(Topic ID: 222461)

Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)

By MrSanRamon

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 6,721 posts
  • 520 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by LTG
  • Topic is favorited by 211 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)”

• I'm in on a CE 47 votes
    7%
  • I'm in on a SE 111 votes
    17%
  • I'm in on a LE 326 votes
    50%
  • I'm out for now 162 votes
    25%

(646 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,110 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image (resized).jpg
F3190192-CB11-4A47-AF44-7210DFC44720 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0370 (resized).jpg
IMG_0369 (resized).jpg
IMG_0365 (resized).jpg
20200124_192454 (resized).jpg
20200117_211815 (resized).jpg
67C5629F-E52B-448E-A4AA-B2FA11947A7D (resized).jpeg
DracFeet (resized).jpg
bc24f47e2eb95caccb1d899a880732d411f76300 (resized).jpg
IMG_4888 (resized).JPG
DF54477E-3D8A-429E-8B7B-9AAE4EA81EAF (resized).jpeg
F535EB2D-74AC-4A66-A612-FC0A3B88EDA7 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20191212_162708 (resized).jpg
01741F64-82A9-4BF9-B35F-E5BC6B60E263 (resized).jpeg
74841A6D-D9AF-4A28-81AB-C7918FDD7DE4 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #4230 Potential fix for SDTM from scoop. Posted by Reznnate (11 months ago)

Post #5928 Frankenstein switch adjustment tips Posted by MGM2 (6 months ago)

Post #6026 Links to STDM Tweaks Posted by Oaken (5 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider homegameroom.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#394 1 year ago

I ordered my LE a week or so ago - and I played it this weekend at the Orlando Free Play show. CGC had one of each; an LE, SE and CE. I had an original MB years ago; of course, the CE looks identical to the original. The LE was an absolutely beautiful machine and played flawlessly. There was almost always a line to play any of them. The topper looked amazing - pictures do not do it justice! The colors on the machine and the LEDs just make everything pop out at you. The LE had a sticker on the apron that said it was prototype #5.

I'm not sure when mine will ship, but I can hardly wait for it!!

1 week later
#530 1 year ago

I'm green with envy! Congratulations on being among the first of us to get it. Happy flipping!!

Is that mylar by the Drac track?

#534 1 year ago
Quoted from Ed209:

Yup. They also have Mylar under Frank.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Thank you! That's pretty awesome (and great pics!). I was debating getting a full playfield protector since the drac trac can be difficult to protect, but maybe I won't....

#583 1 year ago

Has anyone looked for "Lyman's Lament" on the MBr? To refresh your memory (from the IPDB): Before launching the first ball, and with credits on the machine (or free play), press the left flipper 11 times, then press the right flipper once, the left flipper 5 times, the right flipper once, the left flipper 6 times, and finally the right flipper once. The game will say "Totally" then launch the ball. Hitting the scoop with this ball will start Lyman's Lament, playing different music along with the voice of programmer Lyman Sheats commenting while that ball is played.

#587 1 year ago
Quoted from andrewket:

It was confirmed in the reviews that Lyman’s Lament is there.

Awesome! Thank you!

And I forgot that you could also get it with 42 hits of the scoop! lol!

#591 1 year ago

Happy Thanksgiving from Frankenstein.

1 week later
#887 1 year ago

I'm hoping CGC was "promising long" but will "deliver short" and that our LE's are already in production and waiting to be boxed to get a nice, full 53' semi heading to the distribution center... I can hope, can't I?

I check the forum regularly hoping that someone has posted their unboxing photos of their brand new LE!

2 weeks later
#1315 1 year ago

Yes, i'm a dork. Chicago Gaming has the manual for the machine now on their website (I don't recall seeing it earlier).

https://www.chicago-gaming.com/manuals/MB_Manual_Rev_1.pdf

1 week later
#1620 1 year ago

Has anyone with a NON matching serial number LE received a request to pay their balance in full (and/or received shipping notification)? I’m guessing the answer is no, but thought I’d ask anyway.

#1624 1 year ago

I was debating paying my balance in the hopes that I would somehow get a quicker ship date. I would hope they would start shipping soon, since January is only a week away!

3 weeks later
#2663 1 year ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

I put thumbscrew locks on all my games.. keys are a pain in the ass..

That's a good idea. I bought a bunch of keyed-alike locks from PBR so I only needed one key (back when I had a bunch of games...).

#2742 1 year ago

Look s awesome! Congratulations! I've been jonesing for some unboxing pics - they don't happen often enough for me. I like the purple flippers - that looks a little different than the earlier ones that shipped (unless its just the lighting...).

1 week later
#3019 1 year ago

You can also send the Phantom Flip to the other flipper and do whatever you want.

2 weeks later
#3731 1 year ago

I haven't heard anything about my non-matching LE either. I called a week or so ago and got the impression that it wasn't going to ship anytime soon.

1 month later
#4930 10 months ago

I’m still waiting. Called my distributor today who said he’d call me back.

#4948 10 months ago

Jarson That is unbelievable damage. I hate to see that. I hope everything gets resolved quickly.

#4963 10 months ago

I heard back from my distributor yesterday (well, I called them back and asked if they heard anything from CGC and he hadn't). He then called Ryan while I was on the other line; Ryan told him the next game for my distro would ship in 2-3 weeks (I was told the next one was mine, sooooo....). I'm keeping my fingers crossed and am cautiously optimistic that I may get my game by the end of April and that it won't get roached by any freight handlers along the way.

My distro told me that they already had one game shipped. It seems like CGC is sending/shipping/allotting the games on a one-by-one basis rather than giving each distributor all of their games at once.

1 week later
#5109 10 months ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Heading out at lunch to pick up the liftgate truck I need to go pick up my machine at the terminal. Fingers crossed. Today is the day... good thoughts... good thoughts... good thoughts...

I'm super happy for you - and hopeful that everything will be fine. I just wish mine were somewhere between Chicago and my home....

#5113 10 months ago
Quoted from ercvacation:

I'm still waiting for any notification. In 10 days it will be 6 months since I put down my deposit. This is beyond ridiculous at this point. The game better be worth it......whenever it finally arrives.

Ditto for me. My distributor said that CGC said it would ship mine to me towards the end of this month. I hope yours is in the same batch (or an earlier batch!). I'm keeping my fingers crossed, but not holding my breath....

#5137 10 months ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

I have seen the Grail...
I was “preparing” for the unboxing by taking out those pesky- jab-something-soft-and-painful-and-make-it-bleed copper staples from the top of the box when, with the last staple I had tugged free, the box lid jumped open just enough to glimps the familiar blue, purple, green and yellow cabinet art... I stood like a kid on Christmas morning, rubbing his still sleep encrusted eyes, trying desperately to look in every direction all at once, as the parents looked on in utter amazement as they watch their child's head swivel 720 degrees on every axis...
Yeah that was me... I carefully then lifted one flap, then the other, then carefully, slowly, I tugged her soft styrofoam corner protectors from each corner, and placed them by the side of the bed...
...of papers and flattened boxes that I planned on dragging her out onto and gazed in bewildered awe at her beautiful...
...shiny lockdown bar with etched likenesses of all her monsters and then slowly, ever so gently, I touched her left front...
...corner where the decals meet and looked for her ever threatening and widening crack...
...to make an appearance and determined that both of her front decal seams were as smooth as a virgin...
...bottle of olive oil and I didn’t have to worry about that. But then I noticed my hands... they had been, well, stroking her smooth and supple...
...cabinet vinyl and I was breathing in the raw scent of her...
...newly machined plywood, freshly silkscreened playfield, the smell of electricity, the pull of magnetism, the glare of photons, and the cacophony of sounds that all sat now silent, boxed, chained, wrapped in plastic strapped bondage, yearning to be free so I can jam her slots full of...
...quarters and listen to her sing her magical songs and perform her evil pinball magic on my brain as I pummel her over and over...
...with my attempts to Rock before Bash, and then put my huge big...
...GC score up on the high score table.
Come to me, my most sacred one, my most desird pinball title of old... my most precious pinball machine...
My Most Precious, yes... yes... my, my, my Precious... yes...

LOL! Best post EVER from you! Enjoy your precious!

2 weeks later
#5361 9 months ago

How I long for the phone call that my MBrLE is on the way. Enjoy yours- take pictures!

#5363 9 months ago

It doesn’t sound like you’ll have a particularly productive week, work-wise.

1 week later
#5443 9 months ago
Quoted from ercvacation:

Just received notice that my game is shipping in the next few days!

I'm still waiting.....

#5448 9 months ago
Quoted from ercvacation:

When did you put your deposit in?

Mid-October, 2018......

#5458 9 months ago
Quoted from vwallat99:

How many people are still waiting on their LE's?? Would have thought it would be nearly finished by now

See this thread - https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-le-still-waiting
Quite a few of us are still waiting....

3 weeks later
#5626 8 months ago

#1021 is in the house- in the worlds smallest game room! Zero issues- it’s flawless and I’m very happy to have it after such a long wait (non-number matching- I bought the AFMrLE in March).

1EC5C233-6829-4ABF-AF1D-B8CA7F7A8B1E (resized).jpeg696D1BF0-1CFF-424C-B5B2-356384C5D081 (resized).jpegA05855F7-3EAC-4886-8080-2A8EEB7C3ED9 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#5685 8 months ago
Quoted from gmagno:

I am a couple of days away from purchasing a MB LE. The distributor told me they can't check production numbers and give me the highest but can confirm they have nothing under production number 100. Where is the cutoff on issue fixes related to production numbers or does it not matter? Thanks.

Others can chime in, but I'm not sure there were any critical issues on MB production other than playfield silk screening, which is still probably an issue. Mine has a build date in May of this year and the decals are wrapped, but differently than on my AFMr built in December 2017.

There was a software update, but it only addressed volume issues and the custom logo resetting with a power cycle.

The LEs were not the first on the line (they did a number of CEs and maybe some SEs as well before starting on LEs) so I would not worry about it too much.

PS The serial #s are allll over the place! They have little indication of the actual production date.

1 month later
#5818 6 months ago
Quoted from psexton:

Thanks. My new in box game did not come with this piece. Any idea how to get one?

Mine was missing as well, and I couldn’t find one anywhere. You are not alone!

#5824 6 months ago

I opened a ticket for that tiny little bob-holder with Chicago Gaming. it seems a little silly to open a ticket for such a cheap part, but I couldn't find anything else to use.

1 month later
#6024 5 months ago
Quoted from CubeSnake:

Is there a good way to dim down the 4 lights near the shooter lane? I don't want ALL the playfield lights dimmed, just those...can 44's be substituted? Also, on my original MB, it had the red illuminated "Drac Trac" mod, but from what I understand, MBr cannot support this? Can anyone chime in?

I also raised the right side of the machine a bit with the leg levelers (once upon a time, I did this on my original MB as well)

#6044 5 months ago
Quoted from skibum:

Just unpacked my LE, and I can't find the back box key. I searched this thread and saw where people said it should be on a hook on the coin door, but I didn't see a hook or keys. I searched the whole cabinet and the shipping stuff again just in case it fell out, but nada. I attached a pic of my coin door just in case I'm totally blind.
My coin box keys were both in the manual bag, nothing was in the coin returns. Couple of questions:
1) Any idea what Chicago does in this instance? Will they send another set of keys?
2) I was going to take the lock off <want to attach the bolts and run the sw update>, but the screws appear to be secure torx, which I don't have... can someone confirm the type and size screw? And, if I remove the screws, will that remove the lock, or would it still need to be drilled out?
Thanks[quoted image]

Mine had fallen off as well. Get your magnetic pick up tool and extend it as far as you can. Mine was all the way in the back.

3 months later
#6451 78 days ago

I was missing that part too - I thought I could find a suitable replacement for it somewhere, but could not come up with anything so I opened a ticket as well.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5,999.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider homegameroom.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside