(Topic ID: 222461)

Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)

By MrSanRamon

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,332 posts
  • 732 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by KingMixer
  • Topic is favorited by 277 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)”

• I'm in on a CE 77 votes
    9%
  • I'm in on a SE 172 votes
    21%
  • I'm in on a LE 396 votes
    48%
  • I'm out for now 182 votes
    22%

(827 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wire switch 2 (resized).jpg
R orbit switch (resized).jpg
IMG_4951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4943 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0464 (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
IMG_3190 (resized).jpeg
Wolfman (resized).jpg
IMG_2467 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4014 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231111_165525077 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20231112-165133 (resized).png
20231110_123120 (resized).jpg
20231105_122730 (resized).jpg
94B393B7-CB09-4AFB-A166-CF0EC7F7F9A0 (resized).jpeg
3D150F78-A1C1-4B31-A9FA-00031163D7C1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #4230 Potential fix for SDTM from scoop. Posted by Reznnate (5 years ago)

Post #5928 Frankenstein switch adjustment tips Posted by MGM2 (4 years ago)

Post #6026 Links to STDM Tweaks Posted by Oaken (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chirocop.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#386 5 years ago

I'm buying an LE. Does this pin come with a working Coin Mechanism? I believe Medieval Madness did not.

#395 5 years ago

Can anyone explain what the "Phantom Flip" is...and if this remake will have it?

#398 5 years ago

That's pretty impressive. Sounds like the game will be watching me...and learning about my particular playing nuances.....and adjusting accordingly.

#417 5 years ago

I had to call Chicago Gaming earlier in the day. Had a question about pinball height...with topper. They appear to be taller than my Sterns. I used the opportunity to inquire when MB LE's would be delivered. He said SE's just shipped...then on to LE's with matching serial numbers. Mine will be non-matching...these should make it under the Chrustmas Tree he said. It sounds like no production related issues...thus far. Stoked to get mine!!

#421 5 years ago

He was nice and walked out to production floor to measure height of LE with topper. I'll be putting mine in a tight spot...so inches count.
He said, depending on what height you set your legs to, 83" - 84" tall with Topper.

#447 5 years ago

I called CGC a week ago in regards to a question I had. He advised a large load of SE's left the dock on previous day. He felt positive non-matching LE's would make it under Christmas Tree.

#451 5 years ago

I believe CGC used Stern's Spike system on Medieval Madness remake. They still use that system, or did they implement their own?

1 week later
#662 5 years ago
20181126_123854 (resized).jpg20181126_123854 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20181126-123208_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20181126-123208_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
#663 5 years ago

This is advertises the LE with "Plasma Disc" pop bumpers. Is this legit?

20181126_123854 (resized).jpg20181126_123854 (resized).jpg
#740 5 years ago

I know JJP Pins are super heavy. Are CGC Pins comparable in weight to Stern's? This will be my first CGC Pin.

#766 5 years ago

I have an LE on order, but never played this Pin. Is Creature from the Black Lagoon an actual toy...or a hologram inside the playfield? Looks to me like an actual toy...but if so...how did they get it inside the playfield? Dumb question...but I'm just curious.

#770 5 years ago
Quoted from fanuminski:

damn...i jumped the gun and ordered these - thinking these would be nice with the extra cushion. why
do they "suck"? (i havent received them yet)

I ordered them as well. Waiting for them to be delivered. Sounds like a bad purchase on my part

#774 5 years ago

Pretty nice topper "option" for non-LE buyers. Looks to be around $299.00 online.

s-l400-1 (resized).jpgs-l400-1 (resized).jpg
#864 5 years ago
Quoted from fanuminski:

well - they look like they're cut out (poorly) with scissors. I'm going to just eat it... may use the Frank and Drac ones -
you won't notice how poorly cut they are from playing distance. I'm more concerned with how they will hold
up on the targets and not spit out pieces of that foam or backer material that was used.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I received my stickers today as well. I'll see how they hold up before I say anything negative.

2 weeks later
#1442 5 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

Mine made it this morning...just need a bit of help moving it into the house. Made separate post to ask for help.
Robert
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

You had some bad luck with your last delivery. This thing better be pristine!!

#1632 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballHog:

I got my MBRLE this week and set it up last night for Christmas this morning. There was a rubber piece in with the bag of fuses. Does this piece go under the glass stuck to the apron to keep the glass from rattling?

