(Topic ID: 222461)

Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)

By MrSanRamon

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,332 posts
  • 732 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by KingMixer
  • Topic is favorited by 277 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)”

• I'm in on a CE 77 votes
    9%
  • I'm in on a SE 172 votes
    21%
  • I'm in on a LE 396 votes
    48%
  • I'm out for now 182 votes
    22%

(827 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wire switch 2 (resized).jpg
R orbit switch (resized).jpg
IMG_4951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4943 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0464 (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
IMG_3190 (resized).jpeg
Wolfman (resized).jpg
IMG_2467 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4014 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231111_165525077 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20231112-165133 (resized).png
20231110_123120 (resized).jpg
20231105_122730 (resized).jpg
94B393B7-CB09-4AFB-A166-CF0EC7F7F9A0 (resized).jpeg
3D150F78-A1C1-4B31-A9FA-00031163D7C1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #4230 Potential fix for SDTM from scoop. Posted by Reznnate (5 years ago)

Post #5928 Frankenstein switch adjustment tips Posted by MGM2 (4 years ago)

Post #6026 Links to STDM Tweaks Posted by Oaken (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider edster.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5618 4 years ago

is Phantom flip working properly on the remake?

#5629 4 years ago
Quoted from shock_me:

It didn't work consistently at first, but I read here that the game has to "learn" for a while, and it eventually did after a bunch of plays. Now that sucker hits required shots very consistently for me

Cool. Thanks. I owned an original years ago and the Phantom Flip worked occasionally, meaning it actually flipped when the ball went down the lane. Most times it would miss, the ball would drain and I would get a save ball. Game played but not as the so called Phantom Flip intended...

Thanks for the info.

#5630 4 years ago

Ok, so I have an AFMrLE. I really like it. I need to dial it in but so far, it's a great game.
I am on the fence for MB. Opinions out there, should I get one? It's not cheap but it looks so freaking sweet. I just haven't been able to pull the trigger.

Opinions from owners would be appreciated.

Thanks

#5635 4 years ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

I have an LE and it is really a fun machine.- great toys/shots and the sound is fantastic. Mine has played perfect right out of the box. The only complaint is how fast this sucker has dimpled in only a couple hundred plays but that seems to be the norm with playfields these days and the crappy wood they are using.

My Iron Maiden has tons of dimples. It looks like bad complexion. My older W/B games have next to none.

#5636 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Have you played one? I would definitely say spend some time on one before pulling the trigger. If you have and you liked it, it is a beautiful machine that plays great. I would assume some should be popping up used in the next few months.

I owned an original many years ago. I love the theme. The remake looks gorgeous just the pricing here in Canada is steep with exchange and taxes. If I could come across a resale, I'd be all in. Maybe I should just wait it out.

6 months later
#6502 4 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

What’s a phantom flip?

It's something never worked right even on the original.

2 weeks later
#6537 4 years ago

Having a weird issue with my MBrLE. Whenever I turn on the game it won't start. I have to open the coin door and eject a ball into the shooter lane. All the balls get launched and it seems to be in search mode, then the game starts and plays. Once in a while it launches all the balls during the game. It also says I have a bad trough opto check wires and 12v. In test mode, all balls are properly seen in the trough. That message doesn't happen all the time. Also, if I open the coin door and then close it, game will not start. I have to do the same process to eject a ball into the shooter lane. Never seen this issue before. Any ideas? I plan to open a ticket on Monday.

Thanks

#6539 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Check the connectors to the trough and optos there to make sure they haven't wiggled apart some.

That was the firs thing I did, then I checked all the connectors on the backboard. Seems ok. So weird.

#6540 4 years ago

Also if I open the coin door and close it, game won't start. I have to repeat the ball eject process.

