(Topic ID: 222461)

Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)

By MrSanRamon

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 6,371 posts
  • 494 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Mr_Tantrum
  • Topic is favorited by 204 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)”

• I'm in on a CE 43 votes
    7%
  • I'm in on a SE 101 votes
    16%
  • I'm in on a LE 310 votes
    50%
  • I'm out for now 161 votes
    26%

(615 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,086 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

buttons.gif
F19A316C-7809-454A-AB56-A8DC6357849D (resized).jpeg
DFEA4289-EAE9-43AA-A293-7929C1561AD7 (resized).jpeg
D63BF020-095A-4E70-AE6D-043891A38F96 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1271 (resized).JPG
IMG_1270 (resized).JPG
31E430BD-4148-4748-8879-822C90B7ED6E (resized).jpeg
IMG_20191101_165435 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191101_165432 (resized).jpg
0.jpg
DSC00132 (resized).JPG
61d4a8a5ce789e5fa04984f4d6828f9d0c5a0f8c.jpeg (resized).jpg
57D7756A-0748-48D7-87F8-8C96CFF43293 (resized).jpeg
2B90EE92-8BDF-4EA4-9C29-AF399750E178 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0567 (resized).JPG
IMG_1258 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6371 posts in this topic. You are on page 95 of 128.
#4701 7 months ago

They've already told you the issue and given you a timeframe. You guys constantly bugging them isn't going to make it happen any faster. Go find something else to do and quit obsessing over it. It will be fine.

#4702 7 months ago

I think they are going to have to let us determine what level of quality we want in our MBrLE, or send me my machine and a coupon for a flawless playfield at a later date?

I feel like a parent who has to give their child an IOU from Santa on Christmas morning like Mattel had to with their Christmas Barbies years ago. Real nice certificate, gold embossed, nice picture of the product, and a TS card from Santa saying that his elves could just not keep up with demand, and your Barbie will be there in 6 to 8 weeks.

#4703 7 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

They've already told you the issue and given you a timeframe. You guys constantly bugging them isn't going to make it happen any faster. Go find something else to do and quit obsessing over it. It will be fine.

Said the man with or without his MBrLE already? No one is forcing people to come in here and hold their eyes open to read our complaints, so why should you care?

#4704 7 months ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Said the man with or without his MBrLE already? No one is forcing people to come in here and hold their eyes open to read our complaints, so why should you care?

Still waiting on mine too man. Complaining here is one thing, but calling them every other day is a bit much at this point. They gave you info already. As others mentioned if it is grinding you that much, call your distro, get your money back and look for a place that has one in stock.

#4705 7 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I can’t speak about what CGC does for their process, but this is a very very good idea. Clear takes a long time to fully cure, even when it feels hard on the surface, that’s just the very top layer of molecules - the underlying layers are still not hardened. This applies to every coat they lay down. If you play on it too early, those dimples will be pushed into the clear layer forever, vs if you wait, you see far less.

I hear what you guys are saying and will limit the amount I play it for the next month as hard as that is because it is a fantastic game. What really concerns me is how my balls got so damaged in such short amount of plays? (no pun intended before you all go there lol) The dimples are one thing but having scored up balls especially when they are not just the run of the mill but the good chrome balls is concerning.

#4706 7 months ago

Picked up #619 MB r LE Monday. Everything went perfectly fine. Set it up that afternoon and finished the programming yesterday. Played and functions perfectly. Definitely a beautiful machine and a keeper!

#4707 7 months ago
Quoted from Moeman65:

Picked up #619 MB r LE Monday. Everything went perfectly fine. Set it up that afternoon and finished the programming yesterday. Played and functions perfectly. Definitely a beautiful machine and a keeper!

Programming??

#4708 7 months ago

Updating software is what I assume.

#4709 7 months ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

does the game not come with the latest software or am I missing something here?

#4710 7 months ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

There was an update to adjust volume levels and to fix a bug where the custom logo was not sticking after machine was shut down.

#4711 7 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Still waiting on mine too man

Sorry, I’m actually just on an edge today... thinking of doing exactly what you said.

#4712 7 months ago

What I call programming is going through all the menus and setting them to my preferences.

#4713 7 months ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Sorry, I’m actually just on an edge today... thinking of doing exactly what you said.

Man. I hope you get your game soon Bublehead! I know how much you are looking forward to it. I feel your pain.

#4714 7 months ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Man. I hope you get your game soon Bublehead! I know how much you are looking forward to it. I feel your pain.

Ah ok cool - yes I did that too. I have to say I find the game challenging and a lot of fun so far. I can't see this getting old fast like some have said. For me it was one that I had played a few times out in the wild but the machines were always beat up so to have a new game is something really great.

Now what about my balls issue lol - bueller, bueller, anyone -

#4715 7 months ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

I hear what you guys are saying and will limit the amount I play it for the next month as hard as that is because it is a fantastic game. What really concerns me is how my balls got so damaged in such short amount of plays? (no pun intended before you all go there lol) The dimples are one thing but having scored up balls especially when they are not just the run of the mill but the good chrome balls is concerning.

Those PFs are getting cleared and sitting. We are talking about a lot of PFs here. By the time any particular cabinet gets ready for a PF to be populated and stabbed, that ink and clear have been on there for weeks at a minimum. Then the machinr sits and waits for packing, then sits and waits for pickup and then sits and waits for transport, then sits and waits for delivery. Just the pick up and transport time gives it 15-20 days minimum to cure. They aren’t running the screens and clear and sloping them on the machine still wet. All that said, it’s good to go.

I’ve had PFs cleared and gotten them back before full cure, and there is no question when it’s not ready. You’d smell the chemical evaporate.

#4716 7 months ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

Now what about my balls issue lol - bueller, bueller, anyone

This is one I haven't seen yet. I am getting my SE today and will check them after a few days and report back.

#4717 7 months ago

Make sure you don’t have any posts that have metal exposed. A rubber can spilt or slip and let the ball hit something it shouldn’t, and you will see them get torn up fast that way.

#4718 7 months ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

It might be the scoop. The front edge is pretty sharp and balls hitting it are usually full speed from the flipper. I put some grommet edging on mine. I thought I had a pic of it installed on the scoop. I'll post it if people are interested. I don't even notice it on the scoop and I feel better knowing the ball won't get chopped up.

20190321_165536 (resized).jpg

I feel for Bublehead and everyone else who are still awaiting their game. Having been one of the MMR people who was paid in full for over two years, I know how that feels. I was happy to wait for ~3 months to get my MBR. I missed the number matching gig and jumped in during the playfield quality and decal wrapping issues so the delay was reasonable to me. Ironically, my game was built after the decals were supposed to be cut back but I still had a wrapped machine. It had not cracked and I prefer wrapped anyway so no complaints there (we'll see how it holds up).

I chose to go through Sara and PPS this time because I figured they would have the largest allotment and a little more pull with CGC since they are also the license holder. It wasn't all roses as my topper was fragged in shipping and I had a few minor issues but PPS and CGC were on it and made things right. Hint: if your CGC ticket is going dormant, call them. Like anything, the squeaky wheel gets the grease

The game is beautiful! I made flipper and level adjustments as referenced in this forum and it plays nice. Now I just need TIME TO PLAY IT! My four year old has more mileage on it than I do.

Hang in there guys!

#4719 7 months ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

I know dimples are part of pinball however after only 45 games I am already seeing a noticeable area around Frank. I dialed down my flipper strength from default to -4 to try and stop the air balls. I have to say the clear coat is not as good as I expected from CGC being this is an LE and they were supposed by a bit above par. I put brand new silver jets in the machine from new and I did notice that the balls have nicks and scratches in them already so not sure where that is coming from at this low a number of plays. Have swapped them out and installed another new set. I did notice the scoop has a couple of rivets in there so is it possible they are damaging the balls upon entry and exit? This is a problem that if the chrome balls are being damaged could chew up the playfield in short order. Is anyone else having the same issue as that is actually more concerning than the dimples for me? I love the game but am almost afraid to play it in fear of really messing up the playfield. Recommendations appreciated.
[quoted image]

I posted some pics back in #1842

Quoted from fanuminski:

after playing for a few weeks, I've noticed a couple things that I think one should check and look at.
The metal edges of some ramps have not been de-burred as well as they could be.
There are definite areas of sharp points that will ding up your balls. I've already replaced all of mine
and used very fine sandpaper (1000-2500 grit) to run along the edges of these metal burrs.
the starting edge of the ramp in the shoot out lane, the trough edges of where the ball drains
and also inside the trough -where it captures your balls. The ramp under frank to the exit to the habitrail.
the ramp on the right to the right flipper return also. If you feel with your finger, you will see what I mean.
YMMV [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

0d28063554e3d621be0bfaf62acca3f6752090e8 (resized).jpg3ce067118ac25af1102e1a017ca7376e34bfe92e (resized).jpg4bdc3c25032e31c319903a6fe2d136d3b905f3c4 (resized).jpg95f6a5a1b92d3b109bd301f9d350f01cdde22a04 (resized).jpga4ae710552a610c7757ca71cf7505ec03cf20f4d (resized).jpg
#4720 7 months ago

Got my SE today. She is all tucked in with her siblings.

IMG_20190327_134924 (resized).jpg
#4721 7 months ago

Number 915 arrived today. I can't set it up until after work.

20190327_143251 (resized).jpg

#4722 7 months ago
Quoted from Jodester:

Number 915 arrived today. I can't set it up until after work.

Don't you feel a fever coming on? Or maybe you ate something that didn't agree with you? Both? You should take a sick day to be safe!

#4723 7 months ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

I think they are going to have to let us determine what level of quality we want in our MBrLE, or send me my machine and a coupon for a flawless playfield at a later date?
I feel like a parent who has to give their child an IOU from Santa on Christmas morning like Mattel had to with their Christmas Barbies years ago. Real nice certificate, gold embossed, nice picture of the product, and a TS card from Santa saying that his elves could just not keep up with demand, and your Barbie will be there in 6 to 8 weeks.

Be honest....the Barbie was for you right? This is now ptsd?
Just teasing man...still waiting on mine up here as well. Fingers crossed it’s soon!

#4724 7 months ago
Quoted from hollywood:

Be honest....the Barbie was for you right? This is now ptsd?
Just teasing man...still waiting on mine up here as well. Fingers crossed it’s soon!

Cripes, a man can’t keep any secrets on here... but it was actually for the wife, she collected them back then. She since has given it up and we donated her collection to a sillent auction for charity. Some very needy young girls got a surpise from Santa that year, and if their parents were keen enough and recognized their value, they may have had a better Christmas all around. The recipients of the silent auction Barbies were guilted into donating the dolls back to be given away as gifts. It is amazing how powerful a public shaming can be... We won the bid for one of the dolls, and we made a little speach how we thought these would make great gifts for the children and tossed the NIB Barbie in the Toys for Tots barrel, and entreated the other winners to do the same... after a big round of guilt inducing applause, the rest did the same. All the money went to toys for tots, all the dolls went to needy children, and all the people who thought they were getting a valuable collectible for nearly nothing got a rude awakening. Win, win, win.

#4725 7 months ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Cripes, a man can’t keep any secrets on here... but it was actually for the wife, she collected them back then. She since has given it up and we donated her collection to a sillent auction for charity. Some very needy young girls got a surpise from Santa that year, and if their parents were keen enough and recognized their value, they may have had a better Christmas all around. The recipients of the silent auction Barbies were guilted into donating the dolls back to be given away as gifts. It is amazing how powerful a public shaming can be... We won the bid for one of the dolls, and we made a little speach how we thought these would make great gifts for the children and tossed the NIB Barbie in the Toys for Tots barrel, and entreated the other winners to do the same... after a big round of guilt inducing applause, the rest did the same. All the money went to toys for tots, all the dolls went to needy children, and all the people who thought they were getting a valuable collectible for nearly nothing got a rude awakening. Win, win, win.

Nice brother, nice.
There are programs where I’m from where you can anonymously “sponsor” less fortunate families and provide unforgettable Christmas mornings for the children. The magic of Christmas and the innocence of children IMO are the most precious and sacred attributes humans possess. I always do as much as I can to make sure that as many children in my area can wake up and experience the magic of Christmas.
You sound like a stand-up guy and I will gladly volunteer my MBRLE to you before I get mine (I mean, in a perfect world that would happen - I’m sure you don’t want those pesky Canadian coin mechs though)!

#4726 7 months ago

I had a good laugh at my own expense yesterday. I was doing a switch edge test and decided to drop a quarter in to see if the coin mech switches were functioning. The left was fine, but the right coin slot - the quarter did not pass. I hit the coin return and lo and behold, there was black tape over the coin return door. I removed it and found a spare coin door key inside... plus my missing quarter.
Even more proof that my eyesight is horrible.

#4727 7 months ago

I'm tempted to pick up my phone, order an LE on the spot, watch it arrive, take photos, and post them here with the game fully setup ---- to help some of you realize that you need to stop waiting on your distributor that isn't making shit happen for you and order from someone who will take care of you.

Some Stockholm Syndrome shit happening here. Maybe I missed something and am speaking out of ignorance, but if I'm not - damn - move on and get your game!

#4728 7 months ago
Quoted from NPO:

I'm tempted to pick up my phone, order an LE on the spot, watch it arrive, take photos, and post them here with the game fully setup ---- to help some of you realize that you need to stop waiting on your distributor that isn't making shit happen for you and order from someone who will take care of you.
Some Stockholm Syndrome shit happening here. Maybe I missed something and am speaking out of ignorance, but if I'm not - damn - move on and get your game!

It's crazy right? It's like some people just want to punish themselves. What in the world are they thinking? Stop complaining, get your damn money back and get this game home ASAP!

Oh - and NEVER buy anything from these distributors that take and hold your money hostage if they deny you the cash back.

#4729 7 months ago

Being a stand up guy means you honor your commitments. This is not the distributors falt, so why should he loose the sale?

#4730 7 months ago
Quoted from sgorsuch:

I had a good laugh at my own expense yesterday. I was doing a switch edge test and decided to drop a quarter in to see if the coin mech switches were functioning. The left was fine, but the right coin slot - the quarter did not pass. I hit the coin return and lo and behold, there was black tape over the coin return door. I removed it and found a spare coin door key inside... plus my missing quarter.
Even more proof that my eyesight is horrible.

Glad I read this. I wondered where my second coin door key was. After reading this I went down and found the black tape over the coin return and my second coin door key. Now if I can only find a key fob! I didn't get one at least at this point I haven't found it.

#4731 7 months ago

So I just left my friends place in snowmass and she has a mmrle from 3 years back and noticed the decal wrap .... it’s perfect.....only has 190 plays on it and very very little dimpling
I would rather have the wrap on my mbrle coming out w a slight crack or not than compared to them cutting the decals right now

#4732 7 months ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Being a stand up guy means you honor your commitments. This is not the distributors falt, so why should he loose the sale?

Are you serious? The distributor is expected to get you the game. They are not getting you the game period.

I used to feel bad for you but now I'm not so sure. The distributor I go to for the past 4 years is money. No worries about where my game is, never ask for full payment until my game is there. My suggestion is to, wake up, drop the distributor and move on. Otherwise please....these updates about where is my game.... It's like you're in your own dream world - they're available! Go get one!

Stop droning on and making us have to hear about it too

#4733 7 months ago
Quoted from delt31:

Are you serious? The distributor is expected to get you the game. They are not getting you the game period.
I used to feel bad for you but now I'm not so sure. The distributor I go to for the past 4 years is money. No worries about where my game is, never ask for full payment until my game is there. My suggestion is to, wake up, drop the distributor and move on. Otherwise please....these updates about where is my game.... It's like you're in your own dream world - they're available! Go get one!
Stop droning on and making us have to hear about it too

If we agreed anymore, we'd be the same person. Well said. Would upvote 1000 times if I could.

Buble, drop whoever this distributor is, go get a game waiting with your name on it, and move on from all of this!

#4734 7 months ago

I am about 30 days in on my game and would like to clean the playfield just to keep it nice. Should I just use a dry lint free cloth or should I spray and wipe down with Novus 1?

#4735 7 months ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

Should I just use a dry lint free cloth or should I spray and wipe down with Novus 1?

Lint free cloth, wipe down.

I wouldn't spray liquid on a playfield. Maybe a little on the cloth and then clean it.

Blitz Wax, and next time just rub clean.

LTG : )

#4736 7 months ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

I know dimples are part of pinball however after only 45 games I am already seeing a noticeable area around Frank. I dialed down my flipper strength from default to -4 to try and stop the air balls. I have to say the clear coat is not as good as I expected from CGC being this is an LE and they were supposed by a bit above par. I put brand new silver jets in the machine from new and I did notice that the balls have nicks and scratches in them already so not sure where that is coming from at this low a number of plays. Have swapped them out and installed another new set. I did notice the scoop has a couple of rivets in there so is it possible they are damaging the balls upon entry and exit? This is a problem that if the chrome balls are being damaged could chew up the playfield in short order. Is anyone else having the same issue as that is actually more concerning than the dimples for me? I love the game but am almost afraid to play it in fear of really messing up the playfield. Recommendations appreciated.
[quoted image]

It won't help the dimpling - that is normal for any new pinball machine. However, I think a good initial waxing is a good idea. And doing every several months if you are playing the game with regularity will help keep that awesome PF looking and shooting nice!

#4737 7 months ago

Don’t worry about the dimpling. As I mentioned earlier my friends medieval looked gorgeous after 190 plays very very little dimpling.... you had to really look for it now take my Ghostbusters premium and we noticed it after 30 please big time

#4738 7 months ago

Funny thing is I might sell my mbr le before bubble gets his!

So I enjoy it but right now it's definitely my flex game meaning if wonka hits and isn't priced ridiculously I'll put up my mbr.

For those wondering why - I do enjoy it, looks great and plays well. No complaints there. As an AFMLE owner it plays just a little too much like it and if I had to choose it's AFM. I know mm, mbr and AFM all have a similar layout but I thought mbr was the most different. I guess it it's but in a collection of 5 I'm looking for unique for each one. I own AFM, jjp POTC, getaway, alien and then mbr. Thinking I need a little more variety.

Who knows if it's not Wonka, what a lineup of games coming out! Jurassic world? Def if it's not the Stern rinse repeat and then you have jjp gnr which is a def. Even toy story could be a knockout.

Competition is deep

#4739 7 months ago

OK guys... get ready for this. So I too had an MBrLE on order for about 2 weeks and had been reading how many of you had been waiting 3 or 4 or 5 or even 6 months since placing your own orders with nothing to show for it. It really started to frustrate me that LEs had such an issue with some people getting them with lesser wait times than others. I got to the point where I decided to cancel my order today and go with a Munsters machine. Ordered it and it shipped today. On a whim, I decided to call some other dealers about a MBrLE and low and behold there *ARE* some that have them in stock...... Well guess what, I paid for one and went and got it today. Bublehead, you especially should quit screwing around with whatever dealer you have been waiting on and do what I did.

20190327_145625 (resized).jpg20190327_145748 (resized).jpg20190327_181136 (resized).jpg20190327_183818 (resized).jpg20190327_194846 (resized).jpg20190327_205743 (resized).jpg
#4740 7 months ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

I am about 30 days in on my game and would like to clean the playfield just to keep it nice. Should I just use a dry lint free cloth or should I spray and wipe down with Novus 1?

I use Novus 2 and a good quality cheesecloth. I'm generally clean my play Fields about every 200-250 games.

#4741 7 months ago
Quoted from Moeman65:

I use Novus 2 and a good quality cheesecloth.

Novus 2 is NOT a wax. It contains a grit/compound that performs as a cleaner but does not protect. You need to use a wax as has been previously
recommended on your playfield. A Carnuba wax is best.

Quoted from LTG:

Lint free cloth, wipe down.

I wouldn't spray liquid on a playfield. Maybe a little on the cloth and then clean it.

Blitz Wax, and next time just rub clean.

#4742 7 months ago
Quoted from minnesota13:

Novus 2 is NOT a wax. It contains a grit/compound that performs as a cleaner but does not protect. You need to use a wax as has been previously
recommended on your playfield. A Carnuba wax is best.

The original question was about cleaning the playfield. I know it's not a wax it's a polish. Most operators and dealers recommend Novus 2 for various reasons of their own. Wildcat # 125 is also a polish and works well but not recommended for clear coated playfields.

#4743 7 months ago

You should use Novus 2 to remove small scratches, not as a cleaner. It will slowly remove your clear coat every use. Novus 1 is a cleaner and is safe for repeated use.

#4744 7 months ago

Anyone want to recomend a good distributor who will take a credit card (via paypal or directly) and might have an LE in stock? I am going to get on the phone and get this over with tomorrow.

#4745 7 months ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Anyone want to recomend a good distributor

I'd try Kingpin Games in WI - (608) 522-5001 or Mike Daddona at Automated Services CT - http://www.pinballsandgames.com/

I don't know if they have the game you seek, I'd start with them.

Also Sara at Planetary Pinball Suppy - 775-863-2310

#4746 7 months ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Anyone want to recomend a good distributor who will take a credit card (via paypal or directly) and might have an LE in stock? I am going to get on the phone and get this over with tomorrow.

Good for you I could understand loyalty if no one has these in stock but as we have all seen that is not the case. The games are out and can be bought. Good luck tomorrow and I hope you can seal a deal on one

#4747 7 months ago

Arcade at home in romeoville IL had 2 in stock when i picked mine up yesterday

Quoted from Bublehead:

#4748 7 months ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

This is not the distributors falt, so why should he loose the sale?

Ummm....bublehead, weren’t you the guy correcting spelling/grammar earlier on in this thread? Tsk tsk, two in one sentence!
Congrats on changing distros! I don’t have that option up here.

#4749 7 months ago

Hey Guys - Just to be aware I may have found my ball issues and wanted to share so others can check as soon as you take the game out of the box. There are a couple burr's at the end of the shooter ramp. As others have said and now that I checked myself you can feel it with your finger when you rub along some of the metal edging on the ramps. I am also going to run a piece of Mylar on the front face of the scoop as it has some serious rough spots. Also see post # 4719 by fanumiski as his pics are better than what I have here and show similar issues.

20190328_062100 (resized).jpg
#4750 7 months ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Smart man. Well done. Good luck

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5,999.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
There are 6371 posts in this topic. You are on page 95 of 128.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside