(Topic ID: 222461)

Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)

By MrSanRamon

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,324 posts
  • 731 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by KidDynamite
  • Topic is favorited by 277 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)”

• I'm in on a CE 77 votes
    9%
  • I'm in on a SE 172 votes
    21%
  • I'm in on a LE 396 votes
    48%
  • I'm out for now 182 votes
    22%

(827 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wire switch 2 (resized).jpg
R orbit switch (resized).jpg
IMG_4951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4943 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0464 (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
IMG_3190 (resized).jpeg
Wolfman (resized).jpg
IMG_2467 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4014 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231111_165525077 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20231112-165133 (resized).png
20231110_123120 (resized).jpg
20231105_122730 (resized).jpg
94B393B7-CB09-4AFB-A166-CF0EC7F7F9A0 (resized).jpeg
3D150F78-A1C1-4B31-A9FA-00031163D7C1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 9,324 posts in this topic. You are on page 94 of 187.
#4651 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Yes, but CGC is failing their customers when this happens by not redirecting them to customers with other distributors who are still waiting. I could use a cargument about auto dealerships, but that would get me banned.

It doesn't work that way in this case. The distros aren't owned by the same companies so that analogy wouldn't work. They are competitors. Once the game is shipped to the distro, it is out of CGC's hands. It's another reason I think the distro process is outdated by today's standards.

#4652 5 years ago

@zablon, I didn’t go there on purpose because of all the differences between the two scenarios, but most distributorship models have clauses in them to prevent these situations, or they limit cross selling by establishing strict sales regional borders and enforce them. The free for all in Pinball distributorships we have right now is laughable when based on other dealer/distributor networks. What incentive do distributors have if they just continue to swap customers back and forth, pinballing us from one distributor to another as we the customers get rewarded or shafted with each sale. What I want to hear from my next distributor, if they want my loyalty, is give me a delivery gaurantee with rewards or discounts based on meeting my expectations. If I could find an old school distributor who would give me a flipper rebuild kit and a box of lamps when ever things like this happen, I would be more forgiving and likely to buy my next machine from them.

#4653 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

It will certainly change my pick for distributor on CGC games in the future. PPS will ship one to anyone willing to pay in full right now, today and Sarah will have it on a truck on its way to you by tomorrow. Imagine how that makes me feel right now? That I could just on a whim, call her number and get one in a week, right now, for the exact same price, or, continue to wait for my delivery through my original distributor and still be weeks out, who knows?
What would you do? I would like to see some of your responses on this, because I am having a hard time not reaching for the phone right now.

I have been reading your posts for many months as I follow all the goings on with MBr - only because I am an owner and OCD requires constant checking on what issues buyers are experiencing or whining about. I have long wanted to PM you and ask that very question - "Who is your Distributor?" like you got at the show. You been fooked. I would get my money back with no remorse and contact Sarah for delivery. Not to rub salt in the wound, but by working closely with Sarah back in December (calls, texts, emails) she made sure I received my game before Xmas. She is truly awesome and SERVICE is her priority. Of course I had the leverage of a third time number-matcher but many still had to wait until January. She made my family's Xmas a success. CALL PPS and get this over with!

#4654 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

It will certainly change my pick for distributor on CGC games in the future. PPS will ship one to anyone willing to pay in full right now, today and Sarah will have it on a truck on its way to you by tomorrow. Imagine how that makes me feel right now? That I could just on a whim, call her number and get one in a week, right now, for the exact same price, or, continue to wait for my delivery through my original distributor and still be weeks out, who knows?
What would you do? I would like to see some of your responses on this, because I am having a hard time not reaching for the phone right now.

I'd cancel my order and buy from the distributor who has them in stock. The only exception would be is if my distributor has done right by giving me discounts, free shipping, etc. If not, then I wouldn't hesitate to jump ship.

#4655 5 years ago
Quoted from bigdog50:

CALL PPS and get this over with!

So how does that happen? I doubt a distro still has our money, it's back with CGC. CGC can't make it happen as it's 'not their problem'. Distros are individuals and can't take anothers inventory to fill an order. Confused?

#4656 5 years ago

Call Game Exchange of Colorado, talk to JJ. Always delivered as promised.
MMr, AFMRe, MBRse

#4657 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Or a future one if nothing else, you would think. As a distributor trying to increase his clientele, you would figure this kind of delay snafu is a good reason to grease the wheels of unrest and give his customers a reason to remain loyal, yet I have not heard one peep out of my distributor in regards to a reduction in price or cost of shipping, or any kind of freebie or token of appreciation to try and keep me from cancelling and going with the competition. And I am the guy you want to come back, the one with deeper pockets and willing to go to a higher price for an LE.

When I bought my MMRLE the distro kept telling me two more weeks, two more weeks, two more weeks. Please note I didn't wait two years like many did. But I was done and asked for my refund. I was told it would take two weeks (you're killing me). I told them that was fine. They didn't want to lose the $$$ and asked if I would change the armor color (I was getting black). I told them I would take chrome color (no gold) but it had to ship right away. They asked for a day or two to find/fix/get me my MMRLE. I agreed. I get the call the next day that my chrome would ship the following day.
Would have been nice if they did more like you're saying, some token freebie. Nice but unlikely. That's why if you like your distro keep them. If there's a sour taste in your month from them, get a new one on the next game. I came on pinside and checked some of the good reviews of some of the distros and tried them. Found a couple I like that I feel will go the extra mile if needed. Your mileage may vary. Good Luck hope you get it soon.

#4658 5 years ago

Man, I’m still waiting too! If our Canadian dollar wasn’t so terrible at the moment, I’d call Sara in a heart beat!

#4659 5 years ago

Thanks to the help of my life long friend, Tom Test , we picked up my MB r. LE. and got it set up today. Things went very well! Going to finish the game settings later tonight. Played a couple balls and all seems to be ok. Beautiful Machine!

#4660 5 years ago
Quoted from Mokthemagicman:

Stuck balls
Loving the game so far but I am having an issue with the balls getting stuck in the left ramp in front of the bride on slow ball hits. I have table set at 7.5. Should it be lowered to the standard 6.5 to fix this or should I make the playfield even higher? Anyone else have issues with the balls sometimes getting stuck in the between spot of the ramp. Always if a ball goes up that ramp too slow it is going to get stuck again. Seems to happen 1 out of 10 games.
Anyone help?

No... I have the same problem at 6.5 pitch... And I was told raising the pitch would solve that one.

#4661 5 years ago

Anyone know when the lightening bolt up by the pop bumpers is supposed to light? Mine doesn’t ever seem to turn on

#4662 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

zablon, I didn’t go there on purpose because of all the differences between the two scenarios, but most distributorship models have clauses in them to prevent these situations, or they limit cross selling by establishing strict sales regional borders and enforce them. The free for all in Pinball distributorships we have right now is laughable when based on other dealer/distributor networks. What incentive do distributors have if they just continue to swap customers back and forth, pinballing us from one distributor to another as we the customers get rewarded or shafted with each sale. What I want to hear from my next distributor, if they want my loyalty, is give me a delivery gaurantee with rewards or discounts based on meeting my expectations. If I could find an old school distributor who would give me a flipper rebuild kit and a box of lamps when ever things like this happen, I would be more forgiving and likely to buy my next machine from them.

Definitely cancel and get one from Sara at PPS. You might get the one I ordered, since I traded my IMDN for MBr instead. The only downside, Bublehead, is that you won't be able to complain anymore!

#4663 5 years ago

Also. In case it hasn’t been talked about. While on a monster character, if the “launch ball” button is blinking, hit it! You get a shot on the monster!!

#4664 5 years ago
Quoted from Halfwasted:

I would rather them take their time with my LE and make it as best as they can get it, than rush out a game with issues.
Keep up the good work CGC!

I got my Cliffy package today for MBLE and Munsters LE and I'm still patiently waiting to hear on MBLE.

#4665 5 years ago
Quoted from Higloss67:

Call Game Exchange of Colorado, talk to JJ. Always delivered as promised.
MMr, AFMRe, MBRse

If that works to get an MBr LE before me, I'll be pissed. I'm #8 in line there as of today, according to JJ.

SE - sure, those seem to be around and available to some extent.

#4666 5 years ago

If I use the numbers I have been given, the production rate for LE’s is less than 10 a week... so who knows where they are on production schedule or if the numbers were accurate because that sounds way too low.

#4667 5 years ago
Quoted from JFink8222:

Anyone know when the lightening bolt up by the pop bumpers is supposed to light? Mine doesn’t ever seem to turn on

I've noticed this as well. Don't believe I've ever seen it illuminated on mine.

