(Topic ID: 222461)

Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)

By MrSanRamon

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,332 posts
  • 732 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by KingMixer
  • Topic is favorited by 277 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)”

• I'm in on a CE 77 votes
    9%
  • I'm in on a SE 172 votes
    21%
  • I'm in on a LE 396 votes
    48%
  • I'm out for now 182 votes
    22%

(827 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wire switch 2 (resized).jpg
R orbit switch (resized).jpg
IMG_4951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4943 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0464 (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
IMG_3190 (resized).jpeg
Wolfman (resized).jpg
IMG_2467 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4014 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231111_165525077 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20231112-165133 (resized).png
20231110_123120 (resized).jpg
20231105_122730 (resized).jpg
94B393B7-CB09-4AFB-A166-CF0EC7F7F9A0 (resized).jpeg
3D150F78-A1C1-4B31-A9FA-00031163D7C1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 9,332 posts in this topic. You are on page 82 of 187.
#4051 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Now that I own one, I changed the GI color from warm to bright white and the game to me pops even more. I'm also someone that loves a ton of light so might be too much for some. There is also a LED strip option in the background to make that brighter which of course I turned up too.

FYI - as I didn't even know about the LED strip option in the back.

Cool I was not aware you could adjust this LED strip. Can you post some pictures of the playfield in mega bright mode with your settings?

Congrats on getting your game, can't wait for mine.

#4052 5 years ago

Non-matching LE number 1107 arrived. Cabinet is pristine. Playfield destroyed. Appears this machine was dropped. On its way back.
Don't trust these shipping companies guys.

20190228_124548 (resized).jpg20190228_124548 (resized).jpg20190228_141104 (resized).jpg20190228_141104 (resized).jpg20190228_141122 (resized).jpg20190228_141122 (resized).jpg
#4053 5 years ago
Quoted from ChiroCop:

Non-matching LE number 1107 arrived. Cabinet is pristine. Playfield destroyed. Appears this machine was dropped. On its way back.
Don't trust these shipping companies guys.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

wow that sucks....sorry that happened to u....

#4054 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

wow that sucks....sorry that happened to u....

I'm no Physicist, but the damage was indicative of raising the pallet 2 or 3 feet off the ground...then dropping it straight down.

#4055 5 years ago

Non-matching LE 1192 arrived okay. Just a little damage to box and the topper's box, but all contents arrived okay.

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg
#4056 5 years ago

Well... Just got Monsters of Rock... Settings are not really that nerfed. I do have ball save timer on. Only because I tend to get houseballed due to dracula's dang feet.
Going to see if I can adjust that better. I did adjust it a bit like CGC suggested... But, I think maybe if I increase the pitch on my machine it'll make the game faster and so less likely to hit his feet, so in a sense, more predictable...
I think I'll try to also lower flipper strength one or two more notches below.
Anyway, my current settings also are 60 million extra ball, and then another at 120 million and another at 180 and another at 240. I like these rewards as you still need to have a good game to reach the threshold... In fact I normally get Monster bash at around 45-50 million mark. So its not like an extra ball helps me get to the first wizard mode. And again it just for me keeps the games fun and attainable.

Lastly besides points what should I shoot for now. Lymans lament???

#4057 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Well... Just got Monsters of Rock... Settings are not really that nerfed. I do have ball save timer on. Only because I tend to get houseballed due to dracula's dang feet.
Going to see if I can adjust that better. I did adjust it a bit like CGC suggested... But, I think maybe if I increase the pitch on my machine it'll make the game faster and so less likely to hit his feet, so in a sense, more predictable...
I think I'll try to also lower flipper strength one or two more notches below.
Anyway, my current settings also are 60 million extra ball, and then another at 120 million and another at 180 and another at 240. I like these rewards as you still need to have a good game to reach the threshold... In fact I normally get Monster bash at around 45-50 million mark. So its not like an extra ball helps me get to the first wizard mode. And again it just for me keeps the games fun and attainable.

Try to get the 666 bonus. Start all monster modes except Frank, then hit the Frank ramp. It’s a tiny little animation but big points. Lyman’s is really hard to hit from a practical standpoint. IMO set the game up on hard, no ball save. 7+ pitch

If it’s hitting Drac’s feet just bend back (or forward) the bracket arm. It’s a very small spot where his feet hit the ball. Or bend the outer orbit ballguide just a tad further in toward the middle. You may need a screwdriver for that

#4058 5 years ago

Got my MBR LE today and I have no idea how this thing passed QC. It has a February 20th production date. This is my first Chicago Gaming pin and I'm very disappointed.

