(Topic ID: 222461)

Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)

By MrSanRamon

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 6,210 posts
  • 482 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 hours ago by Oaken
  • Topic is favorited by 193 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)”

• I'm in on a CE 40 votes
    7%
  • I'm in on a SE 102 votes
    17%
  • I'm in on a LE 304 votes
    50%
  • I'm out for now 161 votes
    27%

(607 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,067 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20191008_163836 (resized).jpg
20191008_163235 (resized).jpg
20191008_163257 (resized).jpg
20191008_163241 (resized).jpg
Monster-Bash-5 (resized).jpg
Monster-Bash-17 (resized).jpg
Monster-Bash-18 (resized).jpg
Monster-Bash-19 (resized).jpg
Monster-Bash-2 (resized).jpg
Monster-Bash-3 (resized).jpg
Monster-Bash-1 (resized).jpg
IMG_7846-1200px (resized).JPG
20191007_094901 (resized).jpg
Step_2 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20190925-194712_Drive (resized).jpg
B2E14A53-4001-48B2-8893-261E3BCD6066 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #4230 Potential fix for SDTM from scoop. Posted by Reznnate (7 months ago)

Post #5928 Frankenstein switch adjustment tips Posted by MGM2 (61 days ago)

Post #6026 Links to STDM Tweaks Posted by Oaken (47 days ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider djnoel30.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#304 11 months ago

Put my order in with Planetary Pinball, can’t Way!

#317 11 months ago
Quoted from Doug_Duba:

We were aware of the issue with the hole protector before Pinball Expo and were already working on a solution to make it stronger. Fortunately, the issue has been resolved. We spot welded in an additional .036” stainless steel liner to the existing part.
The part is secured without tape. As the screws are tightened, the rubber grommets expand to clamp the part into place. The modified parts have been tested and have shown no signs of distortion.[quoted image]

Wow, talk about getting on top of it out of the gate! Nice!

1 week later
#381 11 months ago

I know I have seen a 3D translite for AFM does anyone know if it has been made for MB?

#383 11 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

Not yet.
LTG : )

Oh that would be nice, I’m in on one of some talented folks can make one!

#414 11 months ago

So just got a message from Sara at PPS and everything is on track on their end. She is estimating that I will get my MBr LE either the first or second week of December. I am super excited, love this game and can't wait to have this in the home!

#416 11 months ago
Quoted from Jodester:

Were you a matching serial number buyer?
I haven't gotten any more info from JJ at Gex since his initial 30 to 90 day email. That was on October 23rd...

No I didn’t purchase anything prior as it relates to CGC remakes. I just made the decision and paid for it in full. I do know that those serial matching buyers will get theirs first though.

1 week later
#504 10 months ago

How did CGC come to be, is it a spin off of Stern or is this a completely independent company that started from scratch? It feels like the responses to customer requests, updates and quality just seem off the chart compared to what I have seen in general from other companies for the short time I have been in this hobby. I am real excited for this game and as a customer in general I think other manufactures and distributors could learn some lessons from this company. So far CGC has got 5 stars from me on Communication, Quality and Service. I've played the game and love it, just wasn't comfortable paying the kind of money the original was pulling in the market. Now to have an opportunity to enjoy this game in my home will be great..

#616 10 months ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

What, you were expecting some kind of mushy, sentimental, feel good post about Thanksgiving? and everyone should be standing around patting each other on the backs and give thanks for everything we have while totally disregarding the fact that these workers, probably working from paycheck to paycheck, are most likely working today and are building my $8300 play toy, and they are just hoping the family can score a new Intant Pot cooker from Walmart today for $65. You mean that kind of extra off? Or is reality something you don't like dealing with when you spend $8k on a toy built by those way less fortunate than yourself? I was just being as sincere as possible in the circumstance, so again, thank you to all the hard working men and women working today. Whether you build wonderful pinball machines, or are just keeping food on the table, we thank you.

Virtue signal much??? What the hell is the point of this post.. I know people that do that kind of work who live responsibly and probably have more money saved than I do..

#618 10 months ago
Quoted from fattdirk:

I can't wait to see the pics!

Sara told me that I am first on the list on shipping of the non-matching games and should get it by Dec 15th at the very latest but probably earlier. She told me that number matches are scheduled to start shipping out on November 26th this is with the part delays that we know of already. If I get it before someone else does I'll post a tone of my LE pics and any tech pics you folks need.

#625 10 months ago
Quoted from brucipher:

I wonder if something changed, because literally just a week ago Doug from CGC posted the following in this thread:

I want Sara to be right, but I have to believe Doug in this case...

That information came to me this past Tuesday via text so maybe things are starting to hum along. Bottom line is it sounds like everyone in the same boat will be getting their games before Christmas.

#629 10 months ago
Quoted from brucipher:

Great news if accurate!

I’ll pray for an under promise and an over delivery in this case

1 week later
#798 10 months ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

I don't care if you don't have any more LE's for sale.
Return my call. Because, I might buy something else from you in the future. But, if this is how you run things. Then no.

I don’t understand that mind set, if you have a history of buying games you should be treated like a valued customer and get a return call at the very least.. What drives me crazy the most is when inquing about these games being made to feel like their doing you favor or something buying their $8000 “limited” product! Turns me off completely and out of spite I go elsewhere.

#805 10 months ago

That’s a nice line up! Can’t wait for my LE, I see you got a Circus Voltaire in there. That’s one of my dream games at the moment just haven’t had the opportunity to buy one. Congrats on your MB!

#807 10 months ago
Quoted from drummermike:

Thanks. I saw the CV for sale from Firebird Pinball. He did a nice job shopping it. I jumped on it right away! One of my favorites. Only pin I have beaten so far. You will love your LE.

I have one of those VPCabs and play CV quite often, not the same but still a fun game. I've been anxiously waiting in the mean time I've been playing MB virtually on the Vertigo to hold me over hahaha

#889 10 months ago

Does anyone know if the standard invisible glass that fits on Stern machines will fit MBr?

2 weeks later
#1538 9 months ago
Quoted from hawknole:

Fluorescent green sling protectors, much better than those big washers IMHO:[quoted image]

Are those specific to MBr or is that sling protector a standard size? I found this for MET.. Are these the same size you think?

https://www.pinballlife.com/fluorescent-green-slingshot-return-lane-protector-set-for-metallica.html

#1542 9 months ago
Quoted from hawknole:

Those might work. I bought the AFM ones from Mezel Mods knowing the orange wouldn’t work. Plus I had to drill new holes to make the sling protectors fit.

Cool thanks

#1621 9 months ago
Quoted from homegameroom:

Has anyone with a NON matching serial number LE received a request to pay their balance in full (and/or received shipping notification)? I’m guessing the answer is no, but thought I’d ask anyway.

I paid mine in full when I put my name in for it, I am being told first half of January for my NON matching machine.

1 month later
#2810 8 months ago
Quoted from JFink8222:

As I am very excited and anxiously waiting for my “non-matching (you suck)” MBrLE, I have learned a valuable lesson. I will NEVER put a deposit down on a game in the future. There will always be games available when they are fully released. It’s too bad that CGC tainted my views on pre-ordering a NIB machine. Oh well. I’ll still love it and be excited whenever it finally gets here.

Same here, I’m very excited to get my games but I’m done. Between this and ACNC I’m done screwing around with these BS hype trains and will just wait next time..

1 week later
#3394 8 months ago

Sara called me yesterday and informed me that my MBLE is getting shipped today. She knew I was concerned about the cabinet issue and she called me first to make sure I was good on this one before they shipped it. She gave me the option to wait on another batch to be certain the game was produced with the new decal process they put in place. We assume the game was made this past week so I rolled the dice and went with the game available to me now. Even if it's a game produced the other way she said out of 100's of games they have sold she maybe had 2 or 3 decal splits like what we have seen as of late so I like those odds. Worst case I'll put a ticket in if it ends up with a split in the seem. I should have it mid week next week so I am very excited to finally have the game in the house! Really like PP and Sara has been great to deal with during this process.

#3398 8 months ago
Quoted from seenev:

Number matching?

Non-number matching

#3435 8 months ago

Non-matching MBLE #431 scheduled to be at my door on Tuesday the 12th.

