(Topic ID: 222461)

Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)

By MrSanRamon

11 months ago

Topic Stats

• 5,789 posts
  • 453 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by donjagra
  • Topic is favorited by 179 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)”

• I'm in on a CE 34 votes
    6%
  • I'm in on a SE 93 votes
    16%
  • I'm in on a LE 288 votes
    50%
  • I'm out for now 156 votes
    27%

(571 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 948 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

7D85D5AD-7F68-438B-A19E-5EE0B2FB8B99 (resized).jpeg
93D88E6E-8392-45E5-BAFE-651C73BBECBF (resized).jpeg
2D9A1393-7598-4694-8937-DDBB388ACE02 (resized).jpeg
02 (resized).jpg
01 (resized).jpg
2DE7CFFF-0211-410F-B91D-AD2DB1E2019C (resized).jpeg
20190708_084204 (resized).jpg
660B9EF1-AAFC-4BF6-90F2-729D013E2A62 (resized).jpeg
9D4EC4D8-7AFE-44D0-BC10-AE085CD1F659 (resized).jpeg
20190703_130731 (resized).jpg
3C617DF4-9387-494C-9EAF-AF3E7CC93254 (resized).jpeg
B56D113C-4E3B-4DEA-857B-0FB178E1D5D8 (resized).jpeg
83324B3C-1EC3-461C-908A-3A2CC5A6769C (resized).jpeg
167994E5-10F0-4F5A-BC2F-5A661D6E5687 (resized).jpeg
20190703_153608 (resized).jpg
20190703_141127 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigdaddy07.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#236 9 months ago

I'm in for LE #113 to match my AFMLE

FWIW, PPS told me these were selling at a much faster pace than the AFMLEs were. So it was probably a good move for them to add 250 units to the run. Still, I'll bet there are still LEs available a year from now. The real urgency is just for the people wanting the matching numbers.

3 weeks later
#420 8 months ago

Wow! If all that is true, then I should have my matching serial number LE by the end of the month (I would think).

#422 8 months ago
Quoted from ChiroCop:

He was nice and walked out to production floor to measure height of LE with topper. I'll be putting mine in a tight spot...so inches count.

Well at least it doesn't jump up and down.

#426 8 months ago
Quoted from bigdog50:

email received today from PPS stated "it looks like all number match games will start to ship the week after Thanksgiving" and asked for final payment

Me too. Very exciting.

#428 8 months ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

why would u make the final payment so far in advance from the game actually shipping? 2 days yes....2 weeks no way....2 weeks can easily turn into 4

That's just how it is man. I had a deposit on Alien for 2 years, now that sucks.

#486 8 months ago

With 1479 sold, I wonder how many of the 1250 LEs have been spoken for?

#552 8 months ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

It looks like they doubled up the scoop protection, it almost looks like a mantis style protector combined with a cliffy style protector... and they included a drain hole protector.

Throw a shooter lane protector in there and the games bullet proof. That's what I love about these CGC games, I really don't have to add much of anything to get it exactly how I want it. Typically with Sterns, I have to dump another $400 to get it there.

#558 8 months ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

If you don't mind me asking, what are you using?

For the shooter lane? I use cliffys. Sometimes I'll even go a step further and put mylar down as well.

#569 8 months ago
Quoted from Quadrat:

For me it's based on the deal I made with distro. 1,000.00 down payment, balance do 2-3 weeks prior to shipping.
This is my third remake, second with same distro. Mine is also a matching LE #.

Now you don't have to pay in full early. You can wait until later and get one. Like right now many are getting ARMR pins. Buy now ship now. You can always wait until when they have them in stock.

This is correct. If you want a matching number, this is the only way to do it. They are not going to build your matching number game ahead of everyone else and then wait for you to pay while it sits. If you are not matching number, then wait until they have stock built out and then buy to avoid the 2 weeks paid with no game.

1 week later
#732 7 months ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Holy heels man, that’s a lot of shoes!

I was assuming he owned a shoe store, but yah I guess that could be a collection.

Quoted from bigd1979:

Ha...lol u sld see my lady's shoe collection..... in the 150-200 pair range.....

