(Topic ID: 222461)

Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)

By MrSanRamon

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 6,104 posts
  • 474 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by Only_Pinball
  • Topic is favorited by 189 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)”

• I'm in on a CE 38 votes
    6%
  • I'm in on a SE 99 votes
    17%
  • I'm in on a LE 297 votes
    50%
  • I'm out for now 158 votes
    27%

(592 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,046 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

ECFD018C-171D-4332-BAED-562D106B24BF (resized).jpeg
E895CFE9-8634-4D1E-ACF6-3F37449C1C2D (resized).jpeg
D0F45CA9-0928-4D51-BDF4-57E7B6EB0F0E (resized).jpeg
IMG_4096 (resized).JPG
IMG_4095 (resized).JPG
20190911_155129 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
DE89221C-E15B-4A84-BEAB-4458ECC4F96E (resized).jpeg
thumbnail-11 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail-10 (resized).jpeg
DSCF0010 (resized).JPG
DSCF0009 (resized).JPG
DSCF0008 (resized).JPG
DSCF0005 (resized).JPG
DSCF0002 (resized).JPG
2c129bb9a5f0814974722ee5cfd7a54e15195d33 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #4230 Potential fix for SDTM from scoop. Posted by Reznnate (6 months ago)

Post #5928 Frankenstein switch adjustment tips Posted by MGM2 (31 days ago)

Post #6026 Links to STDM Tweaks Posted by Oaken (18 days ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 3pinballs.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#436 10 months ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I totally understand that all distributors/manufacturers want your money ASAP (of course they do). I just can't get my head around paying for a game months, or multiple weeks before its actually being shipped. In the case of CGC they are clearly legit so you'll eventually get your product so theres very little risk. Out of curiosity when are distributors required to pay for games?

I believe all deposits to CGC from Distributors were due on Nov 9th

#505 10 months ago

Yes that would have been cool if the topper moved. The only Monster that they would have needed to have move is Frankenstein, moving his arms up and down would have been great. The other 2 could have stayed the same - not moving.

1 week later
#684 9 months ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

I saw photo before you deleted it. Not good at all! Ribbing all over the place.

are you talking about the pic on CGC facebook page? If so, it's still there. What ribbing are you talking about

#712 9 months ago

WOW absolutely gorgeous playfield ...thx for the pics.

#715 9 months ago

Just noticed 2 things.

1 - drain hole has a piece of mylar next to the Cliffy....great if they put that there CGC

2- Blue bumper on left side where the Creature is ....it's a big piece, not like the one's that Stern is using now.

Hat's off to CGC....and it's gorgeous

#786 9 months ago

Just 2 pictures....come on it's Saturday and we need something to view before football

1 week later
#1181 9 months ago
Quoted from Captain-Flint:

Man this is such a fun game... So happy this is my first NIB! Can't get away from it!

I've only played this game twice in my life. I'm a decent player but don't like deep games. I love WhiteWater as I can make it to the Wizard mode. With that said I'm really looking to get and play this game.

#1189 9 months ago

Just Received my MB and I think they field tested it too much......Saw this at a Coney Island Restaurant and the lighting is awful compared to the LE above. Plus, that hole is the worst I think I've ever seen on a MB.

IMG-2822 (resized).JPGIMG-2823 (resized).JPGIMG-2824 (resized).JPG
#1193 9 months ago

yes that's tape. Some people have said that this game needs lights, aka pinstadium. I think that all versions are bright, especially the LE with the Mirror Blades. I've seen AFM games that were dark and not fun to play until I played AFMRLE at Marvelous Marvin's and could't believe how great the lighting is.

So I have no worries that the MBRLE won't be bright!

#1195 9 months ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

I just don't see how this machine wouldn't have enough illumination... with or without the mirror blades. It's certainly a matter of preference... some people like that super bright look... it's not my cup of tea. Either way... I think this is pretty damned bright!

I'm in total agreement with you. Great video!

2 weeks later
#1702 8 months ago

I think the figurines look fine!

1 week later
#2121 8 months ago
Quoted from Aquapin:

Can anyone confirm if there is no insert on their flasher under the left metal ramp? Edges look clean, so I suspect it is correct. This is a CE. [quoted image]

don't know but it actually looks like one should be there otherwise it would collect dirt and if the ball travels through there than it will get stuck

#2216 8 months ago
Quoted from bigdog50:

My recommendation is leave the hole alone -- it has a metal protector that's doing its job on mine. After 200 games it has a few dents but the wood is protected -- its doing its job. I think too many go overboard on "belt and suspender" approach to protection. "get a mantis and a cliffy and then have someone weld titanium over everything". Its friggin pinball -- its a steel ball flying in the air and rolling over wood -- it leaves dents (oh my God -- DIMPLES!!) and shit wears down. So what if the metal protector gets a few dents. At least its keeping the wood from looking like this-------[quoted image]

Hey I took that pic at the National Coney Island in Royal Oak Michigan at 12 mile and Rochester Road.

Totally agree, if the protector gets dents it's a lot better than looking like this!

#2469 8 months ago

I don't care when mine is ready....I want it to be right, which it will be ...knock on wood.

I'm hoping the snow is gone for when mine is ready

#2517 7 months ago

I've only played MB 4 times in my life and I've played a lot of pinball machines.

I'm really looking forward to getting this game for my daughter.

On a side note I never like AFM, as the ones I always played were always dark, dirty and didn't play like a game should. Fast forward, Marvelous Marvin's Mechanical Museum....I played the remake there and it was bright, fast, and a blast too play...Hopefully will have one in my collection one day.

1 week later
#2937 7 months ago

I put down a deposit back in November and I don't care if i get my game in March, April or May as long as it's stellar when it arrives.....plus I wouldn't have to deal with the Snow!

#2952 7 months ago
Quoted from playernumber4:

OMG, all these complaints about putting their money out and not receiving the instant gratification of a game on their driveway are hilarious. You are all apparently newbies to the hobby and unaware of the recent history of pinball.
When Wayno announced he was going to produce a remake of MM we waited over two years with him sitting on our money and he never produced the game. He finally sold out to PP and they produced it after almost another two years. Some people never demanded a return of their money and got the game from PP for the original price of $5500 or something in that range after nearly 4 years of waiting.
And then many of us gave Jersey Jack $6500 in advance to get our original WOZLE games. I think there were some steps of getting to the full amount, but regardless we had a bunch of cash out there for 2 1/2 years. We basically fronted him the money to start his company and he promised those of us who were so loyal that we would get discounts on future games. Well, the discounts never happened.
So quit whining that a legitimate and established company is a month behind in getting your game to you so that they can take care of quality control issues. Be glad you are not getting a game with no code, cabinets that are actually falling apart and chunks of clearcoat the size of a quarter peeling off your playfield. If you can't handle this you should really get out of the hobby or just keep buying nice used games to freshen up your collection. You would lose less money doing that anyway.

well said Glenn!

#3184 7 months ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

No, I have not cancelled or sent one back, I am just asking for some communication... what is missing on these complaints and issues is any response from CGC. But they may be waiting for a resolution before saying anything publicly, who knows?

why don't you just pick up the phone and call them!

1 week later
#3495 7 months ago
Quoted from 6T9Judge:

Just picked these up from PinBoss 3D caps. They match the apron and theme of the game perfectly!! Every MB should have them.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I have to say I'm not too much into modding, but these really pop and great accent to Apron!

#3555 7 months ago

Problem with selling his topper if he ends up selling his game in the future, who's going to want to buy an LE without the Topper!

#3638 7 months ago
Quoted from sgorsuch:

The SE arrived safe and sound through UPS freight. Plays fast and smooth right out of the box. No issues with Drac's feet or Bride's head. I made no adjustments at all yet, but may dial back the power on the flippers, as I have seen most recommend it. The non-matching LEs are probably right around the corner, but I had sold of a couple games to make this purchase, so I was anxious to get this game. No "regerts" about asking Melissa to make the switch to the SE. A very happy customer here.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I don’t like the cut job for the decal on the left side other side looks great

2 weeks later
#4128 6 months ago
Quoted from cheshirefilms:

7.2 on mine for the win. Go no lower than 7. A few may disagree but this is a game that can take bash airballs so I'd say 7 minimum to keep that down a bit.
As for left ramp- play better. Lol
Right orbit should return to flipper but given it's coming from the pop bumper lottery there's no total guarantee.

does the game come with a bubble level on shooter lane?

