(Topic ID: 222461)

Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)

By MrSanRamon

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,330 posts
  • 732 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 31 hours ago by Dashmonster
  • Topic is favorited by 277 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)”

• I'm in on a CE 77 votes
    9%
  • I'm in on a SE 172 votes
    21%
  • I'm in on a LE 396 votes
    48%
  • I'm out for now 182 votes
    22%

(827 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wire switch 2 (resized).jpg
R orbit switch (resized).jpg
IMG_4951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4943 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0464 (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
IMG_3190 (resized).jpeg
Wolfman (resized).jpg
IMG_2467 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4014 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231111_165525077 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20231112-165133 (resized).png
20231110_123120 (resized).jpg
20231105_122730 (resized).jpg
94B393B7-CB09-4AFB-A166-CF0EC7F7F9A0 (resized).jpeg
3D150F78-A1C1-4B31-A9FA-00031163D7C1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 9,330 posts in this topic. You are on page 79 of 187.
#3901 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

that is the overlap...the front is under it same as the rest

Whew!! thanks. I though ohhh no

#3902 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballocd:

Anyone tried to load a custom logo recently on a MBRLE. Just tried 10 times and no go. When I pressing Start button does nothing. MicroSD is fat 32 and file name and size etc are correct. Also have tried using a Mac and PC putting image on MicroSD. Any advice?

Well never mind works perfect as long as your start button is working. Not sure what happend but all good.

#3903 5 years ago

Well, I got rotten luck...
Seems a new record for broken machine for me though...
So no sooner than set up, one of the mechs breaks on me.
Frankenstien's Monster table does not go up or down. Its stuck in place. Yes, the game prepares for that eventuallity in the code, so I can still play the game, but the Frankie Monster's bash toy does come down, and lets be honest, its a cool bash toy.
I get there errors Switch 82 up/dn bank down.
Switch 81 bank up... And I think I might have an error on switch 83. Hard to tell. Don't like how the diagnostics is for this machine.
Also my lock down bar is very jittery. A pain in the butt to use. And I have them on my other machines... I really think stern discontinuing them is the right call.

Anyway. I am really cheesed off right now. Hope its a simple fix... I do have family coming over to play it tomorrow, and I'd like it to be working.

#3904 5 years ago

My experience restoring games and using the cab protectors are great. I prefer the metal because when you tighten them they don’t crack .

Now Go play Pinball !!!

#3905 5 years ago

I've noticed after playing this is a super dark basement without any other light or machine on. It's very dark down by the flippers and in the center by the CD. Not sure if this is something I will adjust to but I'm wondering if anyone has tried doing any strip lighting or spotlights to help it down there. I don't even want to hear about pinstadium so don't bother with that. Just want maybe a bit more lighting at the bottom.

#3906 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Stern have now switched to plastic for obvious reasons.

The plastic ones are junk ! They crack
But it saves a $1 per game
My Dad calls them bean counters who
Makes these decisions !!!

#3907 5 years ago
Quoted from vwallat99:

I'Just want maybe a bit more lighting at the bottom.

Just order a through led light strip !
I had to put one on my Original MB

#3908 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Well, I got rotten luck...
Seems a new record for broken machine for me though...
So no sooner than set up, one of the mechs breaks on me.
Frankenstien's Monster table does not go up or down. Its stuck in place. Yes, the game prepares for that eventuallity in the code, so I can still play the game, but the Frankie Monster's bash toy does come down, and lets be honest, its a cool bash toy.
I get there errors Switch 82 up/dn bank down.
Switch 81 bank up... And I think I might have an error on switch 83. Hard to tell. Don't like how the diagnostics is for this machine.
Also my lock down bar is very jittery. A pain in the butt to use. And I have them on my other machines... I really think stern discontinuing them is the right call.
Anyway. I am really cheesed off right now. Hope its a simple fix... I do have family coming over to play it tomorrow, and I'd like it to be working.

The lock down bar has screws on the underside of it that you can adjust to keep it from being jittery.

#3909 5 years ago
Quoted from SkaterVet:

The lock down bar has screws on the underside of it that you can adjust to keep it from being jittery.

No, I mean it doesn't lock and unlock easily. I spend a lot of time fiddling with it to get it to close properly.
But, I really am more concerned about the frankie bash toy not working.

#3910 5 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

What color do you recommend?

#3911 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

But, I really am more concerned about the frankie bash toy not working.

Sorry to hear of your problems.....Stay calm...………………..what did you find when lifting the playfield and examining the mechanism/coil assembly under the playfield that actuates the Frankie bed "Toy" ??…….binding,mis-aligned mech.,loose screws and maybe it shifted under there,wires stuck in the assembly ???,there is some kind of hinge under there.....check it all out.

Yay pinball ownership and all the fixes/tweeks they need !! Hang tuff man !!

#3912 5 years ago
Quoted from v8torino:

Sorry to hear of your problems.....Stay calm...………………..what did you find when lifting the playfield and examining the mechanism/coil assembly under the playfield that actuates the Frankie bed "Toy" ??…….binding,mis-aligned mech.,loose screws and maybe it shifted under there,wires stuck in the assembly ???,there is some kind of hinge under there.....check it all out.
Yay pinball ownership and all the fixes/tweeks they need !! Hang tuff man !!

I coudln't find anything out of place... I'll look again tomorrow with a less tired and frustrated set of eyes. I've been known to miss very blatant and easily noticeable things.

I did smell something burning in my house for a few minutes. And I was walking around trying to spot the smell. And then I gave up. And started to play pinball again... And then I noticed that during Frankie MB, ramp wasn't working...

And there also was powder on the subwoofer in the cab... I'm a bit afraid that a coil burned out... Replacing the coil now that I know how to solder shouldn't be too hard(don't want to do it on a new machine though really silly and BS), and if that is the case... Gotta find out what caused it to burn out.

Not too keen on this all to be honest... As within 48 hours I had a major ramp issue with my Iron Maiden Prem... But, despite that issue and the crappy sarcophagus hit detection I haven't really had any major issues with that one...
So I do hope once I sort this, then I will have some smooth sailing.

#3913 5 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Yeah that's kind of where I'm leaning towards. Just wondering if anyone has done this yet and how it turned out. Idk if it will look right with the color changes?

#3914 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballocd:

What color do you recommend?

My original MB I did a black light with glow in the dark flipper decals but I ordered a white strip this time but waiting for game to arrive to install. I wanted more light
I also ordered a disco ball, Frank table,
Titan rubbers . I love my AFMLE after selling a mint restored original and have never second guessed my decision
Hopefully MBRLE works out as well

#3915 5 years ago
Quoted from vwallat99:

Yeah that's kind of where I'm leaning towards. Just wondering if anyone has done this yet and how it turned out. Idk if it will look right with the color changes?

Lermods sells a color changing trough light for MBr for $46. I’m likely going to order a blue trough light from them and not go for the color changing option.

#3916 5 years ago
Quoted from SkaterVet:

Lermods sells a color changing trough light for MBr for $46. I’m likely going to order a blue trough light from them and not go for the color changing option.

Doesn't really change with the game which would be annoying.

#3917 5 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

My experience restoring games and using the cab protectors are great. I prefer the metal because when you tighten them they don’t crack .
Now Go play Pinball !!!

Yes I agree with this. We were just commenting that Stern likely switched to the plastic versions because of cost. They still work well though and I haven't cracked one yet. When I restore games I always install the metal versions and I'll never have to worry about wrinkled side art again

#3918 5 years ago
Quoted from vwallat99:

Doesn't really change with the game which would be annoying.

It does change with the game on the SE and the LE, but not the CE.

#3919 5 years ago
Quoted from Pablouk:

Good news with the Non matching LE rolling out in USA. Does anyone know when production / shipping starts on the European models. I am in UK and can't wait for my first NIB machine!!

Still no words on European customers, but I can wait as long as I get a cabinet without wrapped decals.

#3920 5 years ago

At this point I think if it comes delivered with cracked decals, or the backbox ripped off and the cabinet looking like a rhomboided Ford Festiva after a head on collision, I might still sign for my LE. After 5 months of waiting, they could deliver a Thunderturds are Go and I probably would sign for that too... Hell, right now if a refrigerator box showed up with a plank of plywood, 2 buttons, a battery, a buzzer, and a lightbulb screwed to it, I might sign on the line for that too... all of it would be more than the NIB LE I expected to have recieved by the end of March. March... I ordered in October... They talked a good talk, but my expectations, set by CGC even back then, were no later than mid to late January, February at the longest. Now we are entering 2nd or third week in March territory.

One thing for certain, you EA’s waiting 20 months for MMr’s will tell me this is a walk in the park... and that is why you get a little of that wait back with the matching program... lucky bastards.

#3921 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

At this point I think if it comes delivered with cracked decals, or the backbox ripped off and the cabinet looking like a rhomboided Ford Festiva after a head on collision, I might still sign for my LE. After 5 months of waiting, they could deliver a Thunderturds are Go and I probably would sign for that too... Hell, right now if a refrigerator box showed up with a plank of plywood, 2 buttons, a battery, a buzzer, and a lightbulb screwed to it, I might sign on the line for that too... all of it would be more than the NIB LE I expected to have recieved by the end of March. March... I ordered in October... They talked a good talk, but my expectations, set by CGC even back then, were no later than mid to late January, February at the longest. Now we are entering 2nd or third week in March territory.
One thing for certain, you EA’s waiting 20 months for MMr’s will tell me this is a walk in the park... and that is why you get a little of that wait back with the matching program... lucky bastards.

What's an EA?

#3922 5 years ago
Quoted from Pablouk:

Good news with the Non matching LE rolling out in USA. Does anyone know when production / shipping starts on the European models. I am in UK and can't wait for my first NIB machine!!

Still no word from my distributor MOP. I ordered the LE 2nd of november.

#3923 5 years ago

There’s a whole thread about this, but the scoop is wildly inconsistent on my MBR which gets lots of plays on location. Here’s what I’ve tried:

Adjusting the power
Repositioning the assembly (there’s really only millimeters of wiggle room) by loosening screws and re tightening.
Polishing the scoop to reduce spin
Raising the plunger up 1/8 inch (and tried 1/4 inch) to have the ball rest on it

None of this has worked. The ball can hit anywhere from the slingshot to SDTM.

I think the plunger has uneven wear already (!) and is the main culprit.

I’m going to open a ticket.

#3924 5 years ago
Quoted from DANGERTERROR:

There’s a whole thread about this, but the scoop is wildly inconsistent on my MBR which gets lots of plays on location. Here’s what I’ve tried:
Adjusting the power
Repositioning the assembly (there’s really only millimeters of wiggle room) by loosening screws and re tightening.
Raising the plunger up 1/8 inch (and tried 1/4 inch) to have the ball rest on it

Keep us posted.

#3925 5 years ago
Quoted from DANGERTERROR:

Adjusting the power

I used to have SDTMs every 2-3 ejects. I grabbed the top of the scoop by hand and bent it a little towards the left or right... can't remember which.

I haven't had a SDTM in a long time, and the slight bend I put in it isn't noticeable.

#3926 5 years ago

Okay... It appears everything that requires a motor to work no longer are working.
As the frankenstien dual targets do not raise and lower anymore. Frankenies table doesn't raise and lower at all.
And now Dracula doesn't come out of his coffin.

I raised the playfield and I looked at everything... Everything looks fine.
I am beyond cheesed off right now. Game only played for about 1 hour before breaking on me.
So I will be calling CGC on Monday and seeing what they can tell me.

Was hoping there to be a simple fix, but I doubt it.
Something serious seems to be going on.

#3927 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Okay... It appears everything that requires a motor to work no longer are working.
As the frankenstien dual targets do not raise and lower anymore. Frankenies table doesn't raise and lower at all.
And now Dracula doesn't come out of his coffin.
I raised the playfield and I looked at everything... Everything looks fine.
I am beyond cheesed off right now. Game only played for about 1 hour before breaking on me.
So I will be calling CGC on Monday and seeing what they can tell me.
Was hoping there to be a simple fix, but I doubt it.
Something serious seems to be going on.

That sucks man, I hope it's a quick/simple fix, but either way I'm sure CGC will do what they need to do to turn it around.

#3928 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Everything looks fine.

Have you checked fuses on driver board in the backbox ? And on board under playfield ? Page 1-60 in the manual.

LTG : )

#3929 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

fuses sounds like a great place to start ...

#3930 5 years ago

Just traded for a MBRLE, and it is one of the most beautiful pins I’ve seen! Plays great. Small crack on the decal is barely noticeable unless you are hunting for it. This didn’t keep me from getting the machine, it is trivial. Frankly, the wrapped decal looks better. So I’ll have a coveted early MBR with wrapped decals and small signature crack! In my opinion, this is the best remake, and I’ve owned all three.

#3932 5 years ago

Scoop plunger theory is one of the black arts of pinball... it is either just right, or wrong in many ways... plunger sits to high, or low, either too near the scoop wall, or not near enough, a little too much lean to the right or left, scoop is mis-shaped, the brackets are drilled wrong, the unit is installed wrong, the coil is wound wroung, the driver is failing, the wires are freyed and breaking, the switch is loose, or getting in the way, bent wrong, rubbing, sticking, power setting too high, or too low... heck sometimes its a wonder it ever spits the ball back out again. Welcome to pinball and fiddling with the little shit for the rest of your life.

#3933 5 years ago

This pin is now #1 on pinside!

#3934 5 years ago

Howdy. Anyone know of any distros with a MBrLE? Thanks.

#3935 5 years ago

gameroomguys

#3936 5 years ago

Nitro ads for LE are still up..so maybe them as well.

#3937 5 years ago

I have one that has became available.

Let me know if interested.

#3938 5 years ago
Quoted from cheshirefilms:

Id come equipped with a $20 in your back pocket to tip him for his patience in advance in case of any problems.
If he still insists I cant stay I'll just take it, just let him take it...

So what would your option be if they did take it back? At some point, I assume the pin will have to be delivered unless you go get it yourself? Switch carries? If so, who's going to pay the extra charges?

#3939 5 years ago

Id come equipped with a $20 in your back pocket to tip him for his patience in advance in case of any problems.
If he still insists I cant stay I'll just take it, just let him take it.
You might be delayed your game an extra a day or two, but I'm sure you can talk to his supervisor also if need be.
Ultimately, I wouldn't sign on the dotted line in this day and age till you've confirmed the game is OK-
That includes cabinet, playfield glass, side rails, and turning it on.

I agree with most of what u said, but the guys not gonna wait around for you to power the game up....seems a little over the top to me....

#3940 5 years ago

Did a kinda metal shine look on the Williams logo..

984E61B2-F42F-45CC-AEE4-4A46462BBDCC (resized).jpeg984E61B2-F42F-45CC-AEE4-4A46462BBDCC (resized).jpeg
#3941 5 years ago

I don't know why you guys wanna replace the logo with Williams. I get that they are the originator of the machine, but without CGC we wouldn't have this beautifully updated classic with all the extras, like a large hi-def DMD, LED lighting that flows with the game, the speakers that make it sound amazing.

Thank you Williams for creating this game, but I'm keeping the CGC logo up there as a tribute to the remake. Williams already has ownership over the original anyway.

#3942 5 years ago

I feel ya, I just didn't like the look of cgc in there... They need a stylized font or something.. Too blah for my taste.

#3943 5 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

I feel ya, I just didn't like the look of cgc in there... They need a stylized font or something.. Too blah for my taste.

where did you get that logo....love to put that on mine

#3944 5 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Did a kinda metal shine look on the Williams logo..
[quoted image]

Excellent job with the logo it looks great. And while I agree about having the CGC logo on it I don't like the look.

if you care to share this logo I am sure several of us would be appreciative.

#3946 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I agree with most of what u said, but the guys not gonna wait around for you to power the game up....seems a little over the top to me....

The gent who delivered my game waited and didn't request a tip or seem in any hurry whatsoever.
He was relaxing on the sofa, enjoying the can of coke I put in his hand.

#3947 5 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

I don't know why you guys wanna replace the logo with Williams. I get that they are the originator of the machine, but without CGC we wouldn't have this beautifully updated classic with all the extras, like a large hi-def DMD, LED lighting that flows with the game, the speakers that make it sound amazing.
Thank you Williams for creating this game, but I'm keeping the CGC logo up there as a tribute to the remake. Williams already has ownership over the original anyway.

I like them both but am keeping CGC, as they made the original playfields and cabinets, and continue to do so. They deserve more than a little recognition.

#3948 5 years ago

The gent who delivered my game waited and didn't request a tip or seem in any hurry whatsoever.
He was relaxing on the sofa, enjoying the can of coke I put in his hand.

Thats great, but I can't imagine most would be willing to wait for someone to unbox, setup, fire up the game, and then test? In an ideal world your experience is best

#3949 5 years ago

To each his own, but I ALWAYS tip the delivery man.. it's usually the same crew and they VERY much appreciated
and patiently/help for me to get it open out and inspected!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Shepherdsville, KY
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
$ 12.95
12,125 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Paul, MN
£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

There are 9,330 posts in this topic. You are on page 79 of 187.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-remake-mbr-owners-club/page/79 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.