(Topic ID: 222461)

Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)

By MrSanRamon

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 6,215 posts
  • 483 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 21 hours ago by Lounge
  • Topic is favorited by 195 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)”

• I'm in on a CE 41 votes
    7%
  • I'm in on a SE 101 votes
    17%
  • I'm in on a LE 305 votes
    50%
  • I'm out for now 161 votes
    26%

(608 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,067 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20191008_163836 (resized).jpg
20191008_163235 (resized).jpg
20191008_163257 (resized).jpg
20191008_163241 (resized).jpg
Monster-Bash-5 (resized).jpg
Monster-Bash-17 (resized).jpg
Monster-Bash-18 (resized).jpg
Monster-Bash-19 (resized).jpg
Monster-Bash-2 (resized).jpg
Monster-Bash-3 (resized).jpg
Monster-Bash-1 (resized).jpg
IMG_7846-1200px (resized).JPG
20191007_094901 (resized).jpg
Step_2 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20190925-194712_Drive (resized).jpg
B2E14A53-4001-48B2-8893-261E3BCD6066 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #4230 Potential fix for SDTM from scoop. Posted by Reznnate (7 months ago)

Post #5928 Frankenstein switch adjustment tips Posted by MGM2 (63 days ago)

Post #6026 Links to STDM Tweaks Posted by Oaken (49 days ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aliciac.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#166 12 months ago

In for a LE as well!

2 months later
#2156 9 months ago

Got the email as well... Non-number matching LE shipping next week. Paid in full early December. A little nervous about the recent examples here citing freight damage. I've had a dozen or so NIB's delivered with zero issues, but isn't this why you pay with a CC? I always pay with my Amex just in case to ensure I'm covered if the game arrives in pieces or the box is filled with bricks, etc.

#2194 9 months ago
Quoted from Nytewatch33:

This is the first non number match LE that is shipping that I've heard of I think? Seems odd that non number matches would be shipping already with number matched people waiting. Especially since many non number matchers paid in full earlier than December. Maybe a distributor thing or someone dropped out?

Nobody dropped out - I ordered our MBRLE about 30 seconds after our distributor started taking orders.

2 weeks later
#2981 8 months ago

MBRLE has been sitting in the local terminal since Monday and scheduled for delivery Friday... Can't wait.

#3109 8 months ago

Unboxed our LE this afternoon. Several cosmetic issues out of the box: Cracked decals on two corners, blue powder coating blemishes, broken plastic part fell out of the game and a few other items (repaired wood w/ black paint or ink on the topper). Submitted a ticket and waiting for an update.IMG_4896 (resized).jpg

IMG_2840 (resized).jpgIMG_3463 (resized).jpgIMG_3502 (resized).jpgIMG_7234 (resized).jpgIMG_8750 (resized).jpgIMG_0064-2 (resized).jpg
#3126 8 months ago
Quoted from cheshirefilms:

That game was clearly dropped or otherwise mishandled in freight. Way beyond CGC's control. That's what shipping insurance and your disty is for.
As for the cracks, as before, this is a phenomena on some of the most recent MBR games. Not apparently on MBRs that delivered prior to this past week or so.
Something's probably changed recently and hopefully soon we'll hear it's been discovered and remedied.

Really? I've tried to remain civil about this and give CGC a chance to somehow resolve, but c'mon man, I strongly disagree with your comment. This must be an extra special LE as it somehow can repair wood damage with magic ink while fully packed in it's original shipping container before it's opened by the original purchaser. The game clearly had issues when it was placed in the box for shipping. I didn't even include the photo of some funky rectangular blemish on the lockdown bar. I'm equally pissed about all of the issues, but the broken plastic piece is concerning as I'm not sure where it came from (or what may be impacted without it).

Anyone have thoughts on how to resolve the cracked decal issue? Replacement decals are not going to suffice as I'm not going to rip apart my new 8K toy that wasn't assembled properly.

At any rate, my original post was my experience and may have been a game that somehow made it through final quality control with some issues. I'll keep the thread updated on how CGC plans to resolve.

#3127 8 months ago

Ok so what's the alternative then folks. Obviously CGC didn't pack this game with broken bits and cabinet wood dings.
This is very sad but the fact is this game in particular was mistreated by the carrier. Joe@PinballStar told me recently carrier incidents are on the rise recently so don't skimp on the insurance and use a carrier with a good track record. Don't sign till you're sure your game is ok. Keep a few bucks on you for the driver to wait.
This goes WAY beyond the recent decal issue, folks.

