2) The brides head would pop-up and not back down. It was binding. I loosened the assembly under the Playfield and wiggled it around till things were smooth and tightened it back up. Easy fix and works perfect now.
3) the mummy coffin was fine yesterday then today I noticed it would pop open and immediately close. I turned the game off and looked it over but it’s a easy assembly, not much that can go wrong. When I turned it back on it was fine. I think it needed the reboot? Was weird.
All in all, minor easy issues. Game is beautiful and fun! Installed blue titans except the pop bumper area where I did orange.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I bought some invisiglass from JJP. Haven't tried to install it yet.

#2331 5 months ago

I installed a sheet of invisiglass in my LE today...WOW, what a difference.

#2343 5 months ago

My initial take on the LE, after owning it for a day...

I don't care much for the the T-molding on the front edges of the backbox plywood. I wish it looked like my MMr.

#2350 5 months ago
Quoted from WackyBrakke:

Ya exactly! MMr, AFMr and MBr are all the same. Finished wood, no t molding.

My MMr and MBr are not the same...not even close.

Take a closer look.

#2366 5 months ago
Quoted from WackyBrakke:

Ya exactly! MMr, AFMr and MBr are all the same. Finished wood, no t molding.

As requested...

Here are pics showing MBrLE and MMrLE

On MB, it looks like CGC did what JJP did on WOZ. I don't think it's t-molding, but appears to be a slightly textured strip of vinyl.

On MMr, it looks like the wood edges have been filled in w/ filler prior to painting the backbox.

DSC_4050 (resized).JPGDSC_4051 (resized).JPG
#2374 5 months ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Definitely prefer the finish on the MMR.

Me too

#2383 5 months ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

It sur looks like you can see wood grain through the paint. Also looks like the edge you see is from the decal. Doesn’t look like a strip of vinyl to me. But that’s just what I get from the picture.

It's vinyl

#2393 5 months ago

Poor choice of words on my part.

The material appears to be black ABS, approximately 3/64 thick.

#2415 5 months ago
Quoted from cheshirefilms:

They'll be on both stainless versions, not sure about the LE's though (hopefully so, in case rails get damaged in shipping, etc- easier to replace).

The screws ARE on the Le's

#2418 5 months ago

I've noticed that the coin door on my MB is different from the coin door on my MMr.

This coin door looks more like the ones being used on Stern machines.

#2424 5 months ago

I remember having to wait, (paid in full) for 2 years before I received my MMr.

#2487 5 months ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

This isn't CGC first rodeo. I have a beautiful AMFRLE that rivals Stern's shitty MMR assembly.

I thought Stern did a great job building my MMr.

What was sh!tty about their build?

#2489 5 months ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Whats funny is people are talking about Stern building MMr’s and how different the quality of the cabs and heads are to CGC’s MMr’s and AFMr’s but correct me if I am wrong, didn’t CGC make the cabinets and heads for both, didn’t they? I didnt think Stern made the cabinets and heads for the MMr first run?

I think you're correct. If I'm not mistaken, Churchill made the playfields and cabinets for Stern games as well. Stern switched over to making them in-house during the Ghostbusters build...that's why they had playfield ghosting issues...(my LE was one of them).

#2491 5 months ago

I'm glad my money went towards the MBrLE and not The MUnsters. After my dealing w/ Stern on my Ghostbusters machine, I highly doubt I'll ever buy a new Stern again.

#2592 5 months ago

I think the Ghostbusters LE was advertised as having a thicker clearcoat as well.

4 weeks later
1 month later
#4588 3 months ago

I thought about ordering that backglass. I just wish it was tempered glass instead of plastic.

1 week later
#4810 85 days ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Joe is a standup guy, I would not lose any sleep over dealing with him. I have my money with him for potc le. You will get your game. It’s possible joe sold out of his batch of games and is waiting on the next delivery while othe distros May still have supply. He responds quick when I’ve emailed him.

I have a JJP POTC LE on order w/ Joe too.

#4846 83 days ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

Has anyone else discovered the flipper-activated easter egg in the MBR code to reveal the new ruleset that goes way beyond the original? The bummer is that it only works on LEs, and it's only relevant one day a year. It was very clever of CGC to program in this "April Fool's Madness." To those lucky LE owners and easter egg adventurers, enjoy!

This is the first time I've heard about this.

Details???

#4849 83 days ago
Quoted from JFink8222:

Found this on IPDB. Not sure if it works but I’ll try it today on my LE.
Easter Egg Alert: Before launching the first ball, and with credits on the machine (or free play), press the left flipper 11 times, then press the right flipper once, the left flipper 5 times, the right flipper once, the left flipper 6 times, and finally the right flipper once. The game will say "Totally" then launch the ball. Hitting the scoop with this ball will start Lyman's Lament, playing different music along with the voice of programmer Lyman Sheats commenting while that ball is played.

Ahhhh....that one.

Yeah, it works on my LE

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
La, CA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Ballston Spa, NY
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 279.95
7,850 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
7,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Romeoville, IL
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 279.95
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider indypinhead.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside