(Topic ID: 222461)

Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)

By MrSanRamon

8 months ago

Topic Stats

• 5,311 posts
  • 412 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 hours ago by frankmac
  • Topic is favorited by 157 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)”

• I'm in on a CE 30 votes
    6%
  • I'm in on a SE 83 votes
    16%
  • I'm in on a LE 272 votes
    52%
  • I'm out for now 143 votes
    27%

(528 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 806 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

ECDEC498-FFC2-4C7B-8B32-7A4BD4F5E9B3 (resized).jpeg
80F3733F-9DF9-48DD-8140-F9717BA382C9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20190416_184043 (resized).jpg
20190418_141449 (1) (resized).jpg
box1 (resized).jpg
box2 (resized).jpg
box3 (resized).jpg
side1 (resized).jpg
side2 (resized).jpg
F4E32649-6337-4C41-BABB-586C3BF0A44D (resized).jpeg
964202AD-9293-48E1-A470-3B76E41C2EEE (resized).jpeg
E84DB236-3E44-484D-BE42-7D423E6AD9C2 (resized).jpeg
20190416_185142 (resized).jpg
D2608372-9140-4FA1-97D6-DCB4EA2FAB99 (resized).jpeg
6D02E9F9-A7D9-4257-BD39-75B96A0F3C4E (resized).jpeg
Monster unboxed (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hawknole.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#906 4 months ago

In the manual it explains how the Chicago Gaming logo on SE/LE's can be changed to something else. Looks like AFMr has this feature too. The image has to be a .BMP and it has to be 320x80 pixels. I took an image of the monsters heads and sized it down. I like it when it is loaded alternately. I attached below if anyone wants to try, you just have to save the image and rename the .JPG to .BMP since pinside does not support .BMP. The only bummer is I have yet to find a way to keep it as the alternate image after a power cycle, I have to choose it each time. If someone knows a solution, please advise.
userlogo.jpg

#909 4 months ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

I would try and rename the existing logo file to logo.old and rename the new image to the old CGC logo file name and see what happens after a power cycle?

Thanks for the suggestion, users cannot read or edit the CGC logo, only add one of their own as an alternate.

#910 4 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

How are you changing it?

Via the CGC System Menu, no ROM's, just menu driven options to load a customized logo and control things like lighting, flipper strength, jets strength, etc.

#916 4 months ago

To get a better idea of the custom logo pic attached...

MBrCustom (resized).jpg
1 week later
#1107 4 months ago
Quoted from Soltic:

Doug I have opened a ticket as our protector is getting hammered and starting to deform.
Would you be able to respond for advice?
Shoulde we be tightening the screws so as to try to make the protector fit tighter to the pf and cause less distortion?
[quoted image]

I picked up a Cliffy from Pinball Life and am considering installing that instead.

Last night I turned down the LED lighting on my SE and it feels much warmer now. Agree that the lower playfield may need some more lighting, maybe some spots.

I made some other minor adjustments to my CGC system menu settings as well, turned down the flippers a little(-3), cranked up the jets to max, trough set a little higher.

After about 10 days with this machine I can say I am very pleased. It is a beauty. Prior to the remake I was strongly considering buying an original MB for much more and I am very happy that I held out and waited.

1 week later
#1468 4 months ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

Anyone know what this black bumper is for? It was in the package with the rest of the stuff.
Robert
[quoted image]

It looks like the button by Igor

#1504 3 months ago
Quoted from fattdirk:

Anyone having issues with the balls getting stuck on the drain hole protector? I've got the game set at 6 1/2 degrees and it's happening Non-Stop. I stuck a piece of mylar on the lip to smooth it which did it help.

Yes I had that and put some of the 3M vinyl I use on top of the mylar to even it out.

#1512 3 months ago

Fluorescent green sling protectors, much better than those big washers IMHO:

0E2F7AB3-21AF-4A4B-ABCE-7E1EC5314D97 (resized).png
#1527 3 months ago
Quoted from Doug_Duba:

We have confirmed customer comments that MBr is currently less loud than AFMr. Both games use identical hardware so the maximum volume levels should be comparable.
We reprocessed the audio files and now the maximum volume of MBr is very close to AFMr.
We will try to have a software update available by 12/31/2018.
HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE!!!

Good news, hoping this will include the custom logo save on power off too. I heard from Arturo that it is coming soon. Nice job staying on top of it. Playing my SE a bunch and loving it.

#1533 3 months ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

I downloaded and read the manual... seems the custom logo requires an SD memory card... but it doesn’t say if it needs to stay installed in the machine, but I am figuring that is true in order for it to load at startup.

EDIT: text not needed because Lloyd is so quick...
7C01668E-20DB-47AC-B3B7-238B36D713C3 (resized).jpeg

#1535 3 months ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

So does it reset after a power cycle or is it static?, someone was saying it wasn't?

Currently, it goes back to the CGC logo after power cycle, hence the need for a fix.

#1540 3 months ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

Are those specific to MBr or is that sling protector a standard size? I found this for MET.. Are these the same size you think?
https://www.pinballlife.com/fluorescent-green-slingshot-return-lane-protector-set-for-metallica.html

Those might work. I bought the AFM ones from Mezel Mods knowing the orange wouldn’t work. Plus I had to drill new holes to make the sling protectors fit.

#1591 3 months ago
Quoted from tomtest:

Here is the picture of Cliffy's "hyperthin" one installed, of course you will be adding the Mantis protector also.
[quoted image]

It looks to me like Cliff calls ALL his protectors “hyperthin” and the narrower MB one he calls “black line”.
http://www.passionforpinball.com/mbscoop.htm

#1725 3 months ago
Quoted from bohunr:

Inquiring minds dumb question here. Is anyone adding any other protections to their MBLE right out of the box, Shooting lane, play field, etc??

