(Topic ID: 222461)

Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)

By MrSanRamon

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,330 posts
  • 732 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 34 hours ago by Dashmonster
  • Topic is favorited by 277 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)”

• I'm in on a CE 77 votes
    9%
  • I'm in on a SE 172 votes
    21%
  • I'm in on a LE 396 votes
    48%
  • I'm out for now 182 votes
    22%

(827 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wire switch 2 (resized).jpg
R orbit switch (resized).jpg
IMG_4951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4943 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0464 (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
IMG_3190 (resized).jpeg
Wolfman (resized).jpg
IMG_2467 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4014 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231111_165525077 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20231112-165133 (resized).png
20231110_123120 (resized).jpg
20231105_122730 (resized).jpg
94B393B7-CB09-4AFB-A166-CF0EC7F7F9A0 (resized).jpeg
3D150F78-A1C1-4B31-A9FA-00031163D7C1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #4230 Potential fix for SDTM from scoop. Posted by Reznnate (5 years ago)

Post #5928 Frankenstein switch adjustment tips Posted by MGM2 (4 years ago)

Post #6026 Links to STDM Tweaks Posted by Oaken (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigd1979.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#311 5 years ago

Mb sld have a mantis and cliffy style protector used at the same time as the scoop takes a beating. Just a cliffy gets bent quickly but with mantis and cliffy its very solid

3 weeks later
#584 5 years ago
Quoted from homegameroom:

Has anyone looked for "Lyman's Lament" on the MBr? To refresh your memory (from the IPDB): Before launching the first ball, and with credits on the machine (or free play), press the left flipper 11 times, then press the right flipper once, the left flipper 5 times, the right flipper once, the left flipper 6 times, and finally the right flipper once. The game will say "Totally" then launch the ball. Hitting the scoop with this ball will start Lyman's Lament, playing different music along with the voice of programmer Lyman Sheats commenting while that ball is played.

Or it starts when u hit the scoop 42 times lol

#604 5 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

I’d like to see a CE as well and if it has the same protectors installed.

Im sure it will as all the playfields are the same..... if its not there it will get very damaged at the scoop. Im sure it will b on all for cgc piece of mind lol.

#614 5 years ago
Quoted from Kwaheltrut:

Can anyone post picks of under the PF? Does it have the same light board as MMR?
Thanks

It will be different than prior pins bc it a different playfield layout with different insert layout.

#615 5 years ago

7bae1934ab11aecf83b95e01a14dbcfc48a516ec.jpeg (resized).jpg7bae1934ab11aecf83b95e01a14dbcfc48a516ec.jpeg (resized).jpg

#641 5 years ago

I have a set of sillyolelf side blades that i can sell if anyone is interested. They are very nice and really fit the game nicely.

#642 5 years ago

Picture....e53fad42e8e372e64b9103bfcb214dc205b97e57 (resized).jpge53fad42e8e372e64b9103bfcb214dc205b97e57 (resized).jpg

#643 5 years ago

I use to buy every cliffy for every pin i bought. I love his products but started using just mylar in the shooter lane , drain area and its worked perfectly fine with no wear. Now on older pins with damage allready i still use cliffys but new pins with no wear mylar works great.

#645 5 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

Where do you get the mylar? Is there different thicknesses? Please let me know!! Thanks man.

Most pinball places carry it .... heres one link
https://www.pinballlife.com/3-mil-clear-mylar-by-the-foot.html

#731 5 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Holy heels man, that’s a lot of shoes! [quoted image]

Ha...lol u sld see my lady's shoe collection..... in the 150-200 pair range.....

#735 5 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I was assuming he owned a shoe store, but yah I guess that could be a collection.

I'm sure they aren't payless shoes, so that means your lady has no room to ever complain about your pinball hobby. Lets say they are on the conservative side and ~$50 per pair, that's at least 10k in shoes with little tangible value. Especially since the resale on used shoes is probably near zero?

You are correct and why i can overfilll the house with machines lol.....

#755 5 years ago
Quoted from Bronty:

LOL we just moved so there is shit everywhere. Trust me that's only a small fraction. She has a problem.

Dont they all.... as do we with our machines lol

#767 5 years ago
Quoted from ChiroCop:

I have an LE on order, but never played this Pin. Is Creature from the Black Lagoon an actual toy...or a hologram inside the playfield? Looks to me like an actual toy...but if so...how did they get it inside the playfield? Dumb question...but I'm just curious.

Just a plastic figure under playfield window with flashers behind it.....

#775 5 years ago
Quoted from ChiroCop:

Pretty nice topper "option" for non-LE buyers. Looks to be around $299.00 online.
[quoted image]

Theres also a drac one

#813 5 years ago
Quoted from stretch2:

Looks like Pinballs.com is still advertising MBr Le's for sale...

Alot of places still have them available....

#815 5 years ago
Quoted from vj82:

Are they same price everywhere?

Not from my experience.... call around ... some places even include shipping.

#847 5 years ago

1250 is alot of pins to sell these days and while cgc may have sold them all... many distributors will have them available for a while from what i have been told. Alot have been ordered but they will b available at least for the next 3-4 months and probably much longer. With so many new pins out and many more still coming out the market is loaded with choices and lots of people have owned many of the remakes. I dont think there will b any shortage of well priced huo mble eaither. What a great time to b a pinball enthusiast ... hope it lasts but people are running out of room and money so something has to give at some point.

#958 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Player one Toronto has a CE set up. I put in about 30 min today.
Smooth play, beautiful machine, Frank is way less of a drain monster than I remember him being, everything about this game is great (even without the new upgrades),.......however, playing for 30min only confirmed my feelings that while this is one of my favorite games for its nostalgia and genuinely fun gameplay and theme, it also (for me) is better as a pin played only occasionally to be appreciated properly. I can see having this in my home making me start to find what iscurrently a fun game that I can usually do quite well on and be entertained into I game I find boring and repetitive. I dont want to wreck this game for myself so I'm taking a pass but hoping some locals get some
If you have the means and room to pack your house with pins, this is a great choice. If you are only going to have 4 or 5 pins? Maybe not.
Still looking forward to playing a SE or LE and love CGC remakes. This is the prettiest of them so far but has the least to do long term.

Thats what happened in our small collection of 7-10 pins.....

#964 5 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

Is this a title I sell my AFMrLE to acquire?

I think afm is the best of all the remakes... its the most difficult and has many different ways to approach it depending on your goal.

#972 5 years ago
Quoted from Bronty:

Anybody know why there is no ball save on the remake? The manual says its .02 in the adjustments menu, but the menu skips from .01 to .03... its just not there.
Did previous remakes ship that way?

Huh .. the original came factory with no ball save but had a adjustment i believe.

#1001 5 years ago
Quoted from vwallat99:

I don't know why MB gets all this hate on it for being an easy game. I love AFM and its one of my favorites but goodness I think that game is much easier for me at least then MB. It's very rinse and repeat compared to MB. Like it is this is all personal preferences and personal skills but just think the negatives for Monster Bash need to stop. There is a reason why the game exploded with sales. We all frickin' love this game!

Its not hate at all ... its just simpler and eaiser than other pins of the time which isn't a bad thing . I had mm, afm and mb at the same time. Mm and afm on factory settings and mb with open outlanes, no eb or ball save and all were set at 7.2 slope. Even like that mb was much eaiser than the others andi still never beat mm or afm . Mm and mb are now gone but afm has been around for years. I cld see myself getting a remake of mb at some point bc its fun to play for a while and has great theme .

#1032 5 years ago
Quoted from Higloss67:

Just put in a ticket with CGC for the backglass being difficult to remove.
I have not played this game a lot before buying this one, so I have a question. Does the backbox have very much ineraction with the gameplay? Once in a great while I will see it flash, but it seems rare. It is set to “stock”.

Sld be 5 or 6 flashers in the backbox.... my original had the backbox gi go out when playfield gi went out and was a great light show especially frank mb, extra ball, mosh pit mb and many other instances.

#1035 5 years ago
Quoted from Soltic:

After a weekend of play here’s a Honeymoon Report.
Prior to play:
- Pf and balls waxed.
- Static mylar in shooter lane until I get some real protection, thought previously would need in pops but mylar there already as well as drops and drac-track. Nice.
Minor issues corrected:
- GI clear cap fell off, ca’d back on.
- lock nut under red star post on frankie ramp fell off - all lock nuts in that assembly w the flasher were not tightened.
- Bride’s head kept sticking up - solenoid shaft was binding in body as well as at half-moon shaped bracket (if the shaft was twisted to either side a bit). Re-aligned and shimmed body, small amount of graphite at half moon bracket.
- Most important correction - could not level pf side-to-side properly at both bottom and top - obvious twist. Lock down assembly (which hangers rest on) was crooked. Easiest way to check this is to open coin door and feel alignment of assembly bottom in relation to coin door top. Mine was high left side 3/16”. Screws removed, bolts loosened, assembly realigned & everything tightened back up. Most people check side-to-side level at only one spot on pf. While shot aim and return trajectories is something a player can get used to between machines, some games need perfect level / no twisting - for FG / Shrek perfect level (and flipper alignment) is necessary so that the orbits can be hit by simply energizing flipper when ball is at rest against up-post and flipper. PL designed it that way.
Tweaks:
- Lighting. After redoing my TronLE again to allow ramps not to be overpowered by LED’s I defitnitely notice variations and personally find LED’s usually too intense. MBRSE out of the box is way overpowering for me in areas - adjusted light levels down and went custom GI color to go a little more yellow - but Creeches LED’s were still overpowering (IMO because they are aimed right at u) so stuck some green bulb condoms on and got what I think is perfect balance there - going after Frankie drop bank next as I find these searing as well - will probably diffuse those on the light board w simply some semi opaque tape.
- Frankie spot realigned to my pref.
- Played w subwoof setting.
- @ end of weekend pf cleaned and waxed again, rubbers cleaned, factory balls were chopped pretty good by breaking in metal edges and such on pf and scoop and therefore dumped and replaced w silver jets - which will be monitored.
Final thoughts after the weekend:
- So so nice to have a NIB MBR, really, I would have been fine if they only released the CE but the SE’s GI color integration (along w speaker lights) is fantastic, the redraw on the dots incredible.
- cc on pf is amazing.
- Biggest concern is longevity of scoop protector. I believe the reports from expo were that they seemed to be weak and after only a weekend of play I would agree. Ours is noticeably dented right in middle at front and near back on side and is starting to deform. It looks like a combo mantis and cliffy fused together but I don’t know if it’s the right gauge of materials. Always used Cliffy’s w no problems. I thought cgc said they were correcting it after it was noticed and reported at expo...?
Overall minor “4:20” production issues - which are easily overlooked by a NIB experience of a classic updated w/ the SE’s revisions, will start research into the scoop protector and if there may be a revision.

You have the corrected scoop protector. I had to use a cliffy and mantis on my original bc the cliffy by itself got very damaged but both worked very well.

#1114 5 years ago

Trust me a cliffy isnt enough... i tried just cliffy on my original and it dented and started to deform quickly. Now a mantis and cliffy combo worked excellent and never had a issue..... tight fit but it worked well.

#1120 5 years ago
Quoted from jbug:

Looks like you are saying no problem with the newer factory protector and someone else is saying the newer factory replaced protector is no good. I guess we'll have to wait for more reviews.

Dont know anything about the factory protector but apparently its not holding up. Just saying that a real cliffy and real mantis protector together work great from my experience.

#1204 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

As an owner of AFM LE, that game desperately needed pinstadium. I can see this being different due to additional GI. We'll see.

Mb is a dark pin and i dont believe there are extra lights on the le ...just rgb gi which will actually make it darker depending on the gi color at any given time.

#1225 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Not sure what kind of camera or settings you are using, but here's my CE with just a blue trough light taken with a pixel xl2, no flash, pitch black room. It's not dark at all.
[quoted image]

Thats still pretty dark imo... and the se/le use different lighting compared to the mbr classic. I had a restored original with the brightest leds and overall still very dark especially near the flippers and slings. A few well placed spot lights fix the issue tho.

#1226 5 years ago
Quoted from tktlwyr:

Here’s my SE in the dark, set to max brightness with warm white on G.I.
Not as bright as you guys are thinking and why I ordered Pinstadium lighting for the game.
[quoted image]

Issue with mb lighting is there are not many gi bulbs in the sling/ inlane area bc of the phantom flip optos.

#1231 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I like playing in the dark too especially at night. I don't like all the other light to be on.

Agreed.. i love playing in complete darkness as the lighting effect are really amped up.

#1318 5 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

In my original MB when I had it, I added a hex post to each sling with a spotlight on the top tapped into the sling GI. It was perfect in my opinion.

Yep ...thats all it really needs on mb.... its missing alot of gi down by the inlanes and slings bc of the phantom flip optos....

#1405 5 years ago

I have a set of the sillyoldelf sideblades i wont b using bc i sold my mb..... if anyone is interested message me and we can work out a deal..... thanks

#1408 5 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Just wish they went all the way down to the bottom of the apron

They look really good and match the playfield perfectly....

#1561 5 years ago
Quoted from Leo13:

Excellent, but could you confirm the official Cliffy protector (hyperthin) is not getting dented as fast as the one present on the machine ?
I wonder if I need to get the thick one without mantis or the hyperthin with mantis.
I'm also wondering if the hyperthin is not the same as the one already installed

Regular cliffy by itself also gets damaged quickly.... need mantis with cliffy and no damage occurs

#1567 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Why is the scoop protector getting beat up on mbR but not AFMr? Same scoop, same shot. I have a cliffy on my AFMr scoop, no wear.

Its shaped differently and when hit it really hits the left side as where afm takes abuse in the front and right side

#1574 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

So for a guy getting his in January what do you suggest to buy now for protection?

Mantis and cliffy.... problem is cliffy is way backed up....

#1576 5 years ago
Quoted from Higloss67:

Pinball life had Cliffy’s. Got one last week

O nice... ive never ordered from anyone else just cliffy but good to know.

#1582 5 years ago

I have a brand new mb cliffy... when i find it ill post it in here for sale....

#1593 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballocd:

So what is the best for our brand new games. Hyperthin or black line?

Both work but Blackline is usually for new pins... the bigger one is for more worn pins

2 weeks later
#2157 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Seeing how successful this remake is, what would an original HUO MB be worth now in great condition?

Completely stock or with color dmd and other stuff? I know a few that sold recently for 7-8k in nice/great condition with some mods. Still lots people that like originals.

#2272 5 years ago
Quoted from bohunr:

My first NIB pins I purchased I got a deal on from the dist I used(and I picked it up so I didn't have any shipping) I saw this on a link someone posted and wonder if any of you out there have gotten prices like shown? MBLE and Munsters LE went so fast they both went for MSRP
[quoted image]

Prices are much cheaper than the msrp... especially the pro..

#2302 5 years ago

Pdi or invisaglass is a must on all pins imo.... that and a powered subwoofer are must haves.

1 week later
#2760 5 years ago

Monster bash is a darker pin due to not many gi locations ...especially down by the flipper area due to the phantom flip optos.

#2763 5 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

Is there going to be additional code down the road with the remake? My wife wants one but I find the current code kinda bland and not sure of the lasting power. I thought I heard a rumor a while back.

No... its simple code but game is fun . If anything buy a used one when it pops up and play for 3-6 month's then sell for minimum loss... that's what i did.

#2774 5 years ago
Quoted from Nytewatch33:

So I'm having second thoughts again. First of all, I have an LE on order (non matched). I'm getting very tired of waiting as I have room for only 1 pin in my house and this delay has meant I have nothing for months. Prior to this I had a WOZ (which was definitely fun, but I was never all that crazy about the theme). I have always loved the call outs and campiness of MB, but the other day I went and played one on site, but at the same time I played a Hobbit and a Pirates of the Caribbean, and I have to say while the MBr is gorgeous in it's own way and if I had several pins I wouldn't have many doubts - I'm starting to wonder if it will get old quickly being my only pin.
If you were me (and particularly for those that own either The hobbit or Pirates) would you choose one of those pins instead as your only pin? There are so many modes on both that could keep me occupied for a long time. But I also know my wife loves to bash the ball around without really paying attention to the rules. Still, this is 90% for me, and she will only play occasionally. Thoughts?

As your only pin mb will get old very quickly imo just like many wpc titles wld in a home environment. This is where some of the deeper stern pins and all the jjp pins are nice. Jjp pins are really good as 1-2 pin collections bc they have loads to do and code forever.

#2775 5 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

I'm also waiting for an LE with no other pins to play in the meantime. Had I known delays would be this bad I would definitely have taken a different game off the shelf. I also considered pirates but it seemed like it had a similar wait period, and it's also more expensive. I don't think MBrLE will be disappointing but opportunity costs are a factor when you don't have any other games. Think about the fact that by end of January the will only have produced about 20% off the LEs. This could be a very long wait for some of us if we're near the back of the line. I think this is probably the last time I put down a non refundable deposit.

Sucks about the non refundable deposit... i wld of ordered from a place that had refundable deposit like pps. Jjp potc or hobbit wld be a great choice if u decide to switch.

#2780 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I really don't understand the comments about code, deep games, etc....some of the games are so ridiculous with code that their really not that fun to play....what makes MM, MB, AFM, Met so great (and highly rated) is that the games are very challenging, yet the code is easy to explain and understand for kids, adults, experts, and novice players.....

They are all great pins but i wld not want any of those as a 1 pin collection... i don't have a big collection but it works well bc i have games like afm , met, bsd for years bc i also have more challenging pins like di, hobbit, woz . They all work great together and it keeps things fresh over long periods of time. Back when i only had 2-3 wpc pins things got stale within a month or so. Everyone is different but wpc pins were made/developed for arcade and casual use and not 20 + games a day . Just my experience but others may vary. Looks like we have similar collections and thats y it works.

#2781 5 years ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

Yep...I get sick and tired of the "deep" crowd...It's a fun game..period.

You probably have more than one pin at a time ?

#2784 5 years ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

yes, but family/friends/kids all would like this...doesn't have to be a deep game

That's fine but not what op is asking . I have nothing against any pin especially wpc pins (my favorite) but some / most wld not be good in a 1 pin collection unless someone just wants to enjoy it for few month's then sell it and get another one but many people that spend 8k+ wld like to keep it much longer .

#2785 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I have hobbit and POTC, and am getting MB and AFM next. My wife is a basher too. She likes AFM and MB the most. But she does not like hobbit at all. POTC she likes BUT it can be punishing for a basher. But she still likes it.
If MB gets stale for you, and your wife is a basher, I’d go with POTC as a single pin.

I think potc wld b great on its own. For both his wife and him.

#2828 5 years ago

Wow looks like cgc cabs are doing what sterns were doing and people hammered stern for this .

#2832 5 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Two games with this issue so far out of roughly 300 shipped, my LE looks perfect.

I'm sure there are more out there...

#2840 5 years ago

Stern is the only company that can show a pin and ship it within a few weeks(pros) or a month or so for the le. Most of us know this but still preorder anyhow lol

#2933 5 years ago
Quoted from cheshirefilms:

Default no ball save. Open outlanes. Good luck reaching Monsters of Rock with any regularity then. Lightning flippers would make game ridiculous hard at that point.

I did all that plus had it set up 7.0 and limited eb. Game was fast and cld be brutal but still on the easy side but still fun to play.

#3059 5 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

The originals were silk screens, not decals. Right?

First 100 or so were silk screened.

#3111 5 years ago
Quoted from AstonEnthusiast:

Unboxed our LE this afternoon. Several cosmetic issues out of the box: Cracked decals on two corners, blue powder coating blemishes, broken plastic part fell out of the game and a few other items (repaired wood w/ black paint or ink on the topper). Submitted a ticket and waiting for an update.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

O my...

#3374 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

My dealer told me $1000 difference
$8599
$7599 delivered
Time to find a new dealer?

That seems high... even delivered.

#3474 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Just played an LE and the game itself was very impressive...got me wondering aboot it & my lineup.
Sadly I read the Standard doesn't come with a big DMD, because the upgraded art is just sick; looks so damn good.
Everything else aboot the LE didn't do it for me but that shouldn't be a big surprise I guess.
Think I'll dig deeper in this thread a snoop around.

Ce displays can also be upgraded to the better color graphics

#3476 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Not the jumbo style HD graphics though. Stays the same classic size DMD just with color....

The hd graphics still look great on the normal size screen tho and a big improvement over stock and color dmd graphics.

#3484 5 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Just to clarify, do the dots on smaller color screen on the CE have the same enhanced quality to it as the larger screen SE/LE?

Yes .. like mmr was...

#3487 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Absolutely not. LE is limited and although it seems like a lot this game will undoubtedly become collector's and hold it's value. Just look at AFM le vs SE - le still holding value and that will continue.
If you don't want the le I would still buy it and sell that topper. I can almost guarantee you that topper would sell 600+ if not 1k. Cash that in and you basically get everything else for free on top of the SE. No brainer

Afmr le sells for 1k cheaper than it was new and there are 250 more mbrle. afmle has much better topper and is a better game in most people's opinion.. That is not really that limited in this hobby . I think mb will be be around 7-7250 also when all said and done. Heck even mmrle are mid to low 7s.... so that seems to be the sweet spot for cgc le used pins. So many new expensive pins coming out over the next few years everything is gonna fall in price on the used market...

#3489 5 years ago

The ce will definitely be the least produced mbr and the se will probably also have lower production than the le . So they will be the limited edition .. just like jjp pins lol. Not that anyone cares or it effects anything tho. I think the se mbr is the best option and i like the look the best personally.

#3576 5 years ago
Quoted from Dexter:

What pitch do you have your MB set at? I'm at 13 degrees and wondering what everyone else is playing at? Thanks.

Lol.. no possible way unless u have bricks under the back legs . Measure between the flippers and put at 7-7.2.

#3607 5 years ago
Quoted from sgorsuch:

One small issue, but I suspect it is maybe an eddy sensor that needs calibrating.Not every hit to Drac is registering.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I believe the switch is on Dracula... its not a eddy sensor

#3656 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

It is actually supported by software in the original games, so you could hook up a physical knocker; I imagine it would work in the remakes too

I was gonna say i had a real knocker in my mb

#3661 5 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Any idea if the coil test let you fire it? The version in mbr skips over the knocker coil.

I'm pretty positive it worked and was a option in coil test...

#3754 5 years ago

Awesome I've been wanting to own one... they don't come up.often

#3869 5 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

What is that white line ?
And when I look closer to the siderail, the powdercoat doesn’t look really good [quoted image][quoted image]

O my

#4000 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Well, I never let a single copy of a machine set my overall opinion of a specific pin title. That you judged MB on a single session on a single machine that was not set up correctly or tweaked to play like it should is not a fair representation of the fun MB has to offer, imo. But I have played probably 10+ or more different copies over the years, including all three trim levels on CGC’s MBr, and the scoop and Dracs feet have frustrated me in the past even on OG MB’s, so I know how you feel
Occasional SDTM off Dracs feet or from the scoop is part of playing MB... a double left orbit shot will naturally send it SDTM off Dracs feet if you don’t nudge it as it comes around fast. MB, once it settles in and settles down is pretty rock solid in a HUO collection, that’s a big reason I bought one. It can be a very challenging but quick machine to play, or one that makes you chop wood all night on the Bride ramps until you get the effin’ microphone, my biggest nemesis and usual roadblock to get to MOR.

My nemesis was always creech....

#4002 5 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

location pinball doesnt care about sdtm.
for the most part i dislike location pinball. i like to setup my pins for the way i play. not for cheap drains and sdtm.

Totally agree .. our local arcade has to have the worst set up pins ever... not leveled and totally flat leg levelers. So annoying . Also seems every scoop switch is broken..and they are all new pins .

#4032 5 years ago
Quoted from Ozzy:

Quick question, would you...trade a very nice congo and a very nice fishtails for a mble with under a 100 games on?. Trade is with a friend so not worried about any "unforeseen " issues. Simple trade between good friends.

Had all 3 and no i would not do that trade unless its just temporary.

#4155 5 years ago

Phantom Flip works with the wireform in-lane switch detecting the start of the phantom flip sequence, and optical sensor (opto) hidden under the slingshot, and the eddy sensor (basically a resistor) completing the shot based on the MPU calculations.

The opto and eddy sensor are the keys to the mechanical element of Phantom Flip

#4207 5 years ago

Particle board/ mdf has been used in pins for a long time? What's the issue? The 90s/2000s pins held up just fine in most cases?

#4253 5 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

I'm out of the club... sold my SE today. It was fun while it lasted. For whatever reason... it lost its steam for me.

Yep .. it did the same for me after 3 months or so... fun game everyone sld own at some point tho...

#4262 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

did you get a response on this? I thought that spotlight was GI

It was on my original mb...

1 week later
#4400 5 years ago

Mb originally had no knocker. Also the 2 brass screws on the lockbar receiver are for adjustment.

#4424 5 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

As far as I can tell there's a software hurdle to adding a knocker. Please complain to cgc and hopefully they enable it in a future update.

Its in the original software as a option actually... i added one to my original.

#4451 5 years ago

Beautiful coin doors.. bet thsts not a cheap mod... 400-600?

#4453 5 years ago
Quoted from TheBigDog:

A lot less then that.
I can ask him about doing others if you’re really interested. I know he enjoys this stuff.

Nice.. I've priced similar jobs and 400-600 was the estimate. Is yours clearcoated for protection.?

#4523 5 years ago
Quoted from MERGatroid:

Hello everyone. Looking for some thoughts about weather to get a munsterspro or monster bash so. Seeing people selling Munster pro and le in 1 week. I have a aerosmith pro I love and looking to add to my collection. I love old horror movies. I was a little kid when munsters came out. So both are great themes to me.

Asking that question in here you will get mb... ask that question in munsters thread u will get Munsters ... lol

#4548 5 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

If you're antsy, I'm pretty sure you can call the distributor and go pick it up.
Depends how ambitious you wanna be.

U can call and pick it up.. i did this with munsters

#4555 5 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

By the way fellas, I just saw that "Monster Bash" it is #1 in our top 100... congratulations!
I canceled my Munsters LE, probably will cancel now a Munsters Premium to get a MB Instead, this game looks extremely nice.

Lol who cares about the top 100 its so manipulated..... also i enjoy munsters more much more than mb . Both are very similar but there's more to munsters for me but everyone sld own monster bash at least once .

#4569 5 years ago

The metal studs are like this to hold the weight of the mech... regular wood screws wld strip and rip out eventually.

2 weeks later
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Greeley, CO
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Machine - For Sale
Shepherdsville, KY
$ 12.95
12,125 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Paul, MN
£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigd1979.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-remake-mbr-owners-club?tu=bigd1979 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.