1. The blue gradient part of playfield has dark blue ink splotches all over it.
2. Left mouth wash missing part of 'M'. Edit: I looked at some other pictures posted, so I suppose this might be on all of them.
3. Right mouth wash, wash is covered by a big black ink splotch. This is the issue that bothers me the most as it's immediately noticeable.
4. The head has a ton of glue popping out of it.
5. Red paint drop between Drac insert and target. This one doesn't photograph well but much clearer in person.

I have not completely looked over the pin yet, this was just things that immediately popped out at me.

If this is how the LE playfields that are supposed to be the best quality are arriving I can only imagine what non LE play fields must be like. Did anyone else receive one with similar issues?
IMG_9715 (resized).jpgIMG_9715 (resized).jpgIMG_9717 (resized).jpgIMG_9717 (resized).jpgIMG_9718 (resized).jpgIMG_9718 (resized).jpgIMG_9720 (resized).jpgIMG_9720 (resized).jpg
IMG_9721 (resized).jpgIMG_9721 (resized).jpg

#4059 5 years ago
Quoted from sprite:

Got my MBR LE today and I have no idea how this thing passed QC. It has a February 20th production date. This is my first Chicago Gaming pin and I'm very disappointed.
2. Left mouth wash missing part of 'M'. Edit: I looked at some other pictures posted, so I suppose this might be on all of them.
3. Right mouth wash, wash is covered by a big black ink splotch.
I have not completely looked over the pin yet, this was just things that immediately popped out at me.
If this is how the LE playfields that are supposed to be the best quality are arriving I can only imagine what non LE play fields must be like. Did anyone else receive one with similar issues?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Somebody needs to rub on your panties a little bit and make you feel better.

#4060 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

How mature. CGC stated before they had screen printing issues and that they had refined their process. They also stated that LEs were getting the best play fields. Could you please post some pictures of your playfield issues, since I'm assuming you have them but don't care after spending $8k on brand new pin?

#4061 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Lastly besides points what should I shoot for now.

Playing without the diaper of extra ball points?

#4062 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

nah - let's not call out a pinsider that isn't getting the quality we all deserve. Not feeling that.

#4063 5 years ago

LIGHT EM UP

Hardbody1 (resized).jpgHardbody1 (resized).jpg
#4065 5 years ago

I know you expected a higher quality than what you received. As a distributor I realize the customer is always right and I would see if CGC would do something for you. I’m curious the size of these character flaws on the playfield in relation to the size of a quarter? Please realize these playfields are made “the old fashioned way”, silkscreened by hand..not a machine. The way pinball playfields have been made for decades. In my humble opinion I don’t believe two playfields are going to be perfect or the same. I believe some wiggle room of perfection is to be expected. I have bought several NOS and repro playfields and there has always been “something” making it not a PSA10

However....on the other hand I have to regular commercial customers. That have bought from me multiple times and always want Limited Editions for their locations. Both wanted MBr LE’s for their Barcade type locations. I would have never heard from them if they would have received this machine. Just sayin’.
Just giving my opinion take it for what it’s worth.

#4066 5 years ago
Quoted from sprite:

I'm assuming you have them but don't care after spending $8k on brand new pin?

that's a lot of Hardbody's. I'm counting five and a half you get the half.

#4067 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Try to get all four balls gping on mosh pit and then keep hitting the frank ramp. One if my favorite parts of the game.

#4068 5 years ago
Quoted from sprite:

3. Right mouth wash, wash is covered by a big black ink splotch. This is the issue that bothers me the most as it's immediately noticeable.
5. Red paint drop between Drac insert and target. This one doesn't photograph well but much clearer in person.
[quoted image]

The play field graphics are the biggest issue in my mind. Aside from a play field swap theres nothing u can really do about it..I am sure they will ask u to cut off the glue and touch up (I know thats not ideal, but I suspect that will be their solution)....the blue ink splotches don't seem like as big a deal, and good or bad they seem pretty common....

#4069 5 years ago

Never had a problem with SDTM on the scoop and didn't have to adjust it. Poor choice on passing on this pin. Good luck on your adventures though!

#4070 5 years ago
Quoted from BryanBPH:

Just got word last night that my non matching LE is being delivered to my distributor today. I'll be picking it up at the Retro Jax show in Jacksonville FL next weekend. I ordered it back in October, but honestly haven't minded the wait. Kind of makes me remember what it was like when I was a kid, and would get excited as Christmas got closer. FYI, I ordered mine from The Little Shop of Games in Florida, and Marshall has been great keeping me updated on the status over the last several months. I'll post some pics once it's home.

Marshall is a fantastic guy!

#4071 5 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

Non-matching LE 1192 arrived okay. Just a little damage to box and the topper's box, but all contents arrived okay.
[quoted image][quoted image]

The Super Check PRO is such an awesome update. I love mine....almost as much as Monster Bash!

#4072 5 years ago

Oh I'd be Pissed for sure. You cant floss that LE buyers get the best PFs and send this out. Scratched black cab whatever... Blotchy ink under clear, woof.

#4073 5 years ago

The Eagle has landed. Apparently safe and sound. The Road Runner driver was great and in no rush. He helped me remove the box. He even held the head up while I cut the strap and then re-secured it after giving the play field a quick once over. I gave him $20 on his way out just for being a great guy.

What's the best way to get a pin off of a pallet?

IMG_8267 (resized).JPGIMG_8267 (resized).JPG
#4074 5 years ago
Quoted from SkaterVet:

[quoted image]

Two people. Ha! Congrats!

#4075 5 years ago
Quoted from SkaterVet:

Put the front legs on and then lower it onto them. List the back up and kick the pallet out of the way. Then you'll need a helper to slide a stool under it while you have it lifted (or you may be able to pull this off on your own if its close by), so you can get the back legs on.

#4076 5 years ago
Quoted from sprite:

If this is how the LE playfields that are supposed to be the best quality are arriving I can only imagine what non LE play fields must be like. Did anyone else

receive one with similar issues?
[quoted image]

My play field has part of the 'M' missing as well...not sure if this is normal or not? mine doesn't have any other issues....

#4077 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

My play field has part of the 'M' missing as well...not sure if this is normal or not? mine doesn't have any other issues....

It is not like that on the original, but perhaps all the CGC games are like that.

#4078 5 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Put the front legs on and then lower it onto them. List the back up and kick the pallet out of the way. Then you'll need a helper to slide a stool under it while you have it lifted (or you may be able to pull this off on your own if its close by), so you can get the back legs on.

Thank you. I considered that, but once I get it off the pallet it must be carried upstairs. Maybe I'll just put the front legs on as suggested, pull the pallet out of the way and then take the front legs off again.

Does anyone know where to find the build date? There's a small price tag type sticker on the inside of the coin door that dates back to November 2018. This can't be the machine build date.

Finally, there is another sticker on the underside of the playfield that states Monster Bash #884/1000, but I have MBrLe #804. This must simply be the playfield run number.

#4079 5 years ago

Can anyone tell me, what does a fresh off the truck, NIB Monster Bash LE actually smell like? Of all the things I was expecting to happen before I turned 57, flipping balls on my new MBrLE in my front room was the one thing I was totally convinced would happen before my birthday today... well, it’s my party and I will cry if I want to, but right now, I would just be happy if a big cardboard box showed up, and inside was a simple black wooden box with piece of paper stapled to it with a drawing on it that looks like this:

70CE9911-6897-42C8-8095-E720BC7B19ED (resized).jpeg70CE9911-6897-42C8-8095-E720BC7B19ED (resized).jpeg
#4080 5 years ago

Non-Matching #858 has arrived! It has a manufacturer date of 2/21/19. It was shipped FEDEX freight. No issues. The shipping box was perfect. The wooden topper box starting to come apart at the staples when moving it, so be careful. It still has the decals wrapped on front corners, but so far no cracking. I thought that was changed earlier? Small scuff above the right front leg (maybe from the packing material), but everything else on a quick glance looks great! Really beautiful machine. I did a quick test run and all seem well. Very exciting!

IMG_3295 (resized).jpegIMG_3295 (resized).jpeg
#4081 5 years ago

anyone get the black and white williams userlogo to work from this link? My machine won't let me install - says it's -80 not 80.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1THp-UwMFn_A4XMPIahoYMrmyGP8mlwNr

Anyone have a black and white williams to share?

