(Topic ID: 222461)

Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)

By MrSanRamon

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,332 posts
  • 732 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by KingMixer
  • Topic is favorited by 277 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)”

• I'm in on a CE 77 votes
    9%
  • I'm in on a SE 172 votes
    21%
  • I'm in on a LE 396 votes
    48%
  • I'm out for now 182 votes
    22%

(827 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wire switch 2 (resized).jpg
R orbit switch (resized).jpg
IMG_4951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4943 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0464 (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
IMG_3190 (resized).jpeg
Wolfman (resized).jpg
IMG_2467 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4014 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231111_165525077 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20231112-165133 (resized).png
20231110_123120 (resized).jpg
20231105_122730 (resized).jpg
94B393B7-CB09-4AFB-A166-CF0EC7F7F9A0 (resized).jpeg
3D150F78-A1C1-4B31-A9FA-00031163D7C1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 9,332 posts in this topic. You are on page 86 of 187.
#4251 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

with the way my luck has been running, I think I’m going to be 1250 out of 1250. Anyone want to take a bet I will flip on a MBr at TPF before I get my LE delivered? Because right now, odds are so good, I’m giving even money...

I will probably be 1251 out of 1250. We can lament about not getting our LE's at TPF.

#4252 5 years ago

I'm out of the club... sold my SE today. It was fun while it lasted. For whatever reason... it lost its steam for me.

#4253 5 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

I'm out of the club... sold my SE today. It was fun while it lasted. For whatever reason... it lost its steam for me.

Yep .. it did the same for me after 3 months or so... fun game everyone sld own at some point tho...

#4254 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

with the way my luck has been running, I think I’m going to be 1250 out of 1250. Anyone want to take a bet I will flip on a MBr at TPF before I get my LE delivered? Because right now, odds are so good, I’m giving even money...

If it's any consolation I haven't heard anything about mine either.

#4255 5 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

I will probably be 1251 out of 1250. We can lament about not getting our LE's at TPF.

I’ll buy the first round...

Quoted from Zablon:

If it's any consolation I haven't heard anything about mine either.

It’s been... let me check my math... nope, that’s too depressing. Not sure if I am happier that TPF is one day closer or my LE is one day later every day.

#4256 5 years ago

He wants to jam with Algae.

20190307_201626 (resized).jpg20190307_201626 (resized).jpg
#4257 5 years ago

These huge bolts look important. I must have put the game together too fast. Where do they go??

20190308_011120 (resized).jpg20190308_011120 (resized).jpg
#4258 5 years ago

These huge bolts look important. I must have put the game together too fast. Where do they go??

#4259 5 years ago
Quoted from ChiroCop:

[quoted image]

They should be in the bottom of the backbox down to the cabinet.

#4260 5 years ago
Quoted from Kungen:

They should be in the bottom of the backbox down to the cabinet.

Oh crap!! Thank you. I'm use to Stern pins.

#4261 5 years ago
Quoted from ChiroCop:

My Frankie spotlight only illuminates (flashes) when his table brings him to a standing position for multi ball. Is this normal? Seems it should turn on more often.

did you get a response on this? I thought that spotlight was GI

#4262 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

did you get a response on this? I thought that spotlight was GI

It was on my original mb...

#4263 5 years ago

Mine only comes on when Frankie comes to life

#4264 5 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

I'd gladly volunteer to wait until the end if it meant getting 1251/1250. That would probably add ~$10k of value in most Pinsiders' minds.

#4265 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Also found this one -
[quoted image]

Are the joints on the arm adjustable on this one?

#4266 5 years ago
Quoted from jbug:

Are the joints on the arm adjustable on this one?

They're not - plus the figure is only 7" and despite me liking his face for MB better, he doesn't match the other figures. I finally struck a deal for $75 (ugh) for the Bela Lugosi one. Ridiculous, but the figures are 20 years old, so that's what I get... Too bad Universal is blowing it so hard on their monster universe right now.

#4267 5 years ago
Quoted from ChiroCop:

Where do they go??

Inside the backbox on the bottom. Hold the head to the cabinet. Don't depend on the little clip in the rear, which is only meant to help set the game up.

LTG : )

#4268 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Inside the backbox on the bottom. Hold the head to the cabinet. Don't depend on the little clip in the rear, which is only meant to help set the game up.

Thank you!!

#4269 5 years ago

Thanks to Mezel Mods, Frank has a comfy table.

20190308_160823 (resized).jpg20190308_160823 (resized).jpg
#4270 5 years ago
Quoted from ChiroCop:

[quoted image]

Ordered!

#4271 5 years ago
Quoted from ctviss:

I'd gladly volunteer to wait until the end if it meant getting 1251/1250. That would probably add ~$10k of value in most Pinsiders' minds.

I will be picking mine up next week #983 - looks like they are getting into the higher #'s if they are going sequential now that the matching ones are complete

#4272 5 years ago
Quoted from ChiroCop:

[quoted image]

I've had one installed for a couple weeks. It is MONEY. It makes the game look outstanding. Fits both original and remakes (which are different!). Get this, the blue trough light, and maybe the flasher covers, and you are good to go.

#4273 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I've had one installed for a couple weeks. It is MONEY. It makes the game look outstanding. Fits both original and remakes (which are different!). Get this, the blue trough light, and maybe the flasher covers, and you are good to go.

I've had my game for a week. You're right, that trough area is a bit dark. The proximity sensors for Phantom Flip take up space where a couple LEDs should be.

#4274 5 years ago

is anyone waiting on their matched serial number?

Neil.

#4275 5 years ago
Quoted from ChiroCop:

I've had my game for a week. You're right, that trough area is a bit dark. The proximity sensors for Phantom Flip take up space where a couple LEDs should be.

I put a LED strip (5 bucks) that is hooked up to a couple of alligators that I've attached to the coin door lights. Works perfect.

20190303_144739 (resized).jpg20190303_144739 (resized).jpg
#4276 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I put a LED strip (5 bucks) that is hooked up to a couple of alligators that I've attached to the coin door lights. Works perfect. [quoted image]

Yep, that's what I'm talking about! I replaced the GI lights with the brightest LED Comet sells, and the LED strip tied in to the GI.
Same Difference -
Looks amazing!

#4277 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I put a LED strip (5 bucks) that is hooked up to a couple of alligators that I've attached to the coin door lights. Works perfect. [quoted image]

Yes, but a bit risky. Open coin door, clips could move. Better off either soldering them or connecting to the 6v header header. Typically clips are fine, but not in an area that sees a lot of movement. Blowing something on this game would be very costly.

#4278 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Yes, but a bit risky. Open coin door, clips could move. Better off either soldering them or connecting to the 6v header header. Typically clips are fine, but not in an area that sees a lot of movement. Blowing something on this game would be very costly.

Yeah I hear you but there is no movement as I only open the coin door when the game is off. Def recommend putting a strip on this game

#4279 5 years ago

In regards to the Creature ball eject, mine seems really weak. It strikes the ball just hard enough to get it out of the hole. Is this normal?
If not, is the coil strength adjustable?

#4280 5 years ago
Quoted from ChiroCop:

is the coil strength adjustable?

Page 1-16 in the manual. Left eject strength, in the CGC menu.

#4281 5 years ago

Anyone put LED flipper buttons on a remake ?

#4282 5 years ago

I have them sitting here to install but don’t know where to tap into a constant 12v source

#4283 5 years ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

I have them sitting here to install but don’t know where to tap into a constant 12v source

You would think the pinball manufacturers would know us pinball guys love mods etc and provide a couple
Plugs ?

#4284 5 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

You would think the pinball manufacturers would know us pinball guys love mods etc and provide a couple
Plugs ?

The problem is, too often people will plug something in just because the connectors fit. And blow sh*t up. And have voided their warranty.

The manufacturers have no way of tracking every mod or testing if they work or not. And some mods for an original game, will not work on a remake.

#4285 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Page 1-16 in the manual. Left eject strength, in the CGC menu.

I changed it from Default to Max...but nothing changed as far as eject strength.

#4286 5 years ago

Any fool proof solutions on the SDTM issue from the trough? Should I change eject power? If so to what? Only happens on mine probably 1 out of every 15-20 times but man it always seems to be when I am having a good game. Wish there was a balls save setting that could be applied here

#4287 5 years ago
Quoted from ChiroCop:

I changed it from Default to Max...but nothing changed as far as eject strength.

Same here and mine just trickles out. Maybe the original does this too?

#4288 5 years ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

Any fool proof solutions on the SDTM issue from the trough? Should I change eject power? If so to what? Only happens on mine probably 1 out of every 15-20 times but man it always seems to be when I am having a good game. Wish there was a balls save setting that could be applied here

I would also want to know. I have one about the same. I'm also trying to have that ball return to the right sling AFTER coming out of pops but I just don't think it's possible and intended that way? If the ball is coming from the top top and drops down the orbit, it does return to my right flipper no issue...

#4289 5 years ago
Quoted from shock_me:

It's not a violent kick.

#4290 5 years ago
Quoted from shock_me:

Yes, it comes out smoothly, not nearly as strong as the scoop kick

#4291 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Yes, it comes out smoothly, not nearly as strong as the scoop kick

Mine is the same. Delivers perfectly to left flipper

#4292 5 years ago

My new MBrLE is having sound issues day 1. So I've got about a dozen games on my brand new MB, and all of a sudden, the sound starts cutting in/out with a really large pop sound coming from the speaker. I've power cycled the game, tried factory reset, etc., but nothing. Turned it off for a couple of hours and then tired it again, thought the problem went away, but after playing a couple of games, it came back. I had to leave town today for work, but thought I'd see if anyone else has run into this before I call support. Here is a link to a video I took if you want to see how bad this problem is: https://photos.app.goo.gl/bFPiBkr8HK8R6gDs8

A couple of other thoughts on the handful of games I was able to play before the sound issue started:

1 - Yes, the STDM drains from the scoop are annoying. Very inconsistent but seems like about 30% of the time it just fires it STDM. I've seen other posts about this issue, so I'll have to figure out what I am going to do, so if there is a consensus on what works best I'd like to hear it before I mess with it.

2 - My pop bumpers seem like they could use some adjusting. When the ball comes through the D-I-G lanes up top, I notice some of the time it just rolls off the pop bumper, never activating it, which is a problem since you need the pops to get the mummy. When they do pop and the ball starts hitting them, they seem very strong and responsive, it just seems like the switches are not set to be sensitive enough. Anyone else having this issue? I played a game at an event over the weekend (it was an SE) and it seemed to be doing the same thing.

Otherwise the game looks/plays amazing. Hopefully the sound issue is minor?

20190310_201351 (resized).jpg20190310_201351 (resized).jpg
#4293 5 years ago
Quoted from BryanBPH:

My pop bumpers seem like they could use some adjusting.

Easy to do. A little tweaking and you'll be a pro at it. With the game turned off lift the playfield up and lean against the backbox. At this point wish you'd removed the balls before they go bouncing all over.

A plastic rod from the pop bumper skirt goes through the playfield and sits in a plastic spoon on a leaf blade switch.

Clean the leaf blade switch. Put a piece of paper between the leaf blades, gently hold them together and pull the paper out. Check that the pop bumper skirt moves freely. And that plastic rod is centered in the spoon on the leaf blade. You can loosen the leaf blade bracket screws to aim it better.

Now the tricky part. That plastic spoon should just be resting on the plastic rod and not pushing it. Then the lower leaf blade. Close enough so the slightest ball hit triggers it. Yet vibration doesn't. It may take a tweak or two to get it right.

#4294 5 years ago
Quoted from BryanBPH:

1 - Yes, the STDM drains from the scoop are annoying. Very inconsistent but seems like about 30% of the time it just fires it STDM. I've seen other posts about this issue, so I'll have to figure out what I am going to do, so if there is a consensus on what works best I'd like to hear it before I mess with it.

I had the same issue. Ball would fly straight-up and hit the scoop lip and drop onto the playfield. I fixed it by addressing the slop/movement between the coil and coilstop. Now it's entirely consistent, straight to the left flipper every time. Apparently there is a product for that:
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/20-9612

#4295 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Easy to do. A little tweaking and you'll be a pro at it. With the game turned off lift the playfield up and lean against the backbox. At this point wish you'd removed the balls before they go bouncing all over.
A plastic rod from the pop bumper skirt goes through the playfield and sits in a plastic spoon on a leaf blade switch.
Clean the leaf blade switch. Put a piece of paper between the leaf blades, gently hold them together and pull the paper out. Check that the pop bumper skirt moves freely. And that plastic rod is centered in the spoon on the leaf blade. You can loosen the leaf blade bracket screws to aim it better.
Now the tricky part. That plastic spoon should just be resting on the plastic rod and not pushing it. Then the lower leaf blade. Close enough so the slightest ball hit triggers it. Yet vibration doesn't. It may take a tweak or two to get it right.

Thanks - I should have mentioned I'm familiar with how to adjust them as you have described, I was just more curious if others were having this same issue right out of the box? Personally, one of my least favorite things in the world to do is adjust pop bumper switches (even using the special tool made for adjusting switches), so I was disappointed that I already feel like I need to do this on a new in box game. Minor issue I suppose, especially considering the sound issue I reported in my previous post which makes the game currently unplayable - which is sad since I waited almost 6 months to get it, and it's already not working on it's first day in it's new home

#4296 5 years ago
Quoted from BryanBPH:

For me I just changed the coil strength setting within the CGC settings. Good luck with the game. CGC support team helped me with the problem I had.

#4297 5 years ago
Quoted from BryanBPH:

even using the special tool made for adjusting switches

I usually use my finger.

Quoted from BryanBPH:

so I was disappointed that I already feel like I need to do this on a new in box game.

I am sorry about that. It happens. Not often.

#4298 5 years ago

#596 arrived today!

74DA5A26-6571-4047-B374-5F17BF1B6CAB (resized).jpeg74DA5A26-6571-4047-B374-5F17BF1B6CAB (resized).jpeg
#4299 5 years ago
Quoted from BryanBPH:

Thanks - I should have mentioned I'm familiar with how to adjust them as you have described, I was just more curious if others were having this same issue right out of the box? Personally, one of my least favorite things in the world to do is adjust pop bumper switches (even using the special tool made for adjusting switches), so I was disappointed that I already feel like I need to do this on a new in box game. Minor issue I suppose, especially considering the sound issue I reported in my previous post which makes the game currently unplayable - which is sad since I waited almost 6 months to get it, and it's already not working on it's first day in it's new home

Experiencing similar issues with my pop bumpers

#4300 5 years ago

I tried raising the R Popper Strength to MAX and that still was resulting in a mixed bag of positive results to solve the SDTM drains out of the scoop.

This is what finally fixed the SDTM drains out of the scoop. I layered about four layers of duct tape and cut it into about 1/2" thickness and put it here -->
Additionally, I was able to return the R Popper Strength to 'Default'.

Now the ball kick outs vary from into the Left Slingshot or directly to the Left Flipper. Better than SDTM.

Post back if this helped any of you.

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Greeley, CO
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.95
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

12,125 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Paul, MN
Machine - For Sale
Loris, SC
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 210.00
£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

There are 9,332 posts in this topic. You are on page 86 of 187.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-remake-mbr-owners-club/page/86?hl=delt31 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.