(Topic ID: 222461)

Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)

By MrSanRamon

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,330 posts
  • 732 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 hours ago by Dashmonster
  • Topic is favorited by 277 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)”

• I'm in on a CE 77 votes
    9%
  • I'm in on a SE 172 votes
    21%
  • I'm in on a LE 396 votes
    48%
  • I'm out for now 182 votes
    22%

(827 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wire switch 2 (resized).jpg
R orbit switch (resized).jpg
IMG_4951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4943 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0464 (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
IMG_3190 (resized).jpeg
Wolfman (resized).jpg
IMG_2467 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4014 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231111_165525077 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20231112-165133 (resized).png
20231110_123120 (resized).jpg
20231105_122730 (resized).jpg
94B393B7-CB09-4AFB-A166-CF0EC7F7F9A0 (resized).jpeg
3D150F78-A1C1-4B31-A9FA-00031163D7C1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 9,330 posts in this topic. You are on page 77 of 187.
#3801 5 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

Did anyone received a cabinet where they don’t stick around the corner ? I wonder when they begin with this ...

My date stamp is a bit blurry, but looks like Jan 20th(ish) and machine does not have the corners wrapped.

#3802 5 years ago
Quoted from Wildcat_33:

My date stamp is a bit blurry, but looks like Jan 20th(ish) and machine does not have the corners wrapped.

Can you show a close up picture, please

#3803 5 years ago

Were they wrapping the corners with the side art on these? Hope not!

Edit. I just researched this, and see that yes they were and some were cracking a bit.

#3804 5 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

I got 4 sheets from JJP. They shipped 2 and I picked up 2 at their factory. I have Magicglass on my Houdini. The Invisiglass and Magicglass are almost identical. They are both great.

Invisiglass and Magic glass from AP look like they could be from the same supplier (I am totally guessing). Stern glass has a slight purple hue to it, and does not reject light as well as the other two, but it still looks good. It’s better than a perfectly cleaned piece of regular glass but not $250 better. Could be just where I have it in the room I suppose.

#3805 5 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

I got 4 sheets from JJP. They shipped 2 and I picked up 2 at their factory. I have Magicglass on my Houdini. The Invisiglass and Magicglass are almost identical. They are both great.

Invisiglass and Magic glass from AP look like they could be from the same supplier (I am totally guessing). Stern glass has a slight purple hue to it, and does not reject light as well as the other two, but it still looks good. It’s better than a perfectly cleaned piece of regular glass but not $250 better. Could be just where I have it in the room I suppose.

Quoted from SkaterVet:

I just paid in full for my non-matching LE and am getting all set for its arrival. Does anyone know anything about the HD Glass Marco sells for $246 (includes delivery)? They claim: HD glass blocks 99% of UltraViolet light rays that deteriorate playfield plastics and artwork. Reflects less than 1% of ambient light for clearest possible playfield viewing.
Super neutral optical coating allows true color transmission through glass.

Also I believe the Marco glass is the same as the Stern stuff

#3806 5 years ago
Quoted from beeblebrox42:

I received my non-match LE yesterday! I was #5 on the non-match list at Planetary Pinball and received serial 358. It is my first pin and I was very anxious waiting this whole time about if it would get here in one piece, etc. Now I'm just excited. It has been almost 20 years since I played this in college and now I own one!
Had a friend in the area that supplies game help set up the game (well really most of the setup).
It is gorgeous. I'm not gonna lie, the beautiful spazztastic topper has memorized me and cause a few ball drains. I am having some other issues that might be common though?
The ball gets some bad kickback on the right ramp sometimes, especially if the ball is going fast. It feels like it gets pushback from the metal hanging switch if the shot isn't perfect, but I'm not sure. Also the ball sometimes escapes through the ramp and goes to the back playfield.
The right loop also will drag the ball and kick it back sometimes, again it feels like the metal switch is causing it, but I don't really know it happens too fast. After a plunge the right ramp will often shoot right down the middle.
From time to time the ball will get stuck in the left ramp, right after it curves back toward the player and if the ball is going slow. It will get stuck and nudging rarely gets it out.
Finally, the scoop return will shot straight down the middle about 1/5 of the time which is really annoying. I've never seen this issue with a strong scoop on a MB before.
I know it takes a bit to tune the game in and can be tweaked and run a bit smoother but I'm a total pinball maintenance noob, but I can learn. The first thing I'm going to do is get a digital level and I think that might help with the right loop return; but in general the bounces feel normal.
Anyone else experience these issues and know where to start or how to smooth them out? I'm a bit anxious of trying anything right away that might make things much worst.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

First I would make sure your pitch is about 7 degrees, and level from side to side.
Turn down your plunger strength one setting if your ball is bouncing back out of the lane area.
Turn down the flipper strength. I have mine at -5. This helps with the pop outs at the right ramp. You can fine tune the flippers to your liking, but default for me was way too strong.
Turn up your scoop eject power and see if that helps your SDTM shots.

It really sounds like most of the troubles are really fine tuning the machine. Absolutely start with the pitch and side to side leveling.

#3807 5 years ago

The Invisiglass has a more green color. The Magicglass has a lighter less pronounced green hue when you look at the image of the overhead lights. They are different.

#3808 5 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

Did anyone received a cabinet where they don’t stick around the corner ? I wonder when they begin with this ...

I think mine (which was delivered a few days ago) was that way IIRC

#3809 5 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

The Invisiglass has a more green color. The Magicglass has a lighter less pronounced green hue when you look at the image of the overhead lights. They are different.

Different batches?

#3810 5 years ago

My 5 IG are all the same. Got them at different times. Glad they all do their thing!

#3811 5 years ago

Just got the call. My MBrLE is being shipped. Going straight to Token Game Tavern in Knoxville and to the enjoyment of many. I currently have my AFMrLE and MMrLE on route at the same location

#3812 5 years ago
Quoted from SkaterVet:

I just paid in full for my non-matching LE and am getting all set for its arrival. Does anyone know anything about the HD Glass Marco sells for $246 (includes delivery)? They claim: HD glass blocks 99% of UltraViolet light rays that deteriorate playfield plastics and artwork. Reflects less than 1% of ambient light for clearest possible playfield viewing.
Super neutral optical coating allows true color transmission through glass.

I have PDI, stern and JJP/invisi - PDI is the best from my POV

#3813 5 years ago

but not a lot in it.

#3814 5 years ago

I think the effectiveness of glass is really a function of your environment. My game room is really bright so the glass makes a big difference. I have both PDI and Invisiglass, and I can't really tell the difference. Invisiglass is roughly $320 delivered, and PDI is roughly $360 delivered...both are nice products

#3815 5 years ago

I love the sanded edges of PDI

#3816 5 years ago

Fired my game up today for the first time and played really great out of the box. Needed some slight preference type adjusting but other then that very impressed. First game I got the Monster Bash feature and then after that I couldn't do it again. Love this fuckin game.

#3817 5 years ago
Quoted from vwallat99:

Fired my game up today for the first time and played really great out of the box. Needed some slight preference type adjusting but other then that very impressed. First game I got the Monster Bash feature and then after that I couldn't do it again. Love this fuckin game.

It's the F ing total package.

My LE has been solid as a rock, its F ing gorgeous.

CGC just crushed it with MBr. The back of the PF 3D artwork and lighting just blows me away.

Every aspect of it is FUN.

"Shallow" code is great when it all ties together like a cool Monsters Rock band.

What else would you expect with Lyman Sheets?

#3818 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Mine LE has been solid as a rock, its F ing gorgeous.
CGC just crushed it with MBr. The back of the PF 3D artwork and lighting just blows me away.
"Shallow" code is great when it all ties together like a cool Monsters Rock band.

So.....sounds like you're saying you love it

#3819 5 years ago

LE #150 plays flawlessly!

019EB344-DE63-48A0-8399-F3EB856B2966 (resized).jpeg019EB344-DE63-48A0-8399-F3EB856B2966 (resized).jpeg
#3820 5 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

The LE also gets a grade A playfield according to CGC

That’s cool if it’s true ! Just ordered one

#3821 5 years ago

Munsters n Monsters Way better threads then Willy Wonka !

#3822 5 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

LE #150 plays flawlessly!
[quoted image]

Amazing how an "old" game looks so gorgeous. Damn these classic games really stand up even by today's standards.

