(Topic ID: 222461)

Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)

By MrSanRamon

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,324 posts
  • 731 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 46 hours ago by KidDynamite
  • Topic is favorited by 277 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)”

• I'm in on a CE 77 votes
    9%
  • I'm in on a SE 172 votes
    21%
  • I'm in on a LE 396 votes
    48%
  • I'm out for now 182 votes
    22%

(827 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wire switch 2 (resized).jpg
R orbit switch (resized).jpg
IMG_4951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4943 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0464 (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
IMG_3190 (resized).jpeg
Wolfman (resized).jpg
IMG_2467 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4014 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231111_165525077 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20231112-165133 (resized).png
20231110_123120 (resized).jpg
20231105_122730 (resized).jpg
94B393B7-CB09-4AFB-A166-CF0EC7F7F9A0 (resized).jpeg
3D150F78-A1C1-4B31-A9FA-00031163D7C1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 9,324 posts in this topic. You are on page 76 of 187.
#3751 5 years ago

Correct, MBr is #3....they were supposed to announce it at TPF in March of 2018. But, they delayed the announcement until Oct 2018.

#3752 5 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

Correct, MBr is #3....they were supposed to announce it at TPF in March of 2018. But, they delayed the announcement until Oct 2018.

Ohhhhh.
So when are you thinking #4?
I can only speculate what it is

#3753 5 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

Ohhhhh.
So when are you thinking #4?
I can only speculate what it is

Popeye

#3754 5 years ago

Awesome I've been wanting to own one... they don't come up.often

#3755 5 years ago

Eye-pop at Popeye...

They need a spit take emoji...

#3756 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Awesome I've been wanting to own one... they don't come up.often

Probably sarcasm.. BUT..

The reason you don't see too many popeyes, was because at one point they cost less than the boards were worth in them.. and many people bought them and used them for parts (direct replacements for other superpin games like TZ, WIJ, STTNG, RS, JD, DM) then trashed the cabinets and playfields. I had a popeye once, the main shots in the game can't be seen because the upper playfield covers it.. combine this with there are a lot of STDM rebounds off the bluto standups required to qualify locks for multiball.. it's really un-fun to play.

Too bad, because they put a LOT of time in the animations and video modes.. and several one-off mechs.

#3757 5 years ago

Hey guys, I have two small issues with my MBrLE. Can some one explain how to adjust drac? When the ball comes down the right orbit it clips his feet and then goes sdtm. Second, sometimes the scoop shoots sdtm, how can I adjust it?

#3758 5 years ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

Hey guys, I have two small issues with my MBrLE. Can some one explain how to adjust drac? When the ball comes down the right orbit it clips his feet and then goes sdtm. Second, sometimes the scoop shoots sdtm, how can I adjust it?

Put Drac in test mode so he comes out of the coffin. There are 2 phillips head screws on the front that hold him to the metal bracket. Loosen and 'tilt' him a bit to the right and re-tighten the screws. I had the same issue until I adjusted him - no more sdtm rollers off his feet!

Not sure on the scoop - don't have that issue. Maybe drop the coil strength down a bit?

#3759 5 years ago
Quoted from aztarac:

Put Drac in test mode so he comes out of the coffin. There are 2 phillips head screws on the front that hold him to the metal bracket. Loosen and 'tilt' him a bit to the right and re-tighten the screws. I had the same issue until I adjusted him - no more sdtm rollers off his feet!
Not sure on the scoop - don't have that issue. Maybe drop the coil strength down a bit?

Thank you, that seems easy enough!

#3760 5 years ago

Thank you, that seems easy enough!

Yes, that was such a good and simple suggestion - I hope it helps. I will try that this weekend as I get occasional feet bounces.

#3761 5 years ago

You may also have to slightly bend the whole arm Drac is on. Those screws allow some play on purpose so he will move a bit and trigger the switch. Eventually he will get back into that position. Slightly bending the arm forward or back may help. I just did this yesterday and MAJOR difference. Tiny change

You should also make sure he’s not rubbing up against the coffin when he comes out - this can lead to him not going all the way back in when it’s time to go back to sleep. Finally, his feet can drag on the PF but they should not - watch him closely in test mode for any “shuddering” you see

#3762 5 years ago

Well, just got my call from Hemispheres Amusements! My NON-Matching MBrLE is shipping to me tomorrow!! I was #2 in the cue for non matching. Can’t wait!

#3763 5 years ago
Quoted from JFink8222:

Well, just got my call from Hemispheres Amusements! My NON-Matching MBrLE is shipping to me tomorrow!! I was #2 in the cue for non matching. Can’t wait!

Congrats!!
I just received a call from Automated Services. My non-matching LE ships tomorrow. Said they just received a few LE's today from CGC.

#3764 5 years ago

If my luck holds up, I will get an email soon that my LE will be ready to ship the week of TPF, right as I am getting on a plane to Texas. So only a solid 5 month wait for an LE that I ordered on the first day it was offered, and actually within the first 3 minutes of my distributor opening his sales window. And to think, if I had just waited, I might have found a used matched number LE on the secondary market for less than the $8300 + tax I am paying for my LE, and still got it quicker than my preorder that may not even arrive by TPF. At least I know what kind of game I am getting... Not sure I could take a 5 month plus wait on a machine I have never played like the chaps who went all in on a Munsters LE, because I don’t have any steel balls bigger than an inch and a sixteenth. This wait is killing me...

#3765 5 years ago

At least it appears we are getting some nonmatched LEs out in the wild that weren't originally matched LEs that were then cancelled

I am sure that I am far down in the que since I only ordered about a month ago so its all good. I expected around march - mid march when I ordered so I may or may not be on track for that at this point. Probably more like April 1 or so. I do want my game but after buying 2 games last week my wallet could use the longer break.

#3766 5 years ago

Hi everyone.

Ordered and paid in full for a non-number matching MBLE back in November through PPS. I was under the impression that their allocation might be a little heavier given who they are.

Last week I got an email saying that it was on its way. It showed three days ago.

Not many kinks to work out. Mainly just issues with orbit feeds like a couple others have mentioned and the scoop sometimes fires the ball SDTM. Machine is dead nuts level. I'll try the solutions that have been suggested, but I am afraid it is going to be tough to nail down. Even when the ball doesn't hit drac it sometimes hits the right sling. Funny thing is, in Bowen Kerins PAPA tutorial video, in the very first plunge, the original did the same thing. I suppose it is just the nature of the beast.

Anyway, it is a BEAUTIFUL game. My wife even likes it, and she usually says nothing about the new games. I agree it is a little dark. I am still trying to decide how to address that.

#3767 5 years ago

Got my LE setup last week. After ~50 games, I've noticed 3 issues so far:

-- the scoop goes SDTM ~10-20% of the time
-- the center spinner switch stopped working (it worked fine for the first ~25 games)
-- the trough kickout can't kick the ball out properly and fires over an over... after 3-8 tries or shaking the machine, the ball escapes

#3768 5 years ago

Well my non matched paid in full since November #739 made it today. I got home and went to bed around 7AM after a long night of work to be woken up by the FedEx guy calling telling me he was going to be at my house in an hour around Noon. I had set up my delivery time for Thursday that way I wouldn't have any conflicts. After scrambling to get some help to muscle her into the house everything got taken care of and worked out better since there is a huge snowstorm on the way here and I already had shoveled out my path to the walkout already so this saved me some work. I have a minor scuff at the decal edge but the picture makes it appear much worse.. It's really hard to tell unless you know what youre looking for. Game is warming up and will have the maiden voyage tomorrow. What a gorgeous game but unfortunately I went ahead with my basement renovation so no Monster Bash party until that's complete.

20190219_131606 (resized).jpg20190219_131606 (resized).jpg20190219_131614 (resized).jpg20190219_131614 (resized).jpg20190219_132403 (resized).jpg20190219_132403 (resized).jpg20190219_134105 (resized).jpg20190219_134105 (resized).jpg20190219_134116 (resized).jpg20190219_134116 (resized).jpg20190219_134128 (resized).jpg20190219_134128 (resized).jpg20190219_141108 (resized).jpg20190219_141108 (resized).jpg20190219_141735 (resized).jpg20190219_141735 (resized).jpg20190219_141832 (resized).jpg20190219_141832 (resized).jpg20190219_141924 (resized).jpg20190219_141924 (resized).jpg20190219_141930 (resized).jpg20190219_141930 (resized).jpg20190219_142110 (resized).jpg20190219_142110 (resized).jpg20190219_143747 (resized).jpg20190219_143747 (resized).jpg
#3769 5 years ago

Well that looks like something rubbed that spot on the cab during shipment or something. I feel for you on the reno kinda mid reno myself although very minor it is a bit messy (removing fireplace to give me wall space to go from 2 pins to 5).

Congrats on the game!

#3770 5 years ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Well that looks like something rubbed that spot on the cab during shipment or something. I feel for you on the reno kinda mid reno myself although very minor it is a bit messy (removing fireplace to give me wall space to go from 2 pins to 5).
Congrats on the game!

It's a tough time right now. I just looked at my photos and saw the difference between Met's glass vs Monster bash.. It gave me anxiety. I need this project to speed up I want my gameroom back lol

#3771 5 years ago
Quoted from vwallat99:

Well my non matched paid in full since November #739 made it today. I got home and went to bed around 7AM after a long night of work to be woken up by the FedEx guy calling telling me he was going to be at my house in an hour around Noon. I had set up my delivery time for Thursday that way I wouldn't have any conflicts. After scrambling to get some help to muscle her into the house everything got taken care of and worked out better since there is a huge snowstorm on the way here and I already had shoveled out my path to the walkout already so this saved me some work. I have a minor scuff at the decal edge but the picture makes it appear much worse.. It's really hard to tell unless you know what youre looking for. Game is warming up and will have the maiden voyage tomorrow. What a gorgeous game but unfortunately I went ahead with my basement renovation so no Monster Bash party until that's complete.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Is that a magnetic cup holder? Does it stay in place with a full bottle?

#3772 5 years ago
Quoted from SkaterVet:

Yeah they are pretty strong as long you don't bump into them the wrong way or really slam down on them they stay. It was the finishing touch this afternoon!

#3773 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Its kind of a no brainer when u do the math....I added Invisiglass to my LE....its awesome

Anyone know the best place to buy Invisiglass? Is there a place that gives you a price break on more than one sheet?

#3774 5 years ago
Quoted from SkaterVet:

They dont work...buy bolt on pincups..i had two magnetic ones..first party they moved all over the place and one fell off with a full beer.

#3775 5 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

They dont work...buy bolt on pincups..i had two magnetic ones..first party they moved all over the place and one fell off with a full beer.

The same ones I got? I'll swear by mine they work great. Got them on all my games.

#3776 5 years ago
Quoted from vwallat99:

Yeah they are pretty strong as long you don't bump into them the wrong way or really slam down on them they stay. It was the finishing touch this afternoon!

That thing looks like a ticking time bomb. I would have spilled it by now!! haha

#3777 5 years ago
Quoted from vwallat99:

The same ones I got? I'll swear by mine they work great. Got them on all my games.

Great beer in your holder....Kona Big Wave?

#3778 5 years ago

LE for $8,400 (after shipping)

or

SE for $6,800 (pick up at show)

If these were your only two options being considered, which would you choose?

#3779 5 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

Great beer in your holder....Kona Big Wave?

Yeah one of my favorites.

Well I haven't dropped anything yet. Had several parties and no issues. I'd recommend them but just buy 1 and give it a try first.

#3780 5 years ago
Quoted from Zavadoza:

LE for $8,400 (after shipping)
or
SE for $6,800 (pick up at show)
If these were your only two options being considered, which would you choose?

Do you care about the topper? If not SE all the way

Shaker can be added for about $160
Plasma disc can be added for $50 (check Lermods)

Other stuff plaque, blue coating adds little value to LE package. Topper is the biggest difference. That and the extra year of warranty.

For $1600 less the SE is a bargain IMHO.

#3781 5 years ago

I will say this as well about my LE. The blue coating wasn't a big deal for me and I didn't really care for it. Unboxing this and setting her up all I can say is wow she looks great and the blue coating sure pops. I'm glad I went this route it surprised me how much I like it.

#3782 5 years ago

I have both those issues and my tickets with CGC have been open for over a month now with no contact in a few weeks, very disappointing.

The right ball guide may be adjusted by loosening a screw below the switch. I was unable to adjust it enough to clear Drac however. Therefore I've slightly bent the ball guide just like I had to on MMr and now the ball clears his feet every time and the right sling most of the time.

For the VUK issue I adjusted the entire mech under the playfield to align as far left as possible but that didnt work. Adjusted coil strength all the way up, down, everywhere in between and still get SDTM ejects. I've noticed that firm ejects hit the left flipper, but the SDTM ejects are slower and sound different as if it's a misfit with the plunger coming out if the scoop. I've even had ejects hit the right flipper about 3" right of a normal eject, far from an alignment issue it seems.

#3783 5 years ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Other stuff plaque, blue coating adds little value to LE package. Topper is the biggest difference. That and the extra year of warranty.
For $1600 less the SE is a bargain IMHO.

The LE also gets a grade A playfield according to CGC

#3784 5 years ago

I flew out to expo and put at least 40 games on MBr. I also helped a friend set up his LE and I really don't care about the topper. I don't like feeling the plaque. It's not a huge deal, but if I had a choice, I would leave it out.

I do like the plasma disc ($80), mirror blades ($100), and shaker motor ($150). I LOVE the blue powder coating. Even if I powder coat it, I will still come out way ahead.

For the $700 difference between LE and SE, I like the LE. But a $1,600 difference (and the fact that I'm still waiting, even though I ordered at expo) and not having to bring an extra game to TPF for the the number of passes I need is too good of a deal to not take. I just wanted to throw it out there to see what others thought, because I still feel a tiny bit of regret for not getting an LE (because I usually want what I feel is the best thing out there).

#3785 5 years ago

So..not sure if anyone else saw the ad for one of the distros and the $500 off CE and SE at an upcoming show? Not sure on the rules etc, but I'm guessing someone here is aware of it. Not sure if it would matter given tax though.

#3786 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

So..not sure if anyone else saw the ad for one of the distros and the $500 off CE and SE at an upcoming show? Not sure on the rules etc, but I'm guessing someone here is aware of it. Not sure if it would matter given tax though.

No tax. I changed my order from an LE to an SE and made final payment via wire transfer today. $500 off and no shipping cost is amazing. Only thing that would be better is if I was getting an LE $7,500.

#3787 5 years ago
Quoted from Zavadoza:

No tax. I changed my order from an LE to an SE and made final payment via wire transfer today. $500 off and no shipping cost is amazing. Only thing that would be better is if I was getting an LE $7,500.

Heck yea that's a great price then!

#3788 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballCoug:

.... still get SDTM ejects. I've noticed that firm ejects hit the left flipper, but the SDTM ejects are slower and sound different as if it's a misfit with the plunger coming out if the scoop.

Mine is the same. If they follow-up and have a suggestion for alignment, I'd be curious to hear about it.

#3789 5 years ago

I read somewhere they originally cut off Drac’s feet on OG MB’s to solve this SDTM off the feet problem... anyone able to confirm that? Or is that an oft retold myth?

#3790 5 years ago
Quoted from SkaterVet:

Anyone know the best place to buy Invisiglass? Is there a place that gives you a price break on more than one sheet?

I've always purchased mine directly from JJP....I've heard of rumors they occasionally have sales on more than one sheet, but I've never seen one....$320 delivered is what I've always paid....expensive, but worth it in my opinion....the good news is you can always remove it and use it on another game when your ready to sell your game....

#3791 5 years ago
Quoted from SkaterVet:

Pinballstar does deals if you pick up at a show they are attending, and you order beforehand. It's not a huge discount but it's something

There's always the Stern glass, which isn't quite as good but still rejects a lot of reflection. I have not used PDI/Roman glass but that is supposed to be the best

#3792 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

I read somewhere they originally cut off Drac’s feet on OG MB’s to solve this SDTM off the feet problem... anyone able to confirm that? Or is that an oft retold myth?

That happened before the game started shipping, prototyping phase. There used to be a couple pictures George Gomez
Had posted online but they appear to be gone

#3793 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Pinballstar does deals if you pick up at a show they are attending, and you order beforehand. It's not a huge discount but it's something
There's always the Stern glass, which isn't quite as good but still rejects a lot of reflection. I have not used PDI/Roman glass but that is supposed to be the best

I just paid in full for my non-matching LE and am getting all set for its arrival. Does anyone know anything about the HD Glass Marco sells for $246 (includes delivery)? They claim: HD glass blocks 99% of UltraViolet light rays that deteriorate playfield plastics and artwork. Reflects less than 1% of ambient light for clearest possible playfield viewing.
Super neutral optical coating allows true color transmission through glass.

#3794 5 years ago

I own three versions of hd glass

Stern
Invisiglass
Magic glass

Stern and invisiglass are the best of the three and look the same to me. Therefore I would just but Stern glass. No experience with pdi.

#3795 5 years ago

I received my non-match LE yesterday! I was #5 on the non-match list at Planetary Pinball and received serial 358. It is my first pin and I was very anxious waiting this whole time about if it would get here in one piece, etc. Now I'm just excited. It has been almost 20 years since I played this in college and now I own one!

Had a friend in the area that supplies game help set up the game (well really most of the setup).

It is gorgeous. I'm not gonna lie, the beautiful spazztastic topper has memorized me and cause a few ball drains. I am having some other issues that might be common though?

The ball gets some bad kickback on the right ramp sometimes, especially if the ball is going fast. It feels like it gets pushback from the metal hanging switch if the shot isn't perfect, but I'm not sure. Also the ball sometimes escapes through the ramp and goes to the back playfield.

The right loop also will drag the ball and kick it back sometimes, again it feels like the metal switch is causing it, but I don't really know it happens too fast. After a plunge the right ramp will often shoot right down the middle.

From time to time the ball will get stuck in the left ramp, right after it curves back toward the player and if the ball is going slow. It will get stuck and nudging rarely gets it out.

Finally, the scoop return will shot straight down the middle about 1/5 of the time which is really annoying. I've never seen this issue with a strong scoop on a MB before.

I know it takes a bit to tune the game in and can be tweaked and run a bit smoother but I'm a total pinball maintenance noob, but I can learn. The first thing I'm going to do is get a digital level and I think that might help with the right loop return; but in general the bounces feel normal.

Anyone else experience these issues and know where to start or how to smooth them out? I'm a bit anxious of trying anything right away that might make things much worst.

2019-02-19 16.11.00 (resized).jpg2019-02-19 16.11.00 (resized).jpg2019-02-19 16.52.12 (resized).jpg2019-02-19 16.52.12 (resized).jpg2019-02-19 18.34.59 (resized).jpg2019-02-19 18.34.59 (resized).jpg2019-02-19 18.34.58 (resized).jpg2019-02-19 18.34.58 (resized).jpg
#3796 5 years ago

#952 Arrived home on Saturday. Thanks to Nitro Pinball for the great (stealth) delivery and setup

20190216_130325 (resized).jpg20190216_130325 (resized).jpg
#3797 5 years ago
Quoted from Wildcat_33:

#952 Arrived home on Saturday. Thanks to Nitro Pinball for the great (stealth) delivery and setup
[quoted image]

Yeah I guess its pretty obvious what's happening when that thing comes down the road, lol. The van is cool though!

#3798 5 years ago
Quoted from beeblebrox42:

I received my non-match LE yesterday! I was #5 on the non-match list at Planetary Pinball and received serial 358. It is my first pin and I was very anxious waiting this whole time about if it would get here in one piece, etc. Now I'm just excited. It has been almost 20 years since I played this in college and now I own one!
Had a friend in the area that supplies game help set up the game (well really most of the setup).
It is gorgeous. I'm not gonna lie, the beautiful spazztastic topper has memorized me and cause a few ball drains. I am having some other issues that might be common though?
The ball gets some bad kickback on the right ramp sometimes, especially if the ball is going fast. It feels like it gets pushback from the metal hanging switch if the shot isn't perfect, but I'm not sure. Also the ball sometimes escapes through the ramp and goes to the back playfield.
The right loop also will drag the ball and kick it back sometimes, again it feels like the metal switch is causing it, but I don't really know it happens too fast. After a plunge the right ramp will often shoot right down the middle.
From time to time the ball will get stuck in the left ramp, right after it curves back toward the player and if the ball is going slow. It will get stuck and nudging rarely gets it out.
Finally, the scoop return will shot straight down the middle about 1/5 of the time which is really annoying. I've never seen this issue with a strong scoop on a MB before.
I know it takes a bit to tune the game in and can be tweaked and run a bit smoother but I'm a total pinball maintenance noob, but I can learn. The first thing I'm going to do is get a digital level and I think that might help with the right loop return; but in general the bounces feel normal.
Anyone else experience these issues and know where to start or how to smooth them out? I'm a bit anxious of trying anything right away that might make things much worst.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

On my OG MB I was able to just turn the scoop slightly and then just about every single kick out went right to the left flipper, np but I did have this issue when I first got the game 14 years ago.

#3799 5 years ago
Quoted from SkaterVet:

I got 4 sheets from JJP. They shipped 2 and I picked up 2 at their factory. I have Magicglass on my Houdini. The Invisiglass and Magicglass are almost identical. They are both great.

#3800 5 years ago

Did anyone received a cabinet where they don’t stick around the corner ? I wonder when they begin with this ...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
There are 9,324 posts in this topic. You are on page 76 of 187.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-remake-mbr-owners-club/page/76?hl=evh347 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.