(Topic ID: 222461)

Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)

By MrSanRamon

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,324 posts
  • 731 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by KidDynamite
  • Topic is favorited by 277 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)”

• I'm in on a CE 77 votes
    9%
  • I'm in on a SE 172 votes
    21%
  • I'm in on a LE 396 votes
    48%
  • I'm out for now 182 votes
    22%

(827 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wire switch 2 (resized).jpg
R orbit switch (resized).jpg
IMG_4951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4943 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0464 (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
IMG_3190 (resized).jpeg
Wolfman (resized).jpg
IMG_2467 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4014 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231111_165525077 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20231112-165133 (resized).png
20231110_123120 (resized).jpg
20231105_122730 (resized).jpg
94B393B7-CB09-4AFB-A166-CF0EC7F7F9A0 (resized).jpeg
3D150F78-A1C1-4B31-A9FA-00031163D7C1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 9,324 posts in this topic. You are on page 90 of 187.
#4451 5 years ago

Beautiful coin doors.. bet thsts not a cheap mod... 400-600?

#4452 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Beautiful coin doors.. bet thsts not a cheap mod... 400-600?

A lot less then that.
I can ask him about doing others if you’re really interested. I know he enjoys this stuff.

#4453 5 years ago
Quoted from TheBigDog:

A lot less then that.
I can ask him about doing others if you’re really interested. I know he enjoys this stuff.

Nice.. I've priced similar jobs and 400-600 was the estimate. Is yours clearcoated for protection.?

#4454 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Nice.. I've priced similar jobs and 400-600 was the estimate. Is yours clearcoated for protection.?

It has a cleacoat like finish, so probably. I can tell it would be really hard to chip or scratch.

#4455 5 years ago
Quoted from TheBigDog:

A lot less then that.

I'd love to get my MBRLE and AFMRLE done ...

#4456 5 years ago

Nicely done that guy has some real talent. I think I actually like the scared stiff one the best

#4457 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Yeah... I don't know if I'll be able to get the blooming thing adjusted correctly... Just a real pain in the rear right now.
Hate it so much. I tried the screws as I said... Am I to just blindly twist and check, twist and check...
There is no way to tell which way to go, and when to stop. Just a garbage design I think.

I see I'm not the only one with lockdown bar issues. I have the same problem. Takes me about 10 minutes to get it halfway secured. I've taken it on/off about a dozen times since I got it. All the wear/tear would lead you to believe it's off a MB Original.

#4458 5 years ago

...Day 147... “I have not yet begun to fight!”

Very TL;DR, but arent most of my posts?

I spent most of the day today in a deep mental fog, my wits somewhat scattered about me as I careened randomly off things in my make shift shelter like a half flipped ramp shot that had bounced off one too many posts on it’s way to the outlane. The disturbing news of my distributors untimely demise weighed heavy on my conscience and I needed some kind of distraction to clear my mind. Perhaps, I pondered, a quick game of pinball might fill the void?

Upon reaching the pin shed, I quickly unlocked the heavy corroded logging chain that protected the precious and rare equipment that lay within. Pushing open the heavy wood doors, a cool chill of still cold night air made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I reached for a small torch that I keep next to doors and turned it on, shutting the big doors quickly behind me to save as much of the coolness as possible.

Placing the torch in my lips, I walked over to a pile of rusty jerry cans and began the painful process of finding enough petrol to run the generator, and if I was lucky, long enough to play a whole game. The first five cans had little left in them save a couple of teaspoons of dark, rusty orange dregs that I ran through a pair of old pantyhose into a Mason jar. The next jerry can was more promising, the sloshing sounds and shifting weight guaranteeing at least a cup, maybe more.

I continued emptying them, one by one, as the rusty reddish remnants of every gas and petrol tank I could find within a 3 day walk radius of my shelter slowly filled my collecting jar. With each dribble, the meniscus rose but a tiny fraction, till the last can gave up it’s final drop. I placed the lid on the jar and quickly turned off my light to save its charge. From here, everything was done by touch , feel, and sound.

My shed was well insulated, the walls were a foot thick, with three layers of insulation that I had collected during the Great Glass Glut of 2018. Unfortunately, it has no windows, but that was a security decision made after the totally less than devastating break-in last year. I lost two perfectly good Johnny Pneumonic machines to the pin-yotes, and boy was I never happier either to see the last of those two turd brothers. Really dodged a bullet on the Winkle-Vi twins, but I digress...

I fumbled over to the generator, the liquid gold of my Mason jar splashing quietly back and forth as I cradled it in my arms like a mother holding her new born child. “I know where everything is in here by memory”, I thought to myself, when my left shin suddenly connected to an immovable object. A loud expletive formed in my throat and I felt my lips curling to shape the biggest F bomb I had launched into in recent memory when it was cut short by a sudden realization that changed my “Fox’s favorite Trump-face” moment into a mask of pure horror... the Mason jar was no longer in my hands.

There were a couple of other things happening at this time as well, the details of which are a bit sketchy, but they first centered mainly on that amazing feeling of weightlessness as your entire body is thrown forward and you are hurled blindly in the dark, face first, to greet the second immobile object now in your path.

But that was the rub... I had no clue what direction I was hurling in except I was pretty sure I was taking the “trip” fairly calmly knowing my kisser was taking the lead, and possibly, one for the team. I mean, just what had my shin hit in the first place, and just exactly what was my face about to get chummy with?

It was at this junction in my thought processes when a klaxon of dread and alarm filled my chest, pushing the feelings of sudden unexpected flight out with a huge dose of panic. You might think I had figured out my mid-aerial location and ultimate destination, like Hello Mr. Toolbox, meet Bublehead’s cranium, or Hi, Mr. Shooter Rod, have you met Bublehead’s right eye? and you would be absolutely wrong.

Remember Mr. Mason Jar? I will go as far as saying, right about then, my brain was wrapped around one thought and one thought only. Did he even have a chance?

Did I, an unexpected aerial acrobatic, fat, off balanced, headed for a stay in traction, this is going to hurt, did I leave the stove on?, will Bob marry Nancy?, does Coke taste better than Pepsi?, did I renew my health insurance?, can dogs and cats really live happily together?, former Jr. high school football playing, couldn’t catch something if you handed it to me, sports team drop-out have the mental capacity to calculate, in real time, all the possible trajectories of poor Mr. Jar, and fashion a plan to save his life?

Kah-boosh! “F*ck! My eye!”

Nope.

#4460 5 years ago

It’s ok, Bublehead. This is coming...eventually.

4584AF74-8885-497A-9D1A-5A495A7AB00F (resized).jpeg4584AF74-8885-497A-9D1A-5A495A7AB00F (resized).jpeg
#4461 5 years ago
Quoted from ChiroCop:

I see I'm not the only one with lockdown bar issues. I have the same problem. Takes me about 10 minutes to get it halfway secured. I've taken it on/off about a dozen times since I got it. All the wear/tear would lead you to believe it's off a MB Original.

You can adjust the bracket on the cabinet to make it work better.

#4462 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Same here -i hate the new Stern lockbars.
they do a good job of locking the glass down (until QC starts to be a problem), but they are a huge PITA to get on and off

I like Stern's design. It's simple, doesn't need adjustment, and you can put the lockdown bar fully in-place without moving the spring-loaded lever.

30 years from now if people are trying to refurb a Ghostbusters, a trip to the hardware store will be all that's required to seat its lockdown bar properly.

#4463 5 years ago

For those who may have been AWOL from this thread, let me fill you in...

I ordered a MBrLE on October 19, 2018, while at Expo, 3 minutes after my distributor opened up taking orders.

6 months roll by...

Bublehead is reduced to a quivering pile of batha poo-doo as he waits, somewhat impatiently, for delivery of his non-number matched LE.

To cope with his Macrophobic induced anxiety, he starts writing a comedic daily adventure of his waiting exploits...

This is what you have stumbled upon. This is the meat-stuff of a man, a simple, average pin-head, forced to wait on the Christmas gift he purchased for himself in 2018 and has yet to receive. It is pointless to complain on here, it falls on deaf ears. So I figure, lets fill the void with silliness and humor, because if I didn’t, I fear I would be reduced to sitting in a corner, thumb and blankie in mouth and hand, crying softly into the flanel.

This is just how I cope...

#4464 5 years ago
Quoted from CKrueger:

I like Stern's design. It's simple, doesn't need adjustment, and you can put the lockdown bar fully in-place without moving the spring-loaded lever.
30 years from now if people are trying to refurb a Ghostbusters, a trip to the hardware store will be all that's required to seat its lockdown bar properly.

Fair point - all true. But I still don’t like it

#4465 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Fair point - all true. But I still don’t like it

At first I didn't like it either; however now I find them pretty nice....simple and pretty practical.

#4466 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

For those who may have been AWOL from this thread, let me fill you in...
I ordered a MBrLE on October 19, 2018, while at Expo, 3 minutes after my distributor opened up taking orders.
6 months roll by...
Bublehead is reduced to a quivering pile of batha poo-doo as he waits, somewhat impatiently, for delivery of his non-number matched LE.
To cope with his Macrophobic induced anxiety, he starts writing a comedic daily adventure of his waiting exploits...
This is what you have stumbled upon. This is the meat-stuff of a man, a simple, average pin-head, forced to wait on the Christmas gift he purchased for himself in 2018 and has yet to receive. It is pointless to complain on here, it falls on deaf ears. So I figure, lets fill the void with silliness and humor, because if I didn’t, I fear I would be reduced to sitting in a corner, thumb and blankie in mouth and hand, crying softly into the flanel.
This is just how I cope...

Ah, paragraphs - so much easier to read

#4467 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Ah, paragraphs - so much easier to read

The paragraph trolls are nipping at my Achilles tendons... Ok, let me reformat that... one second...

Ok, maybe that will help?

#4468 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

The paragraph trolls are nipping at my Achilles tendons... Ok, let me reformat that... one second...
Ok, maybe will help?

It looks so much longer now.

#4469 5 years ago
Quoted from Monk:

It looks so much longer now.

Unless it is technical or informative, if it is over 5 lines long I skip it. Much less headache that way.

#4470 5 years ago

On a serious note, and in keeping with my current displeasure with CGC’s delivery schedule slips, I have to ask Doug_Duba or CGC-Ryan or @cgc_dougs, how do you want to handle all the MBrLE customers heading for Texas Pinball Fest with no Monster Bashes in their possession, and all the negative word of mouth that that is guaranteed to generate?

At Expo, your representatives gave me all kinds of “feel good and no worries” rhetoric that has stayed my hand and tongue somewhat, but I don’t think I can walk around TPF as a 6’4” talking billboard, praising the accomplishments of CGC and their abilities to deliver to any type of promised schedule after waiting 3 months BEYOND my “estimated” delivery date. If someone asks me, I will straight up tell them my experience, and I will not feel bad doing it at this point.

And yeah, to all those that are going to rush to their defense, we all know pinball is hard, and yeah this is not the longest people have had to wait, but promises given are promises broken. And right now they are what they are.

I am a paid in full, ordered on the first day, MBrLE customer that is pretty much at his limits of waiting. I know this is not a popular position, and this will get me about 30 to 40 downvotes, but my up down ratio needs some help... its almost back up to 70% possitive.

#4471 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Much less headache that way.

You sir, are a genius. I wish more people would do exactly what you do. And, no, this is not sarcasm. Why do people feel they have to read my tomes and then complain when a couple of thumb flips is all it takes to move on by? Or block or ignore me, thats even easier.

#4472 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

On a serious note, and in keeping with my current displeasure with CGC’s delivery schedule slips, I have to ask doug_duba or cgc-ryan or cgc_dougs, how do you want to handle all the MBrLE customers heading for Texas Pinball Fest with no Monster Bashes in their possession, and all the negative word of mouth that that is guaranteed to generate?
At Expo, your representatives gave me all kinds of “feel good and no worries” rhetoric that has stayed my hand and tongue somewhat, but I don’t think I can walk around TPF as a 6’4” talking billboard, praising the accomplishments of CGC and their abilities to deliver to any type of promised schedule after waiting 3 months BEYOND my “estimated” delivery date. If someone asks me, I will straight up tell them my experience, and I will not feel bad doing it at this point.
And yeah, to all those that are going to rush to their defense, we all know pinball is hard, and yeah this is not the longest people have had to wait, but promises given are promises broken. And right now they are what they are.
I am a paid in full, ordered on the first day, MBrLE customer that is pretty much at his limits of waiting. I know this is not a popular position, and this will get me about 30 to 40 downvotes, but my up down ratio needs some help... its almost back up to 70% possitive.

I can bring torches and pitchforks for the discussion...

#4473 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

On a serious note, and in keeping with my current displeasure with CGC’s delivery schedule slips, I have to ask doug_duba or cgc-ryan or cgc_dougs, how do you want to handle all the MBrLE customers heading for Texas Pinball Fest with no Monster Bashes in their possession, and all the negative word of mouth that that is guaranteed to generate?

I've seen movie several times with CGC...they make a great product, but they are always behind on delivery....I'm a bit surprised you actually paid in full on day 1....why would u do that? Its one thing to have $1000 out there doing nothing, but $8300 is friggin painful....I can see why u would be frustrated...

#4474 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Can you ask them where mine is as well?

#4475 5 years ago

Just got word my pre-order for the next run of MMR's has been bumped from April to June. Assume they will be cranking out MBR's until at least then.

#4476 5 years ago

I waited awhile for my afmr but I only had my initial deposit wrapped up for most of that time. Does seem to be how CGC operates. I know people waited for MMr too.

#4477 5 years ago

I ordered October 21. Still waiting here as well. I try not to think about it. I'm a CPA and its tax season so I pretty much work every day anyway until April 15th.

#4478 5 years ago

OT: I wonder when MMr standard with large display is going to be relaeased?

#4479 5 years ago

The lesson here is...don't put down all the money. I agree that is painful and not a fun time. On the other hand..pre-orders are always susceptable to falling behind..sometimes years. :/

#4480 5 years ago

Non-matched, deposit only at end of November guy here. Was just told I should be in the next batch (not this week)...so, I am hoping folks like bubbles there are about to get some very good news.

My first machine. Given recent discussions I am all terrified about my lockdown bar. Should be interesting.

#4481 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

I think it's a fair thing to raise. Dealer has had my deposit for a long time also and no idea when it arrive.

#4482 5 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Non-matched, deposit only at end of November guy here. Was just told I should be in the next batch (not this week)...so, I am hoping folks like bubbles there are about to get some very good news.
My first machine. Given recent discussions I am all terrified about my lockdown bar. Should be interesting.

LOL don’t worry! It will come! The lockdown bar has been grossly over exaggerated !

#4483 5 years ago

Ok, I had a personal talk with @cgc-ryan this morning, and I want to thank him, @cgc_dougs, and CGC for reaching out (again) to us MBrLE waitees. Quality. It’s all about the quality. They have a reputation for it, for delivering it, and they are trying to maintain it. And, he said screen printing for a collectors market is the hardest part of pinball.

He shared the issues they are having and the reason why 17 screens, 11 spot colors and lack of availability of qualified screen printers (I read this as someone who has dragged a squeegee for a living for 10+ years and isn’t just a t-shirt jockey) has really put a wrench in the cogs.

These are old school screened playfields, they are using the best material, the best personel they can find, and they are working them as hard as you could reasonably ask them to. (50 hours a week!)

I asked him if we could opt for a lesser grade playfield, like send me pictures and let me decide if it is “good enough” for me, he said he would rather not ship out a playfield that doesnt meet their standards of quality, so no. He said they want it to be as good as it gets, right out of the box, not after shipping you a drop in replacement playfield for a loss. Now that was the statement that changed my mind to continue to wait, because I was litterally offering to let him off the hook, and he jumped right back on it like a ravenous dog on raw meat. I respect that.

The update he gave was pretty brutal, his reject rate is astronomical, and he said if he was being honest, my wait is not over, but the light at the end of the tunnel is not the on-coming train, but just my MBrLE a little ways off in the delivery distance.

Looking forward to a pint with Ryan at TPF. BH

#4484 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Ok, I had a personal talk with @cgc-ryan this morning, and I want to thank him, @cgc_dougs, and CGC for reaching out (again) to us MBrLE waitees. Quality. It’s all about the quality. They have a reputation for it, for delivering it, and they are trying to maintain it. And, he said screen printing for a collectors market is the hardest part of pinball.
He shared the issues they are having and the reason why 17 screens, 11 spot colors and lack of availability of qualified screen printers (I read this as someone who has dragged a squeegee for a living for 10+ years and isn’t just a t-shirt jockey) has really put a wrench in the cogs.
These are old school screened playfields, they are using the best material, the best personel they can find, and they are working them as hard as you could reasonably ask them to. (50 hours a week!)
I asked him if we could opt for a lesser grade playfield, like send me pictures and let me decide if it is “good enough” for me, he said he would rather not ship out a playfield that doesnt meet their standards of quality, so no. He said they want it to be as good as it gets, right out of the box, not after shipping you a drop in replacement playfield for a loss. Now that was the statement that changed my mind to continue to wait, because I was litterally offering to let him off the hook, and he jumped right back on it like a ravenous dog on raw meat. I respect that.
The update he gave was pretty brutal, his reject rate is astronomical, and he said if he was being honest, my wait is not over, but the light at the end of the tunnel is not the on-coming train, but just my MBrLE a little ways off in the delivery distance.

Thanks for the update. This is great on CGC’s part to want to keep their quality level consistently high - it’s tough to maintain. I can only imagine MBr was an even bigger hit than AFMR and MMr, which is why they are having such major supply problems

#4485 5 years ago

Yuk.. feel for you having all that money tied up.. I keep hearing same from my distributor.. "next batch".. obviously no batches are coming out.. for a while?

#4486 5 years ago

For the new owners of their first machine, the fear of the lockbar is common amongst all of you. First off, realize, the lockbar on the old machines was made to keep people out of the machine, keep the coins safe, and it was built to require a crow bar to pry it off. When adjusted and installed correctly you can stand on it without breaking the glass. If you are having issues getting your lockdown bar to seat and engage properly, remember, a rubber mallet goes a long way to smack one down and get it to engage. Don’t usually need one, but a good smack, front to back with the palm usually works wonders. The cabinet locking lever is designed to keep the lockdown bar, the playfield hangers and the cabinet end all locked in as one piece so someone trying to get to the coin box has to get a hatchet or crowbar to be successful.

These things are pretty tough, and can take a little man handling. Don’t fear your machine, just tell it who is boss.

#4487 5 years ago

Making good progress! Just finished the full size test

F59A1B9F-8F13-4A5E-8A47-2B9ED3FAE4FD (resized).jpegF59A1B9F-8F13-4A5E-8A47-2B9ED3FAE4FD (resized).jpeg
#4488 5 years ago

I feel bad for you guys, especially Bublehead who has to resort to making these posts to waste the time. When it shows up, it's going to be glorious.

I received my SE the last week of November? Maybe 1st week of December? I've had it so long that I don't remember what life was like without it. I couldn't imagine waiting this long for a game that everyone else seems to be enjoying.

#4489 5 years ago

Wow, lots of reasons your games are late.

“Maybe” labour rates for pinball factories need to increase to meet production demands.

When the economy is doing well you need to offer more money to attract employees.

I never eat the BS about labour shortages.

#4490 5 years ago

CGC’s problem is finding qualified ink slingers who have experience with an art that is being replaced by digital DTS printers. Nobody would try to screen print these things if they diddn’t want to be true to the original Williams machine and process. This is worth waiting for is really what they want us to understand.

#4491 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Did he say what they are doing with all the reject playfields? Sanding down and re-screening?

#4492 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I can see why u would be frustrated...

I only had $1000 in it until my distributor asked for full payment just over 2 weeks ago. My biggest worry was there was not a lot of unboxing posts of new unmatched LE’s lately, so I wanted to know where are our games? They reached out, the appologized, they explained.

#4493 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

I only had $1000 in it until my distributor asked for full payment just over 2 weeks ago. My biggest worry was there was not a lot of unboxing posts of new unmatched LE’s lately, so I wanted to know where are our games? They reached out, the appologized, they explained.

In your earlier post it really sounded like you paid in full back in October.

#4494 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Making good progress! Just finished the full size test
[quoted image]

Man. That is looking cool...

I never really liked toppers. Until I saw MBr LE topper. And then when I got it and running in my house. I totally have the topper fever. I think I will be creating a custom topper for all my pins. I did just buy one for my maiden... But, I might buy the Aces High one as well.
I thought they were unnecessary... And they are... But, they're cool and they can add a nice light show.

Can't wait to see your finished product. I hope you might consider putting up a tutorial. As I don't see a lot of those online. And I think it could be a fun source of modding. As I don't think I want to do full restorations or rethemes... But, making a topper might be more my speed.

#4495 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

I hope you get your pin soon. Sorry But I don't feel as bad for you as much as I did before.
I waited over two months for my MMRLE, AFMLE & MBRLE after paid in full.
Many waited 2 years for the MMRLE. I still feel bad for anyone that has not got their game yet.
I too don't like being told it will ship by x date and after all the money is in their hands the date changes.
But I also come from a company that fabricates what we sale and stuff happens and dates change.
I think you'll be happy when it comes in. The games are great and I'll likely be in on game #4.

#4496 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Man. That is looking cool...
I never really liked toppers. Until I saw MBr LE topper. And then when I got it and running in my house. I totally have the topper fever. I think I will be creating a custom topper for all my pins. I did just buy one for my maiden... But, I might buy the Aces High one as well.
I thought they were unnecessary... And they are... But, they're cool and they can add a nice light show.
Can't wait to see your finished product. I hope you might consider putting up a tutorial. As I don't see a lot of those online. And I think it could be a fun source of modding. As I don't think I want to do full restorations or rethemes... But, making a topper might be more my speed.

Hey thanks! I don’t normally go crazy like this but I’m super into the Universal monsters, and mostly this is just an excuse to have a little hands-on project going at the house.

I wanted an excuse to get into 3D modelling, so between this and my kid’s Halloween /comic-con costume (see photo), we’ve been busy!

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#4497 5 years ago

I have read a few threads about clear coating playfield and it sounds like it takes a considerable amount of time to get it dry / usable for reassembly. Does anyone know how long it takes for them to lay down the graphics, clear coat and have a playfield ready to hit the assembly line?
Looking for perspective on things how long did it take Bally to pump out 20k plus of TAF?
I finally saw the MBRle at a local brew house last weekend and it is beautiful. I keep telling myself that the SE was the way to go, but damn that topper and bling are really something else!

#4498 5 years ago

My LE finally shipped and I picked it up last Thursday. I got it setup and it looked great. Played four games on it and the right flipper got stuck. The plastic interrupter on the flipper opto had broken. On the positive side, since I couldn’t play it I installed Franks table and plastic protectors from Mezel Mods, plus rings from Titan. God knows when I would’ve put them on if the game was playable.

I started a trouble ticket the next day. Within 45 minutes I had a response apologizing for the issue with the promise a replacement part would be sent out Monday. Problems happen, it’s how a business deals with them that shows you how good they are.
DF5986DF-F40F-4D05-9671-324EB5CEF8DB.jpegDF5986DF-F40F-4D05-9671-324EB5CEF8DB.jpeg

#4499 5 years ago
Quoted from aztarac:

Did he say what they are doing with all the reject playfields? Sanding down and re-screening?

No, but he did mention they know all about the types of playfield wood everyone is using, and that the wood they use is a higher quality than the others, that they are actually hand screened by 2 highly experienced workers putting out 30 to 40 playfields a day working 50 hours a week, that his clear coat they are using was more like original Diamond Plate and so is better than other clear coats because it more flexible, and that his reject rate was 40%. So I would expect they are rescreening them or selling them in CE’s to distributors for the operator market, otherwise a 40% reject rate is a lot of money in time, wood, and ink to waste on chucking them out.

He also was tight lipped on future titles, what their next #4 title will be.

But the one interesting thing I noticed that he did take a big shine to was when I encoraged the possibility of an original title from them soon. The toungue biting was almost audible, and he said there are great things coming _____ and that he cant wait to share them with us ______. Ok he held the line like I expected, but his enthusiasm filled in some of the blanks for me. I do not know why the words “soon” or “later this year” felt like they were missing when he said that phrase, but they sure seemed like it to me.

#4500 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

No, but he did mention they know all about the types of playfield wood everyone is using, and that the wood they use is a higher quality than the others, that they are actually hand screened by 2 highly experienced workers putting out 30 to 40 playfields a day working 50 hours a week, that his clear coat they are using was more like original Diamond Plate and so is better than other clear coats because it more flexible, and that his reject rate was 40%. So I would expect they are rescreening them or selling them in CE’s to distributors for the operator market, otherwise a 40% reject rate is a lot of money in time, wood, and ink to waste on chucking them out.
He also was tight lipped on future titles, what their next #4 title will be.
But the one interesting thing I noticed that he did take a big shine to was when I encoraged the possibility of an original title from them soon. The toungue biting was almost audible, and he said there are great things coming ____ and that he cant wait to share them with us _____. Ok he held the line like I expected, but his enthusiasm filled in some of the blanks for me. I do not know why the words “soon” or “later this year” felt like they were missing when he said that phrase, but they sure seemed like it to me.

Is all of this information and quality control only for the LEs or are they doing this for all of the models?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
There are 9,324 posts in this topic. You are on page 90 of 187.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-remake-mbr-owners-club/page/90?hl=diospinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.