(Topic ID: 222461)

Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)

By MrSanRamon

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,330 posts
  • 732 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 27 hours ago by Dashmonster
  • Topic is favorited by 277 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)”

• I'm in on a CE 77 votes
    9%
  • I'm in on a SE 172 votes
    21%
  • I'm in on a LE 396 votes
    48%
  • I'm out for now 182 votes
    22%

(827 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wire switch 2 (resized).jpg
R orbit switch (resized).jpg
IMG_4951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4943 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0464 (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
IMG_3190 (resized).jpeg
Wolfman (resized).jpg
IMG_2467 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4014 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231111_165525077 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20231112-165133 (resized).png
20231110_123120 (resized).jpg
20231105_122730 (resized).jpg
94B393B7-CB09-4AFB-A166-CF0EC7F7F9A0 (resized).jpeg
3D150F78-A1C1-4B31-A9FA-00031163D7C1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #4230 Potential fix for SDTM from scoop. Posted by Reznnate (5 years ago)

Post #5928 Frankenstein switch adjustment tips Posted by MGM2 (4 years ago)

Post #6026 Links to STDM Tweaks Posted by Oaken (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider arcademojo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#178 5 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

I heard $6000 for SE?

You heard wrong. It's $6000 for CE, $7300 for SE and $8000 for LE.

#259 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

so they can build 75 games a week?

I recall a post that they can build 15 a day. So yes that should be 75 a week.

#264 5 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

Yes, but would that mean there are another bunch of people that they think will buy a TAF.
With that BOM, it would either be an expensive machine or they would have to sell a lot of them to get benefits of scale.
I guess anything can happen, but they made 20K of them already...must be a lot still in existence.
Anyway, back to MBr...
Robert

It's all about supply and demand. 20K means nothing if you have 25K people that want one. High end restored ones go for 10k to 13k. Average condition with some wear and tear is about 6k to 6.5k. I personally own one in the average condition price point. Would I sell it and buy a remake. Wouldn't even have to think twice about. Remake all the way! Same with my Scared Stiff.

#285 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Well I'm officially in! MBr LE. Just couldn't say no.
Cointaker btw - super smooth as always. Highly recommended if you're looking for a NIB.

Super smooth my ass. My buddy called 3 times to put an order in for a MBRLE this week so far and not even a return phone call. And he is local.

1 month later
#1261 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Monsters are supposed to be in the dark - not blindingly bright light
I don't get the current obsession with making games brighter and brighter, until your retinas go pop!

We’re all getting older. Harder to see the ball.

#1487 5 years ago
Quoted from Nytewatch33:

I have no idea where you are getting this from. I haven't heard one person say they think the original is better than the remake. And I have read a lot of comments. No one has even said it's ok. Everyone has said it is an improvement in every way to the original honestly. Sure some people have commented on the hole protector needing upgrading, some would like to see more lighting in the lower playfield, and a few have commented on balls coming off the ramps - but no one has said the original is better or even on par with the remake.

That’s because the purists haven’t gotten a chance to play them yet. But don’t worry. There will be many threads from original MB owners on how and why their original is so much better.

3 weeks later
#2382 5 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

As requested...
Here are pics showing MBrLE and MMrLE
On MB, it looks like CGC did what JJP did on WOZ. I don't think it's t-molding, but appears to be a slightly textured strip of vinyl.
On MMr, it looks like the wood edges have been filled in w/ filler prior to painting the backbox.
[quoted image][quoted image]

It sur looks like you can see wood grain through the paint. Also looks like the edge you see is from the decal. Doesn’t look like a strip of vinyl to me. But that’s just what I get from the picture.

#2457 5 years ago

As someone that has worked in manufacturing for 15 years. I try to explain these setbacks and delays from all companies.
.......SHIT HAPPENS.....
Do you people really think these companies just decide to hold games for weeks at a time just to piss customers off??? Because that’s what a lot of you sound like.
The smaller the production line is the harder it’s hit by anything that can cause a delay. I’m waiting on an LE. If it’s delayed by a month or three to get it right then so be it. I’d rather wait for a correct finished product then something rushed just to please a few whinny customers.

#2608 5 years ago

Some of you people should seriously consider changing to coin collecting.

1 month later
#4546 5 years ago

non-matching # MBRLE on the road with estimated delivery 3/22
Tracking shows it's already in ATGLEN PA.
Damnd thing is. It's going to York Pa. That's about an hour drive.
Have to wait 2 days for delivery and hour away.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#4559 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

U can call and pick it up.. i did this with munsters

We are just going to wait it out. Have league nite Thursday night and delivery is Friday. Planning to have an unboxing party Friday night.
It's not my game. It's my buddies game (not a Pinsider). I take care of his games and we both have off work Friday so works out great.

#4560 5 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

non-matching # MBRLE on the road with estimated delivery 3/22
Tracking shows it's already in ATGLEN PA.
Damnd thing is. It's going to York Pa. That's about an hour drive.
Have to wait 2 days for delivery and hour away.
[quoted image]

LOL Now WTF!!!!!
Did a quick check on tracking this morning to see if they updated delivery.
Yeah they did. Now it's in Lake Katrine NY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 5 hours away.
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#4571 5 years ago

Must have been a hiccup in the tracking info and was still tracking the truck.
Tracking now shows truck was unloaded at ATGLAN Pa.
Fingers crossed it will get delivered tomorrow.

2 weeks later
#5005 5 years ago

My buddies none matching number 717 MBRLE finally arrived. Cool thing about the number is that is our phone number area code.
Didn't have any of the SDTM problems or other issues out of the box except for ball getting stuck on the ramp.
Can someone save me the trouble of rereading 5000+ post and post what the fix was for this again.
56184372_2390419560988660_6419574359043604480_n (resized).jpg56184372_2390419560988660_6419574359043604480_n (resized).jpg

#5017 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Ok, I got great news on Monday that my MBrLE would ship this week, yet that was Monday, and no BOL, or any other info from my distributor yet, no estmated delivery, nothing... I sent an email but no response yet. And now we have someone who ordered in February reporting theirs is shipping... next week. Ok, so I have been on order for 170+ days, put $1000 dollars down, paid in full (when asked) over three weeks ago, yet someone who orderd in February is getting their machine next week?!?
This is getting way beyond an affront, this is getting into actual incompetance to set up and run a distribution network that is at least balanced and fair and gets their product to those who want it as quickly as possible, and in some kind of orderly fashion, This piecemeal, shotgunned, fucked up distribution system can’t even deliver to a customer that has been waiting over 170 days, and all I keep getting is hollow promises and missed shipping dates. I don’t even know if my machine has even left the freaking dock yet. The next person that puts up a “I’m getting my machine day before yesterday, and I only thought about buying it the day after tomorrow” post is getting no love from me. If my machine takes more another week to get here, then this is just not humane. This is actually customer dis-appreciation and abuse.
I think this is the first and last CGC game I will buy, just from the customer ordering experience alone. This is stupid, it’s beyond reasonable, and if it wasn’t for the fact that I wanted this for so long, and have waited even longer, I would just tell them to shove it.

It’s worth the wait. Hang in there and keep in mind, most of the delays were to bring you a better product. My buddy ordered his way back when they first came out and just got it now. I can say this about the game. He was going to cancel his MBRLE and order a Munsters Le. He now has played Munsters and MBRLE. His statement yesterday was “I’m so glad I didn’t cancel on MBRLE. It plays much better the Munsters LE.

#5018 5 years ago

Just wanted to point out. We did have slight damage to the topper. One end of the wooden box was pulled apart and the other was almost pulled apart. The topper looked good when inspecting it but when we removed it. The back panel was wobbly. I was able to tighten the screws up but 3 of them wouldn’t tighten. Bottom board fells like it split where the screws are. One thing I would like to point out is there was no glue holding the sides of the box together and the staples weren’t in very deep. Would suggest they use glue to make the box more secure.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Greeley, CO
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Shepherdsville, KY
Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
$ 12.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider arcademojo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-remake-mbr-owners-club?tu=arcademojo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.