I'm sure they aren't payless shoes, so that means your lady has no room to ever complain about your pinball hobby. Lets say they are on the conservative side and ~$50 per pair, that's at least 10k in shoes with little tangible value. Especially since the resale on used shoes is probably near zero?

#743 7 months ago
Quoted from ChiroCop:

I know JJP Pins are super heavy. Are CGC Pins comparable in weight to Stern's? This will be my first CGC Pin.

My AFMLE is noticeably heavier than my IMDN premium. IMDN was a breeze to move into my gameroom.

#758 7 months ago
Quoted from PBMAN:

I’m sure most have seen it already but I am selling my MBr SE for $6,900 with Side Blades and clear Titans. If it doesn’t sell in next 24 hrs I am using as a trade for a new game.

The game just didn't resonate with you? You couldn't have had it for more than a week at best.

#901 7 months ago

My distro PPS sent me an email yesterday, notifying me that the matching number LEs start shipping next week.

#904 7 months ago
Quoted from netman63129:

I am also in the St. Louis area. Who is your distributor? The one that I had been using is unresponsive.

PPS (Planetary Pinball)

#975 7 months ago

I need an easier game and I think MBR will fit that bill nicely. It will be a nice break from getting the shit kicked out of me from my other games.

#994 7 months ago
Quoted from fattdirk:

It's a phenomenal game. There's a reason a nice copy was demanding 10k before the remakes were announced. I think it's funny people are talking about beating it everytime. Open your damn outlanes and jack up the legs then. Anyone can beat a game in easy mode with closed outlanes.

Yeah its funny how often I hear guys talk about how easy a game is only to find out that they have it setup really easy. Closed outlanes and even five ball. I always start with my games set up difficult and then make easier if I find I'm constantly struggling to the point where its no fun to play. I don't doubt there are some aces out there that can't get the game set up hard enough to be a challenge, but for us mortals, its plenty challenging.

#1028 7 months ago

Just got notice that my MBRLE ships out tomorrow. It's getting close!

#1038 7 months ago
Quoted from srmonte:

What game number are you?

Quoted from Quadrat:

Who did you buy your game from?

PPS

Update- they are telling me it's shipping on Wednesday.

#1210 7 months ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Shows how different we are.

I thought AFMR was one of the brightest games I have ever seen!

I love how bright it is. Its also the one game that my wife can't play in a dark room because she's sensitive to bright lights.

#1230 7 months ago
Quoted from WackyBrakke:

Why do you guys play in a completely dark room? Turn on the lights

I only play my games in the dark and with the sound way up. I love having the full effect. However, I agree if you have an issue with lighting, then I suppose you can just play with the room lights on. Personally, I would just add a couple of spot lights, which are cheap, easy to install, and effective.

#1265 7 months ago
Quoted from brucipher:

I hope we get to see some pics of LEs in new owners homes this week!

Mine is going to be delivered on Wednesday. Pictures to come.

#1374 7 months ago

Ready set aaaaand....now I have to go back to work.

20181219_140311 (resized).jpg20181219_133816 (resized).jpg
#1416 7 months ago

Got her setup. Initial thoughts are:
It played perfect out of the box.
The game is flawless.
The lighting is great.
The sound is somewhat lacking compared to my AFMLE.
Still need to get it dialed in, but I can tell that hole protector ain't going to cut it over the long haul.
Oh yeah, did I mention the game is beautiful?

20181219_203417 (resized).jpg20181219_205610 (resized).jpg20181219_210211 (resized).jpg
#1417 7 months ago
20181219_203405 (resized).jpg
#1438 7 months ago
Quoted from fanuminski:

I'm missing the purple.... it all looks like shades of blue to me (sucks being colorblind! )

In person its much more of a midnight blue and not purple at all. It really looks good. The photos are not doing the game any justice.

#1456 7 months ago

My 24 hr review of MBRLE. The game shoots smooth and is fun(most important), and of course is probably one of the best looking pins I've ever seen. The light show is a huge improvement over the original, in fact I couldn't imaging having an original after owning this game. The color changing GI just sets the perfect tone for each monster when their modes start. I'm putting to rest any thoughts (for now) that its going to be too easy. I put at least 20+ games on it and never even got monster bash going, let alone monsters of rock. The creature shot is the major hurdle for me as missed shots are often times punished with center drains. I have the game setup to 7.2 pitch and the outlanes at factory, which is in the center. No ball saves or extra balls above factory settings. I could chalk this up to fatigue as I'm playing after two long long work days, but as of right now, my ball times have been short and I'm feeling very compelled to hit start again.

Now for the bad. The audio blows. I like to have my games turned up and at full power 31, its just sounds like I have cotton stuffed in my ears. Such a huge difference from AFMLE. This really seems like something CGC can address with a software update. The audio feels held back. Its not like the speakers are crackling or the AMP is overwhelmed. Its like the audio output has been limited somehow. I'm curious on what others think regarding this?

#1503 7 months ago
Quoted from NorCalRealtor:

Isn't there a CGC sub-menu? I recall MMR has one. Maybe there's a master volume control in the CGC menu that you can crank up.

I've looked there a few times. Nothing for audio.

Quoted from NeilMcRae:

slightly surprised by the sound complaints. My original Monster Bash had the best sound for a Williams game... (I've sold it so I can get MBR LE serial matched with my MMR LE and AFM LE!)

I have to believe its an issue in the software, since my AFMLE has outstanding audio. Like I said, I think CGC can open this up with a simple software fix. Since the audio is IMO useless with anything that's turned up below the halfway point, change the volume adjustment level so that the new low is the current halfway point. Let us crank it up!! This is one one major disappointment in the game so far. I played it last night for a while then moved over to my IMDN and it just blew MBR away in audio. For 8k the audio should e better.

#1511 7 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Surprised to hear this - IMDN has some of the worst audio I’ve ever heard in a modern game. OT I know, but Care to share your settings?

In fairness, I upgraded my speakers and sub with FF 10" kit. Still, for 8k, I expected better sound output from MBRLE, especially considering how much better AFMRLE is by comparison.

Quoted from pintechev:

I am finding it loud and clear. Even on 8 or 9, it’s pretty loud in my home. How high up are you running it?

That's what I want to know. If no one else or few others have this issue, it could be that something is wrong with mine. I may need to open a ticket up.
I have it turned up all the way to 31, the max. On mine at 8 or 9, it would be basically muted.

#1516 7 months ago
Quoted from delt31:

For those with sound complaints are you using a sub too??

All stock on mine.

#1526 7 months ago
Quoted from Doug_Duba:

We have confirmed customer comments that MBr is currently less loud than AFMr. Both games use identical hardware so the maximum volume levels should be comparable.

We reprocessed the audio files and now the maximum volume of MBr is very close to AFMr.

We will try to have a software update available by 12/31/2018.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE!!!

A massive thanks to you and your amazing team Doug!! Happy holidays to you as well!

#1676 6 months ago

I feel like the figures on my LE look like to ones on the CGC website, but I'll need to take a closer look when I get home.

#1686 6 months ago

Here's mine. I think they look pretty good.

20181227_202304 (resized).jpg20181227_202158 (resized).jpg20181227_202256 (resized).jpg20181227_202158 (resized).jpg
#1704 6 months ago

I own both AFMR and MBR and have played various originals of both, and to me, the only difference I notice is that the remakes shoot smoother and faster. Most likely due to new vs old playfield and parts. I don't think I have ever played an MMR to compare with. It was the improvements on the remakes that pulled me in. The wide screen with improved animations and the light show. The toppers were a bonus.

#1705 6 months ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

Thanks for the pics. that didn’t look like as the ones they show on their website.
That is a big disappointment for me

I hear ya, but its really such a minor thing in the grand scheme. You can always repaint them to look however you want. I may do that down the road anyway.

#1718 6 months ago
Quoted from bohunr:

Inquiring minds dumb question here. Is anyone adding any other protections to their MBLE right out of the box, Shooting lane, play field, etc??

I just put some mylar down over the shooter lane. Usually I put a cliffy there, but I could never get in touch with him. The mylar appears to be adequate.

