(Topic ID: 222461)

Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)

By MrSanRamon

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,332 posts
  • 732 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by KingMixer
  • Topic is favorited by 277 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)”

• I'm in on a CE 77 votes
    9%
  • I'm in on a SE 172 votes
    21%
  • I'm in on a LE 396 votes
    48%
  • I'm out for now 182 votes
    22%

(827 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wire switch 2 (resized).jpg
R orbit switch (resized).jpg
IMG_4951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4943 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0464 (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
IMG_3190 (resized).jpeg
Wolfman (resized).jpg
IMG_2467 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4014 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231111_165525077 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20231112-165133 (resized).png
20231110_123120 (resized).jpg
20231105_122730 (resized).jpg
94B393B7-CB09-4AFB-A166-CF0EC7F7F9A0 (resized).jpeg
3D150F78-A1C1-4B31-A9FA-00031163D7C1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 9,332 posts in this topic. You are on page 81 of 187.
#4001 5 years ago
Quoted from playernumber4:

Well...I have been waiting for my LE game patiently and was in no hurry. But I just found out they had one at Marvin's to play so I went directly there and spend more than a few dollars playing it, and an occasional JJP POTC. Maybe I had too high of expectations for MB, but regardless my ego was crushed by the SDTM shots one after another. Sure I started throwing the lower playfield around a little bit to avoid some of the drains, but it took the fun away of playing the game.
And I pick my games with the intention of providing entertainment for my grandsons too. But there is no way they could enjoy this game with the drain situation. To my surprise I did enjoy the JJP POTZ even though it was a standard. The LE even has more on it. So I will be cancelling my spot at Cointaker and a LE spot will be open for someone else after tomorrow.
I did not want to burst everyone's bubble. It was lots of fun to play until the scoop exits ruined my fun consistently. Maybe its just that people should be aware of this issue before they bring home their holy grail and find out it is not as much fun as expected.

location pinball doesnt care about sdtm.
for the most part i dislike location pinball. i like to setup my pins for the way i play. not for cheap drains and sdtm.

#4002 5 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

location pinball doesnt care about sdtm.
for the most part i dislike location pinball. i like to setup my pins for the way i play. not for cheap drains and sdtm.

Totally agree .. our local arcade has to have the worst set up pins ever... not leveled and totally flat leg levelers. So annoying . Also seems every scoop switch is broken..and they are all new pins .

#4003 5 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Talk about a letdown huh? This pin on the other hand is actually fun and beautiful (Hobbit is beautiful...and that's it)

No. I love the pin. So much so I would like to get something else but I can't seem to let it go yet. Absolutely great pin. I am struggling with selling it and adding cash to get the MBr LE - that is why I am lurking in this thread. But I just can't pull the trigger on it it yet. I still get a rush playing the wizard modes and trying to kill Smaug. Thanks for asking though.

#4004 5 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

No. I love the pin. So much so I would like to get something else but I can't seem to let it go yet. Absolutely great pin. I am struggling with selling it and adding cash to get the MBr LE - that is why I am lurking in this thread. But I just can't pull the trigger on it it yet. I still get a rush playing the wizard modes and trying to kill Smaug. Thanks for asking though.

this hobby will eat you up if you treat these pins like pokemon and want to catch them all. you have a pin you are happy with so keep it until its time to trade or sell off for another. good thing is that you can play them for a year and get back 80-90 percent of your money back and move on to the next one. i found when i had too many pins i would lose focus on playing and just worrying about getting the next one.

#4005 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

It's a tuffy indeed.

Tuffy was my first dogs name. He disappeared.
YOU CRACKED THE CASE?

#4006 5 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

this hobby will eat you up if you treat these pins like pokemon and want to catch them all. you have a pin you are happy with so keep it until its time to trade or sell off for another. good thing is that you can play them for a year and get back 80-90 percent of your money back and move on to the next one. i found when i had too many pins i would lose focus on playing and just worrying about getting the next one.

Good advise. Yeah I plan on having only 1 pin for the next few years. Then I'll probably have two, and then the flood gates will open and three won't be far behind...

But enough about hobbit and my circumstances - let's see some more unboxing and in home play vids

#4007 5 years ago

I'm still struggling with the popups on my game. I've had multi-balls time out because it can't kick a new ball into the shooter lane (game gives up trying). I also have the SDTM issue with the scoop every 5-10 balls. I've swapped balls, tested elevations between 6-7.5 degrees, leveled and re-leveled, and set power to 'max'. These issues affect nearly every game played. It's as if the ball is resting in the trough properly and the striker is loose and hitting off-center. It's inconsistent but visibly noticeable.

Short of bending things, is anyone else having this issue and sorted it?

#4008 5 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

I'm still struggling with the popups on my game. I've had multi-balls time out because it can't kick a new ball into the shooter lane (game gives up trying). I also have the SDTM issue with the scoop every 5-10 balls. I've swapped balls, tested elevations between 6-7.5 degrees, leveled and re-leveled, and set power to 'max'. These issues affect nearly every game played. It's as if the ball is resting in the trough properly and the striker is loose and hitting off-center. It's inconsistent but visibly noticeable.
Short of bending things, is anyone else having this issue and sorted it?

Just adjust the scoop or maybe even put a piece of foam inside the scoop like this to make it shoot out more to the right or left.

20180419_032548 (resized).jpg20180419_032548 (resized).jpg
#4009 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Just adjust the scoop or maybe even put a piece of foam inside the scoop like this to make it shoot out more to the right or left. [quoted image]

Thanks, I'll try that

#4010 5 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

Thanks, I'll try that

You're welcome. That is just a piece of ball dead drop foam that i stuck in there on my GB game because it was kicking out SDTM of my flippers and now it kicks the ball out to the right flipper like money every time. Theres probably some kind of foam similar to that at hardware stores i would assume. I got that at pinbits.com i believe a long time ago. Good luck.

#4011 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

You're welcome. That is just a piece of ball dead drop foam that i stuck in there on my GB game because it was kicking out SDTM of my flippers and now it kicks the ball out to the right flipper like money every time. Theres probably some kind of foam similar to that at hardware stores i would assume. I got that at pinbits.com i believe a long time ago. Good luck.

It’s hard to find in the same density and thickness that Pinbits sells - id order from there if it’s still available

#4012 5 years ago

Just got word last night that my non matching LE is being delivered to my distributor today. I'll be picking it up at the Retro Jax show in Jacksonville FL next weekend. I ordered it back in October, but honestly haven't minded the wait. Kind of makes me remember what it was like when I was a kid, and would get excited as Christmas got closer. FYI, I ordered mine from The Little Shop of Games in Florida, and Marshall has been great keeping me updated on the status over the last several months. I'll post some pics once it's home.

#4014 5 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Good advise. Yeah I plan on having only 1 pin for the next few years.

Good luck with that

#4015 5 years ago
Quoted from BryanBPH:

Just got word last night that my non matching LE is being delivered to my distributor today. I'll be picking it up at the Retro Jax show in Jacksonville FL next weekend. I ordered it back in October, but honestly haven't minded the wait. Kind of makes me remember what it was like when I was a kid, and would get excited as Christmas got closer. FYI, I ordered mine from The Little Shop of Games in Florida, and Marshall has been great keeping me updated on the status over the last several months. I'll post some pics once it's home.

This is some great news! I also ordered from Little Shop of Games and worked with Marshall. Hopefully I'll hear from him soon. Now I'm getting really excited! This will be my first pin

#4016 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

YOU CRACKED THE CASE?

Getting close.

#4017 5 years ago
Quoted from mrfp:

I am having issues with both ramps, although right ramp is worse. Curious to hear what they say.

Just wondering if CGC ever got back to you on this. I'm having the same issue with the right ramp.

#4018 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Just adjust the scoop or maybe even put a piece of foam inside the scoop like this to make it shoot out more to the right or left. [quoted image]

Thank you very much. I thought maybe I could come up some type of modification to affect the kick out and you have confirmed it. Its nice to know that will not be a problem now and I will stay with the order.

