(Topic ID: 222461)

Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)

By MrSanRamon

11 months ago

Topic Stats

• 5,789 posts
  • 453 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by donjagra
  • Topic is favorited by 179 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)”

• I'm in on a CE 34 votes
    6%
  • I'm in on a SE 93 votes
    16%
  • I'm in on a LE 288 votes
    50%
  • I'm out for now 156 votes
    27%

(571 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 948 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

7D85D5AD-7F68-438B-A19E-5EE0B2FB8B99 (resized).jpeg
93D88E6E-8392-45E5-BAFE-651C73BBECBF (resized).jpeg
2D9A1393-7598-4694-8937-DDBB388ACE02 (resized).jpeg
02 (resized).jpg
01 (resized).jpg
2DE7CFFF-0211-410F-B91D-AD2DB1E2019C (resized).jpeg
20190708_084204 (resized).jpg
660B9EF1-AAFC-4BF6-90F2-729D013E2A62 (resized).jpeg
9D4EC4D8-7AFE-44D0-BC10-AE085CD1F659 (resized).jpeg
20190703_130731 (resized).jpg
3C617DF4-9387-494C-9EAF-AF3E7CC93254 (resized).jpeg
B56D113C-4E3B-4DEA-857B-0FB178E1D5D8 (resized).jpeg
83324B3C-1EC3-461C-908A-3A2CC5A6769C (resized).jpeg
167994E5-10F0-4F5A-BC2F-5A661D6E5687 (resized).jpeg
20190703_153608 (resized).jpg
20190703_141127 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider evh347.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#130 9 months ago

Pricing will be released tomorrow Fri 10/19 at 7 pm EST / 6pm CST

#137 9 months ago

Just got call from my distributor....$8300 for the LE (shipped), $1000 deposit down, production starts on 11/9. I’m guessing they’re going to make a bunch of SE’s first and then the LE’s....just like they did with AFMr.

2 months later
#1961 6 months ago

I’m a low-life morlock too.

#2105 6 months ago

The fellas at Canadian Arcade had some good advice given to them by the delivery serviceman when they went to pick up their SW pro (see around 6:20, 6:55 in the video). The serviceman said if you're not able to open the box and inspect at the time of the handover, write 'subject to inspection' on the delivery receipt and that way 'you are covered'. That means you can get the machine home and inspect it later. If you don't write that on your delivery receipt, you're on your own.

You should write it on the receipt even if all you see is a small nick on the box because you will never know the actual condition of your machine unless you take it completely out of the box.

Joe @PinballStar sends you emails leading up to your delivery saying the following:
FYI - I have had a recent small run of shipping damage issues - carefully check the box for damage / holes / major crushing, etc... I would even suggest if there is not damage to the box - OPEN THE BOX up and inspect the game to whatever extent you feel necessary to taking it all the way out and making sure it's ok BEFORE you sign and accept it. I've had a few concealed damage issues lately where there is no damage to the box but where the game is damaged - from small scuffs / cosmetic, to backboxes damages, pf glass broken, siderails smashed, etc.. from a drop off a forklift or a tip over... who knows... Once you sign for it you are on your own and the game is yours as is - I am unable to help in any way past that point... If you aren't satisfied with something - DO NOT SIGN and REFUSE to accept it - send it back.. or try to call me XXX-XXX-XXXX. The driver is not going anywhere until you sign for it - he'll wait... That said, the issues are in the minority, but I just want you properly prepared.

I'm sure he sends that email to everyone, but I think its pretty clear what is expected of you when do the handover.

#2106 6 months ago

The fellas at Canadian Arcade had some good advice given to them by the delivery serviceman when they went to pick up their SW pro (see around 6:20, 6:55 in the video). The serviceman said if you're not able to open the box and inspect at the time of the handover, write 'subject to inspection' on the delivery receipt and that way 'you are covered'. That means you can get the machine home and inspect it later. If you don't write that on your delivery receipt, you're on your own.
You should write it on the receipt even if all you see is a small nick on the box because you will never know the actual condition of your machine unless you take it completely out of the box.

Joe PinballStar sends you emails leading up to your delivery saying the following:
FYI - I have had a recent small run of shipping damage issues - carefully check the box for damage / holes / major crushing, etc... I would even suggest if there is not damage to the box - OPEN THE BOX up and inspect the game to whatever extent you feel necessary to taking it all the way out and making sure it's ok BEFORE you sign and accept it. I've had a few concealed damage issues lately where there is no damage to the box but where the game is damaged - from small scuffs / cosmetic, to backboxes damages, pf glass broken, siderails smashed, etc.. from a drop off a forklift or a tip over... who knows... Once you sign for it you are on your own and the game is yours as is - I am unable to help in any way past that point... If you aren't satisfied with something - DO NOT SIGN and REFUSE to accept it - send it back.. or try to call me XXX-XXX-XXXX. The driver is not going anywhere until you sign for it - he'll wait... That said, the issues are in the minority, but I just want you properly prepared.

I'm sure he sends that email to everyone, but I think its pretty clear what is expected of you during the handover.

1 month later
#3735 5 months ago
Quoted from PBINTHESOUTH:

Anyone else hear from their distributor about NON MATCHING LE on the way?
Waiting in line for myself on one...

Paid in full for my non-matching MBrLE today. Distributor said they’re picking up their games next week and the week after. It’s been a long wait...long if you include I was expecting CGC to announce #3 in March 2018. It’s tough knowing everyone else is getting theirs before you even though I was a day 1 preorder, but in the end I appreciate everyone else helping CGC work out the kinks in production.

