(Topic ID: 222461)

Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)

By MrSanRamon

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,324 posts
  • 731 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by KidDynamite
  • Topic is favorited by 277 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)”

• I'm in on a CE 77 votes
    9%
  • I'm in on a SE 172 votes
    21%
  • I'm in on a LE 396 votes
    48%
  • I'm out for now 182 votes
    22%

(827 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wire switch 2 (resized).jpg
R orbit switch (resized).jpg
IMG_4951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4943 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0464 (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
IMG_3190 (resized).jpeg
Wolfman (resized).jpg
IMG_2467 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4014 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231111_165525077 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20231112-165133 (resized).png
20231110_123120 (resized).jpg
20231105_122730 (resized).jpg
94B393B7-CB09-4AFB-A166-CF0EC7F7F9A0 (resized).jpeg
3D150F78-A1C1-4B31-A9FA-00031163D7C1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 9,324 posts in this topic. You are on page 75 of 187.
#3701 5 years ago

SE for sale cheap! It does need some work. All of the blue bumper pads and post rubbers are worn out and need replacing. It has been one of those mornings that I can’t hit a damn thing except the posts! Son of a @&*#$.

#3702 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I don't get the attraction of having a knocker in a HUO environment....whats the point?

I completely agree. They only scare the neighbors.

On location on the other hand, it is a must for me.

#3703 5 years ago
Quoted from Higloss67:

SE for sale cheap! It does need some work. All of the blue bumper pads and post rubbers are worn out and need replacing. It has been one of those mornings that I can’t hit a damn thing except the posts! Son of a @&*#$.

How many games? That seems awfully fast for things to be wearing out

#3704 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

How many games? That seems awfully fast for things to be wearing out

I think he forgot to add the emoji

#3705 5 years ago

Sorry, forgot how literal everyone is.

#3706 5 years ago
Quoted from bigdog50:

Oh yes - it needs it! All this talk about knockers but if you want to blow your socks off get a subwoofer hooked up. I put one in, shared between AFMr and MBr and its unbelievable. More so the AFMr but both sound phenomenal with that extra bass and rich sound. It sits under / between the two games. Best $90 "mod" you can buy amazon.com link »

bigdog50 Could you post a brief description about how you hooked this up?

#3707 5 years ago

In case anyone is interested I made a Monster Bash topper for myself that I thought came out pretty good...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-created-a-monster-bash-topper-1-of-1#post-4842110

IMG_5584 (resized).jpgIMG_5584 (resized).jpg
#3708 5 years ago

SE 2191 reporting in. Beautiful game, really think CGC did an excellent job with this machine. Hate to see the dimples forming on that glossy pristine playfield, but not going to prevent me from playing the heck out of it. Scoop protector also gets beat to shit in a hurry, but otherwise, everything is good out of the box - not regretting the purchase at all.

#3709 5 years ago

Just an update on my Drac switch: adjusted the switch and voila...it registers every time now.

I also noticed after adjusting the switch, I started to get consistent SDTM shots with the ball slowly coming off the right orbit-which never happened before. I loosened the 2 screws on Drac and adjusted him a little to the right and tightened the screws.So far appears to be playing like it was before removing him from his stand.

This is probably nothing new to most in this group, but I noticed the Bride solenoid is timed to the call outs of the Bride. I have played the game a handful of times prior to getting the remake and never noticed it. I thought it was a nice touch.

#3710 5 years ago

Anyone know if MBR comes with standard rubber rings (or silicone)?

#3711 5 years ago

standard rings

#3712 5 years ago

So three months in with over 300 games on our MBrCE and the only things I've had to do in the past couple months is tighten the spinner bracket and tighten one bulb behind the mummy. Other than that she's been an absolute joy to own.

High score is just under 900,000,000 and all of us here can have 200,000,000 games from time to time(stock settings except extra balls at 60m, 120m and 180m).

Still no regerts!

Quoted from JeffF:

After about a month and ~200 games... we are still loving our MBr CE!
The only adjustment I've needed to make so far is the Dracula hit contact. He wasn't registering hits all the time so I had to slightly bend the contact.
No ramp issues, no "Cliffy" issue, no low volume issue... nothing other than the Dracula thing above.
Neat thing is there has only been one day since taking possession that I haven't played at least a handful of games. And that one day I was out of town.
So happy with our purchase!

#3713 5 years ago

What's the low volume issue?

#3714 5 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

What's the low volume issue?

that was a firmware issue fixed a month ago....

#3715 5 years ago

MBrLE #458 is setup and absolutely gorgeous. And while kids are playing it and I haven't gone over every single inch of her, so far it appears to have ZERO issues. Only complaint is that the playfield does seem a little dark, but I'm also probably spoiled to my AFMrLE #458 which has pinstadium lights and that really does make a huge difference. I think they are crazy overpriced but might buy it for MB because it is that noticeably dark compared to AFM.

52715505_1262377893914469_6782953361361600512_n (resized).jpg52715505_1262377893914469_6782953361361600512_n (resized).jpg
#3716 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

They will never sell the topper individually....if u wanted to sell it for some reason u could probably get a pretty penny for it

Thats not a bad idea since I have no ceiling room for the topper anyway. It would depend on what they end up going for.

#3717 5 years ago

Wow. This pin is a SEXY BEAST! And a blast to play.

Phenomenal job CGC. Holy cow.

#3718 5 years ago
Quoted from playernumber4:

Thats not a bad idea since I have no ceiling room for the topper anyway. It would depend on what they end up going for.

Start at 1k and take 800. Not kidding - I'm telling you it will sell for close that amount.

#3719 5 years ago

I would think u could easily get $600+ for that topper.....most will be with the LE so having that topper thats not an an LE will be pretty rare

#3720 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I would think u could easily get $600+ for that topper.....most will be with the LE so having that topper thats not an an LE will be pretty rare

Yep I would agree with this and frankly it would probably sell for $800. I wouldn't pay that much for it.

Also one already sold in the FS/FT Colorado thread for $500 + shipping

#3721 5 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

MBrLE #458 is setup and absolutely gorgeous. And while kids are playing it and I haven't gone over every single inch of her, so far it appears to have ZERO issues. Only complaint is that the playfield does seem a little dark, but I'm also probably spoiled to my AFMrLE #458 which has pinstadium lights and that really does make a huge difference. I think they are crazy overpriced but might buy it for MB because it is that noticeably dark compared to AFM.
[quoted image]

I'm gonna say don't F up the beauty of our LE with pinstadium lighting. Maybe a trough light? But no way, don't do it on this pin!

#3722 5 years ago
Quoted from bigdog50:

Oh yes - it needs it! All this talk about knockers but if you want to blow your socks off get a subwoofer hooked up. I put one in, shared between AFMr and MBr and its unbelievable. More so the AFMr but both sound phenomenal with that extra bass and rich sound. It sits under / between the two games. Best $90 "mod" you can buy amazon.com link »

How do you hook it up?

#3723 5 years ago

Selling the topper for $1000 would be like getting the LE for the price of the SE. Not a bad deal. It would still sell for more than an SE further down the road.

#3724 5 years ago

Selling the topper for $1000 would be like getting the LE for the price of the SE. Not a bad deal. It would still sell for more than an SE further down the road.

I disagree. I can't imagine an LE w/o a topper selling for any more than an SE unless someone really wanted the plaque or blue coating.

Frankly all the other stuff on the LE (for us at least) we could care less about vs. the SE. Blue coating - ehh, plaque - MASSIVE NO THX, plasma disc - ok I dig this for sure and would want it, Topper - awesome, not as awesome as AFM but still awesome for us, shaker motor - not needed for this game I'm sure but its there.

Either way we ordered the LE as that is what the wife wanted.

Just my 2 cents worth but yeah the LE topper would sell for a damn pretty penny for sure.

Quoted from iceman44:

I'm gonna say don't F up the beauty of our LE with pinstadium lighting. Maybe a trough light? But no way, don't do it on this pin!

I feel that MB needs extra lighting. Maybe go with poor man's pinstadiums (see the thread) but some additional ambient lighting inside this game I think would be great. I wholeheartedly agree with the trough light too which is why I already ordered one even though I am still waiting on my game.

#3725 5 years ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

I feel that MB needs extra lighting. Maybe go with poor man's pinstadiums (see the thread) but some additional ambient lighting inside this game I think would be great. I wholeheartedly agree with the trough light too which is why I already ordered one even though I am still waiting on my game.

Having just set mine up yesterday, you don't need it and it would destroy the natural awesome light show. A few little upgrades per Lermods is right on i think.

#3726 5 years ago

Went to starfighters arcade in Mesa AZ last night. Got to play a ton of pins and AFMrLE for the first time ever. They had an original MB which was pretty cool. But I was more interested in playing AFMrLE just to feel the “build quality” of a CGC machine. I would like to ask one question of current MBrLE owners since I have one on order. Do the flippers feel like they have a “spring” to them? I seriously felt a spring on the AFMrLE that I was playing every time I hit the flipper. It was a fun game no doubt, but again, I was really just trying to feel out the quality. Just wondering. Thanks for input

#3727 5 years ago

I don't have much hands on with an original mb, but my whitewater project was built in an old monster bash cabinet. I can say the mbr and likely all the remake cabinets are way nicer than originals. Real plywood on the bottom, instead of particle board, a much nicer finish to the inside. CGC puts a solid package together. Small touches make me smile, like the color cards with rules and game credits in the apron which a home collector would add to their game instead of whatever lame black and white crap you usually get.

#3728 5 years ago
Quoted from JFink8222:

Went to starfighters arcade in Mesa AZ last night. Got to play a ton of pins and AFMrLE for the first time ever. They had an original MB which was pretty cool. But I was more interested in playing AFMrLE just to feel the “build quality” of a CGC machine. I would like to ask one question of current MBrLE owners since I have one on order. Do the flippers feel like they have a “spring” to them? I seriously felt a spring on the AFMrLE that I was playing every time I hit the flipper. It was a fun game no doubt, but again, I was really just trying to feel out the quality. Just wondering. Thanks for input

I have both sitting next to each other and they feel like every other pinball machine I've owned....

#3729 5 years ago

Sold my original and ordered LE today
Funny thing is I reached out to a Pinsider who sold his MBR and (which he has the right to voice his opinion) claimed it played clunky unlike his AFM LE. I have to say MB is not a AFM , all the toys, bashing a Frankenstein etc , I love MB but it’s a different beast altogether IMO ?
I also feel a lot of guys never played a brand new MB to begin with and how well built the game is it probably plays stiff ?
I’m all for the remakes adding new life to old classic games ! To me it’s like buying a modded out game but it’s already done

My AFMLE gets played everyday not one issue and the build quality is beautiful
Looking forward to MBRLE!
Thanks CGC

#3730 5 years ago

Anyone else hear from their distributor about NON MATCHING LE on the way?
Waiting in line for myself on one...

#3731 5 years ago

I haven't heard anything about my non-matching LE either. I called a week or so ago and got the impression that it wasn't going to ship anytime soon.

#3732 5 years ago

is it cheating to add a ball save timer? man without there are so brutally short games lol

Also how do you guys determine how far to raise up the back legs? can someone take a photo of the level and show me where it optimally should be?

#3733 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

But man it looks GORGEOUS on my AFM. Do you feel the same way about pinstadium on AFM??

#3734 5 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

But man it looks GORGEOUS on my AFM. Do you feel the same way about pinstadium on AFM??

IMO (which means nothing), The AFMLE is plenty bright enough. I playing dim lighting and no lighting tag all and that game seems to be super bright! I think the only light mod needed for the MBR might be the drain lighting.....

#3735 5 years ago
Quoted from PBINTHESOUTH:

Anyone else hear from their distributor about NON MATCHING LE on the way?
Waiting in line for myself on one...

Paid in full for my non-matching MBrLE today. Distributor said they’re picking up their games next week and the week after. It’s been a long wait...long if you include I was expecting CGC to announce #3 in March 2018. It’s tough knowing everyone else is getting theirs before you even though I was a day 1 preorder, but in the end I appreciate everyone else helping CGC work out the kinks in production.

