(Topic ID: 222461)

Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)

By MrSanRamon

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,330 posts
  • 732 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 27 hours ago by Dashmonster
  • Topic is favorited by 277 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)”

• I'm in on a CE 77 votes
    9%
  • I'm in on a SE 172 votes
    21%
  • I'm in on a LE 396 votes
    48%
  • I'm out for now 182 votes
    22%

(827 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wire switch 2 (resized).jpg
R orbit switch (resized).jpg
IMG_4951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4943 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0464 (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
IMG_3190 (resized).jpeg
Wolfman (resized).jpg
IMG_2467 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4014 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231111_165525077 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20231112-165133 (resized).png
20231110_123120 (resized).jpg
20231105_122730 (resized).jpg
94B393B7-CB09-4AFB-A166-CF0EC7F7F9A0 (resized).jpeg
3D150F78-A1C1-4B31-A9FA-00031163D7C1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #4230 Potential fix for SDTM from scoop. Posted by Reznnate (5 years ago)

Post #5928 Frankenstein switch adjustment tips Posted by MGM2 (4 years ago)

Post #6026 Links to STDM Tweaks Posted by Oaken (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Flipper_Ripper.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7708 3 years ago

Anyone else have SDTM off of Dracula’s feet from the right orbit. I lift the machine on the right side a few turns more to see if it helps and still getting SDTM shots from that area. It’s frustrating as when you plunge it comes that way 90% of the time and goes SDTM about 70%. Makes the game very unplayable. I ended up taking the bob out and having to heavily tilt the machine but I don’t want to beat my machine constantly. There must be an easier fix. I took a look at Dracula and don’t know if there is any adjustments I can do to him. Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks!!

#7712 3 years ago

What do you guys use to clean the creature am glass portal? I used novus 1 and it seems to leave lines

#7728 3 years ago

Anyone know how difficult it is to replace the Dracula figure? It seems like two screws on his shoulders. Do I need to take the coffin out first or is there something I can do to get him out of the coffin to access those two screws?

#7730 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

You can probably go into test mode, bring him out and shut the machine off.

This is such a good idea!!

Are you sure when I turn it back on the machine won’t go wonky and not know what to do with Dracula? Or does it know to reset itself and tuck him back into the coffin?

#7734 3 years ago

Ok so this weird thing is happening but don’t know if it’s normal.

I set extra ball reward when you hit 45,000,000. And the machine shows that and for about 20 games that’s the case then it changes itself to 35,000,000 points now gets you an extra ball. I don’t really mind but why does the computer have a mind of its own? I also set ball save to 3 and it only give me 2 balls saves. Currently it hits dracs feet off the plunge and SDTM, so sometimes it doesn’t 2 quick drains and it does give you the last ball save. Something wrong?

#7739 3 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

I don't think you understand how the ball save works.
There are two settings for this A.2 - 01 and A.2 - 02.
The A.2 - 01 setting sets the number of ball saves. This is NOT how many times a single ball will be saved, but is how many of your balls per game can have a save. If this is set to 1, then only 1 ball (i.e. ball 1, ball 2, or ball 3) will ever be allowed to be saved.
The A.2 - 02 setting sets the time that a ball may be saved for (i.e. the minimum ball time). For example if this is set to 15 seconds, then the ball will be "saved" (over and over) until 15 seconds have passed. Even if A.2 - 01 is set to "1", you can have that ball saved several times.
Alternatively, even if A.2 - 01 is set to "5", and A.2 - 02 is set to only "3", you will likely not ever have a ball actually get saved, as it usually takes more than 3 seconds for a ball to be launched and then drain.
You probably just want to increase the setting of A.2 -02 to get a longer ball save time.
Note that this is all described in the manual under A.2 Feature Adjustments.
A Pdf of the manual can be found here : https://www.chicago-gaming.com/manuals/MB_Manual_Rev_1.pdf

Thank you so much! You are correct I don’t understand How ball save works. After reading your post and checking back with the manual I have a better understanding. Thanks so much! I only have one question. So I have it set at 2 currently and 15 seconds timer. How come I drain within 3 seconds and then drain again I don’t get that 2nd ball save? I’m going to change it to 5 ball saves until I can fix the Dracula feet SDTM. I really appreciate your response though. I’m new and learning.

#7752 3 years ago

Quick question. So original Williams Monster Bash had an issue with dracs feet causing SDTM. Williams offered a drag cut feet as a solution. So did CGC use original drac figure because I have a CGC and still hitting dracs feet ever so slightly sending it SDTM. Thinking of ordering pre-cut dracs feet and hope this solves it but wondering if CGC already addressed this and buying pre cut feet won’t help me.

#7755 3 years ago

Hi guys I have a question, I’m trying to figure out how to take the coil sleeve out of my plunger coil. Started to look at the manual and see two things. One it looks like my coil is install backwards according to the diagram and the other is my coil part number is different than the manual part number. Is this an issue? Plunger works fine. Also what’s the best way to remove the sleeve? I’m getting black dust in the shooter lane after ever 10-15 plunges and I think it’s a dirty sleeve.

AF4F5823-BCA7-4A12-BBA6-33A06C91054A (resized).jpegAF4F5823-BCA7-4A12-BBA6-33A06C91054A (resized).jpegC791ADB0-C56D-41E6-AB23-29B6FE399D91 (resized).jpegC791ADB0-C56D-41E6-AB23-29B6FE399D91 (resized).jpeg
#7757 3 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Take out the coil stop (#4 in diagram) by unloosening those two locknuts. The coil and plunger should be able to be removed after that, then the sleeve pulls free from the coil. But how many plays does this have on it? I have never seen a sleeve produce that much black dust except after A LOT of play.

According to the seller 400 games, but who knows.

#7758 3 years ago

Does anyone know if the coil is installed backwards? According to the diagram from Chicago gaming the two wires part is facing the front of the machine and on mine they are facing the back of the machine, and does it matter the part numbers don’t match?

#7766 3 years ago
Quoted from nerdygrrl:

I joined a couple of weeks ago. I picked up a very low use classic from a friend's bar. I am rather shocked by the amount of dimpling with under 1500 plays, aside from that no complaints. I still prefer the WPC, but for the price you can beat these.

Yah I just picked up an SE and also surprised by how many dimples, especially when everyone here raves about CGC playfields. Maybe they made a bad batch? I’m still having fun playing it, but boy oh boy is it ever dimpled and it only has 500ish plays

1 week later
#7820 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Yes.

Made to Williams specs, yes.
LTG : )

Hi LTG,

So I ordered a Drac with cut feet and to my surprised it’s the exact same drac that’s in my CGC SE. I also checked CGCs website and they have a pic of drac and it looks like his feet are cut there too.

It’s all good as I will have to shave his feet just a tad bit more and hopefully this solves my SDTM issues. Glad to have an extra drac to do this on, but thought I would share that it seems like CGC ships their games with the modified drac already.

#7822 3 years ago
Quoted from 2manyhobbies:

As LTG already said they are made the same. There is no difference outside CGC painting differently. I think some people here has cut or filed Darcs feet but personally see no need for this and is how the original game was. There are some cheap SDTM balls on this game, it is part of the game. I use to think I had the same problem between this and the scoop , but what ever app I first used to level the game must have been off by a hair, seemed when tried a different app, along with just using a small 6" level solved all my problems.

I understand what you’re saying. What I’m saying is my machine from factory came with filed feet. I thought it was odd when my cut feet version came in the mail today and it’s exactly like the drac on my machine. Then I checked CGCs website and the drac pictured on their site looks like his feet are filed as well.

Take a look and judge for yourself.

https://www.chicago-gaming.com/images/mb/mb-drac-coffin-lg.jpg

Also attached my original drac that came with the machine and the feet cut one that l received

65D70ACE-BEE0-4A40-BA14-F70A0AF5550A (resized).jpeg65D70ACE-BEE0-4A40-BA14-F70A0AF5550A (resized).jpeg
#7824 3 years ago

Awesome thanks for posting that. I’m assuming yours is a CGC? See the toes are filed just like the pictures I posted. I believe in the original MB, they were rounded tip.

Like this
https://www.ministryofpinball.com/media/catalog/product/cache/fa50db6c62857c2a2532af6a7ba7b7d3/m/b/mb_dracula.png

Drac (resized).pngDrac (resized).png
#7826 3 years ago
Quoted from 2manyhobbies:

Yes it is CGC. I definitely see the difference with that pick. Which version of Drac is supposed to be the best? And which machine do you have?

I have the CGC SE. so looks like CGC addresses the issue and shipped their games with the modified drac. We both have the feet filled one, which is suppose to help with SDTM issues. I have two dracs no, so I will modify one of them and shave just a tad bit more off, as it’s ever so slightly nicking the tip of his feet and sending it down SDTM. It’s frustrating for me because it’s two quick drains off the plunge a lot of times. I can have a monster first ball raking up tons of points and then my second ball is an instant two drains with ball save. Sucked enough and happened enough times for me to purchase a cut drac feet figure but then noticed it’s the same as the one CGC ships with their games.

4 weeks later
#7931 3 years ago

So my scoop goes limp once in a while sending the ball slowly straight down the middle. So frustration. First time I thought it was because of a long game. Today first time I turn on machine and first hit in the scoop it came out limp and SDTM.

So I see the latest update has a “fix”

I never updated a pin before, will this erase my scores?

Also is there a way to replace the battery without erasing scores??

#7939 3 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

Update will not erase scores. Leave power on when replacing batteries to keep settings and scores.

Thanks I’ll update this weekend and see if new update helps with SDTM scoop.

Also I’m a newb, is it okay to put battery in while machine is running? I thought when removing the back glass the machine should be powered off. I’m a total newbie so excuse my ignorance.

2 months later
#8042 2 years ago

I have read about scoop SDTM issues and how to fix them. I just updated to latest code, seemed okay and then it happened again and again. My question is, my scoop works fine like 80% of the time and then I can almost see it coming. The balls shoots out slower than normal and I know my next shot in the scoop will be very limp and trickle slowly down the middle. Sometimes there is no warning and it just happens randomly where it shoots out so slow and straight down the middle. Is that the issue that people are having? Going limp sometimes and just trickle SDTM or is it shooting full force SDTM. I never had it shooting full force straight down the middle. Is there anything I can do? It seems like the coil doesn’t have enough power sometimes and first time it ever happened I thought it was b/c of a long game. But a lot of times it can be turn on machine first time of the day and the 3 shot in the scoop it goes limp eject and SDTM. Any help or tips would be appreciated. Just want to know if this is also what’s happening with some ppl

5 months later
#8311 2 years ago

LTG is this a fix for the issue I’m having?

Basically the ball hits the flipper fine 90% of the time and sometimes the coil feels like it goes limp and just dribbles down the middle because it didn’t “fire” out. I put my VUK coil settings to max with new code too.

Is there anything else I could do or something I have to live with. I sometimes have a good indication when it’s going to happen, when the previous ball coming out of the VUK shows a lot less “umph” I know the next shot in the scoop will be a little dribble SDTM. I thought it was from long games and coil getting weaker but next ball the scoop has ultra power again. And sometimes this happens first ball first game on boot up.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!!

#8316 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I made a mistake. I read it as the flipper went limp when the ball hit it. I'm sorry for that.

I'll try again. Please check wiring to coil. Reseat it's connector nearby. Be sure the cone for it in the backbox is on tight. And check inside the scoop for any obstruction.

Checked wiring and while I was there I manually pushed the coil rod up and down and noticed a bit of friction once in a while so I replaced my coil sleeve. I noticed once I started up the machine again the thing was shooting balls extra fast! So I think it needed a new sleeve. Now sometimes while running my test I notice it shoots to the right flipper the odd time and also SDTM. Never had an issue with SDTM before unless it was one of those limp dribble ejects. So will have to tweak. Thanks LTG, do you think a sleeve would cause that limp eject? Old sleeve didn’t look too bad.

#8318 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Yes. I'd check the end of the plunger, see if it has a sharp edge or mushroomed. And the top of the coil stop, it it's not flat any more but cupped.

Thank you.

So the tip of the plunger is a bowl, sharp edge around the bowl. Is that normal or should the tip of the plunger be flat?

Is the coil stop the bracket with the two screws or the round piece at the end of the plunger?

#8324 2 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

Yes, the problem is that the power of the coil is not consistent. 95% of the time it will kick it nice and strong to the left flipper, but 5% of the time it "misfires" with a lame kick that usually goes SDTM (though sometimes I can save it with an aggressive slide).
I have the same problem with the auto-plunger. Most of the time it kicks out nicely into the lanes above the pop bumpers, but once in a while it barely gets it into the right-side wolfman lane.
Fortunately, I never have that sort of problem with the flippers - they are strong and consistent.

Go under the playfield and move the plunger manually. I find when I did that it would go up and down smoothly but sometimes bind. I think the bond ones would be my “weak” limp plunges. I happened to have new sleeves around and replaced my coil sleeve on Popper and that thing fired like a bat out of hell on first start up. I had to turn down the power on the VUK. Then it started to shoot to my right flipper but upon further inspection last night I saw the coil stop was loose so I retightened it snug and boom we are in business and The popper is now perfect!!! Guess I needed a new sleeve. If you don’t have a sleeve handy clean your old one. I also noticed my old sleeve didn’t have as much “meat” after the ridge as my new sleeve. Don’t know if that makes a difference or not. Good luck man.

1 month later
#8395 2 years ago
Quoted from bigballa81:

I know this might be a bit much to ask, but you think you could take a picture of the spring washer you put next to the coil stop on your machine? I’m not quite sure what to do and a pic might help.

If that doesn’t fix the problem, push the plunger on the coil manually a few times. If you feel some resistance replace coil sleeve. I had the SDTM issue however mine just limped out of the scoop down the middle once in a while. I was under the hood and just checked the coil and I found it had some resistance like almost like a bit of sand was in there. Replaced coil sleeve and never had an issue since.

#8401 2 years ago
Quoted from TheBeefSupreme:

This game is making me so mad. I have tried everything to fix this SDTM from this scoop and nothing is working. I have used the washer under the plate like LTG recommended, I have the spring washer to hold the coil steady, I adjusted the power, and I have tried any combination of those. I have also made sure everything is tight. It may get a great feed to the left flipper once or twice but then it’s going back down the middle again. The game is completely unplayable like this.
The coil sleeve doesn’t look messed up or dirty, but I’m wondering if something there needs to be replaced but nothing looks bad. The game only has about 200 total plays. The SDTM feeds are usually very weak which makes me think it’s possibly an issue with the coil?

Honestly man I was on the same boat and tried everything. The thing that worked for me was changing coil sleeves. Also make sure the coil is high on the bracket and tight. If it’s loose it can do some weird stuff. My coil sleeve looked decent but for 25 cents I put a new one in and never had SDTM issues again.

#8403 2 years ago

Thanks. You by any chance know what sleeve you got? The manual says 03-7067 but no number after. Looks like this is the only on on Marco that lists MB compatibility so I was leaning that way but wasn’t 100% sure. I was going to measure mine but for all I know it could be wrong and that’s what’s causing the problem haha.[quoted image]

I don’t have the manual or info around right now, but that looks like the one. The one I removed from my Monster Bash was missing quite a bit after the flange, but the one I put in looks just like the one you posted.

#8410 2 years ago

Ok sounds good. I’ll try it. Here was the manual page. Ha I got confused because there were different ones with the same starting numbers but then a varying digit at the end. Im sure I could just cut it down but I would much rather have the right size to start.
[quoted image]

I wouldn’t trim it. I didn’t trim and works flawless.

9 months later
#8672 1 year ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Played a few other games, would rather have those right now. Happens

How did you get the limited edition lockdown bar?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

Machine - For Sale
Shepherdsville, KY
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Greeley, CO
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 12.95
$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Flipper_Ripper.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-remake-mbr-owners-club?tu=Flipper_Ripper and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.