#4019 5 years ago

And Just when I thought Who-Dey was only trying to sell everyone on a Stern Munsters Pro, and he goes and saves a MBrLE purchase for CGC. +1 for both @playernumber4, @who-dey, and our hobby. This is the kind of help and positive things I like seeing in pinball.

#4020 5 years ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

Thanks. I don’t think I’d have the width I would need in a pickup truck.

You just leave them standing up and put them in front and back.

#4021 5 years ago

Quick question, would you...trade a very nice congo and a very nice fishtails for a mble with under a 100 games on?. Trade is with a friend so not worried about any "unforeseen " issues. Simple trade between good friends.

#4022 5 years ago

Wonder if this could be resolved by a redesign of the scoop. Maybe some downward turned edges to give the ball a much more precise exit from the hole.

#4023 5 years ago
Quoted from Ozzy:

Quick question, would you...trade a very nice congo and a very nice fishtails for a mble with under a 100 games on?. Trade is with a friend so not worried about any "unforeseen " issues. Simple trade between good friends.

Those are two really fun games. I guess it depends on if you played MB back in the day and loved it. Monster bash has always been on my grail list and was just too expensive for me to purchase. The remake makes it more affordable and with (hopefully) less issues over time.

#4024 5 years ago

Just picked up my non matching LE I ordered day 1.

8C62F966-8569-4E49-B865-B903D81B071B (resized).jpeg8C62F966-8569-4E49-B865-B903D81B071B (resized).jpeg
#4025 5 years ago
Quoted from Ozzy:

no.

#4026 5 years ago
Quoted from Ozzy:

Fishtales and Congo for An LE... Hmm... for me, nope. I would keep the LE. Fishtales and something else besides Congo? Maybe. Congo has a player following that I never understood, but this swap is a no brainer for those Congo liking players. I normally would go for a 2 for 1 but Congo doesn’t sweeten the deal for me. Ymmv.

#4027 5 years ago

If they are close friends, just do a temp 'borrow' trade? ....leave both your options open

#4028 5 years ago

They finally asked for final payment....

#4029 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

They finally asked for final payment....

+ 1 here. Joe Newhart is my distributor and he e-mailed me today for final payment and to say my non-matching # LE is shipping soon. It could still be a few weeks but this is one of several confirmations on this thread that non-matching LEs are on the way.

#4030 5 years ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

+ 1 here. Joe Newhart is my distributor and he e-mailed me today for final payment and to say my non-matching # LE is shipping soon. It could still be a few weeks but this is one of several confirmations on this thread that non-matching LEs are on the way.

May I ask when you placed your deposit as I ordered from Joe as well and if his LEs are starting to come out then that's a good sign for me

#4031 5 years ago

Day 1 in October.

#4032 5 years ago
Quoted from Ozzy:

Had all 3 and no i would not do that trade unless its just temporary.

#4033 5 years ago

Any thoughts on what the preset game difficulty should be in utilities?

#4034 5 years ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

May I ask when you placed your deposit as I ordered from Joe as well and if his LEs are starting to come out then that's a good sign for me

I placed my deposit with Joe within the first few minutes of receiving his e-mail as soon as MBR was available. But I'm not sure you can read too much into where you could be in the queue or whether I got earlier priority based on my deposit being in right away. But, indeed, it's a good sign for all of us that the non-matching LEs are being shipped.

#4035 5 years ago

Okay, a brief update... Long story short CGC made good, and I have my monster bash and its working really nice. They went above and beyond, and were total pros and aces and great attitude. So while I was most likely a customer for life, it further cemented that for me.
Now, I just need to tweak and get all the nasty bugs out of my game... Which will be saved for a future post...
I do have a question. I lowered flipper strength by 1.
But, my machine is a 6.5 level... Thinking of raising it a bit.
I don't really get airballs now during normal gameplay...
But, during frank MB frank really sets them flying.
If I raise the pitch to a 7 or 7.5 will that be cut down?

#4036 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Wonder if this could be resolved by a redesign of the scoop. Maybe some downward turned edges to give the ball a much more precise exit from the hole.

You could experiment with the drop dead foam anyplace in that scoop to change the deflection of the ball. I am confident that enough of us will try different things and come up with a common solution. It sure is easier than making aluminum shims or spacers that I was thinking about.

#4037 5 years ago

I don’t think foam will work for my location machines. It will get worn and tattered pretty fast. It’s great for home use, though.

#4038 5 years ago
Quoted from DANGERTERROR:

I don’t think foam will work for my location machines. It will get worn and tattered pretty fast. It’s great for home use, though.

Mine has been in my ghostbusters for a long time now. If it comes loose you can just put in another piece. It may not be the best solution to the problem but it does work well, at least on my GB it did.

#4039 5 years ago

Shhhhhhhh.....

It's heeeeeeere!

No cabinet issues and built like a tank. Great job cgc.
20190227_192139 (resized).jpg20190227_192139 (resized).jpg

#4040 5 years ago

That is beautiful delt31, congrats!

#4041 5 years ago

Can you upgrade the ce to se or le playfield enhancements ? Like the creature upgrade. if so where the Hell do you buy them?

#4042 5 years ago

Hello everybody,
I hadn‘t until now the chance to see a monster bash remake - only watched it on pics and on YouTube. I know the original and this edition felt too dark for me. I like the gameplay very much. Is the remake with the led really brighter? is there a real difference compared to the old version? Thank you for your answers!

#4043 5 years ago
Quoted from 1967Firebird:

Just picked up my non matching LE I ordered day 1.[quoted image]

Oohh the numbers are getting high (1190) the UK models cant be that far away?

Is there any CGC employees that can comment on the UK delivery timings?

#4044 5 years ago
Quoted from Pablouk:

Oohh the numbers are getting high (1190) the UK models cant be that far away?
Is there any CGC employees that can comment on the UK delivery timings?

I don’t think they’re being built sequentially. -1190 and 360(odd) unboxed within a few days?

I’m in Oz and still yet to hear anything solid. I believe 60 are coming here. Cant wait!!

#4045 5 years ago

Now that I own one, I changed the GI color from warm to bright white and the game to me pops even more. I'm also someone that loves a ton of light so might be too much for some. There is also a LED strip option in the background to make that brighter which of course I turned up too.

FYI - as I didn't even know about the LED strip option in the back.

#4046 5 years ago

Non-matching LE #804 will arrive tomorrow. I placed my deposit on day 1 and paid in full a week or two ago.

#4047 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Now that I own one, I changed the GI color from warm to bright white and the game to me pops even more. I'm also someone that loves a ton of light so might be too much for some. There is also a LED strip option in the background to make that brighter which of course I turned up too.
FYI - as I didn't even know about the LED strip option in the back.

Are you saying the game comes with an LED strip in the back that you can adjust from the setting menu?

#4048 5 years ago
Quoted from SkaterVet:

Are you saying the game comes with an LED strip in the back that you can adjust from the setting menu?

Yes it's in the cgc setting menu.

#4049 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Okay, a brief update... Long story short CGC made good, and I have my monster bash and its working really nice. They went above and beyond, and were total pros and aces and great attitude. So while I was most likely a customer for life, it further cemented that for me.
Now, I just need to tweak and get all the nasty bugs out of my game... Which will be saved for a future post...
I do have a question. I lowered flipper strength by 1.
But, my machine is a 6.5 level... Thinking of raising it a bit.
I don't really get airballs now during normal gameplay...
But, during frank MB frank really sets them flying.
If I raise the pitch to a 7 or 7.5 will that be cut down?

Most people have flipper strength on -6 or so.

#4050 5 years ago
Quoted from flipper73:

Is the remake with the led really brighter? is there a real difference compared to the old version?

Brighter and a light show.

LTG : )

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Machine - For Sale
Shepherdsville, KY
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.95
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

12,125 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Paul, MN
$ 210.00
£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 9,332 posts in this topic. You are on page 81 of 187.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-remake-mbr-owners-club/page/81?hl=pablouk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.