(Topic ID: 222461)

Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)

By MrSanRamon

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,603 posts
  • 673 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 days ago by pghpinfan
  • Topic is favorited by 265 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)”

• I'm in on a CE 69 votes
    9%
  • I'm in on a SE 165 votes
    21%
  • I'm in on a LE 381 votes
    48%
  • I'm out for now 177 votes
    22%

(792 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

44ED51D4-B0FF-4540-A5EE-2D4A57BB9445 (resized).jpeg
ec41e63318d4addb83dd440f30f160b4cf0c4747.gif
C7324F32-A361-48E8-821E-B19A10A360FA (resized).jpeg
89B38384-2727-43A8-9786-D135A3F3C567.jpeg
F1334381-E2CF-40D9-8494-71BA5641365F (resized).jpeg
16D931AC-E292-4955-B007-89B17BBF1AE5.jpeg
AA04B92C-F0B6-4881-9B1D-FF4B7F5F8D6D (resized).jpeg
c5b6793af0b00a7928dd8841d48eb7ee96d77d58 (resized).jpg
IMG_7010 (resized).jpg
IMG_7011 (resized).jpg
IMG_7014 (resized).jpg
68981900-4405-470D-A9EC-2F8935D1749D (resized).jpeg
dacbbab26e613f66b3d11d1f838c9a84afa36cc4 (resized).jpg
C7B0420A-BD16-401D-8D90-434E079F770E (resized).jpeg
FE77E2E0-467C-438F-BFBA-027F74D90B04 (resized).jpeg
03B313E8-E59C-42F4-A566-73AC0A4E16A6 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #4230 Potential fix for SDTM from scoop. Posted by Reznnate (3 years ago)

Post #5928 Frankenstein switch adjustment tips Posted by MGM2 (2 years ago)

Post #6026 Links to STDM Tweaks Posted by Oaken (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DazedandConfused.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7222 1 year ago

I recently picked up a MBr LE. Having a blast with it, but have a few kinks to work out. My son and I have noticed that the sinkhole ejects the ball straight down the drain about 30-40% of the time, a real bummer. Is this by intention? I would rather have 100% of the balls come out somewhere playable. Can anyone suggest a fix? I am wondering if I did not get the legs of the table even when I assembled it, so it may be draining to the right of how it was programmed.

Thanks to all of you who have written great posts on MB.

#7227 1 year ago

Thanks a lot. I decided to go with option #2, just putting a little built-up tape on the right underside of the scoop. Easy-peasy if it works.

#7228 1 year ago

Gameplay question from a MB newbie: Diabolical Directions include:
Monster Items: Shoot Mosh Pit to collect them. USE MONSTER ITEMS BY HITTING LAUNCH BUTTON DURING FEATURES FOR EASIER SCORING.
Does this mean you are supposed to pump the launch button while ball is in play? For example, during "It's Alive" multiball or Drac Attack?

#7242 1 year ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

I was going to try and type you some instructions, but it would take me all night!
Download the rules from here...
http://pinball.org/rules/monsterbash.txt
Read about the Monster Bombs, Scoop shots and how each monster mode works. It is easy to understand once you figure it out. It all revolves around collecting the bombs and using them during a monster mode by hitting the launch button if it is flashing during an active monster mode.

Thanks a lot. Next time you're in Transylvania, let me buy you a beer.

3 weeks later
#7306 1 year ago

I got a MBr LE a month ago. I am a pretty lame player, and it will take me hundreds of games to uncover all the action in this game. Not much else to do these days with Covid, so, that's okay. I got my first pin, WCS, about 3 years ago to introduce pinball to my son. It was great when he was 8, but now as a tweenager, MBr is a lot more fun (though, we wish it had the "buy-in" extra ball feature that WCS has).

Quite often, when phantom flip light is on (right side only), it doesn't engage my flipper and the ball rolls down the drain. The ball gets auto-saved, but is that draining issue supposed to happen at all? Any remedy?

2 weeks later
#7350 1 year ago

I am getting balls stuck in the left Ball and Chain ramp. This happens when the ball runs out of momentum part way up the ramp. Is there any easy fix for this suspended animation? Thanks.

MB ball stuck (resized).jpg
2 months later
#7652 1 year ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

A similar problem has been addressed multiple times here but I'm looking for specific information. When standing, how far does your frank move before the switch triggers, and how hard do you have to hit him? My frank torso has to move almost two inches to trigger, and seeing as the ball is hitting his FEET it seems like the ball has to slam into him hard to get his top half to move that much. See pics for "neutral" and "triggered" positions.
Also, why does Phantom Flip hate me so much? It started getting worse after game eighty or so and now hits "bride" or nothing.[quoted image][quoted image]

I kept having Phantom Flip lit but not activating the flipper when the ball rolled down the lower lane. When the ball drained, it saved the ball, but it also was a momentum killer. So, I just turned off Phantom Flip and have not missed it.

4 weeks later
#7699 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Congrats!! MB was my first NIB purchase also. Then bought Black Knight NIB, then a demo Stranger Things.
[quoted image]

Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Congrats!! MB was my first NIB purchase also. Then bought Black Knight NIB, then a demo Stranger Things.
[quoted image]

We have a MBr LE and planning to get a new pin this year. Have had brief play on Black Knight ("brief" describes most of my games), but my son likes BK a lot. Since you have both, would you mind saying what you like or don't like about BK vs MB? Which do you find yourself playing more. Thanks.

#7702 1 year ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

I have both. I'm selling BK SOR. BK is the first pin that I really stress out playing. The first day I had it home I thought "uh-oh...this feels unpleasant." Which sound ridiculous but it's true. I even switched to the alternate soundtrack because the original fast metal one just adds to my stress (and I love my Metallica pin). It's brutal. It often feels unfair as the main three shots in the middle will often drain.
MB never feels unfair - if it drains, I did it. BK is also waaay faster than MB, which is nice when it's not brutal.

Thanks and I think that sort of confirms my first impression, somehow it doesn't play quite as smooth as MB, but hard to put my finger on it. Well, there are so many pins out there to choose from. MB is my one keeper.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 100.00
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
North Mankato, MN
$ 599.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DazedandConfused.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!