#3751 5 months ago

Correct, MBr is #3....they were supposed to announce it at TPF in March of 2018. But, they delayed the announcement until Oct 2018.

1 week later
#4055 4 months ago

Non-matching LE 1192 arrived okay. Just a little damage to box and the topper's box, but all contents arrived okay.

1 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg
#4074 4 months ago
Quoted from SkaterVet:

What's the best way to get a pin off of a pallet?
[quoted image]

Two people. Ha! Congrats!

#4152 4 months ago
Quoted from delt31:

anyone have a ball get stuck (or just not move and stay trapped) on the left ramp curve? happened a few times to me. Ball hits curve but sits there...

Here?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-remake-mbr-owners-club/page/37#post-4761929
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-remake-mbr-owners-club/page/37#post-4761405

#4184 4 months ago
Quoted from PicklePerfect:

Already getting an occasional "Check Switch 48 R. Flip Prox." on start-up tests. Phantom Flip on that side seems to work fine, though. Not thrilled about this since it's a completely new machine, but if someone out there wants to assuage my fears about the build quality, I'd love to hear it.

I got the same credit dot today. In test it reads, 'Check Switch 48 R. Flip Prox". All I was doing under the glass at that time was re-positioning Drac using the two Philips screws...hoping to stop the SDTM drains off his feet when the ball rolls backwards down the right outlane.

I took the glass off, started a game, and then qualified PHANTOM flip with my finger. Then I simply dropped the ball into the right inner-lane to retrain the phantom flip. The first time, the flipper auto-engaged with very little power. I re-qualified PHANTOM flip again and tried again. After doing this 3-4 times, the phantom flip had been re-trained and was working again, flipper engages w/ correct power and attempts to make the most valuable shot at that time. The credit dot was no longer displayed on the DMD.

Not sure what causes this, but this technique seems to fix it.

1 week later
#4300 4 months ago

I tried raising the R Popper Strength to MAX and that still was resulting in a mixed bag of positive results to solve the SDTM drains out of the scoop.

This is what finally fixed the SDTM drains out of the scoop. I layered about four layers of duct tape and cut it into about 1/2" thickness and put it here -->
Additionally, I was able to return the R Popper Strength to 'Default'.

Now the ball kick outs vary from into the Left Slingshot or directly to the Left Flipper. Better than SDTM.

Post back if this helped any of you.

1 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg

#4310 4 months ago
Quoted from Mokthemagicman:

Just got in my MBR LE today but I think my left Phantom Flip isn't working. After spelling "Phantom" only the right side lane will light. When you use flippers to switch it, the light goes out and the left side won't light.
The odd thing is that when the game is in attract mode both Phantom Flip lights are working. Weird huh?
Anyone else have this issue?

You have to ‘train’ the Phantom flip. Not everyone sets their machine up to the same pitch, so I wouldn’t expect the phantom flip feature to work correctly right out of the box. If you don’t want to play it 20 or so times and want a faster way to teach the feature, try this...

Take the glass off, start a game, and then qualify PHANTOM flip with your finger (any order or any one of the blue phantom standup targets). Then simply drop a ball into the respective lighted inner-lane to ‘train’ the phantom flip. The first time, the flipper will auto-engage using a power for whatever the machine deems the most valuable shot (likely a total miss). Then re-qualify PHANTOM flip again and try again. After doing this 3-4 times, the phantom flip should should engage the flipper w/ the correct power and attempt to make the most valuable shot at that time.

#4327 4 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Topper in progress!
[quoted image]

I love the collection and the fact that its all six 'monsters' (no disrespect)...but how much does that cost to compile in comparison to just ponying up for the LE which comes w/ an official topper w/ interactive lights?

1 week later
#4613 3 months ago

If you want a quick fix to the scoop SDTM issue, add approximately a 1” x 1/2” wide piece of duct tape in about 3-4 layers to just inside the right side of the VUK guide. Takes less than a minute to fix, you don’t have to adjust the coil power, and it sends the ball to the left flipper (or left sling) 99% of the time. Just position the tape until you get the desired kick out you want and it can be seen when playing the game.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-remake-mbr-owners-club/page/86#post-4879879

2 weeks later
#5044 3 months ago
Quoted from Moeman65:

I have the L E and didn't get a chain or fob. Anyone know who makes fobs for pinball games?

I got my key fob from Rob, $10 shipped. Rob/Kim are super awesome taking care of their customers!

PM lermods for payment details.

B6C61CCF-4D94-40A3-B9B0-71691DB5D17F (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#5509 63 days ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

Monster Bash Key Chain?? does anyone know where to get one? Some said they got one with pin in the goody bag- no such luck here so now looking

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-remake-mbr-owners-club/page/101#post-4928059

1 month later
#5753 17 days ago
Quoted from gmagno:

Assembling MB at the moment. What are these parts for?[quoted image]

Those are spare /replacement flipper rubbers and that’s a flipper gauge.

1 week later
#5776 7 days ago
Quoted from MMP:

My CE was delivered today. For those of you with the color chip is that a setting, or something that needs to be installed separately? I was expecting full color, but maybe there is a 2nd delivery?

The color chip is an extra $399. It can be bought from the distributors. You have to install it (if you didn't order your CE with it). Without the color upgrade, you can choose the mono chrome color on the DMD.

Example distributor:
https://www.gameroomguys.com/Monster-Bash-HD-Color-Display-Upgrade

How to install:

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
£ 58.00
$ 279.95
$ 209.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
7,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Warren, OH

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider evh347.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside