(Topic ID: 222461)

Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)

By MrSanRamon

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,332 posts
  • 732 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 45 hours ago by KingMixer
  • Topic is favorited by 277 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)”

• I'm in on a CE 77 votes
    9%
  • I'm in on a SE 172 votes
    21%
  • I'm in on a LE 396 votes
    48%
  • I'm out for now 182 votes
    22%

(827 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wire switch 2 (resized).jpg
R orbit switch (resized).jpg
IMG_4951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4943 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0464 (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
IMG_3190 (resized).jpeg
Wolfman (resized).jpg
IMG_2467 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4014 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231111_165525077 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20231112-165133 (resized).png
20231110_123120 (resized).jpg
20231105_122730 (resized).jpg
94B393B7-CB09-4AFB-A166-CF0EC7F7F9A0 (resized).jpeg
3D150F78-A1C1-4B31-A9FA-00031163D7C1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 9,332 posts in this topic. You are on page 88 of 187.
#4351 5 years ago
Quoted from Ben1981:

can't flip it but better than nothing

Agree I always stock up on everything before a game arrives. That way as soon as I get it I can dig in and start adding mods, re-rubber etc.

#4352 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

You have the plumb bob low and perfectly centered in the ring ?
LTG : )

I think I have it right?

469E2A85-1002-4F32-80E2-BD6036F6CD09 (resized).jpeg469E2A85-1002-4F32-80E2-BD6036F6CD09 (resized).jpeg
#4353 5 years ago
20190314_200540 (resized).jpg20190314_200540 (resized).jpg
#4354 5 years ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

I think I have it right?

Yes, looks good.

Legs on tight ? Leg levelers nuts on tight ?

Then that is as good as it gets. Some games do tilt easier than others. Increase warnings or disconnect it.

#4355 5 years ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

Anybody else experiencing quick tilts? I barely get a warning and I am tilted

That's the way it should be, "you shake it you break it", real men don't shake it!!!

#4356 5 years ago

This is going to sound stupid, but trust me and hang with me on this, what kind of surface are you sitting the machine on?

The reason I ask is that I was playing in a tornament last week, thought, damn this tilt is hair trigger. I open the coin door to take a look, and it looks just like yours.

Culprit? Tile floor. The machine had walked the “light leg” onto a lower tile, but would seriously tilt out if you man handled it at all. The “light leg” is the leg carring the least amount of weight, and differs depending on what is in the coin box, if it has a warped cabinet, or warped playfields that have been neuralized by leg levelers, etc...

The difference may not even be noticeable until you actually start man handling the machine, but boy does that tilt bob love it. The impulse felt by the bob due to just a fraction of tilt due to the unlevel surface gave me a til-til-tilt. And I didnt feel the cabinet move.

If that isnt your problem, and you still get tilts, put your phone on record, tape it inside the cabinet pointing at the bob and play a few balls. Now look at how it swung when it tilts. No ring strikes? You may have an intermitent ground or short.

Good luck either way. Hope this helped.

#4357 5 years ago
Quoted from tomtest:

That's the way it should be, "you shake it you break it", real men don't shake it!!!

A real pro can shake it without breaking
any physical part and redirect the silver ball to his intended target and not the balls own determination.

#4358 5 years ago

Got a LE getting delivered soon just checking in to see recent deliveries ?
Everyone Happy ?

#4359 5 years ago

Just got a call this evening from my distributor for final payment on MB R LE. I should have it by the end of next week. If that holds true it took exactly 6 months from when I reserved it.

#4360 5 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Everyone Happy ?

Ha ha ha <sob> <sob>

Sorry, sniff, but no, but, sniff-sniff, I am happy for ya man...

#4361 5 years ago

I don't even set up the tilt. What's the point?

#4362 5 years ago
Quoted from vwallat99:

I don't even set up the tilt. What's the point?

Without an unbiased referee, we would all cheat. At least I would. Be honest, you would too...

#4363 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Without an unbiased referee, we would all cheat. At least I would. Be honest, you would too...

I don't try and beat on my machines that much. Just a little nudge here and there. I just hate getting a ball stuck every now and then , not being able to shake it out sucks.

#4364 5 years ago
Quoted from vwallat99:

I don't try and beat on my machines that much. Just a little nudge here and there. I just hate getting a ball stuck every now and then , not being able to shake it out sucks.

Actually, I can relate. But it has to be an epic game I am having to make me take off the glass.

#4365 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

I wouldn't.

I'd hate to think I'd have to cheat to do as bad as I do.