3M vinyl protector installed in shooting lane

#1756 3 months ago
Quoted from splitskull:

SE comes with shaker? If no, what shaker goes in it? Who sells them?

I know Pinball Life is working on one to make available.

#1866 3 months ago
Quoted from CGC-Ryan:

Happy New Year's Everybody.
I wanted to give everybody a quick update as to what is going on here at Chicago Gaming Company.
We are in production currently on the Monster Bash Limited Edition Serial Number matching games. We are working hard to get them completed to start our standard Monster Bash Limited Edition Production run. As you know we are committed to delivering the highest quality in all of our products, so we are taking a little extra time to ensure that every game is up to the quality that we demand.
We also have released a software update for all current Monster Bash games already delivered.
This update can be found here: https://www.chicago-gaming.com/coinop/monster-bash/update
This version includes the following enhancements and bug fixes:
1) Reprocessed audio to increase volume.
2) Fixed bug where custom logo would revert to default over a power cycle.
I want to thank everybody for all the support and wish everybody a Happy New Year

Update installed. The sound is better, definitely more detail as others have said. I have mine turned down and still great detail. I am using the faces that I posted earlier in this thread for the little custom logo under the big DMD and it now keeps it after a power cycle. Great job keeping up CGC.

#1868 3 months ago

Thanks for sharing, that logo is black and white. If you have a colorized one that would be sweet too.

#1874 3 months ago
Quoted from Plunger069:

Thanks. I am using disk imager, and when I plug the card into the controller it just boots normally. It doesn't recognize that there is a card plugged in. I can see all the files on the sd card. I plugged the card in so that the contacts are facing the back of the cabinet.

I think contacts should face the front, I could only insert one way.

#1875 3 months ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

Yeah bad description on my part. It’s a ‘256 bit color’ bitmap ... but it’s a black and white image

Gotcha, thanks.

#1882 3 months ago

Good stuff, thanks.

#1946 3 months ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

So MBr doesn’t take a usb stick but a sd card?

Yes, microSD

#1984 3 months ago
Quoted from TheBigDog:

Same thing happened on my LE. I lifted the Playfield and cycled it a few times. Everything looked like it was working except the report said Frank upswitch was broken. I teested the switches and they all seemed to trigger, I put the Playfield back down and it has been working fine since. Only have about 20 plays on it so it’ll be interesting to see if it comes back.
Also noticed the ball would get caught on the metal protector when the ball drains occasionally. Anyone notice this?
All in all, amazing game, so glad I got one.[quoted image]

Regarding Frank, make sure the black arm connected to the Frank table that goes down below the playfield to the motor is not rubbing on anything.

#2186 3 months ago
Quoted from Captain-Flint:

I am part of the club... I got the SE version. Love it! It really is an amazing machine. I upgraded from a Black Rose so the upgrade is startling to say the least! Anyway, dumb question but I want to install black mirror blades on this bad boy, but I just had to double check with the group here that the Bally Williams blades with work with the Remakes???
Sorry if this has been answered before.

I can confirm that the Bally/Williams blades are NOT compatible. The hole is not big enough and only one notch is needed in the back. I am looking for mirror blades for my SE if any knows where to source please advise.

#2196 3 months ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Just a question to confirm. Are you sure the hole is too small? On B/W games you have to remove the bolt from the cabinet and it goes Through the blade. Just wanting to confirm before ordering some. Thanks

OK, thank you & sorry, my mistake on the holes. I got mine from Pinball Decals and they are still not centered on the screw. If that was the only issue then I might be OK. However, there are two square notches on the back of the blade. The one at the top is correct for the rear glass channel but there is a second notch that exposes the black wood underneath and that is not correct. I am sure both notches were needed for B/W pins.

Edit: picture added, the hole works once I follow the instructions--my bad, but here is the square space circled in white
blade (resized).jpg

#2239 3 months ago
Quoted from hawknole:

OK, thank you & sorry, my mistake on the holes. I got mine from Pinball Decals and they are still not centered on the screw. If that was the only issue then I might be OK. However, there are two square notches on the back of the blade. The one at the top is correct for the rear glass channel but there is a second notch that exposes the black wood underneath and that is not correct. I am sure both notches were needed for B/W pins.
Edit: picture added, the hole works once I follow the instructions--my bad, but here is the square space circled in white
[quoted image]

As a point of clarification on the above, I spoke to Joey today at Pinball Decals. We talked for a while and he is a stand up guy. Based on his feedback, I am the first person to bring up the step on the B/W blades in 10 years. And yes, the blades fit and the step notch is not visible under normal conditions. Clearly, the notch is a non-issue. Also, Joey told me that he and a gentleman from Germany jointly developed the first mirror blades.

I also emailed Melissa at Cointaker and she confirmed they are changing their blades for CGC remakes by making the hole bigger to accommodate the bolt. She also confirmed the step notch will remain in the Cointaker recuts.

1 week later
#2819 83 days ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Had the same happen on my AFMr out of the box. CgC assured me at the time they’d fixed the problem going forward by not wrapping the decals around the corner. This was at the same time Stern was having problems with splitting cabinets so I was a bit concerned at the time. CgC insisted it was only cosmetic. A bit surprised to see the problem re-surface now.

I wrapped both my front corners above the leg and below the lock bar with a half inch piece of 3M clear vinyl.

#2926 81 days ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Where can i find a good image for the williams logo to rellace the CGC on the screen

Compliments of ricochet, post #1877 on this thread:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-remake-mbr-owners-club/page/38#post-4766736

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hawknole.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside