(Topic ID: 222461)

Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)

By MrSanRamon

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 6,384 posts
  • 494 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 hours ago by shiffdog
  • Topic is favorited by 204 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)”

• I'm in on a CE 43 votes
    7%
  • I'm in on a SE 101 votes
    16%
  • I'm in on a LE 311 votes
    50%
  • I'm out for now 161 votes
    26%

(616 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,087 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

C33AE3F9-B57B-4D1D-B9E1-F138ACC84518 (resized).jpeg
buttons.gif
F19A316C-7809-454A-AB56-A8DC6357849D (resized).jpeg
DFEA4289-EAE9-43AA-A293-7929C1561AD7 (resized).jpeg
D63BF020-095A-4E70-AE6D-043891A38F96 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1271 (resized).JPG
IMG_1270 (resized).JPG
31E430BD-4148-4748-8879-822C90B7ED6E (resized).jpeg
IMG_20191101_165435 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191101_165432 (resized).jpg
0.jpg
DSC00132 (resized).JPG
61d4a8a5ce789e5fa04984f4d6828f9d0c5a0f8c.jpeg (resized).jpg
57D7756A-0748-48D7-87F8-8C96CFF43293 (resized).jpeg
2B90EE92-8BDF-4EA4-9C29-AF399750E178 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0567 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #4230 Potential fix for SDTM from scoop. Posted by Reznnate (8 months ago)

Post #5928 Frankenstein switch adjustment tips Posted by MGM2 (3 months ago)

Post #6026 Links to STDM Tweaks Posted by Oaken (80 days ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider canea.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3159 9 months ago
Quoted from Mdanielb:

manifests dependent upon temperature extremes during deliver

Quoted from cheshirefilms:

All that's changed that we know of for sure in that time is the weather.

Maybe the cabinets contracting and expanding slightly during periods of cold during shipping could cause fluctuations with the decals? Or could be the vinyl itself becomes brittle in the cold and breaks easier during shipping. I have one on order, but it's subzero where I'm at, so yeah...

1 week later
#3708 9 months ago

SE 2191 reporting in. Beautiful game, really think CGC did an excellent job with this machine. Hate to see the dimples forming on that glossy pristine playfield, but not going to prevent me from playing the heck out of it. Scoop protector also gets beat to shit in a hurry, but otherwise, everything is good out of the box - not regretting the purchase at all.

1 week later
#3892 8 months ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Didn't get any spare plastics here. And for the amount I paid, I really think it would be nice to get a spare set.
Seems a bit cheap, not getting them.

Wish it would have come with a keychain plastic at least... anybody got a line on those?

#3994 8 months ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Thanks man. Guess that was my wishful thinkin. Damn. Might just have to wait for one to come up used.

Get an SE Gryszzz! You know you need that mosh pit multiball - most metal mode in pinball!

#4125 8 months ago
Quoted from delt31:

OK - my left and right ramp act exactly as you described. Thanks.
How about your returns from the right orbit? Are they dropping to your right flipper or hitting right sling?

Returns from my right orbit only hit the right flipper about a third of the time - usually they hit the sling. Unsure if this is just leveling; I've tried my best on that. Pitch is 7.1-7.2. Not a really big deal, but would love to see the orbit hit the flipper 100%, especially for looping orbits.

#4132 8 months ago

It's definitely an easy game, particularly if you stack the modes to collect instruments. Only took me a couple days to get to MoR; had a friend over and he got there in a couple games. No ball saves, steep pitch, harder outlanes help to make it faster and harder for sure. I also own Theatre of Magic - a game that constantly gets ripped for being too easy - and Monster Bash is easier imo. I think this era the is the perfect blend of fun and moderate challenge though. I like getting to wizard mode more often vs. a game that I know I'll never complete. Monster bash doesn't feel that different from MoR to me (and on a good game, they usually run back to back anyway), though the gimmick of collecting the instruments in MoR is well implemented.

I wish there was ONE more thing going on - like instead of Lyman's Lament, maybe a tour completion or tour wizard mode for hitting all the music venues via the scoop.

#4135 8 months ago
Quoted from cheshirefilms:

It's interesting, despite these wishes said- this is still, right now, rated on Pinside as THE greatest pin of all time....

Maybe a little bit of a honeymoon period there. It is a great game though, plenty fast, and so high on the fun factor. Any skill level of player can step up to it and be dazzled and have a fun time, even if it's just achieving the Frank multiball. I still struggle to trigger mosh pit multiball at appropriate times, and find that aspect of the game very challenging. Glad CGC made this more available.

#4208 8 months ago
Quoted from delt31:

In all seriousness - did the LE come with key fobs b/c not sure i saw mine??

I'm going to make a couple as soon as China sends me some cheap ass clear keychain thingies. Whoever complains the most about the MBrs not coming with a key fob can have one.

2 weeks later
#4616 7 months ago

Mine seemed to dimple up awful fast too, flippers at -4. I think it's just going to be the nature of the beast with the poppy flippers and airballs off the scoop, frank, and phantom targets. The solution is... to play more.

#4778 7 months ago

-sometimes just need a reminder not to post on pinside, thx

1 week later
#5100 7 months ago

I've got a rule question. Mosh Pit multiball is lit by 6 shots through the spinner, correct? What causes this count to reset? It carries over from ball to ball, but I'll build it up and then something will happen and it will return to zero.

#5166 7 months ago
Quoted from SkaterVet:

....and all is right with the world. Congrats Bubble Head. Enjoy!

Except for that credit dot... It really does play like 20 years ago! haha! Glad you got your game.

3 weeks later
#5433 6 months ago
Quoted from Johncare07:

Anyone have a solve for the phantom flipper not being accurate? I have:

My phantom flip suuuuuuuuuucks.

Sometimes I'll let it have a turn just for the novelty of the machine ruining whatever streak I'm on.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider canea.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside