(Topic ID: 222461)

Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)

By MrSanRamon

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,332 posts
  • 732 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by KingMixer
  • Topic is favorited by 277 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)”

• I'm in on a CE 77 votes
    9%
  • I'm in on a SE 172 votes
    21%
  • I'm in on a LE 396 votes
    48%
  • I'm out for now 182 votes
    22%

(827 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wire switch 2 (resized).jpg
R orbit switch (resized).jpg
IMG_4951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4943 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0464 (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
IMG_3190 (resized).jpeg
Wolfman (resized).jpg
IMG_2467 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4014 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231111_165525077 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20231112-165133 (resized).png
20231110_123120 (resized).jpg
20231105_122730 (resized).jpg
94B393B7-CB09-4AFB-A166-CF0EC7F7F9A0 (resized).jpeg
3D150F78-A1C1-4B31-A9FA-00031163D7C1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #4230 Potential fix for SDTM from scoop. Posted by Reznnate (5 years ago)

Post #5928 Frankenstein switch adjustment tips Posted by MGM2 (4 years ago)

Post #6026 Links to STDM Tweaks Posted by Oaken (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Shapeshifter.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#682 5 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

Seen a picture on Facebook from the mb Remake playfield and Wonder if that playfield is a Production playfield. The clearcoat finish didn’t look that nice.

I saw photo before you deleted it. Not good at all! Ribbing all over the place.

#693 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I know more than 1 person has their MB...surely if it was an issue we'd have heard about it by now.
I'm not seeing whatever it is - just that main pic by the Alice cooper pic?
This? That's just the artwork...
[quoted image]

Surely you can see all the wavy lines in the clear?

1 week later
#991 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Player one Toronto has a CE set up. I put in about 30 min today.
Smooth play, beautiful machine, Frank is way less of a drain monster than I remember him being, everything about this game is great (even without the new upgrades),.......however, playing for 30min only confirmed my feelings that while this is one of my favorite games for its nostalgia and genuinely fun gameplay and theme, it also (for me) is better as a pin played only occasionally to be appreciated properly. I can see having this in my home making me start to find what iscurrently a fun game that I can usually do quite well on and be entertained into I game I find boring and repetitive. I dont want to wreck this game for myself so I'm taking a pass but hoping some locals get some
If you have the means and room to pack your house with pins, this is a great choice. If you are only going to have 4 or 5 pins? Maybe not.
Still looking forward to playing a SE or LE and love CGC remakes. This is the prettiest of them so far but has the least to do long term.

I think opening the outlanes on MB makes a huge difference.

Also, for those who got bored..... how many did the infamous 6 stack???

#1203 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

As an owner of AFM LE, that game desperately needed pinstadium. I can see this being different due to additional GI. We'll see.

Shows how different we are.

I thought AFMR was one of the brightest games I have ever seen!

#1260 5 years ago
Quoted from bigdog50:

FFS - for all the folks complaining about lighting on a new game, that has LEDs, and don't want to turn on a light but will spend hundreds on added "custom mod" lighting --- buy this to light up where the ball is..........[quoted image]

Monsters are supposed to be in the dark - not blindingly bright light

I don't get the current obsession with making games brighter and brighter, until your retinas go pop!

#1471 5 years ago
Quoted from Cyrus:

Loving my SE. Only problem is ball flies off the right ramp in multiple spots. Trying to look for easy fixes but from what I’m reading I’m not the only one having this issue.

Curious on the fix as my original does this.

Do a slow mo video - mine seems to hit the other ramp entrance and then it takes off into pop bumper area.

#1550 5 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

I have had my MBr SE for three weeks now. I put in side art from Pingraffix and a shaker. It has played almost perfect from the start with no adjustments. The scoop protector is wearing but looks OK. It is doing its job. The ball has come off the right ramp a couple of times and landed in the poppers. It plays fast and is fun. It is a great game.

I finally worked out my original does this because ball hits the bottom corner of the other metal ramp feeding in.

A slow mo video shows it pretty clear.

Not sure of fix yet.

#1664 5 years ago

How accurate is the phantom flip on the remake?

#1694 5 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

It’s just the anti-remake crowd popping up again trying to drive up the prices of their originals........again. The remakes play just like the originals plus you get all new parts and awesome upgrades, nothing to see here.....move on.

Just don't get this at all.

They do play different.

Who cares on prices up or down though!

#1697 5 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

They don’t play different

Maybe they don't to you and that's fine.

Some people can notice the difference. Others can't.

It's not a big issue as remakes are doing amazingly well.

2 weeks later
#2369 5 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

As requested...
Here are pics showing MBrLE and MMrLE
On MB, it looks like CGC did what JJP did on WOZ. I don't think it's t-molding, but appears to be a slightly textured strip of vinyl.
On MMr, it looks like the wood edges have been filled in w/ filler prior to painting the backbox.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Definitely prefer the finish on the MMR.

#2589 5 years ago

Stern used to say that their LE's had a thicker clear coat than pro's.

Can't remember which games.

1 week later
#2843 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Wow looks like cgc cabs are doing what sterns were doing and people hammered stern for this .

Stern's cabs were splitting.

This is decal tearing.

Just like the original MB's.

Another reason why with all these price rises in pinball, would have loved to see screened cabinets again.