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Has no one added the Wolfman to their game? Travesty he wasn’t added by CGC

I thought this way until I got mine. I actually like the 3d plastic effect with the light full moon behind him.

#1777 6 months ago

I actually think the shaker integrates well with AFM and it really adds to the experience when blowing up the saucers. With MB, I wouldn't miss it at all. The color changing GI is were the remake really shines on MB.

#1825 6 months ago
Quoted from Lermods:

My ball gets stuck a little lower on the ramp. I need to increase pitch to 7.

Mine never gets stuck and I have my pitch set to 7.2.

I do get some frustrating SDTM drains coming out of the right orbit. Not a lot, but enough to piss me off, as there's no way I can save the ball. Anyone else seeing this? Sort of reminds me of TWDs right side orbit, but a little less severe.

#1827 6 months ago
Quoted from pintechev:

Is it hitting Dracula’s feet and bouncing to the middle? How’s the ball draining from the right orbit?

I don't think so. It's just smooth sailing down. I'd say it happens every 2 out of 10 times.

#1849 6 months ago
Quoted from MEuRaH:

This has been happening to me as well. Right off of Dracs feet, straight down the middle.

Ideas?

Yah I'm wondering if mine is bouncing off of dracs feet as well.

On another issue, I lit all the monsters and some of the instruments today. I started monster bash and finished. Then I noticed that I had collected the remaining instruments. So now I had everything I needed to light MoR. However, it never lit. I kept playing with all instruments and monsters lit, hit the scoop numerous times and even started mosh pit multiball. Am I missing something here? I thought lighting all the instruments and monsters would light MoR? I even watched a video to see what MoR looks like, just in case I had started it and not realized it during monster bash. I certainly did not play that mode. Could there be a bug of some sort? The monsters did un-light at some point and I started relighting them again, with all the instruments still remaining lit. It was very unexpected.

#1861 6 months ago
Quoted from pintechev:

Update installed. Much louder and clearer audio. It didn’t bother me before, but it’s certainly a nice change.

I just upgraded mine and its night and day louder. Since I had mine turned all the way up before, after the update and I rebooted, the sound was so loud it nearly scared me out of my skin. Which is cool, because it kept my settings. I now have it turned down to 17 and its in line with my AFMR. I can even hear the switch creak when Dr. Frankenstein turns it. Didn't notice that before.

#1873 6 months ago
Quoted from Plunger069:

I downloaded the update, but am having trouble getting it installed. What is your micro SD card supposed to be formatted to? FAT, FAT32 etc

CGC provides instructions here. You'll need to follow them exactly. The disk imager will create a bootable partition and the image file will place the files needed for the upgrade there.
https://www.chicago-gaming.com/coinop/monster-bash/update

#1891 6 months ago
Quoted from Plunger069:

More
Are you really running your sound at 17? I have installed the update and the volume at 3 is in line with my AFMr. Interesting to hear what others are playing their volume at with the update.

Yes. I like my games cranked up. It's probably why I was one of only a couple of guys to complain about the sound.

#1909 6 months ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

After the update, I have my MBr set at 1...and I'm mostly deaf.

I must be the one that's deaf. I doubt I could hear it at 1. I also crank movies up as well. If the house isn't shaking, its not loud enough.

#1917 6 months ago
Quoted from tomtest:

You said it didn't lose your settings but did it lose all your scores?

It kept my scores as well.

#2090 6 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Im curious how well Frank registers hits - I have an original MB but seem to have about 50% of shots to Frank not register. The switch is working fine, I think it may be alignment-related, but I'm not sure whether or not that's just normal. Does Frank generally register most shots on the new games? thx!

I have around 160 plays on mine and I've never noticed Frank hits not registering. I can say that so far, my game has no issues to speak of. Playfield is holding up well and even the hole protector is not too bad, though its certainly not in as good of shape as Cliffys I've had installed on other games. The whole game shoots very clean.

#2118 6 months ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

For those of you that are near CGC, did you receive your game the same day it was shipped?

I bought a NIB MMr from CGC and was one of the last people that were lucky enough to be allowed to pick it up in person. CGC no longer aloows this.

The shipping company, XPO Logistics, called me the next day to schedule delivery the following day. I'm in the STL area.

#2230 6 months ago
Quoted from drummermike:

I turned mine off.

I guess your not a fan of it, but you can override it by simply using the flipper. I find it an interesting feature, in that you really have to have a leap of faith to use it. I let off the flipper button and cringe each time, but it is really cool when it makes the shot for you. I'd say mine makes the shot a 60-70% of the time and bricks the other 30-40%, so that's probably better than my shooting anyway.

#2319 6 months ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Everything else can be duplicated on the SE, including the plasma disc

Is your plasma disk interactive or it just always on?

Quoted from GCS2000:

I did find this video of a super cool topper someone custom made which I actually like even better than the one on the LE. If I could figure out how to make this I would do this instead and skip the LE.

Yah that's cool and all if you can figure out how to do it yourself, but I have still yet to see another topper that really fits the theme and looks cool, aside from the LE version. Most are just a generic monster and really doesn't say monsters of rock.

#2322 6 months ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Interactive! There is a plug in the game specifically for the plasma disc.

Cool! So basically that can be added (and I think its worth it personally) for 80+shipping. Still, I think the LE is that way to go for a $700 price difference. You still get a really cool topper $500, powder coated armor $300, mirrored blades $100, shaker $100, and the plasma disk ~80+. That's almost 1100 in additions for $700. If you don't feel the shaker adds much (I agree) -100 and you prefer no blades -100, and you have some sort of hang up over the powder coating and plaque -300, you're getting a limited version and ~600 worth of extras for 700. I suppose if you fit in that specific camp, go for the SE. Personally, I really like all the additions and wouldn't change a thing. I do agree the shaker is easily forgettable on this game.

#2422 6 months ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

They basically don't commit to anything....I would be completely fine with delays if CGC didn't request full payment knowing full well they had ZERO chance of delivering....

I feel for you guys. I expect getting my game within a couple of weeks after full payment. Complete BS. I wonder who is more at fault here? If CGC told your distributor that the game is ready, send us the full payment now...then shame on CGC, otherwise shame on your distributor. This is why pre-orders suck.

On the bright side, its a great game and worth waiting for. You'll be happy in the end and you will get your game, unlike when I had cash down on Alien.

#2462 6 months ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

it’s delayed by a month or three to get it right then so be it. I’d rather wait for a correct finished product then something rushed just to please a few whinny customers

It's damned if they do and damned if they don't. My guess is the delay is due to a QC issue. If shipped out with that issue, they would be getting flamed for thier quality. If new parts had to be ordered, it could take a month or two to get the inventory. Where CGC is screwing up is communication, or lack of. Most people would be calm if they simply knew what was going on.

#2495 6 months ago
Quoted from dts:

I've played the LE quite a bit now, and it is just great!

I agree. I've had mine since the end of December and its still strangely addictive. Its more addictive than my AFMLE, though I feel AFMR is a better game overall. However, I tend to play more games in a row of MB than I do AFMR and I'm thinking back to when I first owned AFMR, so the honeymoon thing is factored in. My only guess is that my game times are shorter on MB than AFM. Usually after a couple of games of AFMR, I'm done, but I will play five or more MBR.

#2497 6 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Most people say MB is too easy

I have not found this to be the case at all. I've kept mine mostly stock with a 7.2 pitch. I have added a short ball save. I find the game to be challenging. I wonder how many of those people who claim its easy actually made it to monsters of rock or at least make it there on any sort of consistent basis? I recall when I played one that was well routed years ago, it played good and slow. I made it to monster bash on my second game and I remember thinking, this game is too easy. Well yes, monster bash is easier to get to than monsters of rock, but also playing on a new game with an unforgiving speed makes a huge difference.

#2582 6 months ago
Quoted from JMK:

I agree with a the above posters. If LEs are going to include the highest quality blemish free playfield, I would want to know that in advance.

That would be great additional promo bullet point for the LE models and does help to re-enforce my purchase of the LE versions of CGC games.