Can you post a pic of where it's suppose to go when you have a chance? Thanks

#1830 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

That wireform looks incorrectly up against the wall or not lined up properly...see how the left side of the ball looks like it is on the side of the rail rather than on top of it? It looks like it is getting caught up on it because the left rail pushes it into the wall.

He's right...unless the picture is messing with my eyes.

#1912 5 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

I own both. Completely different games. ST is a great Steve Ritchie flow game. MB is a pinnacle of pinball title. They compliment each other.

I have Star Trek LE, and waiting for my MBr LE. Star Trek gets the most play by far in my small collection. Friends, family, guests initially play all my pins...then gravitate back to Star Trek. That pin is bolted to my floor. Also, aesthetically it's a beautiful game. Chaser lights on the side, illuminated speakers, lights on both sides of back box, laser beam for playfield.
Doubt you will ever see this much attention go into a Stern game going forward.
Plus, it's a Steve Ritchie game with great flow.
Remember, this is just my opinion. I'm still waiting for my MBr LE...so I cannot compare the two pins.

#2030 5 years ago
Quoted from SDAmusements:

Well today was a bummer....Guess it really is a good idea to always open the box!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Wow!! I see some minor damage to box loaded on forklift...but didn't expect to see that mess. Was there additional damage to other side of box as well?

By the way, very sorry about that. I'm sure it really let the wind out of your sails.

1 week later
#2339 5 years ago
Quoted from cheshirefilms:

The rate things are going, the SE is going to be the *actual* Limited Edition,
Much the same as the standard stainless editions are on Jersey Jack games- that is, much fewer made and sold-
While the "standard" LE customers are the ones that have to wait the longest to get their games.
I can just see, once the LE sells out, a "monster edition" with different extras, numbered...etc.
Keep that money train rollin' in!

I'm curious why you're interested in purchasing an LE topper for your SE ? An earlier post stated CGC disabled topper software for SE and CE games. Is there a back door around this?

#2623 5 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-monster-bash-limited-edition-4
Used MBr LE for sale already. Here’s your chance to buy one and not have to wait.

Can't believe someone is already parting with their new LE !! That was a quick honeymoon

#2626 5 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

Can I have that one?
Just kidding! Great job CGC! Can’t wait to get my machine!! I’ll wait as long as it takes....I did wait 9months for my son; and that was beyond worth it!

My parents waited 9 months for me. They're beyond pissed!!

1 week later
#3062 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballCoug:

I believe this shows the seam you're talking about
[quoted image]

So...are these cracks showing up NIB, or a couple days after you put the legs on?

1 week later
#3464 5 years ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Thanks good to know as this makes at least 2 non-matching LEs out in the wild in the last week.

Thought he said it WAS "number matching."

1 week later
#3763 5 years ago
Quoted from JFink8222:

Well, just got my call from Hemispheres Amusements! My NON-Matching MBrLE is shipping to me tomorrow!! I was #2 in the cue for non matching. Can’t wait!

Congrats!!
I just received a call from Automated Services. My non-matching LE ships tomorrow. Said they just received a few LE's today from CGC.

#3832 5 years ago
Quoted from Mokthemagicman:

So are we finally done with the matching LE's? Are they shipping nonmatching now?
Can anyone confirm?

Yes. I paid in full back in November. Purchased from Automated Services (pinballs.com). My non-matching LE drop-shipped yesterday. It will be delivered next week.

1 week later
#4052 5 years ago

Non-matching LE number 1107 arrived. Cabinet is pristine. Playfield destroyed. Appears this machine was dropped. On its way back.
Don't trust these shipping companies guys.

20190228_124548 (resized).jpg20190228_124548 (resized).jpg20190228_141104 (resized).jpg20190228_141104 (resized).jpg20190228_141122 (resized).jpg20190228_141122 (resized).jpg
#4054 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

wow that sucks....sorry that happened to u....

I'm no Physicist, but the damage was indicative of raising the pallet 2 or 3 feet off the ground...then dropping it straight down.

#4096 5 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

you have to be a great player to play with a microscope!
play and enjoy. no new pin is perfect. go to the ce thread and look at some of the issues they are having upon arrival.

I agree. I took delivery of my LE yesterday. It arrived in pieces.
Beware of these Freight Companies guys !!