#3439 8 months ago
Quoted from delt31:

great to hear!
btw - I played the LE for the first time yesterday. It is GORGEOUS!!! Some takeaways:
1) PF is stunning - toys, shine on the PF....total package. I would say the LE looks even better than my Pirates. No joke.
2) Sound on the game was great. The built in sub is def IMO better than my AFMLE.
3) Little splitting of the decal on the left side
4) Blue powder is darker than what I thought from videos
5) Topper is cool but AFM SMOKES it
6) Brighter than I thought but def dark down the middle to flippers
7) Big DMD color looks so good. It's even better than AFM
Overall really impressed with it. Prob the biggest thing is how loaded it felt and how gorgeous it looks considering I'm used to seeing MB kind of beat up. Excited to get it. Heard my non match will be avail later this month.

That’s great! Were you able to hit that Phantom flipper? How does that work, there are a tone of pages on this thread and can’t find the post anywhere.

#3600 8 months ago

Will have the non-matching LE #431 at the house between 2-5 tomorrow.

#3620 8 months ago

#431 is in the house and is gorgeous! No issues, delivery was on point and the game fire up like a gem! The toys definitely have more detail than the pictures I have seen. I inspect every inch and this machine is absolutely perfect! Thank you CGC for making this game and keeping it solid all the way here!

#3657 8 months ago

My youngest is really digging MBr LE! She has hounded me to play two player games with her and lost her mind when she hit Drac! Hahaha

DE6A49B5-1AEF-4424-8024-3F870756848B (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#4580 6 months ago

Got one set aside for me at the BackAlleyCreations booth at TPF! It looks sick, I love Frankenstein the DJ!

MB (resized).jpg
#4585 6 months ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

I dig it for sure, wonder what that costs

$225

#4605 6 months ago

Looks pretty good what do you folks think?

0F30A5C2-07F0-4777-AF4D-0C3070C5FFDF (resized).jpeg16F56A06-D8B1-4AF3-9C9B-7BB215D4620C (resized).jpeg5E73A58E-C235-47D9-8576-7BF24BBC6C9D (resized).jpeg
#4620 6 months ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

where did you get that?

Back alley Creations at TPF

4 weeks later
#5313 5 months ago

Is there a way to tone down the sensitivity of the slings, they go off at the slightest graze by the ball. I checked the menus and couldn't find anything, was wondering if anyone has a solution or is this just part of the game play to figure out.

#5316 5 months ago
Quoted from Maide:

There is a way, but you need to physically adjust the switch. If you've never done that, I recommend you buy the Leaf Switch adjuster tool from your favourite pinball parts website/supplier, and watch a few video/text guides on "adjusting leaf switches" either on these forums or on youtube. There's a bunch of varying quality. The only advice I have is to try to adjust as close to the base as possible, and always the short side.

I'll look into it, thanks for the help

1 month later
#5605 4 months ago

It's great seeing the kids digging pinball and not burying themselves in a cell phone. My youngest loves the Wolf-man call outs.. "Oh no not the moon" is her favorite and repeats it every time

https://www.facebook.com/leigh.macneil.1/videos/pcb.10159539355641509/10159539354816509/?type=3&theater

#5644 4 months ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

It’s dark, I add some spotlights and now it’s ok and you still have the lightning effects

I added a blue trough light, it has a nice glowing effect on the green and keeps the bottom area lit

#5663 4 months ago
Quoted from rad:

Did you use a kit or wire your own LED strip? If kit, which one? If you wired your own LED strip - how/where did you connect that? thanks.

https://lermods.com/products/monster-bash-remake-pinball-led-strip-interactive-rgb-trough-light-kit

It's super easy to connect it, took me two minutes

#5673 4 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Topper can't be purchased separately unless someone with a LE wants to part with theirs.
Supposedly munsters and MB are similar...but I haven't played one so I can't say for sure. I think MB theme is a bit more timeless than Munsters even if it is a game from the 90's.

I own the LE so my opinion is a little screwed, Munsters doesn't even come close to the quality even with the addition of the mini playfield.

2 months later
#5981 54 days ago

Still loving my MBLE! Gets the most play in the house! This going to be a permanent fixture for sure!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider djnoel30.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside