(Topic ID: 222461)

Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)

By MrSanRamon

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,324 posts
  • 731 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by KidDynamite
  • Topic is favorited by 277 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)”

• I'm in on a CE 77 votes
    9%
  • I'm in on a SE 172 votes
    21%
  • I'm in on a LE 396 votes
    48%
  • I'm out for now 182 votes
    22%

(827 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wire switch 2 (resized).jpg
R orbit switch (resized).jpg
IMG_4951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4943 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0464 (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
IMG_3190 (resized).jpeg
Wolfman (resized).jpg
IMG_2467 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4014 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231111_165525077 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20231112-165133 (resized).png
20231110_123120 (resized).jpg
20231105_122730 (resized).jpg
94B393B7-CB09-4AFB-A166-CF0EC7F7F9A0 (resized).jpeg
3D150F78-A1C1-4B31-A9FA-00031163D7C1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 9,324 posts in this topic. You are on page 80 of 187.
#3951 5 years ago
Quoted from cheshirefilms:

The gent who delivered my game waited and didn't request a tip or seem in any hurry whatsoever.
He was relaxing on the sofa, enjoying the can of coke I put in his hand.

Now I know why my games never get delivered on time

#3953 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Thats great, but I can't imagine most would be willing to wait for someone to unbox, setup, fire up the game, and then test? In an ideal world your experience is best

I didn't go all the way through testing...but I did get it on its legs and power on before I gave the all clear

#3954 5 years ago
Quoted from hassellcastle:

Not to worry my friend.

Don't forget Craig also should have some sheets of HD glass!

#3955 5 years ago

MBrLE #704 in the house!! (Well the garage for now!). Delivery driver was amazing. Gave him a can of coke and Red Bull and $20. Brought it inside my garage. Said no problem and to take as much time as I wanted to inspect. Great experience.

5C9973C4-F0DB-43C7-B6F4-B256A9C3CE75.jpeg5C9973C4-F0DB-43C7-B6F4-B256A9C3CE75.jpegB818B3D2-2FD6-4652-B382-14DB2096BEC4.jpegB818B3D2-2FD6-4652-B382-14DB2096BEC4.jpegCED2ACE7-997A-4FA0-90AA-89F2C53CA190.jpegCED2ACE7-997A-4FA0-90AA-89F2C53CA190.jpegDEBAD62E-B50B-42DF-9C7B-BCC920D1CA5A.jpegDEBAD62E-B50B-42DF-9C7B-BCC920D1CA5A.jpeg
#3956 5 years ago

Who knew Coke went so far in the world!

#3957 5 years ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

And a smile...

#3958 5 years ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

rj (resized).jpgrj (resized).jpg
#3959 5 years ago

Wanted to post a pic of my decals. Game was printed manufactured 02/12/2019. My decals are NOT wrapped and cut right up to the end. In my opinion they look great.

D65E525C-F559-4E32-A243-726163F2D90B.jpegD65E525C-F559-4E32-A243-726163F2D90B.jpegB5BE36E0-F120-4C42-9375-7941C2F734A2.jpegB5BE36E0-F120-4C42-9375-7941C2F734A2.jpeg
#3960 5 years ago

Any owner unboxing vids on youtube of the LE yet? I would love to see any vids (unboxing, playing, or just panning around the PF/cab).

Thanks!

Future Owner

#3961 5 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Any owner unboxing vids on youtube of the LE yet? I would love to see any vids (unboxing, playing, or just panning around the PF/cab).
Thanks!
Future Owner

I have a video when I somewhat unbox my MBR SE it’s not a LE but it’s still a unboxing .. I never did a YouTube video but that would be cool for me to post

#3962 5 years ago

Don't want to ruffle any feathers, but I think I'm going to ask for my deposit back soon. Non matching LE on order since before Thanksgiving and nothing.

#3963 5 years ago
Quoted from SheriffBarclay:

Don't want to ruffle any feathers, but I think I'm going to ask for my deposit back soon. Non-matching LE on order since before Thanksgiving and nothing.

I paid my deposit for a non-matching LE like 5 minutes after ordering opened on 10/19/18, and haven't heard a single word about it since then. So yeah, that's a little frustrating but I'm holding out that it'll get here soon now that non-matching ones are getting in people's hands.

#3964 5 years ago
Quoted from mjannusch:

I paid my deposit for a non-matching LE like 5 minutes after ordering opened on 10/19/18, and haven't heard a single word about it since then. So yeah, that's a little frustrating but I'm holding out that it'll get here soon now that non-matching ones are getting in people's hands.

You guys crack me up. I waited 8 months on preorder for Houdini!

#3965 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Thats maybe the saddest story I've heard in awHile

#3966 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Haha That was the easiest softball ever... didn't even take 1 whole
Minute!

#3967 5 years ago

I'm in on an LE as of yesterday. Really excited for this one.

#3968 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

8 months?! Shoot, that’s a brief nap compared to wait on the MMRLE!

#3969 5 years ago
Quoted from JFink8222:

Wanted to post a pic of my decals. Game was printed manufactured 02/12/2019. My decals are NOT wrapped and cut right up to the end. In my opinion they look great.
[quoted image][quoted image]

That's how they all look. From the sides, anyway. So long as it isn't cracked- and those are in the single digits percent wise according to CGC- that's actually the best look the game can have.

The wrapped corners on MBr are done from the front underneath the sides. Now, if the front looks like you can see the white edges or some black- well, then, the change has been made in that way.

However- it was my general understanding that when the change got made, we'd see black cabinet a little from the edge on all sides. Much the same as a modern Stern.

Personally, I hope CGC identified a manufacturing issue in the decals themselves being wrapped in the games with the problem or in the wrapping process itself and remedied it instead, outside of the localized deep freeze weather issue- the wrapped look really is amazing aesthetically.

#3970 5 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

hahaha, you're right!

#3971 5 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

I waited over 2 years for hobbit

#3972 5 years ago
Quoted from DANGERTERROR:

There’s a whole thread about this, but the scoop is wildly inconsistent on my MBR which gets lots of plays on location. Here’s what I’ve tried:
Adjusting the power
Repositioning the assembly (there’s really only millimeters of wiggle room) by loosening screws and re tightening.
Polishing the scoop to reduce spin
Raising the plunger up 1/8 inch (and tried 1/4 inch) to have the ball rest on it
None of this has worked. The ball can hit anywhere from the slingshot to SDTM.
I think the plunger has uneven wear already (!) and is the main culprit.
I’m going to open a ticket.

I wonder if some creative pinball game owner with the right tools at his shop could make an angled shim of some sort to put on the side of the scoop to deflect the ball at a slightly different angle? It would not take much, and it would be easy to stick it on. Its a good chance for someone to make a couple of bucks towards his pinball habit too!

#3973 5 years ago
Quoted from playernumber4:

I wonder if some creative pinball game owner with the right tools at his shop could make an angled shim of some sort to put on the side of the scoop to deflect the ball at a slightly different angle? It would not take much, and it would be easy to stick it on. Its a good chance for someone to make a couple of bucks towards his pinball habit too!

Can you post a picture? It may not be the scoop

#3974 5 years ago

I am also have some inconsistencies, we will call them, with the ball coming out of the scoop and going SDTM. I had ordered a black line Cliffys, but mine came with a metal scoop protector, so haven't installed. It doesn't appear to be Cliffy quality and showed visible dents after just a couple of games. Curious if anyone has swapped out for the Cliffys black line protector and what, if any, impact that had on SDTM issue.

#3975 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I wish I could give you 100 thumbs up! Pure brilliance. LMAO

#3976 5 years ago

If anyone is interested in a pinstadium light kit UV Glow with flashers and shields lmk. I just got it from a fellow pinsider and am not going to use it - need the funds for other reasons.

$240 shipped (what I paid and I am eating the shipping costs I paid and the new shipping costs to you)

#3977 5 years ago

Matching #381 AFMR LE and MBR LE waiting for me to pick up. Grabbing them Friday. Can’t wait!

#3978 5 years ago

Hey guys I remember being absolutely blown away by all models (but esp LE) at the "reveal" last Expo. I coulda sworn Ryan from CGC said retail on LE was $6999. Am I just drunk? Trick question.

#3979 5 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

I waited over 2 years for hobbit

Talk about a letdown huh? This pin on the other hand is actually fun and beautiful (Hobbit is beautiful...and that's it)

#3980 5 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Talk about a letdown huh? This pin on the other hand is actually fun and beautiful (Hobbit is beautiful...and that's it)

Played code from last month? It’s a whole lot more

#3981 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Hey guys I remember being absolutely blown away by all models (but esp LE) at the "reveal" last Expo. I coulda SWORN Ryan from CGC said retail on LE was $6999. Am I just drunk? Trick question.

Yep probably drunk ...but that’s ok.

MBrLE has been the same price at reveal as it is now. $7999 plus freight.

#3982 5 years ago
Quoted from hassellcastle:

Yep probably drunk ...but that’s ok.
MBrLE has been the same price at reveal as it is now. $7999 plus freight.

Thanks man. Guess that was my wishful thinkin. Damn. Might just have to wait for one to come up used.

#3983 5 years ago

Has anyone had any experience hauling two NIB pins? I am headed to the terminal to pick two up this week and need to rent a truck. Am told they are each 72x36x36 on the pallet. If I get a 10ft box truck with inside dimensions of 119x76x74 am I cutting it too close? I am thinkIng about laying them down and removing from the pallet at the terminal. I can always upgrade Tom the 15ft truck at 189x92x86. Never have done this before so looking for some advice.

#3984 5 years ago

Anyone else getting their balls stuck here?? (I’m sure plenty of comments will roll in on that one). I have my game set at 7.3 pitch. I feel like the “V” was cut too big. Can’t squeeze it back. Gonna open a ticket I think Right ramp

4E52C5B6-F370-4992-9FC4-E5A763190E77.jpeg4E52C5B6-F370-4992-9FC4-E5A763190E77.jpeg
#3985 5 years ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

Has anyone had any experience hauling two NIB pins? I am headed to the terminal to pick two up this week and need to rent a truck. Am told they are each 72x36x36 on the pallet. If I get a 10ft box truck with inside dimensions of 119x76x74 am I cutting it too close? I am thinkIng about laying them down and removing from the pallet at the terminal. I can always upgrade Tom the 15ft truck at 189x92x86. Never have done this before so looking for some advice.

Why not just get a pickup truck and put them in the bed?

Laying the boxes down is easy... securing them in the truck won't be as easy in that position tho. Just take them off the pallet and tilt them to get through the door if necessary. Note the door opening is typically smaller than the roof clearance due to the roll door. Then strap them to the sides of the truck.

#3986 5 years ago

Look you have to be careful when you stick your balls in the V. It's a lot like the Bermuda Triangle your balls could simply be swallowed up the V and disappear. Worse your balls could get stuck in the V then you have a B or multiple Bs and then you are completely out of Ds and then you are really up SC. Safety first sir.

Sir since the VP is such a VIP shouldn't we keep the PC on the QT because if it leaks to the VC he could end up MIA and then we would all end up on KP.

#3987 5 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Why not just get a pickup truck and put them in the bed?
Laying the boxes down is easy... securing them in the truck won't be as easy in that position tho. Just take them off the pallet and tilt them to get through the door if necessary. Note the door opening is typically smaller than the roof clearance due to the roll door. Then strap them to the sides of the truck.

Thanks. I don’t think I’d have the width I would need in a pickup truck.

#3988 5 years ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

Thanks. I don’t think I’d have the width I would need in a pickup truck.

A pickup with an 6 1/2 - 8 foot bed would work. They would need to go back to back standing up.

#3989 5 years ago

Awesome response. Haha. If anyone wants gameplay, here is a vid of my 5 yr old playing Frankie multiball

#3990 5 years ago

The light show on the remake is just sick. I owned an OG MB for almost 15 years and thought it was decent but not great this version is a lot better. And I just cannot get enough of the XL display.

I hope they do come out with an MMRLE or whatever they want to call it and give it the XL treatment. That game deserves it.

Can't wait to see their next game either - problem is I am out of room and more importantly ... money!

#3991 5 years ago

Well...I have been waiting for my LE game patiently and was in no hurry. But I just found out they had one at Marvin's to play so I went directly there and spend more than a few dollars playing it, and an occasional JJP POTC. Maybe I had too high of expectations for MB, but regardless my ego was crushed by the SDTM shots one after another. Sure I started throwing the lower playfield around a little bit to avoid some of the drains, but it took the fun away of playing the game.
And I pick my games with the intention of providing entertainment for my grandsons too. But there is no way they could enjoy this game with the drain situation. To my surprise I did enjoy the JJP POTZ even though it was a standard. The LE even has more on it. So I will be cancelling my spot at Cointaker and a LE spot will be open for someone else after tomorrow.
I did not want to burst everyone's bubble. It was lots of fun to play until the scoop exits ruined my fun consistently. Maybe its just that people should be aware of this issue before they bring home their holy grail and find out it is not as much fun as expected.

#3992 5 years ago

I have not had any issues at all with the scoop. It works perfectly and pops the ball directly to the left flipper every time. Cancelling an order over a scoop that was obviously not adjusted correctly is crazy. It’s a simple tweak if you have a scoop that isn’t popping the call out correctly. Sounds like you just wanted an excuse to get out. It’s all good. Someone else in line will have and enjoy an amazing game. These machines take some tweaking to get right sometimes. No biggie at all.

#3993 5 years ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

I hope they do come out with an MMRLE or whatever they want to call it and give it the XL treatment. That game deserves it.

It really does. I want an MMR, but am holding out for when they can offer the Xl screen, and maybe a topper at good as AFMR. If any game deserves this treatment it’s MM. I’m sure it would sell.

#3994 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Thanks man. Guess that was my wishful thinkin. Damn. Might just have to wait for one to come up used.

Get an SE Gryszzz! You know you need that mosh pit multiball - most metal mode in pinball!

#3995 5 years ago

I was told by My distributor that they are no longer wrapping the corners !
Funny thing is my AFMLE has wrapped corners and no issues

Looking forward to seeing the blue trim in person

#3996 5 years ago
Quoted from canea:

Get an SE Gryszzz!

STOP MAKING SENSE

#3997 5 years ago

But I just found out they had one at Marvin's to play so I went directly there and spend more than a few dollars playing it, and an occasional JJP POTC. Maybe I had too high of expectations for MB, but regardless my ego was crushed by the SDTM shots one after another. Sure I started throwing the lower playfield around a little bit to avoid some of the drains, but it took the fun away of playing the game.

I've had mine for several months now and I get an occasional SDTM drain off of Dracula's foot when the ball comes out of the right orbit, but rare enough that it does not come close to ruining the game. I think the game you played maybe wasn't setup optimally? Maybe is just needed to be dialed in some? Or maybe after years of owning TWD, my tolerance for STDM cheap drains is very high. Either way, its certainly not a bad choice going with JJP POTC, I picked up one as well. You still win!

#3998 5 years ago

So I will be cancelling my spot at Cointaker and a LE spot will be open for someone else after tomorrow.
I did not want to burst everyone's bubble. It was lots of fun to play until the scoop exits ruined my fun consistently. Maybe its just that people should be aware of this issue before they bring home their holy grail and find out it is not as much fun as expected.

Well, I never let a single copy of a machine set my overall opinion of a specific pin title. That you judged MB on a single session on a single machine that was not set up correctly or tweaked to play like it should is not a fair representation of the fun MB has to offer, imo. But I have played probably 10+ or more different copies over the years, including all three trim levels on CGC’s MBr, and the scoop and Dracs feet have frustrated me in the past even on OG MB’s, so I know how you feel

Occasional SDTM off Dracs feet or from the scoop is part of playing MB... a double left orbit shot will naturally send it SDTM off Dracs feet if you don’t nudge it as it comes around fast. MB, once it settles in and settles down is pretty rock solid in a HUO collection, that’s a big reason I bought one. It can be a very challenging but quick machine to play, or one that makes you chop wood all night on the Bride ramps until you get the effin’ microphone, my biggest nemesis and usual roadblock to get to MOR.

#3999 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

STOP MAKING SENSE

It's a tuffy indeed.

#4000 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Well, I never let a single copy of a machine set my overall opinion of a specific pin title. That you judged MB on a single session on a single machine that was not set up correctly or tweaked to play like it should is not a fair representation of the fun MB has to offer, imo. But I have played probably 10+ or more different copies over the years, including all three trim levels on CGC’s MBr, and the scoop and Dracs feet have frustrated me in the past even on OG MB’s, so I know how you feel
Occasional SDTM off Dracs feet or from the scoop is part of playing MB... a double left orbit shot will naturally send it SDTM off Dracs feet if you don’t nudge it as it comes around fast. MB, once it settles in and settles down is pretty rock solid in a HUO collection, that’s a big reason I bought one. It can be a very challenging but quick machine to play, or one that makes you chop wood all night on the Bride ramps until you get the effin’ microphone, my biggest nemesis and usual roadblock to get to MOR.

My nemesis was always creech....

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
There are 9,324 posts in this topic. You are on page 80 of 187.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-remake-mbr-owners-club/page/80?hl=londonpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.