#6542 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Turn game off. Reseat connectors to the ball trough opto boards.
Then boot it up. Open coin door, pull out the high power interlock switch. See if it works then. If so, bend the metal flap over a little so when you close the coin door it fully depresses the high power interlock switch.
Still same issues ? Then check the plunger that kicks the balls up the ball trough VUK to the shooter lane. If that plunger is a tiny bit to high, it prevents the balls from rolling into position right. The coil/plunger/bracket is secured to a metal plate at the end of the ball trough. Four screws hold it on, it is adjustable. Loosen the screws and move it down a tiny bit. ( not to much high or low ). tighten the screws back up. See if that helps.
LTG : )

Thanks for your suggestions LGT. I checked the coin door and it's fine. I reseated the opto connectors. I don't seems to get the opto error anymore. It seems that the game may not see ball#1 in the trough (this may be why it doesn't start but doesn't say locating balls). if I eject the ball, it ejects all the balls and goes into some type of ball search test. Then the game starts. Plays for a bit and then the balls start to eject on their own. eventually it stops ejecting and I can let 3 of the 4 balls drain and continue to play until it does the same thing all over again. Makes for alot of multi-ball games. I think the opto board might be faulty but in switch test it sees all 4 balls when I drop them in one by one.

Also, in switch test mode I get continual Right Flipper Prox swtich going off. I moved it from 4 to 3 and it registers with just my finger on the playfield. I thought Eddy switches only registered with a ball. On 2/3rd setting Phantom Switch pretty much does not work at all.

Are these the 4 screws you were talking about?

IMG_4888 (resized).JPGIMG_4888 (resized).JPG
#6544 4 years ago

Got it. Thanks. Did a slight adjustment. It plays ok for a while and then it starts just spitting balls out again. Could this be a faulty opto? What would cause the VUK to eject balls? I would think it would do it when it registers all 4 balls in the trough? maybe at one point the opto fails and the game thinks all 4 are there and starts continuously ejecting balls and maybe it comes back and registers properly and then stops? It never happens in test mode, it only happens during play. I can't see anything that might trigger it, looks completely random.

#6546 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Starting to sound like this.
Balls magnetized and not rolling down the ball trough right ? Try new balls.

The balls are in the trough positioned properly, I watch as someone plays. Then all of a sudden it empties the trough and continues the VUK even when there are no balls there at all. Eventually it stops but there doesn't appear to be any pattern. Must be the opto. Also notice that when I open the coin door in attract mode, all the balls empty and launch from the shooter lane. Something really weird is going on.

#6548 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

https://www.chicago-gaming.com/ Support - Help Desk
May as well open a ticket now. It may go to me, I'll kick it up to the engineer.
Thank you.

Oh, awesome. I didn't know you worked to CGC. Thanks.

1 week later
#6559 4 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

2 Questions
1. Phantom FLip only lights on one side, game was factory reset is it still calibrating? Switches and lamp work fine.
2. Anyone have a Williams logo to upload and replace the chicago gaming one?

I had the same issue, light on the right side showed up in test mode but during Phantom Flip. Not sure if it was a coincidence but I updated the software and it works great now. Phantom Flip works perfect now, lights up and makes every shot.

#6560 4 years ago
Quoted from Edster:

I had the same issue, light on the right side showed up in test mode but not during Phantom Flip. Not sure if it was a coincidence but I updated the software and it works great now. Phantom Flip works perfect now, lights up and makes every shot.

2 months later
#6814 4 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Wow, this just happened today with mine as well... Frank feet air balls do a lot of damage...

This happened to me a few months ago. Opened a ticket and I was sent a new one.

Good luck.

2 weeks later
#6895 4 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

To you guys that have owned this for a while, how are you liking it? I am looking to get another pin, and want a Monster Bash. Currently I have Dialed in and Hobbit, and love them, and am looking for a more shallow, quicker ball time game to compliment them. It is either this or an Attack From Mars. Just figured I'd ask some of you your thoughts on the game now that you've had it for a spell?

I owned an original in 2005. Sold it. Bought the MBrLE before Christmas. I am liking it more than the original I previously owned. It's just so smooth. Trying to get Monsters of Rock 666 mode. Man that's hard. Game may be simple but it's not easy and by far one of the best themes ever. Not planning on selling mine any time soon. Get it you won't regret it. I sold my AFMrLE and I do miss it. If CCr is next, I am in as well.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Asheville, NC
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.95
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Greeley, CO
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

12,125 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Paul, MN
$ 210.00
£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider edster.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-remake-mbr-owners-club?tu=edster and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.