Only JJP with the first run of WOZ were screened and they then quickly went to decals.

#2930 5 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Does anyone know if phantom flip works with lightning flippers?

Been looking at ways of making this game harder.

Outlanes, very tight tilt, one or no eb's.

Hadn't thought of lightning flippers.

That might be a simple way of adding a ton of longevity to this game.

I can't imagine FT or BSD without lightning flippers - way too easy.

#3000 5 years ago

I think a certain non stop marketing has convinced many people that their games are too dark.

Pinballs were never meant to be super bright, as ambience is one of the things that draws people to pinball machines.

#3136 5 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

That’s horrendous! CGC should be ashamed of themselves! This is unacceptable!

This is why I was fed up when Stern moved from screen printing ( even with lower resolution ) to decals - around the time of Tron production.

Decals are just flimsy stickers. They peel off Stern games, rip easily, they are just cheap.

Bring back screen printing or a new tough material that doesn't rip, wrinkle, and crack!

#3164 5 years ago
Quoted from cheshirefilms:

Understand. Yet, no one has cracked the nut as to why then for 3+ months no decal cuts surface on MBRs, then all of a sudden here they come, one NIB game after another. And never subsequent to looking good out of the box due to "cabinet shift" theory.
All that's changed that we know of for sure in that time is the weather.

Different batch of decals maybe?

Remember how bad Stern's Transformers and Kiss pro decals were? Awful!

2 weeks later
#3878 5 years ago
Quoted from shock_me:

Yeah they're a great insurance policy that I'm glad most companies are using on new games these days. Plus now that new games come with the leg bolts installed in the cabinet I can see how it could be confusing in the pic

Stern have now switched to plastic for obvious reasons.

3 weeks later
#4466 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

For those who may have been AWOL from this thread, let me fill you in...
I ordered a MBrLE on October 19, 2018, while at Expo, 3 minutes after my distributor opened up taking orders.
6 months roll by...
Bublehead is reduced to a quivering pile of batha poo-doo as he waits, somewhat impatiently, for delivery of his non-number matched LE.
To cope with his Macrophobic induced anxiety, he starts writing a comedic daily adventure of his waiting exploits...
This is what you have stumbled upon. This is the meat-stuff of a man, a simple, average pin-head, forced to wait on the Christmas gift he purchased for himself in 2018 and has yet to receive. It is pointless to complain on here, it falls on deaf ears. So I figure, lets fill the void with silliness and humor, because if I didn’t, I fear I would be reduced to sitting in a corner, thumb and blankie in mouth and hand, crying softly into the flanel.
This is just how I cope...

Ah, paragraphs - so much easier to read

1 week later
#4645 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

I found two distributors today with a machine... one could have it on truck today, the other a truck tomorrow.

Phone your distributor and ask for money back, or give them 7 days to source one of these other ones.

Amazing how effective people can be when they think they will lose a sale.

2 weeks later
#5108 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Ok, get MOR as fast as possible without scoring MB to get the 50M “Rock Before Bash” bonus, and make sure to get double and triple instruments before rocking. Then use Frank MB’s and Mosh Pits MB’s to complete instruments again, Then MOR again, then Bash, a couple more Frankie MB... Do I need to go on?

Stupid question but how can you start MOR, without having already starting MB?

#5235 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Mine does this as well, I think they all do actually, even OG MB’s, which is why that ramp has always been a hit it solid, or don’t even try. Once I got the wireform interface with the playfield straightened out, the ramp works like an original to me and my memory of playing them for 20 years... strong shots on target go right through like butter, but strong missed shots, rejected... weak on target shots get to the second transition and roll back, strong missed shots loose too much velocity due to rattling against the sides, but the shot that hits the stainless guide on tangent slides right around and hits the wireform perfectly goes right on up and through. That is how mine works now, and I’m not touching it.

I have HUO original MB.

A decent shot on the left ramp always completes ramp. Never ever missed.

Weak, missed shots roll halfway up and come back down.

Had right ramp issues but they are sorted now.

7.2 degrees pitch.

#5243 5 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

That sucks if true. I'll only say this, I would never consider purchasing a 8k plus pinball, without letting my wife know of my intention before pulling the trigger. That's with me earning 100% of the HH income for the last decade. Its just sort of a respect thing and I can see where she might be a little pissed. Now if she says no, we might have a discussion over my "rights" lol, but at least I didn't blindside her with an 8k toy showing up in the driveway.

Maybe sell a few games and take her on a luxury holiday?

2 weeks later
#5408 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

The music is great, classic 90's pinball. I don't see any update changing it ever coming?

Can you fit a pinsound board to a remake?

This mix is cool as it has the Monster Mash song, that really, the game was made for.

2 weeks later
#5544 4 years ago
Quoted from JFink8222:

From what I heard, yes, it was originally going to be called “Monster Mash” but the licensing for the song was over a million. Just a rumor but makes sense to me.

Shame they didn't get rights to Monster Mash song - just made for the game.

Can go pinsound if original.

5 months later
#6318 4 years ago

Ribbing or wood grain seems to be more and more common on new games these days.

Cheaper, softer wood?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 12.95
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

Machine - For Sale
Shepherdsville, KY
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Shapeshifter.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-remake-mbr-owners-club?tu=Shapeshifter and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.