#4366 5 years ago

...Day 145... while sitting crouched under a small outcropping of rock, trying desperately to keep my already sun-baked extremities under the limited amount of shade they offered, I happened to catch a glint of light refracting off the windsheild of what appeared to be large, semi tractor trailer approaching from the north... “Hmmm...” I muttered to myself, and slid from under the rocks. The smoke from the Diesel engine filled the sky with a dark, black stream of exhaust as the chrome and red paint gleemed in the hot Arizona sun. Dust clouds rolled behind the mighty rig and the ground began to tremble ever so slightly as it thundered down the parched county road, getting ever closer with each raspy, ragged breath I took. This seems promising, I thought to myself. My feet kicked up tiny brown swirls of road dust as I dragged them, one over the other in my attempt to bring myself closer to the on-comming spectacle. “This is it”, I muttered. “This is what I have been anxiously waiting for... it is finally here!...” I finally screamed at the sky, the sun, the scorpions, the road runners, the coyotes, and anyone else within a stones throw of my voice willing to listen. In a fierce, hot blast of wind, the semi screeched to a stop right in front of me, gravel skittering from it’s giant tires and landing on the tops of my desert-worn boots. The driver, his deep suntanned arm reaching out the window and unlatching his door from the outside, slid from the cab of the truck like a new born calf falling from it’s mother’s womb. “Howdy, there, partner... you the guy who ordered 48 cases of the “Slap Chop” vegtable chopper?” I simply laid down on the cracked and dried up ground, took one last long look at this Earth, and died...

#4367 5 years ago

Anyone got a reply from CGC regarding their tickets for the side decal cracks? Mine's been open over a month and haven't heard anything other than give us a couple days.

#4368 5 years ago
Quoted from Joker2Wild:

Anyone got a reply from CGC regarding their tickets for the side decal cracks? Mine's been open over a month and haven't heard anything other than give us a couple days.

Go back to your ticket and ask. That will bring it back up again.

#4369 5 years ago

Okay. I have only had my MBR for a week and I am already having problems. My right flipper is weak (about half strenght of the left flipper) and sometimes stays up when flipped. It always comes back down when left flipper is activated. I tried looking underneath at it to see if anything was loose or bounded up but all looks fine.

Any ideas anyone? Might have to open a ticket soon if I can't figure what the heck is going on here. Grrrrr!

#4370 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

...Day 145... I simply laid down on the cracked and dried up ground, took one last long look at this Earth, and died...

Oh no, Bublehead is dead! How did he write this? I guess his MBr goes to the next in line.

#4371 5 years ago

I hope he's not dead. Not to be an asshole but I've thoroughly enjoyed his daily updates. Way too entertaining lol

#4372 5 years ago

Swap flipper button opto boards left and right and see if problem moves or goes away. Sounds like the interrupter isn't opening and closing good.

#4373 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

isn't opening and closing good

Or well. You have my permission to down vote this LTG because this is a total knee jerk, emphasis on jerk, reaction and total dick maneuver. Unfortunately my wife has me "trained" to correct my English and so, I must fight the well, uh, I mean good fight else I backslide into my own good ways. And yes, my wife was an English major in college so I asked for it willingly I guess.

#4374 5 years ago

Not only is Bublehead back from the dead, he has been reincarnated as our worst nightmare English teacher! Just played some MBrLE. One of the most beautiful pins I’ve owned, and it shoots incredibly well. Love it!

#4375 5 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Just played some MBrLE

Oh, it burns us, it burns us!! Mean, nasty, tricksy hobbits... playing MBrLE’s and havings funsies when we’s have none...

#4376 5 years ago

Before and After PDI glass installed in my Special Edition You can't even see the ramp and the monsters through the blurr of the regular glass..the difference is like night and day.

IMG_20190316_095546 (resized).jpgIMG_20190316_095546 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20190316_104052 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20190316_104052 (resized).jpg

#4377 5 years ago

...Day 145... while sitting crouched under a small outcropping of rock, trying desperately to keep my already sun-baked extremities under the limited amount of shade they offered

Thoroughly enjoying your updates. You have some decent writing skills... your wife must be proud Keep 'em rolling in.

#4378 5 years ago

oops sorry @bublehead, not really great at this posting and replying thing...

#4379 5 years ago
Quoted from cheshirefilms:

Before and After PDI glass installed in my Special Edition You can't even see the ramp and the monsters through the blurr of the regular glass..the difference is like night and day.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Love the invisiglass on mine. It also really cuts out the glare for us too. As I mentioned before I wasn't a big believer in the special glass but once I saw it in person and a good game like this I'm a believer now. My POTC has it and at some point when I have the $$ I'll add it to the White Water I just bought. I am one who sees a difference for sure.

#4380 5 years ago

1.) How much is it?
2.) Where do I get it?

#4381 5 years ago
Quoted from ChiroCop:

1.) How much is it?
2.) Where do I get it?

$350 from pinball decals, $300 from JJP (“Invisiglass”), $260 I think from Stern and pinballlife

In order of apparent preferredness/quality

#4382 5 years ago

Sounds about right if you are going to a show and order in advance certain vendors can sell it to you w/o the cost of shipping which is like $50 I think

#4383 5 years ago

Apologies if this has already been discussed.

Just got my SE last night and with the help of a super pin head I’m completely operational.

Question: is there a way to change the dot matrix screen to smooth (no dots on screen)?

I notice there aren’t dots when the title screen boots (see pic). Any help is greatly appreciated.

John

B210DA90-6FBD-4840-BEF4-1F2930486BAD (resized).jpegB210DA90-6FBD-4840-BEF4-1F2930486BAD (resized).jpeg

#4384 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Swap flipper button opto boards left and right and see if problem moves or goes away. Sounds like the interrupter isn't opening and closing good.

Nope. Guess that's not it. The right flipper is still weak (half as strong as left) and flipper stays up until you hit left flipper. Ugh. Guess it's ticket time.... Anyone else have any suggestions before I go to support?

#4385 5 years ago
Quoted from Johncare07:

Question: is there a way to change the dot matrix screen to smooth (no dots on screen)?

No.

#4386 5 years ago
Quoted from Mokthemagicman:

The right flipper is still weak (half as strong as left) and flipper stays up until you hit left flipper.

Does the flipper bat have a tiny bit of up and down play ( not back and forth ) to prevent the pawl from binding on the nylon bushing the flipper shaft rides in, below the playfield ?

Does the flipper move back and forth freely ? Are the two screws on the coil stop tight and holding the coil stop tight ?

#4387 5 years ago
Quoted from ChiroCop:

1.) How much is it?
2.) Where do I get it?

1) Ask Joey what his best deal is on 1 sheet or more.
2) Email Joey at Pinball Decals [email protected].
3) Buy sparkle glass cleaner and lint free microfiber towels. Spray the sparkle to the towel not to the glass. Wipe/clean towel, dry towel. Or just buy Joey's PDI cleaning kit. Stay away from standard Windex like the plague...

The quality spectrum having owned all 3 types:

1) PDI- 10/10 the best, special process made/cured.
2) Invisiglass- 7/10 very good but its coating can be prone to wear, green tint.
3) Stern- 5/10 lukewarm improvements over a regular sheet, purple tint.

#4388 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Does the flipper bat have a tiny bit of up and down play ( not back and forth ) to prevent the pawl from binding on the nylon bushing the flipper shaft rides in, below the playfield ?
Does the flipper move back and forth freely ? Are the two screws on the coil stop tight and holding the coil stop tight ?

I second all this, and add this, does the right flipper drop if you fire any coil on the playfield or only when you left flip? And if you just move the left flipper by hand, will the right drop? Does it happen when playfield is verical/propped up? If you shut off power, does the flipper stay stuck up? Lastly, is the return spring free and not hanging up on something near it like cable ties, wire harness, or other hardware?
Trying to determine is this mechanical or electrical, but grabbing the flipper when stuck up will tell you its energized or not.

#4389 5 years ago

1) Ask Joey what his best deal is on 1 sheet or more.
2) Email Joey at Pinball Decals [email protected].
3) Buy sparkle glass cleaner and lint free microfiber towels. Spray the sparkle to the towel not to the glass. Wipe/clean towel, dry towel. Or just buy Joey's PDI cleaning kit. Stay away from standard Windex like the plague...
The quality spectrum having owned all 3 types:
1) PDI- 10/10 the best, special process made/cured.
2) Invisiglass- 7/10 very good but its coating can be prone to wear, green tint.
3) Stern- 5/10 lukewarm improvements over a regular sheet, purple tint.

Great feedback, although I disagree on the Stern product, it’s great as well. If you have a bright room, or lots of ambient light, PDI may be the way to go. The upgrade over regular glass is significant on the Stern product, and much cheaper. I’ve owned a machine with PDI and it’s great. No purple tint on my 2 sheets of Stern glass.

#4390 5 years ago

Has anyone added a LED strip to their trough? I know there is a MOD that has sequencing with the RGB of the GI, but I was wondering if anyone has done it on their own for less? I think that mod runs $40?

Anyone try the Comets like in my pic? Will those work?

D11CD54F-DA48-455B-B4D0-E400A1368B88 (resized).pngD11CD54F-DA48-455B-B4D0-E400A1368B88 (resized).png
#4391 5 years ago

That strip is an “always on” type with what ever source you clip it to. Not GI controlled RGB at all.

#4392 5 years ago

I have PDI and Invisiglass right next to each other and theres zero difference. In my opinion paying an additional $50 for PDI is a waste of money.....I would stick with Invisiglass $320 delivered direct from JJP.

#4393 5 years ago

Here is a small piece of advice on home made mods. Not knocking those who do their own, everyone likes to save a buck, including me. But one thing you are pretty positive about, the guys selling you a mod have tested their mods, they have made all the wiring checks, and they have tested everyone of them before they ship them. Do you trust yourself to not make a dumb dyslexic solder job, just to plug it in and fry your precious and expensive ‘tronics? Personally, I went with Lermods. They did all the legwork, sorced the parts, tested it, put it in a static baggie and dropped it in the mail. Was that worth my time to do all that? Yeah, for the peace of mind I get when I plug my $40 mod into my $8000 machine and it works without a visit from our friends...

5A4E92CE-853F-44F7-8EF0-DC0EC0BC96AB (resized).jpeg5A4E92CE-853F-44F7-8EF0-DC0EC0BC96AB (resized).jpeg
#4394 5 years ago
Quoted from Johncare07:

Has anyone added a LED strip to their trough? I know there is a MOD that has sequencing with the RGB of the GI, but I was wondering if anyone has done it on their own for less? I think that mod runs $40?
Anyone try the Comets like in my pic? Will those work?
[quoted image]

This and the LerMods equivalent are fantastic. The RGb controlled one is great in concept but is kinda lost in the light shows - one that’s clipped to the GI just shuts off, which IMO is better

#4395 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I have PDI and Invisiglass right next to each other and theres zero difference. In my opinion paying an additional $50 for PDI is a waste of money.....I would stick with Invisiglass $320 delivered direct from JJP.

There's actual studies on the products head to head all over Pinside, and there's a measured difference between all three.

Most of the sophisticated pinheads I know that buy optical glass buy PDI every time. With enough cash to buy the best, I decided this time I'd just go for it. I wasn't dissapointed I did.

But really, I was impressed by Invisglass too. I just noticed on my Hobbit a green tint and a little edge wear. That said, I wasn't first owner of that game, so I can't account for it's prior care. But from what I've heard about the processes that make all 3, PDI's coating should be the best of the lot.

Personally, I wasn't satisfied with my Stern HD sheet when I had one. But that was just me, and I'm sure environmental factors matter as well.

#4396 5 years ago

There's actual studies on both products head to head, and there's a measurable difference between all three. Might depend on environment, but it is what it is.
Most of the sophisticated pinheads I know that buy optical glass buy PDI every time.
But really, I was impressed by Invisglass too. I just noticed on my Hobbit a green tint and a little edge wear. Personally, I wasn't happy at all with my Stern sheet when I had one. But that was just me, and I'm sure environmental factors matter as well.

the sophisticated ones Thats funny! All I can tell you is that I have both in a bright game room and theres zero difference....the effectiveness of the glass is directly a function of your environment....

#4397 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

the sophisticated ones Thats funny! All I can tell you is that I have both in a bright game room and theres zero difference....the effectiveness of the glass is directly a function of your environment....

Glad both products seem identical to you. I hold to my statement above. Check the research, or trust opinions. It's up to a potential buyer to decide which way to go.

#4398 5 years ago

Glad you got a good one. I had a nice sheet of invisaglass on mine, but it showed off all the shit playfield imperfections of my se. So I put it on my Iron Maiden.

#4399 5 years ago

Okay... I got two questions.
I own an LE.
My first question is about the blasted Lockdown bar. I just have so much trouble putting it back on. And its still not in right. I've never been able to get it in there right. And it takes me minutes upon minutes upon minutes.
I have a breakshot, Hardbody and Raven. Those all have lockdown bars... Hardbodies is a bit different... Same with Raven... But, Breakshot's is very similar to Monster Bash's...
So I know how to use them... This blasted thing just won't lock in and close. So I have it half on half off and can barely shut the coin door. To top it off. Some of the foam has come off now due to all the mashing and handling. And I'm just handling it way to much and getting it dirty and filthy.
It's A POS! I HATE IT. And I need help to get it working right.

2nd question... Why no real knocker. I have a fake knocker... Did the original game not have a real knocker? Pretty sure it did.
And if it did... I thought these were supposed to be built from the real specs nothing left out.
So where the hell is my knocker????????

And then some good news... I still have to change the pitch. But, I did lower the flipper strength to -2. And now I am getting no more airballs. At -1 still too many. Sadly my machine has a bit of dimples on it... But, I rather play a game and have it get weathered then just look at it.

#4400 5 years ago

Mb originally had no knocker. Also the 2 brass screws on the lockbar receiver are for adjustment.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.95
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

12,125 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Paul, MN
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Greeley, CO
$ 210.00
£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 9,332 posts in this topic. You are on page 88 of 187.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-remake-mbr-owners-club/page/88?hl=johncare07 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.