(Topic ID: 222461)

Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)

By MrSanRamon

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,332 posts
  • 732 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by KingMixer
  • Topic is favorited by 277 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)”

• I'm in on a CE 77 votes
    9%
  • I'm in on a SE 172 votes
    21%
  • I'm in on a LE 396 votes
    48%
  • I'm out for now 182 votes
    22%

(827 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wire switch 2 (resized).jpg
R orbit switch (resized).jpg
IMG_4951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4943 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0464 (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
IMG_3190 (resized).jpeg
Wolfman (resized).jpg
IMG_2467 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4014 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231111_165525077 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20231112-165133 (resized).png
20231110_123120 (resized).jpg
20231105_122730 (resized).jpg
94B393B7-CB09-4AFB-A166-CF0EC7F7F9A0 (resized).jpeg
3D150F78-A1C1-4B31-A9FA-00031163D7C1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #4230 Potential fix for SDTM from scoop. Posted by Reznnate (5 years ago)

Post #5928 Frankenstein switch adjustment tips Posted by MGM2 (4 years ago)

Post #6026 Links to STDM Tweaks Posted by Oaken (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Flynnyfalcon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#371 5 years ago

I’m down for an LE, can’t wait... sadly the shipping to Australia brings an extra month of waiting.

Our distributer here received 70 LE’s.

2 weeks later
#521 5 years ago
Quoted from Ed209:

Just got delivered!
[quoted image]

Post as many pics as you can

#538 5 years ago

Thanks for pulling yourself away from that beautiful machine so you can share your pics. Much appreciated.

1 week later
#728 5 years ago
Quoted from Bronty:

Interestingly it looks like my play field was originally intended for a LE? It’s got a sticker saying it’s 28/1000.
Also, thoughts on serial numbers? I think the first digit must mean it’s an SE no? Meaning I got SE #2 off the line, I think. (Considering they’ve only made 150 SEs so far, there’s no way 2001 machines came before it).
[quoted image][quoted image]

I don't think 28/1000 equates to being an LE (pretty sure their are 1250 LE's) . The playfields are probably produced in batch's of 1000. Playfields I'm sure are identical between all models..

2 weeks later
#1248 5 years ago

Pin stadiums are brilliant and add extra tricks that diy can’t offer, but they are definitely over priced. I have made a full RGB set, magnet equiped, wifi adapter and colour changing app for about $35 Australian dollars. Look brilliant.

1 week later
#1571 5 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

Just curious what reprocessing means here, did you remix or master the files or were they being too compressed?

I would have thought it was simply a bump in the files amplitude

1 week later
#1879 5 years ago

Does anyone have the Monster Bash bmp? particularly the monsters?

1 month later
#4044 5 years ago
Quoted from Pablouk:

Oohh the numbers are getting high (1190) the UK models cant be that far away?
Is there any CGC employees that can comment on the UK delivery timings?

I don’t think they’re being built sequentially. -1190 and 360(odd) unboxed within a few days?

I’m in Oz and still yet to hear anything solid. I believe 60 are coming here. Cant wait!!

2 weeks later
#4414 5 years ago
Quoted from ercvacation:

Anyone have any clue how many more Le's they have to make? Sick of waiting!

60 still are needed for Australia.

#4503 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

For those who may have been AWOL from this thread, let me fill you in...
I ordered a MBrLE on October 19, 2018, while at Expo, 3 minutes after my distributor opened up taking orders.
6 months roll by...
Bublehead is reduced to a quivering pile of batha poo-doo as he waits, somewhat impatiently, for delivery of his non-number matched LE.
To cope with his Macrophobic induced anxiety, he starts writing a comedic daily adventure of his waiting exploits...
This is what you have stumbled upon. This is the meat-stuff of a man, a simple, average pin-head, forced to wait on the Christmas gift he purchased for himself in 2018 and has yet to receive. It is pointless to complain on here, it falls on deaf ears. So I figure, lets fill the void with silliness and humor, because if I didn’t, I fear I would be reduced to sitting in a corner, thumb and blankie in mouth and hand, crying softly into the flanel.
This is just how I cope...

Count yourself lucky you’re not waiting an extra month for shipping to Australia. Like many others here, i put my deposit down day 1 also.

1 week later
#4817 5 years ago

For those in the US still waiting on their LE's, take it with a grain of salt but I would be expecting them in the next few weeks. Us Australians have been advised that ours will ship in approx 2 weeks. Sadly international 220-240v are at the end of the production queue so I can only assume the remaining 110v will be done shortly before or after this. Given a month of shipping on top, it's been a hell of a wait, but seemingly not much longer.

#4957 5 years ago

What a disappointing event. Really sorry

How does this shit happen, what a hit it must have taken.

Hope you receive a replacement asap.

1 month later
#5456 4 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

someone is awfully angry

Possibly some self appraisal.

3 weeks later
#5624 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballGalore:

you mean the white one right at the bottom? it's just a watch catalog

1 month later
#5771 4 years ago

I’d like to simply play mine ... still waiting.

2 weeks later
#5834 4 years ago
Quoted from psexton:

Newbie question here. How do you install the tilt bob in this game? The rod is not threaded like a jersey jack game and I do not see any part in my coin box that would keep the tilt bob from sliding down the rod.

Mine didn't come with a tilt bob or clip to secure it. Spoke to CGC and one is on the way... (apparently).

#5840 4 years ago

That is so freakin awesome seeing your little man help you unbox your MB. My young boy has played my MBRLE a few times but he's yet to fully appreciate all the goodness. Enjoy mate, that's super awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!! Super envious of your setup, looks f'n amazing!!!

#5851 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Installed PDI glass , man what a difference.. the colors pop more and it really does feel like there isn't a piece of glass in between.

I did the same. The difference between standard and anti reflective glass is massive.

#5857 4 years ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

Question on this PDI glass--can it be cleaned just with Windex? I ask because I'm considering some for my MBR. I'll be routing my machine (don't shoot me!) and they'll be cleaning the glass occasionally, so I just want to be sure it doesn't require the special cleaner sold by PDI.

I think they recommend Isopropyl.

1 week later
#5900 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Honestly for LE and premium prices HD glass should just be included.. but just my two cents.

Totally agree!!

#5908 4 years ago

Anyone had a problem with switch 84: Frank table up? Frank is refusing to lie down. I’ve tested the switch in diagnostics and it’s fine as is the switch next to it (83 or 85?). The frank motor seems to rotate smoothly.

#5934 4 years ago
Quoted from CUJO:

Will updating the FW to 1.03 wipe out the Grand Champion and other hi scores?

Just updated the firmware and no it doesn’t wipe the high scores.

Some nice extra features with better volume control, allowing lower volumes.

Further control over the shaker motor and so far I’m yet to get a SDTM from the scoop.

Easy update and definitely worth it.

#5935 4 years ago

I had a problem with switch 84 (Franks table) which was refusing to lay down. Turns out the physical switch boat position was impeding the motor spinning around, gave the switch body a push away from the motor and it now works perfectly.

#5973 4 years ago
Quoted from SkaterVet:

Installed the new software update.
The knocker is much better. It’s still not the same as a real knocker, but for me it is close enough.
I’m very happy with the ability to increase the shaker length and strength. I simply went with longer and left the strength alone. It is a huge improvement over the original settings.
After the update, I did need to reinstall my custom logo and reduce my flipper strength again, but those appear to be the only settings that did not carry forward.
Thanks for the update CGC.

Change to “Shaky”, much better

#5991 4 years ago
Quoted from gmagno:

I have the card ready to perform the update. Any insight on the random loss of high scores? There must be a logical reason. Waiting on feedback before potentially wiping my scores.

Can’t help you on the “potential” side, but at worst you lose them, but gain a better pin.

2 weeks later
#6075 4 years ago
Quoted from CHIEF1893:

Fellow Pinsiders,
Proud owner of MBrLE #106. Phenomenal game love it to death.
Only small issue is the speakers are creating a buzzing sound from middle of playfield area, well i believe thats where its coming from. Definitely not the speaker itself. And if course the dracula feet issue small things that can be adjusted.[quoted image]

I've noticed the same recently, let me know if you find a solution

1 week later
#6116 4 years ago

Has someone got a close up pic of the playfield showing a decent reflection on the clear coat? This is my first NIB so I have no reference point other than 30 year old B/W and a couple of restored games. But the playfield shows a very obvious texture to it which seems to transfer into the clearcoat. Almost like the wood texture (planking?) below. I have a, unpopulated CPR WW playfield and it's super smooth, whereas the MB isn't.

Running you finger left to right, you can feel texture, not so when running top to bottom.

I've added some pics, the close up showing the smooth inserts shows a good comparison. This “texture” is pretty consistent over the entire playfield.
3F03E6A2-162F-47EB-B0C9-E922F782B850 (resized).jpeg3F03E6A2-162F-47EB-B0C9-E922F782B850 (resized).jpeg78B28571-3B57-437B-BEF5-8207872582D5 (resized).jpeg78B28571-3B57-437B-BEF5-8207872582D5 (resized).jpegBAAFC519-19E6-4CE8-8ED5-EA11C1C0ACB7 (resized).jpegBAAFC519-19E6-4CE8-8ED5-EA11C1C0ACB7 (resized).jpeg

#6119 4 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Wow.... have you contacted CGC?

Should I?

#6123 4 years ago

As mentioned I haven’t thought anything of it until today when I took a close look some CPR and Mirco playfields

#6124 4 years ago

Can’t really see the clearcoat reflection from that angle Lounge

#6137 4 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

That is what is referred to as a “Ribbed Playfield” that sucks my friend.

And that’s a manufacturing issue and should be fixed? Just wondering where I stand.

#6140 4 years ago

LTG any thoughts?

Ticket submitted to CGC and email sent to local distributer. Discovered a local buyer of a MB remake had a similar issue, CGC replaced it with an entire populated playfield. Hoping for a similar solution.

#6145 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Your ticket wasn't alerted to anybody. I alerted it to Edwin. He's at CGC, he'll see it goes to who it needs to.
LTG : )

Thanks mate.

#6146 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Your ticket wasn't alerted to anybody. I alerted it to Edwin. He's at CGC, he'll see it goes to who it needs to.

Hey @ltg, I kinda ballsed up and accidentally closed my ticket . Is there any chance you can pass on the message to Edwin to reinstate it, or bump up my new ticket. 2-3 days of waiting for a reply for nothing

Old ticket was 4626, new ticket 4636

Big thanks!!

#6148 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

It didn't look like I could reopen the one you closed. Your new one is alerted to Ryan, and I put a note on there about the first one.
Thank you.

You’re a good man Thanks.

1 week later
#6169 4 years ago

I can't get the shooter to shoot straight and there seems to be very little, if any room for adjustment. The ball tends to bounce its way up the shooter lane, occasionally hitting the upper plastics falling back down the right orbit. Has anyone had this and what did you do?

#6171 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

You’ll need to realign the ball guide a bit where the ball comes off the shooter ramp, and double check that the curved wire form (the one that partially encircles the plastic with the Sphinx) is pounded in tight and not moving

I’ll give your suggestion a shot and let you know. Thanks

1 week later
#6224 4 years ago

Hey @ltg, any chance you can get someone to take a look at my case again #4696. It's been sitting in limbo for a couple of weeks now after they made an original offer of playfield replacement. I've messaged back a few times since with no response from CGC.

Thanks in advance if you can help.

#6232 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I put a private note on it for Ryan. That should bring it to his attention.
Thank you,
Lloyd

Thank you Lloyd, they've been great thus far, just gone a little quiet of late. Appreciate you helping out.

#6278 4 years ago

Getting quite annoyed with CGC.

I had a legitimate planking/ribbing problem with my MBRLE playfield, CGC while claiming the playfield is a natural product and issues are "unavoidable", admitted mine required replacement. I have seen multiple MBRE's and their playfield is as smooth as butter and look amazing, mine is textured over every square centimetre of the entire playfield. Quite a disappointment when comparing.

Speaking to another local MBRE owner, they had a similar problem and was sent a new populated playfield, making an easy swap. CGC offered me an unpopulated playfield which is fantastic, but when I put my the other local example forward (which was identical to mine), CGC went quiet. A month has now passed, numerous messages sent and even some gentle prodding from LTG hasn't helped. Am I expected to repopulate a brand new $14K AUD LE?

#6282 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Try another ticket, and on that one include the ticket number from the first one.

I did that a couple of weeks ago. Will try again. Thanks LTG

#6303 4 years ago
Quoted from mcfly:

This saddens me I hope you get this fixed

Appreciate the concern McFly. Yeah pretty annoying

I too had no idea Creature was meant to move, is that correct? Mine definitely stays still.

#6307 4 years ago
Quoted from mcfly:

Just pop the hood and the bracket he’s on will allow you to bend him away from the playfield easily. One thing you can fix in you case nice and easy. Good luck with the other stuff

I don’t recall whether the original MB Creature wiggled. Is it meant to? And if so, is it just the force of hitting the creature shot which creates the wiggle? Yep these fixes I enjoy

#6313 4 years ago

I just want to send a big shout out to Ryan @ CGC. Ryan personally called me this morning from the other side of the world to help put my mind at ease regarding some playfield issues. He was a perfect gentleman and gave me confidence that an appropriate resolution would occur.

You hear a lot of negativity out there in pinball land, just want to put forward my positive story.

#6315 4 years ago
Quoted from Ambro:

Good to hear you're being looked after. I've got minor planking compared to yours, I just thought it was a normal part of pinball - what do you think? (very hard to take a good shot but you get the idea - the reflections show it up but I can not feel it under finger).[quoted image]

I’m not sure what is normal these days when it comes to pinball playfields, but there is understandably going to be variances given it is a natural product. The other playfield I knew of which had issues, it turns out to be a bigger problem than mine and was dealt with differently.

Being a photographer by profession, I can understand your issues in trying to get a decent pic of the ribbing. lol My ribbing is quite obvious to the eye and can be clearly felt under finger, but yep I can see yours. Again, I don’t know how “normal” that is.

It wouldn’t have bothered me so much as it plays so bloody well, but seeing other MB’s mirror like playfield was quite upsetting.

#6332 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

People have been complaining about how dark their lower playfield is so we made some spotlights. Didn't want traditional spotlights as they seemed out of place so we made our own. It's a 3d printed bracket/cover with a piano key decal on top. We will have them on our website And pinside shop maybe later today or tomorrow for those interested. Runs off the game's 6v circuit.[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great, i had to take a second look as I thought you must have out the wrong images up. Looks very factory.

1 month later
#6450 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

So, I realized I didn't have the tilt bob on and now scratching my head how to attach it? It doesn't screw on, and has no hole for a screw pin to go into it, and there is no other vice like part in the bags. What am I missing here?

You should also have a small clip which you squeeze to allow you to insert over the tilt bob rod, then release to set the position.

#6468 4 years ago

My MBRLE playfield has a pretty strong wood grain covering the entire playfield. I’d suggest an inspection first if possible. Other than a few minor tweaks it’s very solid.

I have a JPLE which has a few minor issues also. JP is the newer pin to me so it’s coping a absolute pounding. MB just sits there looking pretty. Would be hard to choose between them.

#6483 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I saw the pics of your playfield. Have you sent pics to CGC about that? That seems pretty unacceptable to me. Me MET has some woodgrain showing like that but that seems excessive on your game.

Yeah I’ve worked out a deal with CGC and they’re looking after me.

#6490 4 years ago

Played a decent session with a couple of mates last night, and found the left flipper was noticeably weaker than the right. Unless you timed shots perfectly it would barely make the right ramp, whereas even miss hits on the right flipper would catapult the ball. I’m yet to open it up to take a look, just thought I’d ask the question.

#6492 4 years ago
Quoted from sgorsuch:

This should be an easy fix with out too much trouble. The flipper solenoid strength is adjustable in the CGC menu. Think you hold the green button for 5 seconds and you are in the menu- hit the green button 4 more times for flipper strength.Cheers

I did think of that as an option, but wouldn’t the lack of power suggest there’s a mechanical fault?

3 months later
#6797 4 years ago
Quoted from Nihonmasa:

Just realized CGC forgot to put a tilt bob in mine [quoted image]

Mine was missing the plump bob also.

4 months later
#7248 3 years ago

Is anyone aware whether, or how easily a CGC MB playfield will work in an OG MB?

#7250 3 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

For starters, CGC used LEDs but that’s not the first hurdle. The wiring is based on a different board set entirely so it most definitely would not be ‘plug-n-play.’

The CGC has the huge LED PCB on the underside, so I expect it wouldn’t share all mounting/screw in points.

Probably more clarification needed... I have a new CGC MB playfield which I’ll possibly just use as wall art, but if it was to be used, could it be be put in an OG? I’m assuming yes, with some modification.

#7254 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Bare playfield ? Yes. A lot of the dimples on the underside of the playfield you'd need for an original MB won't be there. You'd have to make your own.

Thanks LTG, yep bare playfield.

Given the enormous PCB on the CGC, I was expecting a decent portion of the dimples to be missing, but a good starting point.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.95
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Asheville, NC
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 210.00
£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Flynnyfalcon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-remake-mbr-owners-club?tu=Flynnyfalcon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.