(Topic ID: 222461)

Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)

By MrSanRamon

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,330 posts
  • 732 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 25 hours ago by Dashmonster
  • Topic is favorited by 277 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)”

• I'm in on a CE 77 votes
    9%
  • I'm in on a SE 172 votes
    21%
  • I'm in on a LE 396 votes
    48%
  • I'm out for now 182 votes
    22%

(827 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wire switch 2 (resized).jpg
R orbit switch (resized).jpg
IMG_4951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4943 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0464 (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
IMG_3190 (resized).jpeg
Wolfman (resized).jpg
IMG_2467 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4014 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231111_165525077 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20231112-165133 (resized).png
20231110_123120 (resized).jpg
20231105_122730 (resized).jpg
94B393B7-CB09-4AFB-A166-CF0EC7F7F9A0 (resized).jpeg
3D150F78-A1C1-4B31-A9FA-00031163D7C1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #4230 Potential fix for SDTM from scoop. Posted by Reznnate (5 years ago)

Post #5928 Frankenstein switch adjustment tips Posted by MGM2 (4 years ago)

Post #6026 Links to STDM Tweaks Posted by Oaken (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider arcyallen.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7557 3 years ago

I've just finished reading the first 57 pages of this thread. I hope you all got your machines

#7562 3 years ago

Anyone else having their plastic rubbing on the heads of the post screws and getting scratched? I'll probably put some washers in to create a gap. Seems like a poor design, having the plastic resting on top of a screw head.

IMG_20201121_134244920.jpgIMG_20201121_134244920.jpg
#7568 3 years ago

Funny email exchange with my local glass company:

Me: "Do you guys have available anything like this specifically for pinball machines? I'd like prices for normal and anti-reflective glass.
https://cointaker.com/products/hd-anti-reflection-pinball-glass
Thanks
Ron"
---------------------
Glass Co: "Hey Ron. We have a Non-Glare glass which works against reflections and only partial UV blockage, but it is not the conservation grade UV protection you may be looking for. This glass is just under a 1/16” thick and goes for $7.95 plus tax per square foot. A standard, 1/16” clear float glass goes for $3.75 plus tax per square foot."
---------------------
Me: "Something is horribly, comically wrong here. I'm pretty sure that glass isn't 1/16" thick. Picking up and handling a sheet 1/16" think that is 21" x 43" seems impossible without breaking. I'm pretty sure it's not "specifically for pinball machines". And I'm also pretty sure that whatever glass you're suggesting would burst into a million eye destroying pieces when a pinball hits it at speed during a game and I'm staring directly at it.
Perhaps we can try this again? I don't mean to sound snarky. I just know this is way, way off.
Thanks
Ron"

I think I'll wait for the next post-Covid show and pick up a sheet or two then

#7571 3 years ago
Quoted from mostater:

I am interested in hearing what your glass company says in reply. Could be a heck of a lot cheaper going through a local glass company instead.

Their second reply did not instill me with confidence, talking about "safety glass like a car". So I'll take a different route.

1 week later
#7605 3 years ago

Ok, I just read the 7604 posts here since getting my MBr CE last month. My knowledge is now limitless. But what can I add to the conversation?

I can add this: Did anyone else notice this funny entry in the warranty documentation from CGC?

"Mechanical and other components that fail due to defects in materials or workmanship EXCLUDING normal wear and tear, and component failures arising from original Williams' design"

aka, "We're not covering the mistakes those Williams bastards made! But in an effort of authenticity we -will- duplicate them. You're welcome."

#7608 3 years ago
Quoted from 2manyhobbies:

Yeah all pinball machines suck for warranty in my opinion.

I understand the frustration but I accept the warranty situation for pinball. I just think it's humorous they exclude previous design defects. Understandable, and humorous.

1 week later
#7651 3 years ago

A similar problem has been addressed multiple times here but I'm looking for specific information. When standing, how far does your frank move before the switch triggers, and how hard do you have to hit him? My frank torso has to move almost two inches to trigger, and seeing as the ball is hitting his FEET it seems like the ball has to slam into him hard to get his top half to move that much. See pics for "neutral" and "triggered" positions.

Also, why does Phantom Flip hate me so much? It started getting worse after game eighty or so and now hits "bride" or nothing.

IMG_20201211_140113152.jpgIMG_20201211_140113152.jpgIMG_20201211_140118459.jpgIMG_20201211_140118459.jpg
1 month later
#7700 3 years ago
Quoted from Purdue:

Is CGC still making MBR or any of their remakes or were they all pre-sale? Can you still get one new?

I just noticed a month or two ago this page exists: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/new-games

Super helpful, all on one page, lots of sources and prices!

#7701 3 years ago
Quoted from DazedandConfused:

Since you have both, would you mind saying what you like or don't like about BK vs MB? Which do you find yourself playing more. Thanks.

I have both. I'm selling BK SOR. BK is the first pin that I really stress out playing. The first day I had it home I thought "uh-oh...this feels unpleasant." Which sound ridiculous but it's true. I even switched to the alternate soundtrack because the original fast metal one just adds to my stress (and I love my Metallica pin). It's brutal. It often feels unfair as the main three shots in the middle will often drain.

MB never feels unfair - if it drains, I did it. BK is also waaay faster than MB, which is nice when it's not brutal.

1 week later
#7710 3 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

anyone have an issue where when a new ball gets put in the shooter lane the auto launch button doesn't work for a second or two? full disclosure, i just put one of those plastic protectors in there. maybe the ball isn't sitting down enough for the switch to register or it's catching on the plastic a bit. i'll see if anything is going on there.

Every 5-10 balls has a bit of a delay at launch, but it always launches. No protector. I can't imagine the protector causing that, as once the ball settles it's either triggering the switch or it's not.

Quoted from Flipper_Ripper:

Anyone else have SDTM off of Dracula’s feet from the right orbit.

I never had this problem but others here have. Either a) Cut off Dracula's legs from the waist down (or was it from the head down?) or b) Search "Dracula" and see the previous posts. I'd start with b.

ps - I'm not responsible for you cutting off your Dracula

1 week later
#7772 3 years ago
Quoted from nerdygrrl:

I joined a couple of weeks ago. I picked up a very low use classic from a friend's bar. I am rather shocked by the amount of dimpling with under 1500 plays,

I had the same problem until I turned the flipper strength down. Out of the box when the ball hits Frank's feet the ball flies everywhere. I had more dimpling in those first 100 games than the post-adjustment following 500 games.

1 week later
#7828 3 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

what did you turn them down to? What was the original factory default setting? thx

-4. I don't remember the default setting, other than it was goofy strong.

#7845 3 years ago
Quoted from BAMcDonald:

How can I turn up the General Illumination on my MB CE?

The back left corner, especially the left Bride ramp, is really dark. Increasing the GI did nothing for me.

Quoted from dbarker:

I am searching for the paint code for the electric blue on the mbr le. I am wanting to powder coat the coin door and i cant find the paint codes for any of the 3 chicago gaming machines i own. Does anyone have this information if so it would be much appreciated. Specifically the mbr le, atfmr le, mmr royal. Chicago gaming hasn't replied and they have all their voice mails full, so strange.

The closest thing I found was ordering the parts directly from Planetary Pinball. I also reached out - CGC and Planetary do not know the codes, they just sell the parts. I don't imagine it costs much more to just replace the parts than powdercoating the existing ones, I just wish I had a use for the brand new ones I'd be pulling off.

2 weeks later
#7890 3 years ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

Mind you the ball doesn't bounce around as much as it does on MB

...said everyone whose machine isn't dimpling as bad. I'd like to see a low play original MB and compare playfields, because I think it'd be equally dimpled.

"Frank angry, Frank make dimples!"

1 week later
#7920 3 years ago
Quoted from nerdygrrl:

Had I looked at this group beforehand I never would have purchased a remake.

It bothers you THAT bad? I literally never notice the dimples. Maybe you just need dirtier playfield glass

#7933 3 years ago
Quoted from Deebo:

Hi everyone, Is there a specific spring washer you guys recommend for the scoop SDTM fix? If I missed a link in this thread I apologize. I spent an hour reading posts but did not see it. Thanks!

https://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=4705-00002-00

I will tell you after installing it, it worked for awhile and then had the SDTM issue again. I had to fiddle with the power settings for the eighth time but now it's SDTM only about 2% of the time.

On a separate note: When Phantom Flip activates, am I the only one who just now noticed it actually lights up the shot it's trying for? It's only for a split second, but I just saw it today. Now I can tell which shot it missed! Haha....

1 week later
#7986 3 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

I'll need to look..
It works fine , it looks high .
[quoted image]

I know I may go to pinball hell for disagreeing with LTG but that neck is too high. At least compared to mine (the camera angle looks funky but represents accurately):

IMG_20210327_142418506 (resized).jpgIMG_20210327_142418506 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#8001 3 years ago

I finally bit the bullet and installed some Pinstadiums. As someone that likes bright colors, this is it! The playfield colors pop out, the back left corner is finally visible and the strobe lighting is almost -too- bright. They aren't cheap, but I think they're well worth it! If anyone has any setting suggestions I'm all ears. These pics are at max brightness, neutral color, warm at 100%.

IMG_20210403_132614862 (resized).jpgIMG_20210403_132614862 (resized).jpgIMG_20210403_132626959 (resized).jpgIMG_20210403_132626959 (resized).jpgIMG_20210403_132652858 (resized).jpgIMG_20210403_132652858 (resized).jpgIMG_20210403_132703245 (resized).jpgIMG_20210403_132703245 (resized).jpg
#8002 3 years ago

Also, can someone confirm that a Classic does NOT have a harness going to the "BP MOON" socket? The directions for the Pinstadium lighting recommending tying into the non-existent harness there. I assume the "missing" harness is for the LED Drac lighting on the SE or LE versions.

Update: Scott from Pinstadium just confirmed this is indeed normal.

BP MOON (resized).jpgBP MOON (resized).jpg

1 week later
1 month later
#8050 2 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

end of discussion.

Best argument ender ever! Unless everyone keeps talking about it. Which they are.

I'm baffled by all of this discussion for many reasons. My thoughts:
-I've never been bothered by any playfield dimples ever. The idea of buying a $1500 replacement playfield for a 2 year old pin because of the dimpling hurts my head. But I don't have a Bublehead .
-Common sense says dimpling will eventually HAVE to end (aka "flatten out") because each dimple is less and less deep due to the compression of the wood. If you have a 3/4" piece of wood that gets a repeated dimple of 1/1000th of an inch, the 3/4" will get thinner and thinner and eventually stop getting thinner. 750 1/1000" dimples in the same spot = your playfield just disappeared. I'll need pics of that happening to believe! I also concede I have no idea if that flattening out takes decades or centuries. Ultimately, as I said in the first point, I don't care.

End of discussion! Right? Haha...

#8053 2 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

You have to understand, this machine has entered into a "passed down for generations" family of pinheads. It will outlive me (for certain) and will continue to be hammered by myself and my extended family for years to come. And so if I want to spend $1500 dollars on a bullet proof playfield to pass on to my nephews, I'll apologize now for hurting your wittle ol' noggin. I've owned and played on my machines for 25 years, and let me tell you, they don't dimple flat. They either dimple or they don't. And if they dimple, they self destruct over time, not pound flat. My MBrLE is a pock marked, dimpled AF playfield after 2 years and it will eventually loose artwork and wood. I own a Pinbot, a BOP, and have had both since the early 90's. Both are flat as fuck, undimpled and started out that way. They didn't dimple at all. Much less dimple Fucking flat. My MBrLE has more dimples than Shirley Temple. It started out nice and smooth and flat, and didn't stay that way at all. No playfield I have ever owned including my South Park, Central Park, Family Guy, Pinbot, or Bride has shown this kind of wear, and Central Park has no dimples at all and its over 50 years old. So sue me if it hurts your head, but I got the $1500 just lying around doing nothing so I decided to spend it on a Kruzman playfield. Now is the time to get a replacement, not another 30 years from now when who knows when or where to find one.

Easy tiger! It's fine you want to spend $1500 on a new playfield. It's just not for me. You see value in it, I don't. No problem.

As for all of your other pins and their lack of dimpling: Do you think the ball bouncing off Frank's feet would effect the amount of dimpling vs the others? I'm pretty familiar with South Park, Pinbot, and Bride. I have more airballs in one good game of MB than I've ever had with the others. Combined. Total, ever. Don't you think that would put you at an increased risk of dimpling? I mean, how on earth would Central Park even get ONE dimple?

Quoted from nerdygrrl:

It's seriously basic science.

It sure is. And yet these days everyone is so convinced they're right (about everything, not just pins) no one is entertaining how they could be wrong.

3 weeks later
#8101 2 years ago
Quoted from Adams:

[quoted image]
I keep getting balls stuck when hit too hard up the mummy ramp. They fly out of the ramp and land on the plastic in the back, then roll down and get stuck: sitting on the plastic, wedged between the wire ramp and the cabinet (picture attached).
Anyone else have this issue or know how to fix?
Thanks in advance
-Adam

On my machine this isn't possible. Is it possible to slightly bend/adjustment either the wire ramp or plastic to avoid this? I had the glass off and looked hard, and can't see a way a ball would stick back there.

2 weeks later
#8110 2 years ago
Quoted from gjm7777:

Dimples are normal

NO gjm777, NO! RUN! PROTECT YOURSELF! You may as well have said puppies are ugly. The "dimples are a defect" people with clubs and chains are approaching you. You better take it back now.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Greeley, CO
Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 12.95
$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider arcyallen.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-remake-mbr-owners-club?tu=arcyallen and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.