#4668 5 years ago

Bublehead, people posted 70 games a week

That sounded really high compared to the deliveries.

I think your closer with 10 shipped LEs a week

#4669 5 years ago
Quoted from ChiroCop:

I've noticed this as well. Don't believe I've ever seen it illuminated on mine.

I'm pretty sure this lights when you get Mummy Jets (aka super jets). I believe it's 60 hits.

#4670 5 years ago
Quoted from Londonpinball:

Bublehead, people posted 70 games a week
That sounded really high compared to the deliveries.
I think your closer with 10 shipped LEs a week

Well the big confusing thing to all of this is that the actual machine production of all models could be as high as 70 per week, with just not a lot of LE’s included in the mix. Who knows?

#4671 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Well the big confusing thing to all of this is that the actual machine production of all models could be as high as 70 per week, with just not a lot of LE’s included in the mix. Who knows?

Would be interesting to know how many of each have been built at this point.

#4672 5 years ago

Here's an update for all the "internationals"..... but this could also explain whats happening with the US games.... I made my deposit in November. I was told in January when I contacted CGC for the first time that they are scheduled for production during Feb..... here comes April. Whenever they do make it to Europe, I'll still have 4-6 weeks til It arrives in Tel-Aviv. Thankfully I am in no rush and looking forward to a flawless, beautiful piece, like most seem to have received lately.

mbrle (resized).jpgmbrle (resized).jpg
#4673 5 years ago

I have a feeling this might be the last games from CGC at this price point or with this level of detail. They have to be losing money if they are seriously having that bad QC on the pf printings.

#4674 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I have a feeling this might be the last games from CGC at this price point or with this level of detail. They have to be losing money if they are seriously having that bad QC on the pf printings.

Or maybe not. MB might be the most difficult playfield to screen of all time. It's all easier and more efficient from here..

#4675 5 years ago
Quoted from cheshirefilms:

Or maybe not. MB might be the most difficult playfield to screen of all time. It's all easier and more efficient from here..

How could that possibly be? There’s tons of blank “blue” space on the PF and the characters aren’t that complex. (Guessing) I don’t think it even used that many colors

#4676 5 years ago
Quoted from JFink8222:

Saw several questions like this and comments on strategy. If you're new to the game -- READ THIS
http://pinball.org/rules/monsterbash.txt
There is one for other games too. It tells you all the modes and strategies and what each feature does, etc. Really helped me when first got MM to understand play strategy. With MB it helps cut through the learning by trial and error.

#4677 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

How could that possibly be? There’s tons of blank “blue” space on the PF and the characters aren’t that complex. (Guessing) I don’t think it even used that many colors

I forgot the exact number but the layers in the screening process on MB is by far the most of any modern era pin.
The monsters all next to each other on the lower playfield for one, all colored very differently..
If they wanted to do lower quality digital printing, it wouldn't matter-

But the richness of the screen print product, its CGC's calling card-
The last standing manufacturer that makes PFs the old fashioned way..

#4678 5 years ago
Quoted from cheshirefilms:

I forgot the exact number but the layers in the screening process on MB is by far the most of any modern era pin.
The monsters all next to each other on the lower playfield for one, all colored very differently..
If they wanted to do lower quality digital printing, it wouldn't matter-
But the richness of the screen print product, its CGC's calling card-
The last standing manufacturer that makes PFs the old fashioned way..

No kidding? That is kinda cool, actually. Not for CPR, I guess. I’m still waiting to see the CPR digital print option. Hopefully they can get the high quality people are looking for.

#4679 5 years ago

MB playfields have 17 screens, 11 trapped and untrapped colors. The most of any machine I have heard of. Those areas of blue are shades of blue, and there are fonts (not text but a graphics term, google it) and gradients all over the playfield.

Not sure how many of you have done any complex high tech screen printing, but I have done some R&D work screening fighter cockpit nomenclature warning light blanks and making them night vision compatible. We had several stacked screen prints but not 17, and we were using single transparent ink colors, an ir blocker, and a black dead front overspray developed using a paint formula for stealth jet fighter radar absorbing paint. And we had trouble getting 3 layers down without rejects, not 17, but our problem was light leaks, and reflected sunlight not missing text, splotchy gradients due to dust and blocked screens, or smudged artwork due to dragging the squeegee too hard or fast. And then there are all the factors that affect the quality of the image like silk size, ink viscosity, humidity, air quality, curing times, oven curing, UV curing, room temp curing. It can be hard to figure out without an experienced operator giving you pointers. We had two old ladies that had been doing the non-technical interior airline lighting screen printing for years, which was our mainstay money maker. So all those fasten seatbelt signs and lavatory occupied signs. They knew how to sling ink, and it was their expertise that let us be more sucessful with our R&D work.

Hope that helps explain a little of the complexity of the MB screening process.

#4680 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I sure hope not. I bought an AFMr and a MBr... a buddy bought a MMr. The $6k price point is SWEET when compared to Stern Pros and what some of these games have cost in the past couple/few years. I will be buying more as long as they are $6k and games I want. If MMr went to $6k I'd probably buy that one too.

What a great time to like pinball.

#4681 5 years ago

I’m in!!! Just picked it up today. They do a great job of teasing the color screen with the beginning “Monster Bash” in full color. I...must....resist.

4443424F-BDD6-42D3-92BC-F8C5BE826BDE (resized).jpeg4443424F-BDD6-42D3-92BC-F8C5BE826BDE (resized).jpegF450BCFD-9E92-4F5A-B594-9BD50F5EF0ED (resized).jpegF450BCFD-9E92-4F5A-B594-9BD50F5EF0ED (resized).jpeg
#4682 5 years ago
Quoted from Monk:

I...must....resist.

The color upgrade is not cheap but well worth it. Give in and you'll be happy!

#4683 5 years ago

Where can I order the chip from? Does CGC sell it directly.

#4684 5 years ago
Quoted from Monk:

Where can I order the chip from?

Not on the website yet, check with http://www.planetarypinball.com/

LTG : )

#4685 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Not on the website yet, check with http://www.planetarypinball.com/
LTG : )

Thank you. I will.

#4686 5 years ago
Quoted from Monk:

Where can I order the chip from? Does CGC sell it directly.

You can also get it here with free shipping.

https://www.gameroomguys.com/Monster-Bash-HD-Color-Display-Upgrade

#4687 5 years ago

Yes I saw this, but as silly as it sounds, it’s $430+ with everything and that’s just to much.

#4688 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I looked back in this thread and didn't see any other issues posted than the ones on mine? Did I miss some?

#4689 5 years ago

Anyone else have tickets in? Do they update at all?!? I’ve had standing ticket for 96 days and 13 hours and the only one posting on it is me!

#4690 5 years ago

An non-update for those who are also still waiting, and that update is that there has been no update... my distributor said Monday he was going to get me a firm date from CGC, but it’s Wednesday and I have heard nothing from him yet. Right now, I would hate to be a CGC sales rep. Can you imagine the eggshells they have to walk on all day? Every customer call you answer a potential spittle and rage episode waiting to explode in your ear, if it’s not the boss asking why no LE’s have shipped today.

#4691 5 years ago

Yep, same boat here. My promised mid week update was that there is no update.

#4692 5 years ago
Quoted from sprite:

I looked back in this thread and didn't see any other issues posted than the ones on mine? Did I miss some?

I'm referring to their bad playfield rate in production which is really high. (not what goes out to customers)

#4693 5 years ago

I know dimples are part of pinball however after only 45 games I am already seeing a noticeable area around Frank. I dialed down my flipper strength from default to -4 to try and stop the air balls. I have to say the clear coat is not as good as I expected from CGC being this is an LE and they were supposed by a bit above par. I put brand new silver jets in the machine from new and I did notice that the balls have nicks and scratches in them already so not sure where that is coming from at this low a number of plays. Have swapped them out and installed another new set. I did notice the scoop has a couple of rivets in there so is it possible they are damaging the balls upon entry and exit? This is a problem that if the chrome balls are being damaged could chew up the playfield in short order. Is anyone else having the same issue as that is actually more concerning than the dimples for me? I love the game but am almost afraid to play it in fear of really messing up the playfield. Recommendations appreciated.

20190326_193512 (resized).jpg20190326_193512 (resized).jpg
#4694 5 years ago

Play it. All PFs dimple. These threads are as old as this forum. Literally. No one yet has punched through a PF. They all level out and pound to a new flat surface.

#4695 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

MB playfields have 17 screens, 11 trapped and untrapped colors. The most of any machine I have heard of. Those areas of blue are shades of blue, and there are fonts (not text but a graphics term, google it) and gradients all over the playfield.
Not sure how many of you have done any complex high tech screen printing, but I have done some R&D work screening fighter cockpit nomenclature warning light blanks and making them night vision compatible. We had several stacked screen prints but not 17, and we were using single transparent ink colors, an ir blocker, and a black dead front overspray developed using a paint formula for stealth jet fighter radar absorbing paint. And we had trouble getting 3 layers down without rejects, not 17, but our problem was light leaks, and reflected sunlight not missing text, splotchy gradients due to dust and blocked screens, or smudged artwork due to dragging the squeegee too hard or fast. And then there are all the factors that affect the quality of the image like silk size, ink viscosity, humidity, air quality, curing times, oven curing, UV curing, room temp curing. It can be hard to figure out without an experienced operator giving you pointers. We had two old ladies that had been doing the non-technical interior airline lighting screen printing for years, which was our mainstay money maker. So all those fasten seatbelt signs and lavatory occupied signs. They knew how to sling ink, and it was their expertise that let us be more sucessful with our R&D work.
Hope that helps explain a little of the complexity of the MB screening process.

THIS is the reason if you're on the fence I think you should buy a Monster Bash Remake now.

If I'm CGC, I look closely at the bottom line for the game with this playfield expense, now realized, and I definitely could get interested to retire it and move on to the next big title.

I have no view to their books, but I gotta think of all 3 games so far- this has to be the least profitable after one takes into account the licensing and playfield costs.

Medieval Madness is going back into production in the near future. Perhaps they ramp it up and ramp down MB, especially once all the LEs are out the door, before the next game comes on the like. A transition product..

#4696 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

I would hate to be a CGC sales rep. Can you imagine the eggshells they have to walk on all day?

I sent an email last night to Ryan. I am growing impatient.

#4697 5 years ago

I can't speak for CGC but I know when you buy a classicplayfieldreproductions playfield they tell you specifically to let it cure for 30-45 days before playing on it due to the number of clear coats. CGC's reject rate on limited playfields (if true) means there is NO WAY they have cured for any length of time. That by itself is cause for concern.

Quoted from cheshirefilms:THIS is the reason if you're on the fence I think you should buy a Monster Bash Remake now.
If I'm CGC, I look closely at the bottom line for the game with this playfield expense, now realized, and I definitely get interested to retire it and move on to the next big title.
We already know, for one, Medieval is going back into production in the near future. Perhaps they ramp it up and ramp down MB, especially once all the LEs are out the door.

#4698 5 years ago

I can't speak for CGC but I know when you buy a classicplayfieldreproductions playfield they tell you specifically to let it cure for 30-45 days before playing on it due to the number of clear coats. CGC's reject rate on limited playfields (if true) coupled with the mad dash to try to get them out the door probably means they have NOT cured for any length of time. That by itself is cause for concern.

Quoted from gambit3113:

Play it. All PFs dimple. These threads are as old as this forum. Literally. No one yet has punched through a PF. They all level out and pound to a new flat surface.

#4699 5 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

I sent an email last night to Ryan. I am growing impatient.

Sent my distributor an email and left Ryan a message on Monday too. So far? An acknowledgement by the distributor and then Crickets...

#4700 5 years ago
Quoted from cmelbye:

I can't speak for CGC but I know when you buy a classicplayfieldreproductions playfield they tell you specifically to let it cure for 30-45 days before playing on it due to the number of clear coats. CGC's reject rate on limited playfields (if true) means there is NO WAY they have cured for any length of time. That by itself is cause for concern.

I can’t speak about what CGC does for their process, but this is a very very good idea. Clear takes a long time to fully cure, even when it feels hard on the surface, that’s just the very top layer of molecules - the underlying layers are still not hardened. This applies to every coat they lay down. If you play on it too early, those dimples will be pushed into the clear layer forever, vs if you wait, you see far less.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
$ 210.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods
Decals
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Mt. Juliet, TN
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz
Decals
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 24.99
Playfield - Plastics
Pinhead mods
Plastics
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Decals
$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 9,324 posts in this topic. You are on page 94 of 187.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-remake-mbr-owners-club/page/94 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.