(Topic ID: 222461)

Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)

By MrSanRamon

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,332 posts
  • 732 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by KingMixer
  • Topic is favorited by 277 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)”

• I'm in on a CE 77 votes
    9%
  • I'm in on a SE 172 votes
    21%
  • I'm in on a LE 396 votes
    48%
  • I'm out for now 182 votes
    22%

(827 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wire switch 2 (resized).jpg
R orbit switch (resized).jpg
IMG_4951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4943 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0464 (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
IMG_3190 (resized).jpeg
Wolfman (resized).jpg
IMG_2467 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4014 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231111_165525077 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20231112-165133 (resized).png
20231110_123120 (resized).jpg
20231105_122730 (resized).jpg
94B393B7-CB09-4AFB-A166-CF0EC7F7F9A0 (resized).jpeg
3D150F78-A1C1-4B31-A9FA-00031163D7C1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 9,332 posts in this topic. You are on page 85 of 187.
#4201 5 years ago
Quoted from ChiroCop:

I was looking at the bottom of my LE cabinet...which is sitting next to my Aerosmith LE. Stern used particle board on the Aerosmith. MBr LE uses high quality plywood. This thing is solid.

Unbelievable, particle board, ya better have the dehumidifier running all summer, that stuff disintegrates with moisture, absolutely no excuse if that's the case, save what, $10/machine.

#4202 5 years ago

Even the original mb has a particle board bottom

#4203 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

I'm about 150 posts behind so who needs their panties rubbed on now?

Well then you missed alot -- your services are in high demand. In my case I opened a ticket at CGC and haven't heard back in 45 minutes on a serious issue with no key fob in my game. I also had to adjust the tilt mechanism as it was too sensitive. Not acceptable on a $8000 item. I will never buy a NIB game from CGC ever again. I also do not let my kids take their toys out of the boxes because the value drops when they are no longer NIB. To protect from dimples I always add a sheet of this to all my playfields before I play the first ball. I find the 1/2" works best
https://www.acmeplastics.com/acrylic-sheets/acrylic-cast-clear-sheet?v=22356&st-t=adwords&vt-k=&vt-mt=&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI7ZDNhYvq4AIVDdbACh0IJAmHEAYYAyABEgKJDPD_BwE
My playfield is so dark by the flippers I can't get to MoR mode. I also paid in full and then had to wait almost 3 weeks to get my game. I had my lawyer file a lawsuit against my Distributor, Chicago Gaming, and all users on Pinside who have pimped this game. I need my panties rubbed

#4204 5 years ago
Quoted from bigdog50:

Well then you missed alot -- your services are in high demand. In my case I opened a ticket at CGC and haven't heard back in 45 minutes on a serious issue with no key fob in my game. I also had to adjust the tilt mechanism as it was too sensitive. Not acceptable on a $8000 item. I will never buy a NIB game from CGC ever again. I also do not let my kids take their toys out of the boxes because the value drops when they are no longer NIB. To protect from dimples I always add a sheet of this to all my playfields before I play the first ball. I find the 1/2" works best
https://www.acmeplastics.com/acrylic-sheets/acrylic-cast-clear-sheet?v=22356&st-t=adwords&vt-k=&vt-mt=&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI7ZDNhYvq4AIVDdbACh0IJAmHEAYYAyABEgKJDPD_BwE
My playfield is so dark by the flippers I can't get to MoR mode. I also paid in full and then had to wait almost 3 weeks to get my game. I had my lawyer file a lawsuit against my Distributor, Chicago Gaming, and all users on Pinside who have pimped this game. I need my panties rubbed

In all seriousness - did the LE come with key fobs b/c not sure i saw mine??

#4205 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

mine didnt

#4206 5 years ago

WHAT. THA. FUUUUUUUUUUUUU...

#4207 5 years ago

Particle board/ mdf has been used in pins for a long time? What's the issue? The 90s/2000s pins held up just fine in most cases?

#4208 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I'm going to make a couple as soon as China sends me some cheap ass clear keychain thingies. Whoever complains the most about the MBrs not coming with a key fob can have one.

#4209 5 years ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Let me tell you invisiglass is sick on this game. Only way to fly IMHO. I wasn't a big believer in it until I finally saw it and makes a big difference.

Good to hear. I have it on all my other games and its amazing what it does for the colors. Taking pictures of the playfield with the glass on is no problem at all. Fortunately I have one extra sheet I keep around. I put it on my new games, and when I sell a game the buyer gets the original glass with the sticker on it. I am really anxious now to get my game and see it with the invisiglass on it.

#4210 5 years ago
Quoted from playernumber4:

Good to hear. I have it on all my other games and its amazing what it does for the colors. Taking pictures of the playfield with the glass on is no problem at all. Fortunately I have one extra sheet I keep around. I put it on my new games, and when I sell a game the buyer gets the original glass with the sticker on it. I am really anxious now to get my game and see it with the invisiglass on it.

seems to me you stiffed my on the invisiglass for the HUO Spiderman I bought from you!

#4211 5 years ago

Will the mirror blades made for Williams games fit the remakes?

#4212 5 years ago
Quoted from shock_me:

Will the mirror blades made for Williams games fit the remakes?

Yes.
I just bought a set from pinballdecals for my MMR; fit like a charm.

#4213 5 years ago

Just got the call! My LE should be shipping today!

#4214 5 years ago

Got my SE today!

Strange issue I'm having. When I press start, none of the coils will fire in the game. So the ball doesn't launch, if I trigger the slingshot switches, they don't fire, the pop bumpers don't work, Creech popper, etc. None of them work at all. The sound and scoring all work just not the coils. But when I test them in the test menu, all the coils work just fine. Anyone got any suggestions for why they don't work during gameplay?

#4215 5 years ago

Do you have the coin door HV interlock switch pulled out?

#4216 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Do you have the coin door HV interlock switch pulled out?

Coin door is closed during gameplay. When I go into the tests, I pull out the interlock to enable the coils and it works fine. I know the coin door switch is working because when I open the coin door it flashes the message that the high power is disabled.

#4217 5 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

seems to me you stiffed my on the invisiglass for the HUO Spiderman I bought from you!

You got brand new, unused glass with the sticker on it. Heck...that sticker alone probably cost me $30 from Stern when they put it on!!! And you have the nerve to complain

#4218 5 years ago

I picked up a couple of sheets of HD Glass from Stern, $256 shipped, from the Stern website under accessories. Looks amazing. PDI is great but more $ and in my home environment this looks fantastic, not much difference. I see no issue keeping antiglare glass when selling a machine unless that was part of the original deal. My IMDNLE came with it, so it also left with it, same with DILE.

#4219 5 years ago
Quoted from pinball_happy:

Got my SE today!
Strange issue I'm having. When I press start, none of the coils will fire in the game. So the ball doesn't launch, if I trigger the slingshot switches, they don't fire, the pop bumpers don't work, Creech popper, etc. None of them work at all. The sound and scoring all work just not the coils. But when I test them in the test menu, all the coils work just fine. Anyone got any suggestions for why they don't work during gameplay?

check for a stuck switch, and the right number of balls in the game?

#4220 5 years ago

does the ball eject into the plunge lane?

#4221 5 years ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Let me tell you invisiglass is sick on this game. Only way to fly IMHO. I wasn't a big believer in it until I finally saw it and makes a big difference.

Ordered my first PDI sheet for MBR. Excited

#4222 5 years ago

Just wanted to say that Ryan from CGC reached out to me and suggested that the coin door interlock switch wasn't being fully engaged when the coin door was closed. Probably got jostled a little during shipment. CGC customer service (and Ryan!) are incredible! Super friendly and a pleasure to deal with. I can't wait to start playing this game!

#4223 5 years ago
Quoted from cheshirefilms:

Ordered my first PDI sheet for MBR. Excited

Hope you like it as much as I do. I can tell you any game I plan to keep (MB is not leaving unless another 20 years from now they make an even better version) will have PDI glass or JJP invisiglass on it. I really thought people were kinda of full of it when they talked about but I really see a difference between it and regular glass. And on a game like MBR (and I am sure AFMR) with all the RGB lighting effects and the XL display I really don't have an glare issues either.

All I can say is it works for me and I'm quite happy I was able to put a piece on my game. Results may vary for others.

Doesn't mean I would put it on an $800 beater game either nor would I ever put it on game going out on route.

#4224 5 years ago

Topper step 1...

E2E8A330-0314-4A70-880E-FE6DAF7A4983 (resized).jpegE2E8A330-0314-4A70-880E-FE6DAF7A4983 (resized).jpeg
#4225 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Topper step 1...

You're on the right track. The only thing I wish the CGC topper had is the other band members. Aside from that it kicks ass. I want to see the complete band.

#4226 5 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

You're on the right track. The only thing I wish the CGC topper had is the other band members. Aside from that it kicks ass. I want to see the complete band.

Having trouble finding Dracula for less than $100.. which sucks because I already have his guitar!

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#4227 5 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

The only thing I wish the CGC topper had is the other band members. Aside from that it kicks ass. I want to see the complete band.

I agree and they could have even just made the other 2 with plastics in the back which could be a good mod for someone that makes plastics

#4228 5 years ago

HAVE NO FEAR
THY PANTY RUBBER IS HERE

#4229 5 years ago

Sumbitch that axe is NASTY Rob. Wonder about the tonal quality esp low end you just adjust your eq for that?

#4230 5 years ago

Regarding scoop SDTM issues, my pin-whisperer friend identified a hack/fix that is working well. He noticed the ball would occasionally fly straight up and hit the top of the scoop, plop down and fall SDTM. He put a thin shim between the coil and coil stop to firm-it-up and limit movement and sure enough... my scoop is consistent and haven't seen a bad ball since.

#4231 5 years ago

I recently sold a couple games and have cash and space for something new. Are there any major differences in the gameplay/playfield parts on the standard vs next step up? I'm wondering if the extra $2000 bump,in proce is worth it, beyond the color DMD and whatever other cosmetics there are. Thanks in advance for any feedback.

#4232 5 years ago
Quoted from Minneapolispin:

Are there any major differences in the gameplay/playfield parts on the standard vs next step up

Game play the same. Major playfield parts the same. Bigger display and in color and better graphics. Better sound. Double the warranty.

Scroll down here to see the table of differences.

https://www.chicago-gaming.com/coinop/monster-bash

LTG : )

#4233 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Sumbitch that axe is NASTY Rob. Wonder about the tonal quality esp low end you just adjust your eq for that?

Oh yeah. added a Behringer BOD400 specifically for that issue

#4234 5 years ago
Quoted from JFink8222:

Anyone else getting their balls stuck here?? (I’m sure plenty of comments will roll in on that one). I have my game set at 7.3 pitch. I feel like the “V” was cut too big. Can’t squeeze it back. Gonna open a ticket I think Right ramp
[quoted image]

Yes, mine does the same thing on occasion.

#4235 5 years ago
Quoted from playernumber4:

You got brand new, unused glass with the sticker on it. Heck...that sticker alone probably cost me $30 from Stern when they put it on!!! And you have the nerve to complain

I knew I would get a response from you LOL

#4236 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Having trouble finding Dracula for less than $100.. which sucks because I already have his guitar!
[quoted image]

Did you come across this: https://www.amazon.com/Universal-Studios-Monsters-Dracula-Figure/dp/B003X2B538/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_1

Drac is about 7 inches high. Only one left at Amazon.

20190307_113933 (resized).jpg20190307_113933 (resized).jpg
#4237 5 years ago
Quoted from jbug:

Did you come across this: amazon.com link »
Drac is about 7 inches high. Only one left at Amazon. [quoted image]

I'd pass on this Drac action figure. Smile on his face...sporting a huge package...kinda creepy.

#4238 5 years ago

It’s alive!

5A430710-E28D-417C-8CCA-CA7F9BB311A6 (resized).jpeg5A430710-E28D-417C-8CCA-CA7F9BB311A6 (resized).jpegC0D3D728-9459-4B91-8040-B7F462521BA7 (resized).jpegC0D3D728-9459-4B91-8040-B7F462521BA7 (resized).jpeg9A25AC0E-2261-4F05-B916-9446CBEC80DF (resized).jpeg9A25AC0E-2261-4F05-B916-9446CBEC80DF (resized).jpeg
#4239 5 years ago
Quoted from wyopin:

It’s alive!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Any issues out of the box?
Looks great !!

#4240 5 years ago
Quoted from ChiroCop:

I'd pass on this Drac action figure. Smile on his face...sporting a huge package...kinda creepy.

He's not smiling. He has a scowl on his face. You can't see it good enough. I have that figure still in the box and I'm looking at him right now.

#4241 5 years ago

I've noticed my Frankenstein spotlight ONLY turns on when his table stands him upright. Is this normal? Either mine has an issue...or it's greatly under used.

#4242 5 years ago
Quoted from ChiroCop:

Any issues out of the box?
Looks great !!

Not one! Playfield looks great, sound is amazing, plays smooth as butter...I did put different balls right off the bat, though. My only complaint is that there wasn’t a key fob plastic...but they had extra fuses, rubbers, etc...which I really think is awesome. So far, so good!

#4243 5 years ago
Quoted from wyopin:

Not one! Playfield looks great, sound is amazing, plays smooth as butter...I did put different balls right off the bat, though. My only complaint is that there wasn’t a key fob plastic...but they had extra fuses, rubbers, etc...which I really think is awesome. So far, so good!

I didn't get a fob with mine either. But I didn't get one on AFMR or MMR. CGC not big on fobs.
I can live without the fob, great pin everybody loves it. Hope you enjoy yours as much.

#4244 5 years ago

I got my Le today....perfect! Absolutely no issues...no wraps no cracks. doesn't drain down the middle..what can I say?? perfect!
I can't find one issue..lucky me..(I got my Munster Le) also..no issues.

#4245 5 years ago
Quoted from wyopin:

It’s alive!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Very nice collection!

#4246 5 years ago
Quoted from jbug:

Did you come across this: amazon.com link »
Drac is about 7 inches high. Only one left at Amazon. [quoted image]

Yeah I did - and there’s one that is also 7” that looks quite a bit like Drac on the playfield - I’m going back and forth between getting that one or the actual Bela Lugosi one that matches the rest of the crew

#4247 5 years ago

Also found this one -

23E80BC5-0C27-405D-A631-CD43809F44AB (resized).png23E80BC5-0C27-405D-A631-CD43809F44AB (resized).png
#4248 5 years ago
Quoted from shock_me:

Well looky here! I've bent one or two of these myself over the years no biggie! Frankie is well lit again [quoted image]

My Frankie spotlight only illuminates (flashes) when his table brings him to a standing position for multi ball. Is this normal? Seems it should turn on more often.

#4249 5 years ago

Number 740 in the house

MVIMG_20190307_161000 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20190307_161000 (resized).jpg
#4250 5 years ago

with the way my luck has been running, I think I’m going to be 1250 out of 1250. Anyone want to take a bet I will flip on a MBr at TPF before I get my LE delivered? Because right now, odds are so good, I’m giving even money...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
$ 12.95
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Greeley, CO
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Loris, SC
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Asheville, NC
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 9,332 posts in this topic. You are on page 85 of 187.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-remake-mbr-owners-club/page/85?hl=londonpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.