#3736 5 years ago
Quoted from homegameroom:

I haven't heard anything about my non-matching LE either. I called a week or so ago and got the impression that it wasn't going to ship anytime soon.

I heard the same story from my distributor.

At least with the next CGC game I buy, I won't be a non matching LE guy again.

#3737 5 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Accent lighting looks much better to me than flooding the playfield with light.

C806848B-755A-49D4-A150-0BF14426B898 (resized).jpegC806848B-755A-49D4-A150-0BF14426B898 (resized).jpeg
#3738 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Accent lighting looks much better to me than flooding the playfield with light.
[quoted image]

I couldn't agree more....I'm sure the pin stadium lighting is a great product, but I prefer accent lighting....I buy mine from Comet....

#3739 5 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

I sold my AFMrLE which I regret a bit

The MBr light show and colors though I feel just need a few tweaks.

The lighting in different areas and toys, especially the 3D look of the back of the PF, not sure if pinstadium would wash out too much of the contrast?

#3740 5 years ago

Btw. My pin was non matching so the rest should be right behind

#3741 5 years ago

Pinstadiums no question make my AFM look much better. Already have a pair ready for my MBR which after finally playing it, def needs it imo.

Here's the way this plays out - to save the drama. There are two customers:

1) I love the subtle lighting of the old school games b/c it doesn't oversaturate it. I also like to keep my tv on movie setting with no dynamic contrast b/c it's the "truest" representation of the movie.

2) I love pop in my pinball games b/c these games are as much gameplay as art and actually being able to see all of the art in its super vibrant form, looks great. I also like to have my tv picture pop - dynamic contrast really makes the pic stand out.

#1 - don't buy PS.

#2 - buy PS.

#3742 5 years ago

I was skeptical of pinstadium for quite a while - but I just bought another WOZ, and what game is darker than WOZ? it looks spectacular. The pinstadium rails are kind of annoying but I’m not pulling the PF regularly so NBD.

Just to see, I installed them into my MB to see what it was like.. looks like ass. not every game needs/wants it, but that doesn’t make pinstadium a bad product. YMMV

I do have to say that MB looks astonishing after a full LED overhaul (mines an original). Took me all day but man it was worth it.

#3743 5 years ago
Quoted from JFink8222:

buy with confidence - CGC stuff is top quality. I've had the least number of issues with my CGC games than any others. I have MMRLE and AFMRLE. Sold my MB for MBRLE!

#3744 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I was skeptical of pinstadium for quite a while - but I just bought another WOZ, and what game is darker than WOZ? it looks spectacular. The pinstadium rails are kind of annoying but I’m not pulling the PF regularly so NBD.
Just to see, I installed them into my MB to see what it was like.. looks like ass. not every game needs/wants it, but that doesn’t make pinstadium a bad product. YMMV
I do have to say that MB looks astonishing after a full LED overhaul (mines an original). Took me all day but man it was worth it.

I agree WOZ is really dark and could use pin stadiums....Twilight zone is another dark game....I chose to put a bunch of spot lights all over the place and its great

#3745 5 years ago

We need one more MBr SE approved rating to get on the top 100 list!

#3746 5 years ago

Anyone getting frequent bounce outs of the extra ball hole part of the playfield?? Is there a solution for this?

#3747 5 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Anyone getting frequent bounce outs of the extra ball hole part of the playfield?? Is there a solution for this?

Bump flipper power down a couple notches. Default seems pretty strong.

#3748 5 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

I was expecting CGC to announce #3 in March 2018.

Isn’t MB #3?

#3749 5 years ago

Just got an e-mail from Hemisphere Amusements informing me my MB LE is about 2 weeks out. I am #7 in queue. Paid my down pmt. in October.

#3750 5 years ago

That’s awesome! I’m #2 in line with Hemispheres. Those guys are great to work with. Paid in full last week.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
There are 9,324 posts in this topic. You are on page 75 of 187.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-remake-mbr-owners-club/page/75?hl=loganjk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.