20190228_124548 (resized).jpg20190228_124548 (resized).jpg20190228_141104 (resized).jpg20190228_141104 (resized).jpg
#4200 5 years ago

I was looking at the bottom of my LE cabinet...which is sitting next to my Aerosmith LE. Stern used particle board on the Aerosmith. MBr LE uses high quality plywood. This thing is solid.

#4237 5 years ago
Quoted from jbug:

Did you come across this: amazon.com link »
Drac is about 7 inches high. Only one left at Amazon. [quoted image]

I'd pass on this Drac action figure. Smile on his face...sporting a huge package...kinda creepy.

#4239 5 years ago
Quoted from wyopin:

It’s alive!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Any issues out of the box?
Looks great !!

#4241 5 years ago

I've noticed my Frankenstein spotlight ONLY turns on when his table stands him upright. Is this normal? Either mine has an issue...or it's greatly under used.

#4248 5 years ago
Quoted from shock_me:

Well looky here! I've bent one or two of these myself over the years no biggie! Frankie is well lit again [quoted image]

My Frankie spotlight only illuminates (flashes) when his table brings him to a standing position for multi ball. Is this normal? Seems it should turn on more often.

#4256 5 years ago

He wants to jam with Algae.

20190307_201626 (resized).jpg20190307_201626 (resized).jpg
#4257 5 years ago

These huge bolts look important. I must have put the game together too fast. Where do they go??

20190308_011120 (resized).jpg20190308_011120 (resized).jpg
#4258 5 years ago

These huge bolts look important. I must have put the game together too fast. Where do they go??

#4260 5 years ago
Quoted from Kungen:

They should be in the bottom of the backbox down to the cabinet.

Oh crap!! Thank you. I'm use to Stern pins.

#4268 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Inside the backbox on the bottom. Hold the head to the cabinet. Don't depend on the little clip in the rear, which is only meant to help set the game up.
LTG : )

Thank you!!

#4269 5 years ago

Thanks to Mezel Mods, Frank has a comfy table.

20190308_160823 (resized).jpg20190308_160823 (resized).jpg
#4273 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I've had one installed for a couple weeks. It is MONEY. It makes the game look outstanding. Fits both original and remakes (which are different!). Get this, the blue trough light, and maybe the flasher covers, and you are good to go.

I've had my game for a week. You're right, that trough area is a bit dark. The proximity sensors for Phantom Flip take up space where a couple LEDs should be.

#4279 5 years ago

In regards to the Creature ball eject, mine seems really weak. It strikes the ball just hard enough to get it out of the hole. Is this normal?
If not, is the coil strength adjustable?

#4285 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Page 1-16 in the manual. Left eject strength, in the CGC menu.
LTG : )

I changed it from Default to Max...but nothing changed as far as eject strength.

#4353 5 years ago
20190314_200540 (resized).jpg20190314_200540 (resized).jpg
#4380 5 years ago
Quoted from cheshirefilms:

Before and After PDI glass installed in my Special Edition You can't even see the ramp and the monsters through the blurr of the regular glass..the difference is like night and day.
[quoted image][quoted image]

1.) How much is it?
2.) Where do I get it?

#4457 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Yeah... I don't know if I'll be able to get the blooming thing adjusted correctly... Just a real pain in the rear right now.
Hate it so much. I tried the screws as I said... Am I to just blindly twist and check, twist and check...
There is no way to tell which way to go, and when to stop. Just a garbage design I think.

I see I'm not the only one with lockdown bar issues. I have the same problem. Takes me about 10 minutes to get it halfway secured. I've taken it on/off about a dozen times since I got it. All the wear/tear would lead you to believe it's off a MB Original.

1 week later
#4667 5 years ago
Quoted from JFink8222:

Anyone know when the lightening bolt up by the pop bumpers is supposed to light? Mine doesn’t ever seem to turn on

I've noticed this as well. Don't believe I've ever seen it illuminated on mine.

1 week later
#4966 5 years ago
Quoted from Jarson:

Been waiting for my MBRLE since October 20th 2018.
Today it finally came.
RoadRunner Freight was the carrier. I refused delivery and am waiting to hear back the resolution from my dist.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Why would they even attempt delivery on something like this? Do they believe someone will actually sign for this??

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.95
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
12,125 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Paul, MN
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Asheville, NC
$ 210.00
£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chirocop.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-remake-mbr-owners-club?tu=chirocop and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.