#2652 6 months ago
Quoted from LoserKid3:

I have 2 complaints. The first complaint is the same issue that Arcade is having. The ball will come out of the shooter lane and instead of going into to pops, it rejects. Can't tell if it is a gate issue but it has only happened 4 or 5 times out of the 100+ games my family put on it this weekend so it's hard to pinpoint BUT I've already talked to CGC and they are on top of it.

Last complaint is kind of a stupid one but I wish a Monster Bash key fob came with the pinball machine. I know it is really dumb but I like having a key fob from the specific pin for the key to tell the difference between my keys to my pins. I wouldn't mind so much if I could just buy a key fob online but apparently they are non existent for Monster Bash

I recall AFMR had similar issues (it was not going all the way around on the skill shot) and one cause of this was the auto plunger was not hitting flush with the ball. Check this by placing a ball in the shooter lane (with the game off) and make sure its centered with the plunger tip. Also, I had to turn down the plunger coil power a notch, since it was flying up and hitting the ramp above it. That fixed my AFMR, though some people had to bend their guides. Make sure the ball in not ramping up too much and hitting anything. I'll check my MBR later, since its always plunged without a problem.

Mine came with a fob, I'm assuming you looked in the bag for it. Send CGC a message requesting one, since they were clearly shipping them out with them at some point.

#2655 6 months ago
Quoted from MEuRaH:

I didn't get a key fob. Is CGC really going to go out of their way to give me a 25 cent item?

They should. Its not your fault they failed to include it.

#2670 6 months ago

I'm not a very good picture taker, but here's my protector after 186 plays. If you zoom in, you can see a few dings, but not too bad.

20190121_204610 (resized).jpg
#2723 5 months ago
Quoted from Pinballocd:

Have a MBRLE on order. What is the general consensus on adding a powered sub to this LE Remake? I have them on every game in my collection.

I find the audio quality to be very good on both AFMLE and MBRLE. I'm haven't felt the need to upgrade either one. I'd be interested if you find that it makes a significant impact.

#2935 5 months ago
Quoted from cheshirefilms:

Default no ball save. Open outlanes. Good luck reaching Monsters of Rock with any regularity then. Lightning flippers would make game ridiculous hard at that point

I'm an average player at best and having owned it for over a month and playing almost daily (over 200 games now), I've have been one shot away from lighting MoR two times. I did add a ball save. Its not the most difficult wizard mode to reach, but it's no way easy either. Back when I had TZ, I got to LITZ much more frequently. I know that's not considered difficult, but just using it as a comparison.

The one trick that gets me close, is to stack your monster modes with Frankenstein multiball. You can't qualify them during that multiball, but you can earn their instruments, if the modes are already going when you start it. However, its just not easy getting them going at the same time.

#3016 5 months ago

My phantom flip has been working suprisingly well. The other day I was battling Drak and needed just one more hit, the Phantom flip shot the ball into the scoup and I was like WTF? Then I realized it gave me garlic cloves and I pressed the lauch button and finished him off.

#3018 5 months ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

There are times that you don’t want to shoot for Frank untill you have qualified another monster mode, yet it shoots for Frank Multiball every time.

Yes it does and that's very frustrating. You just have to know that and not take the Phantom flip when Frank is ready to start.

#3173 5 months ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

I swear as much as we want this game back in the house I can tell you I am close to dropping my LE order and buying a JJP POTC. Very disappointed about all these issues with the cab/decals and they appear to be getting worse.

The problem is that JJP POTC NIB buyers (if your reading through the owners thread) are having their fair share of issues as well. Off center toppers that can't be corrected, too tight of cabinets, numerous black pearl issues, CE barnacles falling off, chest lock that won't release balls, ect. Welcome to buying NIB. I agree though, some of these problems are inexcusable. If I had AliciaC's MBRLE, I would be shooting flames from my eyeballs.

#3176 5 months ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

And the majority of POTC owners had no issues. Mine included. People often forget that on forums you get the complaints. Most people who have no issues will not come post about it.

Yes I agree with that. My point was really that it doesn't make any sense to bail on a game in fear that you could have issues out of the box, only to get on another NIB game that also could have issues out of the box. There is no such thing as 100% zero issue NIB titles. There will always be some and yes, you're going to hear about it on the forums.

#3344 5 months ago

Here are my MBRLE and AFMLE corners. AFMRLE after almost 18 months and MBRLE after over a month. So far no cracks. Did I just get lucky? To those that got tears after delivery, do you guys move your games around? What's the temp and humidity in your gamerooms? It would be nice to understand this better.

20190205_194525 (resized).jpg20190205_194534 (resized).jpg20190205_194518 (resized).jpg20190205_194509 (resized).jpg
#3411 5 months ago
Quoted from hollywood:

X 3 Sara is awesome!!

I'll X4 that. I wouldn't hesitate buying from PPS and Sara again.

#3504 5 months ago
Quoted from ctviss:

I wonder if it would be possible to upgrade a CE with the larger display.

That would really defeat the point of a CE (Classic Edition). That's why there's an SE version. Purchasing a CE and trying to turn it into an SE makes zero sense.

Quoted from mamawaldee:

These games are in places where they should be well maintained. Am I being too pessimistic?

FWIW, I've had my AFMR for 18 months and the only issue I've ever had with it, is I had to solder a wire back onto a switch that came loose. Zero issues so far with MBR since late December and a few hundred plays. But yah, if you're feeling squeamish about these newer pins that don't run off the traditional board sets of the last 30 years, then sticking with older games is a safer bet for you.

#3507 5 months ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Not for the consumer if it's cheaper.

Sounds like a PITA just a save a tiny sum. You already have to fork over $400 to get color, then whatever the display costs and a new speaker panel. You may save a couple hundred and you have given up the other upgrades the comes with SE in the process. Still makes little to no sense at all.

#3509 5 months ago

Well all I can say to you Law, is go on and upgrade your CE, let us know how it works out.

#3519 5 months ago

If there was an ad for a topper, it would show up in the archives regardless if it sold or not. I don't see it. Are you sure you didn't see the wanted ad for a MBRLE topper that's out there?

#3522 5 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Found it, looks like it did sell quickly.

Okay that make sense. It wasn't an official ad, rather a mention in a thread. If it sold that fast in a thread like that, I would imagine it could have sold for more with a real ad that would have reached a wider audience.

#3698 5 months ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah I gotcha there but for me I don't want any of what's listed...for me it's honestly just the screen size so it's making it so difficult.

My guess is that you'll likely be happy with either one. However, you won't regret buying more pin, but there's a chance you will regret buying less. It's a hobby, spend the extra to get what you want.

1 week later
#3997 4 months ago
Quoted from playernumber4:

But I just found out they had one at Marvin's to play so I went directly there and spend more than a few dollars playing it, and an occasional JJP POTC. Maybe I had too high of expectations for MB, but regardless my ego was crushed by the SDTM shots one after another. Sure I started throwing the lower playfield around a little bit to avoid some of the drains, but it took the fun away of playing the game.

I've had mine for several months now and I get an occasional SDTM drain off of Dracula's foot when the ball comes out of the right orbit, but rare enough that it does not come close to ruining the game. I think the game you played maybe wasn't setup optimally? Maybe is just needed to be dialed in some? Or maybe after years of owning TWD, my tolerance for STDM cheap drains is very high. Either way, its certainly not a bad choice going with JJP POTC, I picked up one as well. You still win!

#4067 4 months ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Lastly besides points what should I shoot for now. Lymans lament???

Try to get all four balls gping on mosh pit and then keep hitting the frank ramp. One if my favorite parts of the game.

#4075 4 months ago
Quoted from SkaterVet:

What's the best way to get a pin off of a pallet?

Put the front legs on and then lower it onto them. List the back up and kick the pallet out of the way. Then you'll need a helper to slide a stool under it while you have it lifted (or you may be able to pull this off on your own if its close by), so you can get the back legs on.

#4085 4 months ago
Quoted from Maide:

Do CGC games come with leg protectors, or should I order some?

