(Topic ID: 222461)

Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)

By MrSanRamon

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,332 posts
  • 732 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by KingMixer
  • Topic is favorited by 277 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)”

• I'm in on a CE 77 votes
    9%
  • I'm in on a SE 172 votes
    21%
  • I'm in on a LE 396 votes
    48%
  • I'm out for now 182 votes
    22%

(827 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wire switch 2 (resized).jpg
R orbit switch (resized).jpg
IMG_4951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4943 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0464 (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
IMG_3190 (resized).jpeg
Wolfman (resized).jpg
IMG_2467 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4014 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231111_165525077 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20231112-165133 (resized).png
20231110_123120 (resized).jpg
20231105_122730 (resized).jpg
94B393B7-CB09-4AFB-A166-CF0EC7F7F9A0 (resized).jpeg
3D150F78-A1C1-4B31-A9FA-00031163D7C1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #4230 Potential fix for SDTM from scoop. Posted by Reznnate (5 years ago)

Post #5928 Frankenstein switch adjustment tips Posted by MGM2 (4 years ago)

Post #6026 Links to STDM Tweaks Posted by Oaken (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigballa81.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7031 3 years ago

interested in getting a Monster Bash classic edition. Out of curiosity if you get the upgraded color display chip, can you switch between the color and the orange display in the settings, or would you have to take the chip out every time you wanted to switch from color to orange?

#7037 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Page 1-11 in the manual. In the CGC menu you can turn the colorize on or off.
You can download the manual here - https://www.chicago-gaming.com/manuals/MB_Manual_Rev_1.pdf
LTG : )

Thanks LTG - you are a legend!

3 weeks later
#7119 3 years ago

Wondering if anyone can recommend the best place to buy the color chip upgrade for the classic edition online. Would have to ship to Canada. Thanks!

#7121 3 years ago

Thanks LTG!

1 month later
#7273 3 years ago

My SE arrived Sunday - really pumped. First NIB game. Was wondering if it is normal to have so many right ramp rejects. When I’m hitting the right ramp immediately after hitting the left ramp I feel like more often than not the ball is rejected. If this is not normal, should I adjust the steepness on my game? I use the PinGuy app to help level my game and the set point is at 6.5 which I understand is typical. Any thoughts on this would be much appreciated.

#7275 3 years ago

If you look back a few pages in this thread, this has been discussed. I had the same problem, and fixed it by both adding a few washers and slightly bending the wireframe. I now only get a rejection in very rare circumstances - usually only on an extremely hard/fast shot.
And I have mine now set at 7 degrees, it seems like it reduced the number of cheap drains, but I don't know if it had any effect on the ramp rejections.</blockquote

Thanks for the advice! I’ll try when I get home. I also found that a wire had come loose on the EOS of my right flipper. Gonna have to solder that baby back on. Maybe I should reduce the strength of my flippers too. Seems like a lot of people are doing that for this game.

#7276 3 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

If you look back a few pages in this thread, this has been discussed. I had the same problem, and fixed it by both adding a few washers and slightly bending the wireframe. I now only get a rejection in very rare circumstances - usually only on an extremely hard/fast shot.
And I have mine now set at 7 degrees, it seems like it reduced the number of cheap drains, but I don't know if it had any effect on the ramp rejections.

Thanks! I added the new washers and that seemed to help. This might be a stupid question, but when bending the wireform - do you just do this by hand or is some sort of tool better. I read back in the thread and I believe LTG mentioned that you give the top part of the wireform a tug

#7278 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

That is what I'd do so you don't get too aggressive and break stuff.

Thanks LTG I’ll give it a whirl

1 week later
#7314 3 years ago

Was wondering if anyone else has had a problem with buzzing from the cabinet at certain times when the music has a bit more bass to it. I think it might be coming from the glass vibrating. I have adjusted the bass and have it turned way down, but the buzz is still happening. its a minor annoyance, but if anyone has some tips for a possible fix that would be great. I have a SE.

#7318 3 years ago
Quoted from tpoeckh:I had this issue on my MMr. Anti-rattle tape on the glass edges fixed it.
https://pu-parts.com/anti-rattle-tape-for-pinball-games

Thanks for the tip. Where do you put the tape?

#7320 3 years ago
Quoted from tpoeckh:

On the edges of the glass, the part of the glass you can’t see when it is in place and the lockdown bar is closed. I can take a picture later tonight.

I think I know what you mean. So it would be on the short edges top and bottom or the long edges on the right and left or both? Thanks so much for your help!

#7322 3 years ago
Quoted from tpoeckh:

[quoted image]

Great thanks!

#7331 3 years ago

I got rid of the rattle noise from the bass from the playfield glass using tape - anyone got any tips for getting rid of backglass rattle? Thanks!

#7333 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

A little black foam rubber weather stripping.

Thanks LTG! I put strips of the foam rubber weather stripping on the four sides of the back of the white molded plastic on the inside of the backglass and i'm still getting a rattle. Am i putting it on the wrong area?

#7335 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Thicker, or on the glass side.

OK awesome - i'll give it a try!

4 months later
#7847 3 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Got my topper from CPR on.

This is super cool. Was it easy to install? I would love to get one for my SE. Do you know the height of it? I have a pretty low ceiling in the basement.

#7849 3 years ago

Thank you! I used industrial strength Velcro and 4 L brackets that I used a machine screw and nut attached to the topper through two holes on each side of it. I didn’t want to drill holes into the top of the backbox to mount it. Ran the power cord through the bottom out a vent hole because the service plug doesn’t accept the power plug for the LEDs. Its about 11” high roughly.

Awesome ! Thanks for the info. Looks great!

#7851 3 years ago

Appreciate it. I looked at it again it’s definitely 12” or more at the highest point. Especially with the L brackets on.

not going to work for me, ceiling is too low - Thanks for checking!

3 weeks later
#7946 3 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

CMOS battery - like any modern motherboard.

I'm somewhat of a noob on this too - do you have to change the battery regularly or just if you are having certain types of issues?

#7948 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

No. Once every few years or so. Probably longer than that.

Awesome thanks LTG!

9 months later
#8390 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I did have a picture.
[quoted image]

Thanks so much for posting this LTG! I was having the SDTM problem from the scoop and this fixed it. Bracket was a bit stiff to come off the bottom of the playfield even with the screws loosened, but eventually pried it off a bit and got the washer in between.

#8391 2 years ago
Quoted from bigballa81:

Thanks so much for posting this LTG! I was having the SDTM problem from the scoop and this fixed it. Bracket was a bit stiff to come off the bottom of the playfield even with the screws loosened, but eventually pried it off a bit and got the washer in between.

Played a few games and I’m still getting the SDTM issue maybe one out of 4 times, maybe I need a thicker washer. I have seen someone post about using a spring washer. Would this perhaps provide a better result?

#8393 2 years ago
Quoted from Sleepy:

If your coil is loose a spring washer will help tighten it up and help prevent balls going straight down the middle. I believe I put mine next to the coil stop to tighten everything up. This solved the problem for me. Also make sure you squeeze everything together when tightening the coil stop to further reduce movement in the coil.
LTG's washer fix helps direct the ball more towards the left flipper I believe, but that may not be your issue.

I know this might be a bit much to ask, but you think you could take a picture of the spring washer you put next to the coil stop on your machine? I’m not quite sure what to do and a pic might help.

#8396 2 years ago
Quoted from Sleepy:

Here is a picture. I actually have it on the opposite end of the coil stop, between the coil bracket and the coil. You can just see a piece of the spring washer sticking out at the top. I hope this helps. [quoted image]

Thanks very much for the tips and the pictures! I’ll give it a shot.

#8399 2 years ago
Quoted from bigballa81:

Thanks very much for the tips and the pictures! I’ll give it a shot.

I fixed the SDTM issue from the scoop. I just had to tighten us the 2 nuts on the coil bracket. Don’t know why I didn’t think of this earlier!

2 weeks later
#8429 2 years ago

Anyone know if there is a way to adjust the height of Frank's arms? When he is standing, his arms are not raised straight out like they should be, they are a bit lower.

#8431 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I think you will have to inspect what they are doing. They are on that metal arm that should push them up with frank being up right. I don't know if there is an adjustment per say. Have you manually lifted the arms yet?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

No I haven't tried anything yet. To be honest I'm kind of afraid to touch it too much. Right now all Frank hits seem to registering pretty good, and the last thing I want is to mess that up. I thought I would hit up the forms to see if there were any hot tips.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Greeley, CO
$ 12.95
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

12,125 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Paul, MN
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigballa81.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-remake-mbr-owners-club?tu=bigballa81 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.