I mentioned earlier that I think the LE his prettier than my jjp Pirates and I'm not joking. This game in person really makes a statement. Even though it looks nice in forums these pictures don't do it justice

#3823 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I own three versions of hd glass
Stern
Invisiglass
Magic glass
Stern and invisiglass are the best of the three and look the same to me. Therefore I would just but Stern glass. No experience with pdi.

I have compared them all and chose PDI for all my games. Wins hands down.

#3824 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

My LE has been solid as a rock, its F ing gorgeous.
What else would you expect with Lyman Sheets?

Just picked up AFMRLE and feel the same. Just Awesome.
You are really making me want one of these Ice. Enjoy mate.

#3825 5 years ago

I think I am going to modify the Ball Launch button graphic to say “Let’s Rock!”...

#3826 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

I think I am going to modify the Ball Launch button graphic to say “Let’s Rock!”...

This is close!

61FkBPKgeKL._SX355_ (resized).jpg61FkBPKgeKL._SX355_ (resized).jpg
#3827 5 years ago

The buttons on my VPinMAME cabinet can be opened, and the graphic inside (which is black ink printed on a clear vinyl sticker) can be changed by replacing the clear sticker with your own custom graphic. I have all the tools to make the stickers, and if the supplier of the launch button is the same, which most likely it is, then this is an easy mod.

#3828 5 years ago

So are we finally done with the matching LE's? Are they shipping nonmatching now?

Can anyone confirm?

#3829 5 years ago
Quoted from Mokthemagicman:

So are we finally done with the matching LE's? Are they shipping nonmatching now?
Can anyone confirm?

Yep look 1 page back at 76, they're shipping/recieved

#3830 5 years ago

Was just informed that my Monster Bash LE (non matching) & Munsters LE will del on the same day..$$ expensive month

#3831 5 years ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

Was just informed that my Monster Bash LE (non matching) & Munsters LE will del on the same day..$$ expensive month

But should be a fun day.

#3832 5 years ago
Quoted from Mokthemagicman:

Can anyone confirm?

Yes. I paid in full back in November. Purchased from Automated Services (pinballs.com). My non-matching LE drop-shipped yesterday. It will be delivered next week.

#3833 5 years ago

Looking to add some LED Britebuttons to my LE when it arrives - what is everyone's opinion on color choice?

Original buttons were yellow. I see lots of redone OG games with blue. I think purple also works.

As I look at side art of the LE (with the blue trim) I am also thinking the green ones might be a solid choice as well.

TIA

#3834 5 years ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Looking to add some LED Britebuttons to my LE when it arrives - what is everyone's opinion on color choice?
Original buttons were yellow. I see lots of redone OG games with blue. I think purple also works.
As I look at side art of the LE (with the blue trim) I am also thinking the green ones might be a solid choice as well.
TIA

Green or yellow.

#3835 5 years ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

TIA

Mine are translucent purple

#3836 5 years ago
Quoted from ChiroCop:

Yes. I paid in full back in November. Purchased from Automated Services (pinballs.com). My non-matching LE drop-shipped yesterday. It will be delivered next week.

Bought from same place, my non matching LE scheduled for delivery tomorrow!

#3837 5 years ago

Alright, looks like my LE is set to be delivered this Saturday 9-3 window... Wish the window wasn't so blooming huge. As I got a friend. Who agreed to come over, but lives an hour away. And he needs to leave at around 1ish... Still excited for Monster Bash. As it'll be probably just one of 2 pins I buy this year... I was hoping for more... But, sadly stupid life gets in the way. Oh well... I can focus on restoring and repairing my others now.

#3838 5 years ago

Has anyone else experienced a lot of rejects on the Brides ramp? Mine with a good flip will loop behind the Bride, and stop at the apex of the wire ramp, and roll back down. Everything seems to be adjusted right back there. Frustrating.

#3839 5 years ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

Yes it will! Let us know objectively which game you prefer initially.

#3840 5 years ago
Quoted from shock_me:

Has anyone else experienced a lot of rejects on the Brides ramp? Mine with a good flip will loop behind the Bride, and stop at the apex of the wire ramp, and roll back down. Everything seems to be adjusted right back there. Frustrating.

I would suggest increasing the pitch.

#3841 5 years ago
Quoted from shock_me:

Something is definitely wrong there - I echo the suggestion to increase the pitch. Mine is at 7.2 which might be a good starting point

#3842 5 years ago
Quoted from Higloss67:

First I would make sure your pitch is about 7 degrees, and level from side to side.
Turn down your plunger strength one setting if your ball is bouncing back out of the lane area.
Turn down the flipper strength. I have mine at -5. This helps with the pop outs at the right ramp. You can fine tune the flippers to your liking, but default for me was way too strong.
Turn up your scoop eject power and see if that helps your SDTM shots.
It really sounds like most of the troubles are really fine tuning the machine. Absolutely start with the pitch and side to side leveling.

Thanks. I plan to try all that out. I hadn't thought of just tuning down the flippers, good idea. I agree flippers seem ridiculous strong from what I am use to on these machines. Most of the escape shots from the right ramps (jumping out in weird places) definitely seem like the ball is being flung up it way too fast.
I'm waiting for a digital level so I can figure out the pitch just right, should be here tomorrow!

#3843 5 years ago

I’m looking for a digital level as well. Any recommendations?

#3844 5 years ago

Try the phone app Pinball Leveller and/or Multiclinometer. Good Luck.

I also paid in full for my Munsters LE 2 weeks ago, and today for my MBr LE. Pretty, Pretty Cool, if they were delivered on the same day.

#3845 5 years ago
Quoted from SkaterVet:

I’m looking for a digital level as well. Any recommendations?

I went overkill and got a "Swanson SVT200 9-Inch Savage Digital Torpedo Level with Neodymium Magnets", it has accuracy within 0.01 degrees for the digital reading and all my (limited) research indicates Swanson levels are very good quality. It also seemed like a neat, and cheaper, option would be the AccuMASTER which is a tiny box with 0.02 degrees of accuracy.

However, it is likely many of the phone app leveler's would be probably good enough but I was reading they can be off anywhere from 1-3 degrees. I haven't tried any of those out. I wanted an excuse to buy a digital level.

#3846 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Something is definitely wrong there - I echo the suggestion to increase the pitch. Mine is at 7.2 which might be a good starting point

Pitch increased to 7 degrees all good now thanks guys. Everything works great now, and I'm loving the Phantom Flip now that the game seems to have dialled it in! One small issue though. The domed lamp on top of the Creature Feature mode lamp board never lights. Is this GI for Frank? There doesn't seem to be a flasher test associated with it so I'm assuming GI. Anyway I checked wiring and connections still no joy. What should the voltage be at this socket?

#3847 5 years ago
Quoted from shock_me:

Pitch increased to 7 degrees all good now thanks guys. Everything works great now, and I'm loving the Phantom Flip now that the game seems to have dialled it in! One small issue though. The domed lamp on top of the Creature Feature mode lamp board never lights. Is this GI for Frank? There doesn't seem to be a flasher test associated with it so I'm assuming GI. Anyway I checked wiring and connections still no joy. What should the voltage be at this socket?

It’s GI yes. It should be on pretty much all the time, except for effects where the GI dims.

I’m not sure where it’s attached to on the remakes but the original has its own dedicated plug. Its regular AC on originals, 6.3V lamp

#3848 5 years ago
Quoted from Hillel:

Try the phone app Pinball Leveller and/or Multiclinometer. Good Luck.
I also paid in full for my Munsters LE 2 weeks ago, and today for my MBr LE. Pretty, Pretty Cool, if they were delivered on the same day.

I ordered both as well ! #222 Munsters
Ships out today ! Waiting on MBRLE
Just ordered a few Mods for MB

#3849 5 years ago
Quoted from shock_me:

Ensure the entrance of the wire ramp does not impede ball flow. On my game, I found that the ball would hit the entrance edge of the wire ramp because one leg of the ramp sat too high. The stud holding the wire ramp was already tight and I did not want to drill into the playfield to make it sit lower. To fix, I removed the ramp and made the leading edge of the wire flat. This was reported to CGC so it may not be your issue, but I would check it just the same.
Making the ramp still requires a solid shot, but not making it is my issue and not the game's.

#3850 5 years ago
Quoted from shock_me:

Mine does that a lot!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Greeley, CO
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Shepherdsville, KY
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 12.95
$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.99
Playfield - Plastics
Pinhead mods

£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 9,330 posts in this topic. You are on page 77 of 187.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-remake-mbr-owners-club/page/77 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.