They have the metal standoffs built into the cabinet. So no need for leg protectors.

#4099 4 months ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

But, if you hit the frank ramp with all 4 into play, is that how you get the monsters to stage dive/crowd surf???
I saw just a bit of that animation one time, and I'm just curious how to get it, and if each monster has an diving animation.

I'm not sure since I suck and don't get there often and can't spare a second or two to look at the screen. I do know that 10 shots up the frank ramp during mosh pit awards a super jackpot.

#4120 4 months ago

I have mine at 7.2 and shots to the left ramp have to be clean or it goes about halfway and gets rejected. There's a low margin for error. The right ramp is way more forgiving, though weak shot to it can equal a SDTM.

bobblehead - I dont know why the biggest chearleaders for a game often times seem to be the ones who get screwed. Anyway, hang tough and you will be rewarded. The game is everything you hoped for. Just stay on CGC and make them get it perfect.

#4122 4 months ago
Quoted from delt31:

How about your returns from the right orbit? Are they dropping to your right flipper or hitting right sling?

The majority goes to the right flipper. Id say 80%? I'll need to pay a little closer attention to it. I can sometimes get some back to back wolfman howles from continous loops. I love that.

#4130 4 months ago
Quoted from delt31:

This game is not easy for me at all. I'm not very good but not terrible. I've heard many say super easy. Not for me - maybe b/c I'm 7.0 and outlanes open...

Same here. I don't find the game at all easy and the people I've had over to play it felt the same way. I have played some in the past that were much easier. It is a lot in how its setup. Higher pitch, open outlanes, keep the settings factory. Plus a new game is always faster. I really like this game, but can see how someone who is a better player on a MB that's setup easy, would burn out of it in short time.

#4134 4 months ago
Quoted from cheshirefilms:

Does MoR fundamentally feel like a different "concert experience" than Monster Bash mode?

While it should (though it isn't), the scoring sure does, and all in all the mode feels like the true wizard mode endgame because of it..

Had this been coded today, almost certainly it would have too. Ie, there should be a monsters of Rock song, or the monsters shouldn't play their instruments during Monster Bash- except maybe the ones collected.

Its the same as AFM with regard to Total Annihilation and Rule the Universe. I agree though, today those two modes would be distinctively different, but in the 90s, scoring was much more important than it is today. Today, with games in the home, its more about the journey since they are more often than not played by a single player. I'm not a great player and seldom (if ever) see the wizard modes on most games anyway. I put AFM and MB up there with the most fun games I've owned. Certainly in my top 10 and probably top 5.

#4138 4 months ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

More
I Owned a MM, but never a AFM, which one of these 2 did you like better as I might get AFM down the line after I get MB

Both are great games and I love both themes. For me I prefer AFM by an edge because of the following:
I like the bouncy Martians better then the pop up trolls.
I like the space invaders video mode better than save the children.
Strobe multiball is friggen awesome.
Add the cool interactive topper on the remake.

MM is slightly deeper and the castle is one hell of a toy. But AFM wins for me.

#4173 4 months ago
Quoted from delt31:

dumb question but does Franks ramp get used for more than starting and restarting frank MB? I love that shot so hopefully yes?

That's how you get super jackpots during mosh pit. I agree, it's a fun shot.

#4225 4 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Topper step 1...

You're on the right track. The only thing I wish the CGC topper had is the other band members. Aside from that it kicks ass. I want to see the complete band.

1 month later
#5239 3 months ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Le coming today wife found out , wants to move out ... I guess I’m done collecting it’s all over

That sucks if true. I'll only say this, I would never consider purchasing a 8k plus pinball, without letting my wife know of my intention before pulling the trigger. That's with me earning 100% of the HH income for the last decade. Its just sort of a respect thing and I can see where she might be a little pissed. Now if she says no, we might have a discussion over my "rights" lol, but at least I didn't blindside her with an 8k toy showing up in the driveway.

#5247 3 months ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Maybe sell a few games and take her on a luxury holiday?

That could be his plan.

3 weeks later
#5467 70 days ago

Anyone else experience this?

20190511_120600 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigdaddy07.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside