(Topic ID: 222461)

Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)

By MrSanRamon

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,330 posts
  • 732 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 31 hours ago by Dashmonster
  • Topic is favorited by 277 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)”

• I'm in on a CE 77 votes
    9%
  • I'm in on a SE 172 votes
    21%
  • I'm in on a LE 396 votes
    48%
  • I'm out for now 182 votes
    22%

(827 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wire switch 2 (resized).jpg
R orbit switch (resized).jpg
IMG_4951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4943 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0464 (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
IMG_3190 (resized).jpeg
Wolfman (resized).jpg
IMG_2467 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4014 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231111_165525077 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20231112-165133 (resized).png
20231110_123120 (resized).jpg
20231105_122730 (resized).jpg
94B393B7-CB09-4AFB-A166-CF0EC7F7F9A0 (resized).jpeg
3D150F78-A1C1-4B31-A9FA-00031163D7C1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 9,330 posts in this topic. You are on page 96 of 187.
#4751 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Anyone want to recomend a good distributor who will take a credit card (via paypal or directly) and might have an LE in stock? I am going to get on the phone and get this over with tomorrow.

Call Mark at Hemisphere's Amusements.
847-514-4283 They are GREAT!

#4752 5 years ago

I agree!! Mark & Kurt at Hemispheres are awesome! Ordered my MBrLE in October when first available. Deposit = $1k. Got my game almost 6 weeks ago! Wonderful in communication and customer service

#4753 5 years ago

I agree Mark and Kurt and Hemispheres are both great people and have a wealth of knowledge. Very easy to work with.

Quoted from JFink8222:I agree!! Mark & Kurt at Hemispheres are awesome! Ordered my MBrLE in October when first available. Deposit = $1k. Got my game almost 6 weeks ago! Wonderful in communication and customer service

#4754 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Being a stand up guy means you honor your commitments. This is not the distributors falt, so why should he loose the sale?

Did your purchase agreement with your distributor include a delivery date?

Look, there are two ways to think about your situation:

1) You care about the delivery date enough to switch distributors, and may get a table faster
2) You don't care about the delivery date enough to switch distributors, and will thus wait

It seems you're going with option number two. That's great, your distributor will be happy, and you'll be happy that you stood by your distributor.

What doesn't make sense to me is to fill a thread about a pinball table with "where's mine?" comments. This thread has largely devolved into "what should Bublehead do". I have nothing against you; I think we can all sympathize with the agonizing wait for a new table. That said, I don't think agonizing here is helping you (or anyone). I think you have to resolve your agony either by getting your table somewhere else, or deciding to just not care.

An aside... my MBrSE is unboxing at MGC in a couple weeks. I'm psyched!

#4755 5 years ago

I ordered in November and haven’t heard a word. Think I will follow the advice here and check other options.

#4756 5 years ago

I got an email from mine last month explaining the issues and delays. Tracking this thread has helped as well. Just gotta be patient.

#4757 5 years ago

I bought mine from cointaker, check with them

#4758 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I bought mine from cointaker, check with them

I cannot recommend Cointaker enough! I would upvote this 100 times. Bought many games from them. Best of the best.

#4759 5 years ago

Part of my angst is that the wife has put her foot down HARD that I cannot get a second third or fourth machine until I can prove I can get the first one moved, set up, and playable without killing myself or the house. She also hates lane changing in traffic and considers changing distributors equivalent to lane changing.

She is very effective at shutting my "look, squirrel!" shit down. Also, I am a horrible liar and she would sniff me out instantly if I tried to pull a fast one.

#4760 5 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Part of my angst is that the wife has put her foot down HARD that I cannot get a second third or fourth machine until I can prove I can get the first one moved, set up, and playable without killing myself or the house. She also hates lane changing in traffic and considers changing distributors equivalent to lane changing.
She is very effective at shutting my "look, squirrel!" shit down. Also, I am a horrible liar and she would sniff me out instantly if I tried to pull a fast one.

No offense but once the game is shipped or better yet at your house WTH does it matter which distro it came from - lane change or not.

I am seeing a trend that there seems to be some distros with games and getting more of them and some that are well still on the hook for them. No disrespect to anyone who is waiting on a distro but if I had 8k to spend on a game and wanted a game now I sure as hell wouldn't keep waiting forever with no answer in sight. I am a loyal to people sometimes to a fault but I preordered in Jan (very late I know) and then one came up available to me locally that was basically new. It also had some extras and was 90 mins from my home. I saved money and got my game almost 6 weeks ago. I cancelled my order and got my deposit back.

Did I feel bad about cancelling with the distro - sure did. I apologized numerous times and ended up buying POTC LE from the same person. They were honest with me from the get go and as delays kept hitting whenever I inquired about them they said yes I was getting pushed back in the line. Last update I got was that I probably wouldn't get my game til April so when the local one popped up I didn't waste time deciding and was at the guys house at 8:30am the next day with cash in hand. But now 6 weeks later I still would not have had my game and would most likely be fussing about it but I can assure as soon as I saw ones were available elsewhere I would have done the same unless I knew for a fact my game from my distro was going to be coming to me in a week - 10 days.

I think anyone still waiting on an original preorder and has no info is silly to continue to hang on waiting. Unless you got some sort of bang up deal (which I highly doubt) or you traded a game in on this game then you need to cancel and get your game from someone who has one now. Stop screwing around with delays and empty messages. Get your game and have fun!

#4761 5 years ago

I personally was never in a hurry. I put a deposit down knowing I'd be waiting until late March/April. The primary reason was hoping all the kinks of a new production machine get worked out.

I will say it seems really odd that there are distros out there with games sitting around while many are still waiting for a game. That is a logistics problem because most of those distros are asking for full payment when CGC requests it. There shouldn't be any games sitting around because any cancelled orders should have happened before CGC shipped the games out.

#4762 5 years ago

Unless the distros didn't cancel someones preorder and footed the money themselves knowing full well they can sell the game with ease. I wouldn't fault a distro for doing that either. I am sure there have been a lot of cancellations for LEs due to these delays so then its a matter of when that persons "order comes up" to ship. CGC sends to the distro instead of the person who ordered, who knows.

Just saying I wouldn't want to wait and anyone that is complaining about waiting (not you) when there are avenues out there to buy it now needs to do something else.

#4763 5 years ago

Just spoke with my distributor to see when my November order would ship. Was told he had no clue. Guess it’s time to cancel and move on.

#4764 5 years ago
Quoted from rs812:

Just spoke with my distributor to see when my November order would ship. Was told he had no clue. Guess it’s time to cancel and move on.

Maybe we all had the same one? Let’s just say mine doesn’t seem to have a real finger on the Zeitgeist of CGC MBrLE production either.

#4765 5 years ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

No offense but once the game is shipped or better yet at your house WTH does it matter which distro it came from - lane change or not.

None taken. And believe me I hear ya. Want to talk to my wife for me?

#4766 5 years ago

Anyone on here still waiting for their MBrLE, please PM me.

#4767 5 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

None taken. And believe me I hear ya. Want to talk to my wife for me?

More than happy to after you have the game

#4768 5 years ago

A couple years ago I had a lot of recommendations to buy from games exchange in Colorado. I noticed I haven't seen many recs for them lately and that they have MBrLE listed at $9000. Did they change management or ownership or something?

#4769 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Anyone on here still waiting for their MBrLE, please PM me.

I feel your frustration...The challenge u might have is getting your distributor to refund your money? Has your distributor already paid CGC? If not it shouldn't be an issue...if so then it might be a problem....the lesson learned is to never pay in full for a game unless its ready to ship....deposit is fine...paying in full is not...

#4770 5 years ago

I wanted to thank all the other Pinsiders who are still waiting for their LE’s for thier responses. I have seen a pattern emerge but it wasn’t an exclusive club. But the majority of responders (all but 1 so far) share something in common. Use that info for what it is worth. Looking at other options seems like the best advice we can take, and thanks goes to to those for suggesting it.

#4771 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

I wanted to thank all the other Pinsiders who are still waiting for their LE’s for thier responses. I have seen a pattern emerge but it wasn’t an exclusive club. But the majority of responders (all but 1 so far) share something in common. Use that info for what it is worth. Looking at other options seems like the best advice we can take, and thanks goes to to those for suggesting it.

That is indeed an interesting pattern. I have requested a refund and will certainly post as to the outcome. I am quite disappointed that CGC’s priority of fullfilling orders seems to be based upon the distributor rather than the date the game was ordered. I am so done with preorders.

#4772 5 years ago

Well I think distros get a priority based on size/# of orders. There is info over in the POTC thread with a post direct from Joe at pinballstar stating with respect to JJP games that he is a big distro for them so his allotment of games is larger. He had LEs still left when others were out. I would imagine that this model would hold true for CGC as well. I don't know any of this for fact though but it would not surprise me. If this is the case then whose orders get filled first - your big distro or a smaller guy that doesn't bring in a ton of business.

Not saying anything about any distro anyone has used here but clearly the common denominator for those of you waiting is the same distro. Does that mean the distro is bad - nope just means they may not be top priority with respect the allotment of games.

Who do you think is going to get their order fulfilled more when the hot toy is on the market at X-mas - Walmart, BB, Amazon or some small store in North Dakota.

All that being said good for you guys moving on and finding a game elsewhere. Hope you get your games soon and can enjoy it at home.

#4773 5 years ago

In my opinion you need to find a balance. A distributor big enough to get allotments of games that you want, but not so big that you become just a number and receive poor service. One such distributor for that is Zach at flipnout. However he did sell out of his MBr LE allotment for now.

#4774 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

In my opinion you need to find a balance. A distributor big enough to get allotments of games that you want, but not so big that you become just a number and receive poor service. One such distributor for that is Zach at flipnout. However he did sell out of his MBr LE allotment for now.

Agreed, but how exactly is one to make that determination?

#4775 5 years ago
Quoted from rs812:

Agreed, but how exactly is one to make that determination?

Try a few distributors until you find the right one.

#4776 5 years ago

Installed SillyOldElf side blades and Glow titans.
Can't believe these blades didnt come with the LE.
Oh well, looks great on the SE

IMG_20190328_183450 (resized).jpgIMG_20190328_183450 (resized).jpg

#4777 5 years ago

Game exchange and JJ are first class. I just got mt MBrfrom him. Long wait of course

#4778 5 years ago

-sometimes just need a reminder not to post on pinside, thx

#4779 5 years ago

I never noticed those green letters backwards in the translite before.

#4780 5 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

A couple years ago I had a lot of recommendations to buy from games exchange in Colorado. I noticed I haven't seen many recs for them lately and that they have MBrLE listed at $9000. Did they change management or ownership or something?

I would still recommend JJ and Game Exchange. I got my game this week in his second allocation. Very easy to deal with and no surprises.

#4781 5 years ago

For those still waiting on the game, it was totally worth the wait.

Artwork and sounds are amazing. My playfield has no issues and looks great.

Light show on the LE is spectacular.

My only minor complaint is that the game is a tad too dark for my old eyes. Light show is awesome but I like to play in a dark game room. I have no idea if spots could be added to the lower playfield to brighten it up a bit. I think Pinstadiums would be overkill.

#4782 5 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

My only minor complaint is that the game is a tad too dark for my old eyes. Light show is awesome but I like to play in a dark game room. I have no idea if spots could be added to the lower playfield to brighten it up a bit. I think Pinstadiums would be overkill.

Others have mentioned putting in a string of LEDs in the trough. If you try that, let me know how it goes.

#4783 5 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Others have mentioned putting in a string of LEDs in the trough. If you try that, let me know how it goes.

Major, major improvement. Small cost, super easy install.

#4784 5 years ago
Quoted from canea:

-sometimes just need a reminder not to post on pinside, thx

I do apologize for being a little snarky. I should have just said I think you are looking to much into it. I looked at my translite and to me it looks like a far stretch to connect your dots. Just my opinion.

#4785 5 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

I will try it tonight. I have a few strings left over from other projects. Thanks...

#4786 5 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

Agreed! CGC did an amazing job on the game. The color changing GI impresses me every time we play. The game is a HUGE hit with my entire family.

#4787 5 years ago

Unfortunately both of my distributors I have used for many games... are totally out of LE.. and neither has any idea when another batch will arrive

#4788 5 years ago

I’m having a problem with my Phantom Flip....
I get it activated and they both do not light the inserts. What am I doing wrong here? Both prox and optos work in test

#4789 5 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

I was at TPF and purchased a set of Pinstadiums for my MBRse. I will post the results when I get them installed. They looked awesome on a Whirlwind at the show. So much so, that I got the ok from the “boss” to purchase a set. (No, not Bruce Springsteen, my wife) LOL

#4790 5 years ago
Quoted from DK:

I’m having a problem with my Phantom Flip....
I get it activated and they both do not light the inserts. What am I doing wrong here? Both prox and optos work in test

Just play the game. The machine takes a while watching you and learning your shots, so the more shots you take and make, the more it learns. Once it gets fairly sure it can repeat the shots, it will start lighting for you to use.

#4791 5 years ago

You’re correct! Thanks

#4792 5 years ago

My Dracula isn’t registering hits. I haven’t played with it yet, but does anyone know how adjust the Dracula?

#4793 5 years ago
Quoted from Monk:

My Dracula isn’t registering hits. I haven’t played with it yet, but does anyone know how adjust the Dracula?

He’s attached to the arm with two tiny little screws in the cape. I’d remove him then check the switch behind him. Make sure he has play when You reattach him. You do need to hit him with a fairly direct shot to register

#4794 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

These are all very true statements, Ryan has been very passionate and they are sticking to this mantra of quality, but I have only so many days left on this planet, and I would like the chance to flip my MBrLE for as many of them as I have left. It is one thing to wait on quality, it is another to wait on a company that talked up a great game at Chicago Expo, yet were mostly absent from their booth at TPF, and had machines set up so poorly, I was wondering, was it intentional or not?
When mentioning I had not received my MBrLE at TPF, the question asked by everyone behind a counter was who was my distributor, how far down his list I was, and them shaking their head and saying “you should have seen your machine by now”
So, I am not very sympathetic right now to anyone who tells me to keep waiting on quality, that is just a crappy way of getting collectors to sit on their thumbs and wait. 157 days on order for something they said would be no later than 3 months to deliver is now past that estimate by over two months. Either ship me a pinball machine for my $8300 or do something for me, the later of which isn’t happening any time soon, the former of which hasn’t happened yet.
What I am starting to feel like is just a spoke in a great big wheel, like a tiny blade of grass in a great big field. Yes I feel like a number, I’m just a number like 1251 of 1250 (apologies to BSATSBB).
Let me give everyone a little piece of advice... don’t go to a pinball show where you see everyone having fun flipping on copies of a machine you have PURCHASED already 6 months ago unless you want to end up getting even MORE DEPRESSED and PISSED OFF while waiting for delivery.
I am not seeing any puffy silver linings on these dark storm clouds anytime soon.
Ok, Aleaxa, rant mode off.

Ahh....you must learn patience in pinball grasshopper....

#4795 5 years ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

I hear what you guys are saying and will limit the amount I play it for the next month as hard as that is because it is a fantastic game. What really concerns me is how my balls got so damaged in such short amount of plays? (no pun intended before you all go there lol) The dimples are one thing but having scored up balls especially when they are not just the run of the mill but the good chrome balls is concerning.

Wow...that seems strange. And even more that nobody else on this forum has commented on it yet. Scored up balls will damage your playfield surface severely. Can anyone else chime in on this? Its just another reason that I wait here patiently for my game so that every potential issue can be ironed out.

#4796 5 years ago

My scoop opto is on the fritz. Most of the time it wont register and the rest of the time it false positive registers. Makesthe game unplayable. Plugs look tight and switch test exhibits the same type of behaviour.

Suggestions?

-Jeff

#4797 5 years ago

Reseat it's connector a couple times.

LTG : )

#4798 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

He’s attached to the arm with two tiny little screws in the cape. I’d remove him then check the switch behind him. Make sure he has play when You reattach him. You do need to hit him with a fairly direct shot to register

Thank you, I’ll take a look st it today. It definitely doesn’t register with a hard direct square it to his feet. It has registered with shots that just hit the outside of his feet.

#4799 5 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

Anyone else have tickets in? Do they update at all?!? I’ve had standing ticket for 96 days and 13 hours and the only one posting on it is me!

99 days. So this is normal right?

#4800 5 years ago
Quoted from playernumber4:

Wow...that seems strange. And even more that nobody else on this forum has commented on it yet. Scored up balls will damage your playfield surface severely. Can anyone else chime in on this? Its just another reason that I wait here patiently for my game so that every potential issue can be ironed out.

I had a PM from one other fellow and also some feedback on the burrs that are on some of the steel trim on the ramps, scoop etc. What I did do, is file and sand down the burrs that I could see and feel after running my fingers around all the metal surfaces. Beyond that I did find that if you stick your finger in the front of the scoop there are 2 screws that actually protrude into the scoop maybe an 1/8" or so. Not sure if the ball is hitting these on the way in or out but I did put a small piece of duct tape over them to cushion the ball a bit. Other solution is to pull the screws and get shorter ones but with all the things people were saying about the SDTM's coming from the scoop didn't want to mess with it. Mine shoots great to the left flipper as it is now. My playfield is still dimpling like crazy (IMO) so will see how that evens out over time. Still, all in all, a great game, but these issues do take away from it a bit being the LE was supposed to be the cream of the crop. This was a game I looked forward to for a long time and will just play the heck out of it anyway. I am already thinking to order a replacement playfield to swap out in a few years as I don't see this one lasting with the wear it has after only 50 games.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 12.95
$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 9,330 posts in this topic. You are on page 96 of 187.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-remake-mbr-owners-club/page/96 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.