CAn't wait to get mine, and don't care if it's another month as most of the snow with be gone.

#4137 6 months ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Its the same as AFM with regard to Total Annihilation and Rule the Universe. I agree though, today those two modes would be distinctively different, but in the 90s, scoring was much more important than it is today. Today, with games in the home, its more about the journey since they are more often than not played by a single player. I'm not a great player and seldom (if ever) see the wizard modes on most games anyway. I put AFM and MB up there with the most fun games I've owned. Certainly in my top 10 and probably top 5.

I Owned a MM, but never a AFM, which one of these 2 did you like better as I might get AFM down the line after I get MB

#4210 6 months ago

Good to hear. I have it on all my other games and its amazing what it does for the colors. Taking pictures of the playfield with the glass on is no problem at all. Fortunately I have one extra sheet I keep around. I put it on my new games, and when I sell a game the buyer gets the original glass with the sticker on it. I am really anxious now to get my game and see it with the invisiglass on it.

seems to me you stiffed my on the invisiglass for the HUO Spiderman I bought from you!

#4235 6 months ago

You got brand new, unused glass with the sticker on it. Heck...that sticker alone probably cost me $30 from Stern when they put it on!!! And you have the nerve to complain

I knew I would get a response from you LOL

1 week later
1 week later
#4731 5 months ago

So I just left my friends place in snowmass and she has a mmrle from 3 years back and noticed the decal wrap .... it’s perfect.....only has 190 plays on it and very very little dimpling
I would rather have the wrap on my mbrle coming out w a slight crack or not than compared to them cutting the decals right now

#4737 5 months ago

Don’t worry about the dimpling. As I mentioned earlier my friends medieval looked gorgeous after 190 plays very very little dimpling.... you had to really look for it now take my Ghostbusters premium and we noticed it after 30 please big time

#4841 5 months ago

At least you have a game to dimple lol.....JJP and cgc dont dimple as severely as sterns. It’s all good and the average player won’t notice them

As far as delays..... who cares as long as they get it right which they will

Wouldn’t you rather wait then have to do something like send back your playfield or something of that sort

2 weeks later
#5227 5 months ago

My wife would kick me out if I sold any more games. Sold NGG and MM and still reminded of it.

#5228 5 months ago

So Sorry that is a total bummer

#5238 5 months ago
Quoted from CKrueger:

On my left ramp, the right-most metal guide (not the wireform, the solid "sheet") was angled from left-to-right as it comes up from the playfield. It had the effect of making strong shots hit the full-habitrail portion of the ramp and bouncing back.
I fixed this by bending the top of the metal guide to the left somewhat. It's now vertical, and I haven't seen a reject on a strong shot yet.
This problem also caused the ball once to jump onto the TOP of the habitrail and ride it down! "Damnest thing I ever did see!"

so is that a factory installation mishap or a flaw design?

#5292 5 months ago

would have went with the SE, but My daughters 1st game and thought it would be cool. Was going to give as Xmas Gift, but now a Graduation gift if it's here by May 27th.

If it doesn't arrive then, then It's going to be a Farewell, Going Away, Graduation Gift as she got a job in Boston - LOL.

3 months later
#5951 30 days ago
Quoted from MMP:

Monster Bash has "something" to it that my kids 8 and 10 both love to play pinball suddenly. They'll now even play my other games while they wait for MB to free up

That's great to hear...my daughter hates pinball..the only game she liked was WH20, but I've had a MBLE on order for her and hope when she gets it she'll play it and not hate it!

#5953 30 days ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Upgraded the code this morning, improvements are significant for sound and the shaker. Shaker now more active, including in the pops, and the game now sounds more like AFMr. It wiped out my custom logo unfortunately, but not my scores or other settings.

was the sound not that good initially? what sound enhancements did you notice? thx

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5,999.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop
$ 154.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 3pinballs.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside