(Topic ID: 222461)

Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)

By MrSanRamon

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,332 posts
  • 732 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by KingMixer
  • Topic is favorited by 277 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)”

• I'm in on a CE 77 votes
    9%
  • I'm in on a SE 172 votes
    21%
  • I'm in on a LE 396 votes
    48%
  • I'm out for now 182 votes
    22%

(827 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wire switch 2 (resized).jpg
R orbit switch (resized).jpg
IMG_4951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4943 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0464 (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
IMG_3190 (resized).jpeg
Wolfman (resized).jpg
IMG_2467 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4014 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231111_165525077 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20231112-165133 (resized).png
20231110_123120 (resized).jpg
20231105_122730 (resized).jpg
94B393B7-CB09-4AFB-A166-CF0EC7F7F9A0 (resized).jpeg
3D150F78-A1C1-4B31-A9FA-00031163D7C1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 9,332 posts in this topic. You are on page 98 of 187.
#4851 5 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Quoted from JOESCHALL:Has anyone else discovered the flipper-activated easter egg in the MBR code to reveal the new ruleset that goes way beyond the original? The bummer is that it only works on LEs, and it's only relevant one day a year. It was very clever of CGC to program in this "April Fool's Madness." To those lucky LE owners and easter egg adventurers, enjoy!
Any videos posted of it?

Forgive me goronic and indypinhead, but this post was my version of an April Fool's joke--perhaps too subtle. So I'll end it before it goes any further. Please chalk it up to my being poisoned by all the rumors on pinside about this machine and to my anxiousness to get my LE, which still has not arrived. Sorry!

#4852 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

TL;DR but check my math please.
Understandings have been sorted out, but the actual LE delay due to pf screening issues is far from sorted out. It’s April and the LE drought continues... and here is my rub, even if they get it ironed out, ~800 LE’s divided by 65 machines/week is still 3 months to finish all machines, it’s April, so late orders won’t be filled until June. This is assuming they can actually get to 65 machines a week average production. So if we do simple math they may have delivered 450 LE’s so far in 5 months, and that is about 23 machines a week. That puts 800/23 which is ~8.5 months. So if nothing happens, last orders will be delivered by Christmas 2019. Ryan has told me personally their fallout on LE playfields is 40%. So 23 LE’s a week is their production rate with access to 60% good playfields. This means at 100% acceptance rate of production LE pf’s, they can only produce ~40 machines a week? These are all numbers made available to me by CGC and I am only assuming they have delivered 450 machines out of 1250. If that number is lower, it’s even worse than I calculated. Any higher than 450 and I would have expected my machine delivered already because I was in the top 20% of my distributors allotment, and 450 out of 1250 is 38% delivery ratio, meaning my game should have been here.
What all this actually means is not only are they behind, but they are WAY behind, and according to my calculations, there is no way they are going to magically start shipping boat loads of them to “catch up”. If they double thier current delivery rate, they might get done by August.
I will gladly listen to anyone who can tell me anything different.

Sure - I was not talking about CGC figuring out their own issues. I think the delay is due to Alien right? Right? ; )

#4853 5 years ago

Wow....that playfield looks pretty bad for 12 games played. Thanks for the information and pics. I will spend some time looking for issues like that before playing it when mine arrives and getting a good couple layers of the old time wax on it. I always clean new balls with laquer thinner before I play them. There is quite a bit of oil on the balls when they are new.

#4854 5 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

This is the first time I've heard about this.
Details???

I have a feeling this was a april fools joke.

#4855 5 years ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

Forgive me goronic and indypinhead, but this post was my version of an April Fool's joke--perhaps too subtle. So I'll end it before it goes any further. Please chalk it up to my being poisoned by all the rumors on pinside about this machine and to my anxiousness to get my LE, which still has not arrived. Sorry!

This is no joke we did it on my friends SE model and it does work. I haven't tried it yet on my LE model. It does work.

#4856 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Sure - I was not talking about CGC figuring out their own issues. I think the delay is due to Alien right? Right? ; )

I heard it was due to the last two guys on the planet that can screen playfields had been worked so hard they had worn their fingers to bloody nubs hand squeegeeing 17 screens and 11 spot colors 50 hours a week making 40 to 50 playfields a day of which 40% are rejected. Or so goes the legend that I am being told. But that reject rate may be an overall reject rate for all levels, not just LE grade playfields. If this is anywhere near reality that puts total machine production rate at 27 machines a day, and who knows what the mix of CE/SE/LE ratio is. These are all numbers given to me by CGC, and the 40 to 50 pf’s a day is the number I question.

#4857 5 years ago
Quoted from fxdwg:

I have purchased 4 pinball machines (non stern) from Joe, as well as a Galaga/Ms.Pac, I have never had a single issue when dealing with Joe. He has also responded to emails every time I have contacted him re: anything, from checking in on the status of a sale re: shipping/delivery times, any dealings with bank transactions, and believe it or not, emails to just shoot the sh*t.
Once I emailed him not realizing he was in the middle of a pinball show, and he still responded promptly.
I would not hesitate a nanosecond to do business with Joe again.
Just wanted to share my experience.
Good Luck.

Same here. The only reason I wouldn't do business with Joe again is that there is a dealer closer to me, so if I wanted to pick the game up myself and save on shipping costs I'd go through them instead.

#4858 5 years ago
Quoted from pin-moose:

After a dozen games...
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Yikes! As much as I hate to see dimpling on a PF I understand that they are inevitable, but what the heck are these circled in red? They can't be cracks in the clear or paint? Although they don't show up in your first picture...

MBPF1_LI (resized).jpgMBPF1_LI (resized).jpgMBPF2_LI (resized).jpgMBPF2_LI (resized).jpg
#4859 5 years ago
Quoted from PAPinballer:

Yikes! As much as I hate to see dimpling on a PF I understand that they are inevitable, but what the heck are these circled in red? They can't be cracks in the clear or paint? Although they don't show up in your first picture...
[quoted image][quoted image]

those do tend to worry me the most - as dimples will even out - but smearing the PF is odd to me.

#4860 5 years ago
Quoted from Moeman65:

This is no joke we did it on my friends SE model and it does work. I haven't tried it yet on my LE model. It does work.

His original post is an Aprils fools joke, and better than I originally thought as people are taking it seriously. There is an Easter egg for Lyman's Lament, but I don't believe this is what JOESCHALL was referring too as it has been mentioned numerous times before.

#4861 5 years ago

My MBrLE was delivered today.

#4862 5 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

This is the first time I've heard about this.
Details???

Uh, check out the date, my friend

#4863 5 years ago
Quoted from PAPinballer:

My Mmrle doesnt Look even close like that, did they change the Wood or clearcoat ?

#4864 5 years ago
Quoted from Monk:

Quoted from Moeman65:This is no joke we did it on my friends SE model and it does work. I haven't tried it yet on my LE model. It does work.

His original post is an Aprils fools joke, and better than I originally thought as people are taking it seriously. There is an Easter egg for Lyman's Lament, but I don't believe this is what JOESCHALL was referring too as it has been mentioned numerous times before.

Indeed, it was an April Fool's joke--apparently too subtle. I never even thought of Lyman's Lament, which was in the original.

#4865 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Ok, let me qualify that statement, I got confirmation of intent to ship by my distributor... The original was an April fools joke, but then my phone went off... what are the chances?!?

#4866 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Ok, let me qualify that statement, I got confirmation of intent to ship by my distributor... The original was an April fools joke, but then my phone went off... what are the chances?!?

Are you sure it ISN'T an April Fools joke?! Can't be, that's too cruel ....

#4867 5 years ago

We interupt this broadcast to bring you a special bulletin... Joe at PinballSTAR just texted me and my game ships tomorrow... We now return you to your regularly scheduled program, already in progress.

#4868 5 years ago

Yay for Bublehead. The fact that yours is shipping means that at least one machine has rolled off the assembly line again!

#4869 5 years ago

Actually it means two, the president of my pinball league is getting one shipped at the same time.

#4870 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

The original was an April fools joke, but then my phone went off... what are the chances?!?

Too funny. You got yourself. Best April Fools joke today.

Congratulations on your game, you've waited long enough.

LTG : )

#4871 5 years ago

Mine is shipping this week as well! F Yes!!

#4872 5 years ago

Is it normal for this game to have left ramp shots that don't make it all the way up the ramp to then roll back and drain out the right outlane every single time?

#4873 5 years ago

1 - I know there have been a lot of posts/suggestions around the STDM shots out of the scoop - Was there a general consensus on what seems to work? I've seen a variety of suggestions from adding a washer to the solenoid, putting some duct tape in the scoop, changing power settings, etc. I'm still having the issue, but before I decided to try something, I was hoping to hear what seems to work most consistently allowing it to fire it to the left flipper as it should.

2 - Same question regarding STDM rolls from the upper playfield that are hitting dracs feet on the way down. Seems to be happening a fair amount on my game. Just hoping to get an updated solution from those that have fixed this as well?

Otherwise I love my game - I have an LE and after a hundred or so games, I'm seeing some dimpling, but frankly (pun intended), it doesn't bother me. Sure it was a lot of money to spend, but I bought the game to play it and expect it to show some battle scars over time. I think the quality of this game is OUTSTANDING, and despite the long delay, I'd buy another game from them.

PS - The game even looks cool when it's turned off in my game room that has black lights

20190328_010039 (resized).jpg20190328_010039 (resized).jpg
#4874 5 years ago
Quoted from Tradesman:

Is it normal for this game to have left ramp shots that don't make it all the way up the ramp to then roll back and drain out the right outlane every single time?

Yeah. Sucks doesn’t it?, so do failed right ramps coming back SDTM, or failed Frank shots heading for STDM or catch the back of a phantom flip target and head toward right outlane, or failed left ramps coming SDTM or just catching the sling and then SDTM... or... all the shots in MB are risky. Not a single one is a gaurantee except the scoop, but hard in and outs do dumb things too. The orbits are safer, but not off Drac’s feet. Reason I love MB... hit it or shit it. There is no try.

#4875 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

We interupt this broadcast to bring you a special bulletin... Joe at PinballSTAR just texted me and my game ships tomorrow... We now return you to your regularly scheduled program, already in progress.

Maybe that means mine is on its way as well?? I only deposited in December.....

#4876 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Yeah. Sucks doesn’t it?, so do failed right ramps coming back SDTM, or failed Frank shots heading for STDM or catch the back of a phantom flip target and head toward right outlane, or failed left ramps coming SDTM or just catching the sling and then SDTM... or... all the shots in MB are risky. Not a single one is a gaurantee except the scoop, but hard in and outs do dumb things too. The orbits are safer, but not off Drac’s feet. Reason I love MB... hit it or shit it. There is no try.

Try getting your game level, then raising both right legs a few turns, then raise the front right a few turns more. No more drac soccer.

#4877 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Try getting your game level, then raising both right legs a few turns, then raise the front right a few turns more. No more drac soccer.

That seems like it would be way out of level. With this setup, if the ball is rolling straight up the playfield does it come straight down on the same path? Seems like it would roll to the left.

#4878 5 years ago

That will be funny when Bublehead gets a text tomorrow stating it was an April fools joke and he is back to waiting. I miss his laments!

#4879 5 years ago
Quoted from Higloss67:

I miss his laments!

You maybe one of the only ones who will...

#4880 5 years ago
Quoted from PAPinballer:

No doubt I was prepared to see the PF dimple on this game, MB seems to be prone to more airballs than a lot of pins. Almost any solid shot to Franks boots goes airborne. I am of the opinion that a reduction of flipper strength is a must on this game, and my setting of -3 did improve the situation somewhat. What I did find most notable regarding the dimples was the severity as compared to other games in my experience. Specifically the depth, sharpness, and what appears to be an actual fracturing of the clear or wear layer. I am thinking that the problem I am having may be somewhat isolated to a few games that are out there as I have not seen a lot of posts concerning anything other than normal dimpling.

#4881 5 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

My Mmrle doesnt Look even close like that, did they change the Wood or clearcoat ?

Maybe wood or CC, wish I knew. The bigger concern for me than dimpling was the scarring of the pinballs. You are able to feel the nicks with your fingernail and I would expect this would become a more common occurrence on this game due to the design of the scoop.

#4882 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Thank God! (edited)
Hope you enjoy it. It is an awesome machine as all have discovered. Those with dimples and balls with nicks should put the machine back in the box and put it on your shelf with the Star Wars toys you wouldn't play with as a kid because Luke's arm got loose.
ALL - Play your machine. Enjoy it. It will have some parts wear out and balls will need changing and switches may not work perfectly over time and it will get dimples and OMG sometimes people leave fingerprints on the glass and by the flipper buttons and I once had a bulb burn out. Approaching 40 years of pinball ownership including many NIB and many warm turds that I restored and I am amazed by the amount of whining by this community

#4883 5 years ago
Quoted from Tradesman:

Mine did that till I increased the pf angle.

#4884 5 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

Mine did that till I increased the pf angle.

At what angle did you set your playfield and the flipper strength settings?

#4885 5 years ago
Quoted from pin-moose:

Maybe wood or CC, wish I knew. The bigger concern for me than dimpling was the scarring of the pinballs. You are able to feel the nicks with your fingernail and I would expect this would become a more common occurrence on this game due to the design of the scoop.

Metal hitting metal - metal hitting wood. Dings, scratches, dimples, fingerprints, dust, cooties - it's gonna happen. Either replace the damn balls and play the game or cut the cord off and just look at the pretty art. Downvote away, but I'm with gambit3113 on this....... *sigh*

#4886 5 years ago
Quoted from Monk:

That seems like it would be way out of level. With this setup, if the ball is rolling straight up the playfield does it come straight down on the same path? Seems like it would roll to the left.

If it’s noticeable, you did it too much. Also, it’s direct from an old ops guide I have somewhere

#4887 5 years ago
Quoted from bigdog50:

Thank God! Now STFU
Hope you enjoy it. It is an awesome machine as all have discovered. Those with dimples and balls with nicks should put the machine back in the box and put it on your shelf with the Star Wars toys you wouldn't play with as a kid because Luke's arm got loose.
ALL - Play your machine. Enjoy it. It will have some parts wear out and balls will need changing and switches may not work perfectly over time and it will get dimples and OMG sometimes people leave fingerprints on the glass and by the flipper buttons and I once had a bulb burn out. Approaching 40 years of pinball ownership including many NIB and many warm turds that I restored and I am amazed by the amount of whining by this community

I do not believe its whining its just a casual concern and discussion about how to keep your balls in decent shape and not tear up a brand new playfield. As most have said dimples are inevitable, but burrs and other sharp edges are more of a QC issue that should have been addressed at manufacture. Like I tell my apprentice machinists "the job isn't done until it's deburred" I had the same issue as some of the other posts here and it was a quick fix with a small file and some emery to smooth things out. I guess the point is when you pay 8K for an LE most people expect a certain level of finish, nothing more nothing less. I think that CGC may just be like all the other manufacturers in that with the push to get product out some things slip past that should have been caught.

#4888 5 years ago
Quoted from BryanBPH:

1 - I know there have been a lot of posts/suggestions around the STDM shots out of the scoop - Was there a general consensus on what seems to work?

2 - Same question regarding STDM rolls from the upper playfield that are hitting dracs feet on the way down.
[quoted image]

1- my scoop STDM is going on 2 1/2 months and still not fixed. Guess Bublehead will get his MBr before my scoop is working!

2- I bent the ball guide out slightly and now even slow orbits miss Drac's feet. I first tried raising the right levelers, perhaps too much, but noticed it affected the ball path coming down the playfield.

#4889 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballCoug:

1- my scoop STDM is going on 2 1/2 months and still not fixed. Guess Bublehead will get his MBr before my scoop is working!
2- I bent the ball guide out slightly and now even slow orbits miss Drac's feet. I first tried raising the right levelers, perhaps too much, but noticed it affected the ball path coming down the playfield.

As far as number 1: I don’t like fixing things with duct tape and I hesitated doing it, but I placed small strips of duct tape just off center in the scoop and it works about 95% of the time. I looked at adding the the washer at the coil/coil but I didn’t know exactly where it went. I also was afraid of the washer coming in contact with the 2 wires attached to the coil and shorting something out.

#4890 5 years ago

Was having just a few too many sdtm shots Frome the scoop so added a piece of 1/4" foam to the inside right of the scoop. Shoots to the left flipper every time now.

Also added a couple of drops of dry lube to the woman's metal post (her name escapes me) and it's now a lot more active.

IMG_20190401_195836 (resized).jpgIMG_20190401_195836 (resized).jpg
#4891 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballCoug:

Also there is a little bit of play in the scoop - a tiny move makes a huge difference. Have you tried looking at that?

#4892 5 years ago
Quoted from Moeman65:

At what angle did you set your playfield and the flipper strength settings?

The flippers are at the factory settings. The bubble is just about touching the middle line. I do not know the angle.

#4893 5 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

The flippers are at the factory settings. The bubble is just about touching the middle line. I do not know the angle.

Download a level app like “Bubble Level” to your phone. It works pretty good to level your machine and set the pitch to whatever angle you want. (Within reason, of course)

#4894 5 years ago

Pin guy app best app!

#4895 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Also there is a little bit of play in the scoop - a tiny move makes a huge difference. Have you tried looking at that?

Yep, tried that second after playing with coil strength first. There was very little play on mine and I couldn't notice any difference after the adjustment.

#4896 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballCoug:

Yep, tried that second after playing with coil strength first. There was very little play on mine and I couldn't notice any difference after the adjustment.

Weird. I wonder if the CGC ones attempted to “fix” the scoop by making the holes more tight. There’s always the Mantis super-reinforced one, which does allow adjustment

#4897 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Weird. I wonder if the CGC ones attempted to “fix” the scoop by making the holes more tight. There’s always the Mantis super-reinforced one, which does allow adjustment

Yes, but you’d lose the scoop LEDs if you went to the mantis. I think an idea is to enlarge the scoop mounting holes to give it more torsion adjustability.

#4898 5 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

Yes, but you’d lose the scoop LEDs if you went to the mantis. I think an idea is to enlarge the scoop mounting holes to give it more torsion adjustability.

I guess so, but that’s like a $4 fix to replace them

#4899 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I guess so, but that’s like a $4 fix to replace them

Yeah, and defeating the SDTM would be more important to me than the light. My game is behaving now, but I get the frustration factor for anyone with cheap scoop drains.

#4900 5 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

I think an idea is to enlarge the scoop mounting holes to give it more torsion adjustability.

That's been on my list to try, but waiting for CGCs solution first. My problem is that I'm not only getting misaligned scoop ejects SDTM, but also experiencing misshits out of the scoop that come out much slower and at times hit the right flipper. Something is off more than scoop alignment it seems.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Greeley, CO
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.95
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Asheville, NC
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Loris, SC
$ 210.00
£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 9,332 posts in this topic. You are on page 98 of 187.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-remake-mbr-owners-club/page/98?hl=zpinman370 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.