Thanks

#4082 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Can anyone tell me, what does a fresh off the truck, NIB Monster Bash LE actually smell like?

It's a rush. You open that card board box. And smell the new wood and fresh paint. Nothing like it in the world. Have fun.

LTG : )

#4083 5 years ago

Anybody else starting to be contacted by Automated Services for non matching MBR LE's ready to ship?

#4084 5 years ago

Do CGC games come with leg protectors, or should I order some?

#4085 5 years ago
Quoted from Maide:

Do CGC games come with leg protectors, or should I order some?

They have the metal standoffs built into the cabinet. So no need for leg protectors.

#4086 5 years ago

anyone heard anything about non-US games?

#4087 5 years ago
Quoted from PBINTHESOUTH:

Anybody else starting to be contacted by Automated Services for non matching MBR LE's ready to ship?

I am with Game Exchange, but I think all distributors got a few games as of this week. I was not luck enough to be in my distributors first batch. There's always next week.

#4088 5 years ago

Non-matching #955 arrived yesterday from KingPin Games. Chris was great to deal with, I'd definitely go through KingPin again.

#955 was built on 2/21. Everything looks good at first glance but I haven't checked it out too closely yet. The decals are wrapped around the front corners and are not cracked/split.

#4089 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

anyone heard anything about non-US games?

Yes, most of them use 220v *rimjob*

Edit: damn autocorrect

#4090 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yes, most of them use 220v *rimjob*

Please say you meant "rimshot"...

#4092 5 years ago

two questions:

1) when the ball returns from right orbit should hit go right back to right flipper or hit the right sling?

2) LED strip behind flippers - i added one since it's dark but the reflection on the big dmd is really bad. Anyway to cover it so it's not reflecting on the dmd?

#4093 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Here is a pic of the right side. SE from November 2018.

4BED254B-2210-442E-A0F4-FEE13BCF43D9 (resized).png4BED254B-2210-442E-A0F4-FEE13BCF43D9 (resized).png
#4094 5 years ago

you have to be a great player to play with a microscope!

play and enjoy. no new pin is perfect. go to the ce thread and look at some of the issues they are having upon arrival.

#4096 5 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

you have to be a great player to play with a microscope!
play and enjoy. no new pin is perfect. go to the ce thread and look at some of the issues they are having upon arrival.

I agree. I took delivery of my LE yesterday. It arrived in pieces.
Beware of these Freight Companies guys !!

20190228_124548 (resized).jpg20190228_124548 (resized).jpg20190228_141104 (resized).jpg20190228_141104 (resized).jpg
#4097 5 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Try to get all four balls gping on mosh pit and then keep hitting the frank ramp. One if my favorite parts of the game.

I do pretty good on Mosh Pit getting all 4 into play...

But, if you hit the frank ramp with all 4 into play, is that how you get the monsters to stage dive/crowd surf???
I saw just a bit of that animation one time, and I'm just curious how to get it, and if each monster has an diving animation.

#4098 5 years ago
Quoted from Higloss67:

Here is a pic of the right side. SE from November 2018.[quoted image]

what about the left side?

#4099 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

But, if you hit the frank ramp with all 4 into play, is that how you get the monsters to stage dive/crowd surf???
I saw just a bit of that animation one time, and I'm just curious how to get it, and if each monster has an diving animation.

I'm not sure since I suck and don't get there often and can't spare a second or two to look at the screen. I do know that 10 shots up the frank ramp during mosh pit awards a super jackpot.

#4100 5 years ago

Picked up matching #381s today!! Both look and play great! Are there any adjustments I should make on MBr settings?
65571BBE-610F-494D-9344-5799CE4B0CE1 (resized).jpeg65571BBE-610F-494D-9344-5799CE4B0CE1 (resized).jpegFEE7C49B-8038-4503-9DBA-D1C702A78BBB (resized).jpegFEE7C49B-8038-4503-9DBA-D1C702A78BBB (resized).jpeg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.95
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Asheville, NC
12,125 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Paul, MN
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Loris, SC
$ 210.00
£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

There are 9,332 posts in this topic. You are on page 82 of 187.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-remake-mbr-owners-club/page/82 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.