Respectfully, you have no idea what you're talking about in this specific circumstance. I got the same email (and Joe is awesome btw). While I respect your opinion, it's not your game; nor were you present when the game was delivered, moved or unpacked. Making unsubstantiated comments "that it was dropped, etc" adds fuel to the fire and doesn't help provide balanced feedback to CGC. Stuff happens and I understand that. Let's see how this all gets sorted out.

Good news, is the game upgrades on the LE are awesome!

IMG_4097 (resized).jpgIMG_6694 (resized).jpg
#3134 8 months ago

That game was clearly dropped or otherwise mishandled in freight. Way beyond CGC's control. That's what shipping insurance and your disty is for.
As for the cracks, as before, this is a phenomena on some of the most recent MBR games. Not apparently on MBRs that delivered prior to this past week or so.
Something's probably changed recently and hopefully soon we'll hear it's been discovered and remedied.

$8K NIB toy does not include an allowable tolerance for "phenomena."

#3153 8 months ago

I never said that it should. I think you should be made whole for the decal tears- no questions asked.
Absolutely unacceptable.
As for the other damages- if this really happened at the factory, I think it should be remedied by the Company-
I cant believe such injury would be allowable and signed off by anyone let alone possibly multiple people.
Its just beyond my experience to see NIB items with quality control approvals on cabinet dings, broken bits and the like-
I'd just as likely believe the shipper injured/tampered with your package under such circumstances.
I hope- either way- you're made whole and in double time speed.

I completely agree. My intent of posting photos of my game was objective. I'm not here to stir the pot, but feel CGC should be given a chance to see what they plan to do to resolve these issues. It's not shipping damage. If repairs will be made to cabinets and will have noticeable repairs made, that needs to be shared and the games priced accordingly. I bought a new game and that's all I want; nothing more or less.

From a mechanical standpoint, the tilt rod "thingie" is missing. I have the weight and thumbscrew that was included in the coin box, but the metal piece the weight attaches to is MIA. I was concerned it might be stuck in a board someplace, but I've looked everywhere.

#3171 8 months ago

Understand. Yet, no one has cracked the nut as to why then for 3+ months no decal cuts surface on MBRs, then all of a sudden here they come, one NIB game after another. And never subsequent to looking good out of the box due to "cabinet shift" theory.
All that's changed that we know of for sure in that time is the weather.

We don’t know for sure that decal cracks didn’t happen for the last three plus months with MBR. Sounds like it happened with AFMR and never stopped.

That’s an assumption based on lack of problematic posts to Pinside. That does not mean it didn’t happen as other folks purchase this game besides all of us on PS.

#3174 8 months ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

You have waited 20 years to buy a NIB MB.... now a 10mm crack in the side art has people sending them back or cancelling!?

The operative word is “NIB.” You are buying new goods and it’s advertised as such.

My decal crack on the front right corner slightly grew (about .5”) after I initially set the machine up and allowed it to sit overnight. Not sure the causation, just objective data.

Haven’t heard back from CGC yet, but will update this thread when I do.

#3178 8 months ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

And the majority of POTC owners had no issues. Mine included. People often forget that on forums you get the complaints. Most people who have no issues will not come post about it. These are complex machines with a ton of moving parts. They are heavy and don’t always ship well. And there has to be some leeway to allow for factory repairs or blemishes of a superficial nature.

I often expect mechanical concerns that happen due to shipping. This is my 11th or 12th NIB game; I get it and things happen. Not this many things typically happen at one time.

Why is my LE missing the tilt plungebob hanger thingie? Not lost in shipping.

Mechanical stuff can be fixed by most of us. Cosmetic stuff not so much; or at least well beyond my abilities. And I’m not going to use my new 8k toy to learn how to replace decals.

I will not accept a tolerance for superficial blemishes on games. If that’s the case, advertise semi-NIB games and price accordingly.

#3180 8 months ago

I will say my distributor has stood by my side with these issues from the moment I reported the concern to him and CGC. It’s good having someone advocate for you.

Agree, my LE is probably not the norm and one that got missed in final QC. However, that doesn’t change my level of being pissed off.

I’m in the same camp that they can come transport this thing out of my upstairs gameroom and replace it with what I paid for.

3 months later
#5570 4 months ago
Quoted from Derpanzerwerk:

another email sent asking for shipping information on my LE, another email ignored. funny I thought the game was "ready to ship out"?
Im going on vacation and need to know asap but apparantly im not important enough to this distributor for a return email. Once(if) this transaction is over Ill let everyone know who I am dealing with here and you can decide for yourself to use their business or not. Beyond frustrated here

Why not just let everyone know who the distributor is? Most of us have dealt with several and can help point you in the right direction. I've never had communication issues with distributors, but that's unacceptable.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aliciac.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside