(Topic ID: 222461)

Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)

By MrSanRamon

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,330 posts
  • 732 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 18 hours ago by Dashmonster
  • Topic is favorited by 277 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)”

• I'm in on a CE 77 votes
    9%
  • I'm in on a SE 172 votes
    21%
  • I'm in on a LE 396 votes
    48%
  • I'm out for now 182 votes
    22%

(827 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wire switch 2 (resized).jpg
R orbit switch (resized).jpg
IMG_4951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4943 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0464 (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
IMG_3190 (resized).jpeg
Wolfman (resized).jpg
IMG_2467 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4014 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231111_165525077 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20231112-165133 (resized).png
20231110_123120 (resized).jpg
20231105_122730 (resized).jpg
94B393B7-CB09-4AFB-A166-CF0EC7F7F9A0 (resized).jpeg
3D150F78-A1C1-4B31-A9FA-00031163D7C1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #4230 Potential fix for SDTM from scoop. Posted by Reznnate (5 years ago)

Post #5928 Frankenstein switch adjustment tips Posted by MGM2 (4 years ago)

Post #6026 Links to STDM Tweaks Posted by Oaken (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinfactory2000.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6208 4 years ago

Maybe I'm out of order for asking this but I'm in the market for a new (or HUO/Mint) MBR and was curious...

Are people having problems with theirs (dimples and communication with distributor??)...Scanned through the pages and seems maybe there are some issues?

Any recommendations for best place to purchase these days? Haven't bought NIB for a while

Thanks

#6212 4 years ago
Quoted from Jarson:

All my dimples seem to radiate from Franks feet. I just got a HUO RBION and it also has dimples, they have been around for quite a while (dimpling on playfield).

Interesting. Wonder if putting some mylar there would help...

1 week later
#6233 4 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

I just did this as I have some dimpling from franks feet, scoop eject, and drac feet. Lots of air balls in this game.. I used mylar from the arc in drac’s travel to a few inches from the top of the slings. Feel pretty good about it - time will tell.

Any chance you could post a pic of where you placed the mylar? I'm picking up a MB shortly and want to protect it before I play my first game on it. Thanks!!!

#6236 4 years ago

Apologies if anyone has already asked but is there a sub-woofer/external volume/headphone kit available from anywhere for MB? Thanks!

#6240 4 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

I cut a template out of some flimsy cardboard (think back of a notepad) and laid it over the mylar, traced it, and cut it out, and placed it on the playfield.

For the whole area you outlined in yellow?

#6244 4 years ago

Ok cool. So, I'm nervous to lay a big old sheet of mylar on there but its probably the right thing to do. Have you found its helped with dimpling?

Did you do anything to prep surface so that in the future if you want to remove it wont destroy the PF? Thanks again

#6262 4 years ago
Quoted from Blakester:

My NIB LE is arriving Tuesday—would appreciate the Cliffs notes version of any adjustments too

I got mine today! Not sure why someone downvoted your post lol. I’d love to see a
Cliff notes version. I noticed a couple of SDTM from the scoop which can probably be adjusted.

#6263 4 years ago

Curious. I got my LE today and getting things dialed in. Weird thing though. Game plays but the ‘coin door open’ screen keeps coming up. Wires are connected and the bottom switch works (turns green lights on backbox PCB when pressed) but neither register on the switch test.

#6266 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Switches wired right ? Flap on door keeping them closed or need adjusting ?.
LTG : )

Not sure how they should be wired? Thanks

#6283 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Different game, but similar in this picture.
Though I'd concentrate on the flap on the coin door holding the bottom switch in enough. It may need to be bent in a little. If you push the bottom one in and message goes away until you release it. Then the switch works and is wired right, then bend the flap.
LTG : )[quoted image]

Thanks. I’ll check today but I don’t think it’s a wiring issue.

It’s really weird. I can start and play a game even with the ‘coin door open’ Screen flashing. Once I hit start a game begins and it’s fine. Everything is normal after the game is over too.

Really really weird. Any ideas?

#6284 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Different game, but similar in this picture.
Though I'd concentrate on the flap on the coin door holding the bottom switch in enough. It may need to be bent in a little. If you push the bottom one in and message goes away until you release it. Then the switch works and is wired right, then bend the flap.

Looks wired up correctly...

2B90EE92-8BDF-4EA4-9C29-AF399750E178 (resized).jpeg2B90EE92-8BDF-4EA4-9C29-AF399750E178 (resized).jpeg57D7756A-0748-48D7-87F8-8C96CFF43293 (resized).jpeg57D7756A-0748-48D7-87F8-8C96CFF43293 (resized).jpeg
#6286 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Because the high power interlock is fully closed and working.
Memory protect is wired right.
I still suspect the metal flap on the door isn't pushing it in far enough to close it and erase the coin door open error. It is the lower of the two switches.
In your picture, the memory potect switch doesn't stick out as far as the high power interlock switch above it. See the red line I made.

If I manually push both of those in at the same time with my had the ‘coin door open’ screen should go away right?

#6288 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

You only need to push in the lower one to make it go away.

Doesn’t do anything when I push that in

#6294 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

In case the picture isn't clear enough. Single black wire and purple wire go to top switch, high power interlock switch. Double black wires and white wire with the brown stripe go to the lower switch, memory protect switch.

That was it! Thanks man!!!

#6334 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

That's the wood grain. Planking is the layers of plywood coming apart.

How would you see that? Isn’t plywood layered on top of each other? How would two of those layers coming apart manifest itself into perfections on the top layer? Not doubting you just curious.

#6337 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

If you had layers of plywood coming apart, you'd have all kinds of swelling, cracking, breaking, no longer flat, etc. etc.

Yeah but wouldn’t that look like bumps and not vertical lines running up and down the playfield?

#6339 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Maybe we are missing something here.
In the picture I responded to, I pointed out that what is in the picture is the grain of the wood. Not planking.

What I’m seeing (circled in pic below) sure looks like what I’ve always (perhaps erroneously) referred to as planking. Vertical grooves and unevenness running up and down the PF.

31E430BD-4148-4748-8879-822C90B7ED6E (resized).jpeg31E430BD-4148-4748-8879-822C90B7ED6E (resized).jpeg
#6350 4 years ago

So magnets. What do they do in MB and how often are they used? I am using the supplied balls but I’m not really seeing any magnet use?

There are magnets in MB...right? Lol

#6352 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

No. Not according to the solenoid/flasher table in the manual.

Lol. Well, I’m an idiot. I thought these were magnets. Seemed small for magnets.

F19A316C-7809-454A-AB56-A8DC6357849D (resized).jpegF19A316C-7809-454A-AB56-A8DC6357849D (resized).jpeg
#6359 4 years ago

What I asked is whether MB had magnets.

It doesn’t. I was wrong.

PM me with further confusion.

2 weeks later
#6411 4 years ago

Hey guys, I came across this site but am not sure...do they actually sell stuff or just list good ideas or what?

https://bandera6.wixsite.com/pinballmoding/monster-bash-page-1

#6420 4 years ago

Anyone know where to get the Dracula bat?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

12,125 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Paul, MN
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 12.95
$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.99
Playfield - Plastics
Pinhead mods

£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinfactory2000.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-remake-mbr-owners-club?tu=Pinfactory2000 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.